Mix and Matching

If it has a spot or tear it's 10% off!

The top level of the Promenade is where all the large chain department stores seem to duke it out. It's home to Sears, JCPenney, Bloomingdale's, and Macy's, among others. Also on the top floor of the mall can be found many of the nicer restaurants.
chibinanashi†

Mix and Matching

Post by chibinanashi† »

((Continued from Shy First Steps))

Once they were up on the third level, Raine was completely lost to the many department stores. Each one had a different sale and different clothing styles. She still had no idea what particular look she should go for. Raine turned to Ridley and frowned.

"There's so many...Do you recommend any of them? Usually my stepmom would just drag me around." Raine admitted her inaptitude with shopping.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler chibinanashi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KingKamor†

Post by KingKamor† »

((Continued from Shy First Steps))

Ridley, himself, was a little taken aback at how many brand name stores there were on the third floor. I guess that they make their brand name shoppers work to get to their stores, he mused to himself.

"I guess that if you just want normal stuff, then we should go to... JCPenny, I guess. My mom and sister used to drag me there all the time when I was little. Not so much anymore, but yeah." He didn't seem to notice that he was still holding her hand.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler KingKamor. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
chibinanashi†

Post by chibinanashi† »

"Then JCPenny it is!" Raine said cheerfully, moving on ahead before noticing that she was still clasping onto his hand. She looked down at it and then to him. "Umm...Thank you for holding my hand." Raine said softly with a dim blush. Today must be a record number for them. "If you hadn't, I might have been lost in the crowded sea of shoppers."

She didn't make a move though to take her hand back. If he still wanted to hold it, Raine had no problems with that at all. It was warm feeling knowing that another human being wanted to be close to you too.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler chibinanashi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
KingKamor†

Post by KingKamor† »

He smiled once again at her cheerfulness at the thought of shopping. Since he was a guy, he really didn't understand the appeal of wasting so much money, especially in such hard economic times. Perhaps most women simply don't like to have savings accounts? He shook his head at the thought with a chuckle.

"Oh, yeah, no problem. But stop exagurating, you could've gotten through just fine without me." Still holding her hand, he walked past her towards the store, squeezing her fingers a little.

"Now come on, don't you have stuff to buy?" He smirked, hoping that she would follow soon.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler KingKamor. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
chibinanashi†

Post by chibinanashi† »

Raine felt her heart skip a beat when Ridley squeezed her fingers gently. Heat rose to her face as she followed him into the store giddily. Spotting the women's section, Raine led the way over to it.

"Ridley...is there anything you like a girl to wear in particular?" Raine asked him though she was soon kicking herself in the butt mentally for asking it. It sounded so stupid. However, she wanted Ridley to feel like he was the luckiest guy in the world so what was the harm in asking?
KingKamor†

Post by KingKamor† »

"That's the first time anyone's really asked me that, actually." He said as he scratched his head. "Not that you need to wear anything I choose for you, but I like it when a girl just ears a simple t-shirt and baggy pants. I'm not very choosy. But it does make me feel important if a girl dresses herself up nice for me, you know?"

Damn, this is starting to feel like a usual outing with everyone else. He thought, though he wasn't sure whether that was a good thing or not. "Anyway, I'm sure that your fashion sense is better than mine, so you probably shouldn't ask for my help on this kinda stuff in the first place." He laughed a little.
chibinanashi†

Post by chibinanashi† »

"Er...I guess you're right." Raine said, her shoulders slumped a little. Ridley's body language said it all. Something wasn't quite right for this first date. She gazed over to the racks and looked back over to him. "Ridley." She spoke his name without using the usual herr attatched to it. "Are you all right?"

In her arms, she held a dress that was a little short. It was a soft green and looked like it would show off some cleavage and showed off bare shoulders. Though the look on her face expressed worry for him.
KingKamor†

Post by KingKamor† »

"Hm? Yeah, I'm okay... Well, first dates are always always awkward, and I'm particularly susceptible to awkwardness, so just don't mind me if I look uncomfortable or anything. It's probably nothing." That came out a little oddly, but he kept up his stride and continued. "Besides, I'm more worried about you. You seem to be forcing yourself a whole lot." He took a deep breath, as if collecting his thoughts, then said a with a smile, "I think that we both just need to relax a little more, have fun, and do you want to go to prom with me?"
chibinanashi†

Post by chibinanashi† »

Raine looked a little surprise at what Ridley was saying. She stood there and listened. "...I guess you're right. Does it really look like I'm forcing myself? I'm really enjoying this date and....E-Excuse me? Th-The Prom!?"

Her eyes widened and she looked stunned. "I...I didn't think I'd ever get a date for the prom. Ridley...thank you! Of course I'd go with you!" Raine took a few steps over to him and wrapped her arms around Ridley with a huge smile. She didn't seem to remember they were of course in public.
KingKamor†

Post by KingKamor† »

"Okay, then!" He said in surprise as she hugged him. Once he took a look around to see that hardly anybody was in their area of the store at the time, he wrapped his arms around her, as well, and squeezed her tightly against him.

"Wait a sec, you asked me out and didn't expect me to take you to prom? That's just be stupid of me!" He laughed at the thought. "Anyway, awesome! Now let's get you some damn clothes already."
chibinanashi†

Post by chibinanashi† »

Raine glanced up at him as he squeezed her tightly against him. She felt warm in his arms and quite frankly wanted to forget about the clothes and just stay right there. But, since they were at the brand name stores with prom on the mind, perhaps this would be the time to pick out her dress?

"Yea...I guess I was just happy with the idea that I would be your girlfriend." Raine said quietly, resting her cheek against his chest. "But...concerning the prom, we might as well pick up a dress right?"
KingKamor†

Post by KingKamor† »

He didn't mind their continued hugging at all, and continued to hold her, though more softly. "Do they even have prom dresses here? 'Cause I wouldn't know."

He remembered his sister having to go to some sort of tailor so that she could get her dress just right. Then again, Raine was hardly the perfectionist materialist that his sister was. "Anyway, if we're gonna shop for a dress for you, shouldn't we have a bit more money on hand?
chibinanashi†

Post by chibinanashi† »

"Actually...I...I have enough." Raine admitted a little sadly. "You see, my father doesn't really spend most of his time on me so he just throws his money at me. Just so he knows I don't need to talk to him or ask any favors."

Shaking her head, Raine tried to dismiss the conversation. "He'll probably not care what time you bring me home. But, yes, I do have the funds." Raine tried to smile. gazing back up at him. "You have a favorite color?"
KingKamor†

Post by KingKamor† »

At the sound of unkind parenting, Ridley could only make a sympathetic face and say, "Yeesh, sorry to hear that..." He honestly was incapable of relating to people who had difficult families. His own family was nothing short of saintly towards each other whenever there wasn't a crisis of some kind, so all he really had to go by were what he had seen in movies.

Thankful that Raine had changed the subject, Ridley said, "I don't really have a favorite color, but I'd say that either blue or yellow are my favorite colors... Wait, you aren't asking me to choose for you, are you?"
chibinanashi†

Post by chibinanashi† »

"Naw...You don't need to choose for me. It just so happens I was thinking of blue too. Perhaps a soft pastel blue..." Raine smiled, placing a finger on her bottom lip again, thoughtful. She then looked over at an elderly couple walking by and realized she was still in Ridley's arms.

The old woman seemed to point over to them and murmmur something to her husband as if nodding in approval. She could her the woman say something like "Teenagers....lovey dovey." before walking by.

Raine blushed deeply and looked back up at Ridley. "You know...You're quite the awesome guy." She said to him with a smile.

Return to “Level Three”