Forlorn and Forgotten Knowledge

Evening, Day 3

Located down the hall from the cafeteria is the library, a large expansive room containing rows upon rows of bookshelves. The library was intended to be a solarium during the original construction of the building which became the asylum, but during the building process this was found to be unfeasible. A remnant of this intention persists, however, in the chamber's glass-domed roof. This quirk was appreciated by many of the doctors, who felt the natural light helped make the library feel lively as opposed to the more typical dingy nature of such rooms. As a result, the library became a favorite sport for many of the doctors and patients to relax, often at a couple of round coffee tables and solid oak chairs located near the entrance. There is a wide selection of books within the library, including classics from Shakespeare and Dickens to more contemporary books from the time such as Catcher in the Rye and Lord of the Rings, although Lord of the Flies is notably absent.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Well, that was fruitful. Also kinda how things always worked out; she didn't have any sort of plan for this, she just kind of said things and then people got upset and fucked themselves over and everything worked out for her. Jazzy's timing was perfect for a pouty stormout too. "It's okay, Jazzy," she mumbled as she turned towards her, "I think we should go..."

Blair was out there, alone and weak and pissed off. She was practically already dead, and now Wolfie was all turned around. There was probably something she was forgetting, but as she took her girlfriend's hand and started to pull her away, she could only smile herself and shrug it away. Her work was done.

((Caedyn Miller Continued The Latest Story That I Know is the One That I'm Supposed to Go Out With))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Aura

Post by Aura »

Well, that just happened.

Blair just up and walked out, looking pretty pissed while she did so. Then Jasmine showed up, sounding even more confused about the situation than she did. And then for the hat trick, Caedyn walked out too, even more abruptly than she had arrived.

That was probably the best way that Rene could sum up the sequence of events that had just occurred. Once Caedyn had told her story, everything pretty much moved in fast forward. With the room emptying as quickly as it did, and the odd interruption of Jamsine's arrival, Rene wasn't feeling too comfortable hanging around any more. Plus, with her only known remaining ally storming off, she had a good feeling that not dropping that one connection as in her best interest.

Rene turned to Jasmine. "Yeah, I think I'm gonna go now. Nice seeing ya." She pointed out the door before following her own direction and walking out, hoping to catch up to Blair before she was out of range.

There was probably a dead body or something hidden under all those books anyway.

((Rene Wolfe continued elsewhere...))
Ciel

Post by Ciel »

Jasmine felt anxious. Real anxious. She felt like she was intruding on a private phone call or something, somebody else's dirty laundry. Her head spun around just as Caedyn turned to leave. Her eyes darted between Rene's face and Caedyn's back. Finally Kay was gone, and that left Jasmine and Rene to stare at one another.

"Um yeah," Jasmine said, suddenly feeling herself to stare at her feet. "See ya, I guess."

She watched Rene walk off. Then she glanced over her shoulder. She was glad Caedyn decided to leave. The bloodstains were awfully offputting and if Rene had walked in a few steps further inside, she would have definitely seen Joshua's body just hangin' around.

Jasmine sighed. Then she rushed after Caedyn. The anxiety was working its way up her throat. She needed to catch up with her and find some place to settle down. Where they won't be bothered. Just the two of them.

(Jasmine Reed continued in Kiss Land.)

Return to “The Asylum Library”