By the River

(Content warning)

Fallout from the dance, including parties, hotel rooms, and all other destinations find their home here. This is the place for any characters to head after the big dance for more Prom-evening fun.
Ciel†

By the River

Post by Ciel† »

(James Mulzet continued from The Dance Must Go On)

James noticed that his throat was dry just as he was about to pull off the county road. In a mini limo with his girlfriend. Who was holding onto his arm. He was nervous. Yeah, sure he wanted to be alone with Thea, but in the end did he want to be alone with her? He wasn't sure what that even meant! She was looking at him, wondering where he was taking her.

The tiny river he had found a few weeks before was in the same spot, parked away from a tiny road that James always took going to school. It was never deserted but it was certainly never busy. He was thankful no one had been using the road when he turned off! It was all going to plan, the plan that he had strung together hastily thirty minutes ago.

"Um... this the place!" He said, looking over at her as he parked.

The lake was lit up tonight. It was a small lake, nothing really spectacular but with the moon the way it was it's reflection filled up the entire space. James laughed nervously as his arm found it's way around her seat. This plan had come together better than he expected! The lake was more romantic than the bowling alley!
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

((Thea Kairos continued from The Dance Must Go On ))

Thea sat with her eyes closed, leaning against James' arm as he drove. She'd slipped her heels off when they'd first climbed into the car. She had no idea where they were headed, but trusted James when he'd promised it was something she'd want to see. Thea still seemed so nervous around her and she wondered if maybe she should tone down her displays of affection. He didn't seem to be bothered by it now however, and she wasn't sure she could tone it down. Her family always showed how they felt, whether it was gestures in an argument or hugs and pecks on the cheek.

She sighed as she felt the car pull to a stop. She opened her eyes then as James announced they are here. She gasped in awe at the sight before her. The lake that they'd parked in front of was small, but the way that the moonlight was sparkling across the water was beautiful. "Oh, James it's beautiful," she said snuggling into his arms. "Was this your plan all along to get me alone out here by the lake," she teased.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

James tried his best to tease right back at Thea. "I don't know. Were you hoping that I would?" He laughed, his whole face growing red. Sure, it wasn't his plan all along to GET her alone. It was nice to know that she liked the spot he picked. James was worried that she would find it boring. James leaned back into the driver seat and gently stroked Thea's cheek. It was rather unusual for his parents to show him any sign of affection. They hugged him and kissed his cheek as a child but they were more inclined to encourage him with words rather than actions. It wasn't like he didn't like Thea's affection, but it's like a foreign entity to him. Something he couldn't really grasp by his lonesome.

The boy smiled as Thea snuggled into his arms. He had been trying to gain the courage to talk to her about his plans for college. He would have to tell her sooner or later. James had planned to tell her just as the night had ended but now, with Thea in his arms, he couldn't force himself to do it. This felt so... right. While he wasn't sure if his feelings were for real or not, if his affection for Thea was only puppy love and not actual love, he was sure that he didn't give a damn. He was happy with Thea.

But he dreaded to think how she would feel if he avoided telling her about his future until the last minute. He gulped. Might as well ease into it, he thought. No reason to blurt it out.

"A-Ahh, Thea," He started, "have you figured out what you're going to do for college?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

"I don't know. Were you hoping that I would?" He laughed, his whole face growing red.

Thea smiled and lazily trailed her hand down his chest. "That's for me to know and you to find out," she smirked. Truthfully, she was content to sit here with his arm around her. Her gaze shifted out to the sparkeling water and she watched it through half-closed lids. Then she felt James straighten up, she turned her head towards him and was about to ask what was wrong when he spoke again.

"A-Ahh, Thea," He started, "have you figured out what you're going to do for college?"

"Hmm, oh yeah. I've been accepted to the University of Michigan. I'm going undeclared, but I'm leaning towards political science and they've got a good program," she said. "I'm hoping to study in Greece, at some point. What are your plans?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Arscapi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

James felt a light shiver run down his spine as Thea's hand ran down his chest. Her response just made him clam up. Maybe he should shut up and avoid saying anything to her. This was their night! They were at a little lake all alone after prom. Why would he want to ruin that? He had to be honest with Thea of all people though.

