A Walk to Forget

Open to anyone

Lined with dumpsters the various stores dispose of their trash in, there isn't much to see in the back alley behind the mall. The occasional employee slips back here to indulge themselves in a cigarette one in a while, and the occasional band of "emo" kids who think they're too cool for the mall but hang out there anyway seem to find a home in this dirty little haven.
Sunnybunny

Post by Sunnybunny »

This was one point that Scott could totally argee with Laverne and Everett on. He was ready to get out of St. Paul, and to do it as fast as humanly possible. The college he was going to was actually still in the city, but some things couldn't be helped. The most important thing was getting out of his folk's house though. Once that happened, everything else would be be smooth sailing.

True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain,
Begot of nothing but vain fantasy,
Which is as thin of substance as the air
And more inconstant than the wind, who wooes
Even now the frozen bosom of the north,
And, being anger'd, puffs away from thence,
Turning his face to the dew-dropping south.

Is this seriously happing right now? I really need to hurry up and finish this paper, before I start quoting this shit. Heh, maybe I should have joined the drama team.

He was barely making good enough grades to get into community college. If worst came to worst, he might have to give the freshman a refund so he had time to study for his test. The thought or doing all the reading for nothing made him sick. He was not giving any money back. He was just going to have to suck it up and do the work.

Star-crossed lovers. That's a damn good idea for a painting or something. Maybe I'll try charcoals this time. And these two will be my Romeo and Juliet. I guess inspiration can hit you from anywhere.

"Yeah, Everett, you're a little young to be bitter. We'll have plenty of time for regrets when we get old. Well, I've got some work to do, so I'll see you two at . . . well . . . around I guess."

He waved to them and jogged out of the alley. He had things to do, and not much time to do it. But hell, he had his spark back. That was all that really mattered.

((Scott McGregor continued elsewhere))
VII
G071 - Sakurako Adina Jackson - i'll be ready every day / for as long as i can say / here I am in the future with my friends

VIII
Dancing Shoes
Bare Knuckles
Wild Horses
TheLeakyFaucet†

Post by TheLeakyFaucet† »

Laverne watched as Scott jogged down the alley and out of sight. And with the sight of him running, something was triggered in her mind and she remembered exactly why she'd come into the alley in the first place. She was running too. Not just running, but working out to better herself. By stopping, she'd let her doctors down, her parents down, and most importantly, she'd let herself down. Her heartburn was gone now. It was time to get her head out of the clouds and get things back on track. Just the way they should be...

"I better get going soon too", Laverne said quickly to Everett. "My parents are going to wonder where I am. I never finish my jog this late and I wasted a lot of time out here. I'll see you around school, okay?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler TheLeakyFaucet. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Scott headed off again, and Laverne indicated that it was time for her to leave, too. That was alright with Everett; it was getting a bit hot in the alley, and he didn't exactly have mountains of free time either.

"Sorry to hold you up," he said to Laverne with a smile, "I hope you enjoy your jog. I'll see you around!"

He turned and continued down the alleyway, out of the mall, and to where the car was parked, then drove away with his new shirts.

((Everett Taylor continued in Simply Studying))
TheLeakyFaucet†

Post by TheLeakyFaucet† »

Everett left. Laverne watched as he turned the corner and vanished with that shopping bag of his swaying in the breeze. It was getting pretty hot in the alley. And the fact that she had just jogged around St.Paul only made it worse. But the routine had to be continued. The morning jog had been programmed into her mind. It was something that had been started, and now it needed to be finished. No more pit-stops. Get back on the road...

Laverne sucked in her breathe and somehow found the strength to start running again.

((Laverne Falciander continued in An after school meeting]))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler TheLeakyFaucet. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Back Alley”