Strike

Boasting 16 bowling lanes and blue-ribbon eating, All-Star Bowling just recently opened its doors in town, making it one of the new local hotspots. Friday and Saturday nights include live performances from many local bands, and Mr. Swanson, the company CEO, is always standing behind the counter eagerly awaiting new customers with a jolly smile.
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

"Yay for awkwardness."

"Everyone loves awkwardness!" Courtney said, reaching over and taking a ball from the return, still sat down.

"Err, Courtney? Can I ask you something? It's about... Well, prom."

"Er... Go ahead." Courtney said, scratching her scalp. "Ask away."

Courtney laughed weakly, half knowing what the question would be.

"Umm... Well, I was wondering, well since we don't have partners and all which you said in the library, I was wondering if, you could, ya know, go with me to prom?"

Courtney gave it a few seconds thought.

Well, it's not like you have anyone else to go with, is it?

"Well..." Courtney said, slightly nervous herself. "Okay."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Badb.
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

She said OK? OK means yes, right?
Looks like you got your date, mate.

Grinning from ear to ear, he picked up the ball from the return. "Perfect! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it."

Practically floating, he got back up into the lane, pulling his arm back and swishing it forward.

Strike!

((Ben Powell continued at Just Another Night))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

"Alright, I'm off now."

Courtney waved goodbye to Ben and sat down on a nearby bench, taking the bowling shoes off and walking to the counter, smiling at the man behind it. He handed her back her trainers, and she sat down on the low wall seperating the lanes from the entrance to the alley.

She put her shoes back on and stood up. As she began walking, Courtney patted her tracksuit trousers down, checking if her phone was still there and took it out of her pocket.

Courtney thumbed the keypad, flicking down to her dad's number as she walked out of the bowling alley, taking one last glance at the stuffed elephant as she walked out.

That thing is still mocking me!

Dialling the number, Courtney put the phone up to her ear as she pushed open the door and walked out the building. It was a cold evening, and getting dark, and for once Courtney didn't feel like walking home.

"Hey, Dad, can you pick me up?"

((Courtney Bradley, Continued in The Ghetto Lounge))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Badb.

Return to “All-Star Bowling”