"Um, that's what I wanted to talk to you about."

It almost hurt his whole body to start talking. "You know how I was shooting for Yale? Um, I actually got accepted. After this summer I'm moving Thea. I didn't know how else to tell you. I wanted to wait till later but..."
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Thea pushed off gently and stared at him.

"You got accepted that's great," she said her face lighting up. She reached over and punched him lightly in the arm. "Why didn't you tell me right away? This is big news."

She reached over and wrapped her arms around him in a hug and effectively pulling herself into his lap. It was a tight fit wedged between James and the steering wheel. "Congratulations," she said the pulled back as much as she was able and leveled a look at him. "Wait, why were you upset about telling me? Are you, are you telling me you don't want to see me anymore," she said unconsciously biting the edge of her lower lip as she searched his face for a hint of his feelings.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

James was surprised of the sudden move into his lap. Surprised but not entirely upset. His hands wrapped around her waist, holding her closer. He looked right into her eyes, blinking as she overreacted to what he said. He shook his head quickly, biting his lip. Oh boy, that wasn't what he meant! His arms tensed up.

"Oh, no no!" He stopped her, running his thumbs along her sides mindlessly. He was flustered - heck, who would ever want to break up with Thea? Thea was great! It was just... "I just thought that, well... it'd be kinda hard. Yale is over in Connecticut. Unless you want to go into a long-distance relationship..."
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Thea sagged against him, enjoying the feeling of his fingers as they traced along her side. She was content to stay like this, but apparently they had important matters to discuss. She tilted her head up to look at him in profile. "Don't scare me like that," she said.

She shrugged, against his chest. "I'd never really given it serious thought. I just kind of assumed that's what we'd do, if you got accepted. I mean I applied to out of state schools too, but decided to stick close to home. I don't know how well it'll work, but I'm willing to try. We don't have to decide right now we have the whole summer ahead of us. Unless you need a plan right now. I mean I was planning on studying in Greece, well not right away but still that'd be even farther away," she fell silent realizing she was beginning to babble. "I'm gonna stop talking now, if that's okay with you."
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

James just smiled as Thea rambled. She was cute when she rambled. It may not look like but she and James were very similar. He was glad that she was about as nervous about this as he was. The boy just shook his head and with a brush of his thumb he lifted her head up... Was this the first time she was in his lap? Hmm, odd. He was sure he would have noticed that. James looked into Thea's eyes and for a moment he didn't say anything. And when he did know of something to say, he had to force it out.

"Well, I-I'm sure we can come up with something..."

That was when he kissed her. It was an awkward kiss, with her chest against his and her head tilted up James had to lean down to kiss her. He was hesitant with the kiss, not really pushing all the way into her lips but just leaving a little bit of room. It was a gentle kiss, nothing more and nothing less. He didn't want her to worry about it, not now.
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Thea's eyes widened and then drifted close as James' lips met hers. She was surprised that James had actually initiated a kiss. She wiggled in his lap trying to get more comfortable, and to give him a better angle. She looped her arms around his neck, and deepened the kiss.

She broke the kiss and looked at him. "So what are you planning on studying anyway," she asked returning to their earlier conversation. "I mean I'm leaning towards political science, I like to argue. But you know I'm also thinking about psychology or ...or maybe something to do with sports therapy. Actually my dad is hoping I'll go into business, you know take over the family business. I don't know about that though."
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

James looked back at Thea with a smile. Ahh jeez. He sat back in his seat, sighing as he tried to continue the conversation. "Well, um... physics? Ahh jeez, I must sound like a complete nerd to you right now. You know I've always been good with numbers. Straight A's through science so I thought, well, maybe that's the road I should take. Maybe I discover something, become someone famous for his own theories like Archimedes or Albert Einstein..."

He rolled his shoulders, a little uncomfortable. Look at him - a nerd with a cheerleader in his lap, in a car alone, talking about physics. Somehow the irony eluded him until now.

