Don't go breaking my heart...

...I couldn't if I tried... (G019 start)

Passing through the large iron gates of the surrounding wall, the students find what used to be a magnificent mansion. While the majority of the building is still intact, there is a large chunk of roof as well as several walls missing in the westernmost part of the house where the master bedroom was located. The rest of the mansion is structurally intact, however anything of immediate value has been taken, leaving only minimal furnishings such as beds, tables, couches and the like.
Gwbiii†

Post by Gwbiii† »

After working out what had just happened Mia came to the conclusion that that had been... undignified. It was also painful. Her leg was going to be covered in plum coloured patches soon enough, which would have been more of an issue if she hadn't been wearing stockings to match.

It still hurt though. For now she'd just lie on her back and blink away the pain. One of those inside might pester her now, sure, but that was inescapable. She wasn't in any danger and her annoyance threshhold had been more than surpassed already.

Sure enough, someone was approaching from behind her. And it was talking to her. Splendid. She recognised Hermione Granger from her voice quickly enough, they'd only shared the same drama classes for the past few years; but the sight of her exposed shins and no doubt incredibly fashionable knee length, empire waisted, cantaloupe coloured dress reinforced her recognition.

She sighed. At least the girl was quiet. "Hello Hermione, thank you I'm fine." She sat up, tenderly pulling her leg up and out of the hole. She begrudgingly accepted Hermione's hand as the girl leaned in to whisper to her. She'd imparted a snippet of information. Perhaps she wasn't completely useless after all.

Then again, the tidbit was pretty hilarious. "Hahaha, Rashid Hassan?" Of course it was those two, it wasn't as if there were that many muslims in the school. The idea of either Rashid or Harun being dangerous was laughable though. As soon as she was upright again she put either hand on Hermione's shoulders, looking into her eyes in a deadly serious manner. "Hermione, the Moor is of a free and open nature. Rashid is about as threatening as asses are."

She limped a few steps before making peace with the slight pain, stepping carefully over to the door frame with Hermione. "Hello good sirs!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Gwbiiii.
selphie_trabia†

Post by selphie_trabia† »

"What's a..." Hermione began, trying to make sense of the words that Mia had used.

She'd barely passed English literature and Mia had already pushed past her and into the dining room. Hermione frowned as she tried to puzzle out what Mia said. A moor was a big field of tumbleweeds and and something about Rashid being as scary as a donkey. Hermione supposed that a moor would be free and open, but she wasn't sure what Mia meant with her second statement, or if the entire sentence had anything at all to do with the situation at hand. Maybe Mia had hit her head a little harder than she thought she did.

Hermione stood at the doorframe and watched the three others, quietly assessing the situation. It seemed that both the boys didn't particularly like spiders and that they were fast forming some sort of alliance. She wasn't sure what sort of position she'd have in such an alliance and she didn't know what sort of weapon Mia had. To be honest, she wasn't sure if she could trust any of the three kids. She barely knew them. Mia had greeted them with enthusiasm, though, so she could only assume that the three were close friends.

Without another word, Hermione turned and walked down the hallway with her bags in tow, carefully stepping over the hole in the rotten woodwork. She wasn't the most stealthy of people, but she hoped that they wouldn't notice her leaving them.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler selphie_trabia. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

((EDIT: Woot. 100 posts.))

Harun was relieved to see that he wasn't the only one unnerved by the spider, as Rashid scrambled to move himself and his pills and papers away from that unnerving spider too. He didn't want to appear to be the only one still worried by such mundane things like spiders in a situation as extreme as the one they were currently in. After the spider issue had been revolved, the reply from Rashid to Harun's proposal came. "Uh...sure, okay."

"We could probably stun somebody with these...If there any after cleaning the water." Harun allowed himself to grin at that. Even if they were something like cyanide pills (which would have been, quite obviously, useless for survival, unlike the iodine pills which meant that running low on water was no longer as significant a threat), they would have had very limited use in a combat situation. "Don't worry Rashid, we won't be needing those pills to hurt people. I've got a decent weapon, I can do the fighting."

Wait.

What?

Did Harun Kemal, nerd, weakling and no stranger to (somewhat justifiably at times, Harun had to begrudgingly admit) being called a crybaby and a pussy, just offer to do all the fighting that needed to be done? Well, he did have a fairly decent weapon, but still, he weren't mentally or physically built for fighting and killing. He had no idea how he was coping with the more peaceful aspect of live on the island, actual fighting would be more than enough to set him off.

Before Harun could make sense of what had come out of his mouth, Mia Kuiper came into the room. Thankfully, she didn't appear injured, and judging by her friendly greeting, she didn't believe they were a threat. Still, Mia wasn't the sort of person who sprung to mind as someone to trust in these sort of situations, and he subtly tightened his grip on his weapon. "Hey, Mia." He gave her a polite nod, and sat back down in his chair.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

"Don't worry Rashid, we won't be needing those pills to hurt people. I've got a decent weapon, I can do the fighting."

"Oh...thanks," he replied, bending over to pick up his duffel bag. The spider had already skittered away, allowing him to plop it on the table so he could crudely stuff everything he had scooped with his other arm back inside. He didn't take a seat though, his chair had been knocked over and he was more concerned with getting out than sitting back down.

The irony was that Rashid probably had more 'combat' experience than Harun at this point, weapons aside. There were more than a few times where he'd been sent to detention and even suspended when provoked into violence with racial epithets. And having that fact dawn on him for the first time on the island, where he could not only be provoked into and then killed in fights by people with better weapons, did little to raise his spirits.