"Well, your parents care about what you think right?" James changed the subject quickly, looking at Thea with slight concern. "They wouldn't force you to take over the business if you really didn't want to... right? They seem reasonable enough. I'm sure they'd understand if you wanted to go to college." Of course this was all optimism from James's part. Somehow he doubted highly that Thea's parents would be too happy, but he wanted Thea to be happy.
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

James rolled his shoulders, looking a little uncomfortable.

Thea smiled reassuringly, she was still amazed that he was worried he looked like a nerd. Granted her choices of majors didn't require a ton of math skills, but she got good grades and was looking forward to college, both for the classes and the parties. Okay, maybe a little more for the social aspects than the curriculum.

"Well, your parents care about what you think right?" James changed the subject quickly, looking at her with slight concern. "They wouldn't force you to take over the business if you really didn't want to... right? They seem reasonable enough. I'm sure they'd understand if you wanted to go to college," James said.

Thea's grin widened and she leaned forward and kissed James again. "I love you," she said resting her forehead against. "You're so sweet. No, my parents would respect my decision, even if it was not going to college. Although I'm sure I'd never hear the end of that one. School is important to my family, right now they're happy I picked a school and got accepted. They'll be happy for me when I graduate, but if I just happened to pick a major that showed an interest in the family business, then they'd be ecstatic."

"What about your family, they happy to have a nerd in the family," she teased, but she didn't give him a chance to answer before reclaiming his lips. Her tongue flicked over his lips seeking to deepen the kiss.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

James saw her grin widen and he felt her kiss him. He tried to kiss back but he pulled back slightly. It really didn't matter, since the kiss broke a second later. "I love you too Thea." He smiled, laying back in his chair again. "And, well, yeah. I mean... I might sound like I'm contradicting myself, but from what you told me your parents, um, wouldn't be too happy if you wander off from what they want." He laughed.

That was when she kissed him again. He would have been happy to answer her, but he was cut off before he could get the chance. Instead he moved forward and let the kiss take it's course. He felt her delicate tongue glide against his dry lip, and instantly James knew to open his mouth and gave her a reaction. His tongue clicked with her's, making him laugh as a result, but still he didn't even attempt to break their kiss.

His hands wrapped around her waist again, pulling her in closer. James had forgotten all about the question Thea had posed only a minute ago.
Arscapi†

Post by Arscapi† »

Thea deepened the kiss as she felt James' reaction. She used her tongue to explore James' mouth. She felt him laugh against her mouth and grinned in response. I am totally making out with a self-proclaimed nerd, she thought. Somehow it doesn't really matter to me. He cares about me and I don't have to worry too much about him dumping him for the next popular girl. She cringed inwardly at her thought. Wow, I'm being like totally shallow and self-absorbed right now. Way to live the stereotype there. What was she doing, James was actually responding to her and here she was analyzing the situation.

Pushing the thoughts aside she moved to wrap her arms around his shoulders and hit the seat. She pulled back and grimaced as the steering wheel once again dug into her back. Sighing, she sat up straight again. "Could we maybe take this somewhere a little more comfortable," she said her voice barely a whisper.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

James shivered again as he let Thea's tongue in, fully intending for her to keep it locked for as long as possible. He was sad to admit it but Thea was the more aggressive in their relationship, though that wasn't to say that he never initiated anything with her. He always set up the dates with her, kissed her, the type of stuff the man in the relationship would have to start. But when you got Thea worked up it was hard to get her to settle down.

The kiss broke and Thea asked where would be more comfortable. James froze. While it seemed an obvious, the suggestion surprised him. He looked at Thea, the hands around her loosening their grip. He looked almost confused.

"W-Wha..." he started to ask, but stopped.

Wait. What did she mean? Did she want to move to a place so they can just make out? Or did she want to somewhere else and... James was a boy but the thought of sex made him nervous. And with a cheerleader! James knew what she was asking on the surface but what was she trying to get at? James jabbered, looking around the car for, well, an answer.

"D...Do you mean move to a new place entirely?" James said, bitting his lip. "Because th bseats move down. And the back... the back folds down. completely.. that would be more comfortable right?"

He had a sneaking suspicion that this wasn't what Thea meant.

Return to “Post-Prom”