And for that matter...what was Harun's weapon that was better than his anyway? At least Harun wasn't the bullying type, but the fact that he made that offer in the first place meant that it had to be something pretty nifty if he was hiding it. Come to think about it he hadn't gotten a good look at what Harun had been carrying in his hands, but it looked like either a gun or a knife. Either way, the one thing that whoever had stuck them all in this game were very good at was acquiring working versions of these things.

Not that Rashid could ask what it was, as Mia Kuiper then entered the room.

"Hello good sirs!"

"Mmmiss Mia, charmed to make your acquaintance," Rashid muttered, his inadvertent-slow-creepy-butler persona still lingering as he got a better view of the girl he now remembered as Little Miss Shakespeare. Both of his hands were still in his duffel bag rearranging the things inside as he turned to view her, almost in a manner like he was reaching into a recently-killed small animal.

Whether he outwardly accepted it or not, the fact that someone he figured he could generally trust had a weapon he could defend the two of them with actually did help his confidence, much more than his bedside manner.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Gwbiii†

Post by Gwbiii† »

Or without Hermione...

The loudly dressed girl had started absconding down the hallway even as the two boys had greeted her so politely. She supposed it was a shame she wouldn't join them. Not that she could think of terribly many reasons why that was the case. Oh well.

"Auf Wiedersehen Granger!" Mia called after her, before quickly turning her attention back to the boys. It seemed she had them to herself then. How pleasant

She took a few steps and pulled out a chair next to Mr. Kemal, fixing her skirt and giving the boy a friendly if slightly awkward smile. She dropped her bags by the side of the chair and made herself comfortable next to the boy.

As much as she loved reading by herself, listening to music by herself and generally being by herself, Mia had to admit she preferred company when she ate. It had long been a family tradition, ever since she was little Emily and her would... Emily and her would sit up at the table and see their dad for the last time until dinner each weekday...

"I heard mention of breakfast, shall we break some bread?"

She leaned to her side, retrieving a loaf of bread and a water bottle from her day pack. To be perfectly honest, she was quite famished, and though jam and such would have been nice she was content with the simple meal she was about to partake in.

"I suppose fairness dictates we should all have some of our own, but I wouldn't mind if you'd prefer to share in some of mine." She wasn't sure what had come over her, but somehow it seemed right to offer.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Gwbiiii.
Chib†

Post by Chib† »

[A Light In The Dark --> Logan]

The thick steel swung open without much fuss. The hinges on the door down to the mountain's depths probably hadn't seen oil in months, if not years, but the door itself was balanced well enough that it didn't require much extra effort despite it's considerable weight. Logan was about to come across a much more difficult obstacle seen enough, though. With sunlight flooding through a large gap, he'd been under the illusion the way would be clear, after the door. Dead wrong. As soon as he'd turned off his flashlight and replaced it in his daypack, he lifted his head to come face-to-face with a dense wall of overgrown foliage, clearly cultivated to cover over the door, but left long enough to grow to absurd propotions.

"Alright, guess this comes in handy sooner rather than later." was all Logan had to say on the matter, before setting to work hacking branch and briar out of his way with the aid of his hakapik. Good for killing baby seals and clearing plant-based barriers; who knew?

In time, he'd cleared enough of a gap to crouch through without much difficulty, and volunteered "I'll go first, and if anything happens... well, you have cover and a firearm.". Luckily for Logan, no resistance was forthcoming, all that stood before him was a rather derelict mansion. The majority of it was in good repair, save for the obvious signs of neglect, but a massive chunk was missing from one side, as though a meteor had struck straight through it. What had actually happened, the boy had no idea, and he didn't care to guess - if someone in possession of that kind of destructive power were still on the island, not good.

So instead, the intrepid young hunter beckoned for Daisuke to follow him, and made for the nearest entrance - a french window leading into the salubrious residence's dining room. Sure it made him an easy target if anyone was in there, but would anyone considering playing Danya's game decide to hole up in so open a space either? Well, unless they were trying to look innocent to draw people in... the levels of plot and counter-plot that could be involved made Logan's head spin, not at all helped by the lack of oxygen moments before. So he disregarded the instinctive caution, and made for the doors.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chib. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
selphie_trabia†

Hermione gave Mia a wave goodbye and stepped around the corridor. Auf Widersehen was a phrase she'd recognised as the "goodbye" that Heidi Klum gave to all her designers at the end of each Project Runway.

The door to the mansion was already opened. Hermione squinted a little as she stepped out into the bright sunshine outside of the darkened mansion, feeling the grass under her feet.

"Ugh."

She squirmed uncomfortably, thinking about the millions of creepy crawlies that could be hiding in the overgrown garden. For a moment or two, she considered going back into the mansion, just so she could wear her shoes again... but she'd only worn high heels on the trip and wasn't sure if either of her bags contained her spare pair of low-heeled boots.

The silver boots didn't match her cantaloupe top anyway. She heard she was on TV and she wasn't about to make THAT fashion faux pax. Then again, it was probably better than suffering from some disease borne from one of those icky creatures she watched on TV once. To Hermione, it was a dilemma of epic proportions.

Just then, she heard rustling in the undergrowth. She turned to look at the source and spotted a figure standing outside the french windows to the dining room. The sun shone in her eyes, making the person difficult to make out, but she could see the silhouette of a pickaxe strapped to its back. The figure was opening the doors to the room. Hermione ducked back into the doorway, watching carefully. Whoever it was, she hoped he hadn't spotted her.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler selphie_trabia. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

After yelling out a goodbye to Hermione (was Hermione going already? Well, not much he could do about that, Harun thought, he didn't even know her that well, though the fact she only had an oven and two loaves of bread to defend herself worried him slightly), Mia pulled up a chair next to Harun and sat down, giving him a kind if somewhat awkward smile. Harun gave her a quick smile in return (that somehow was even more awkward than her smile), before going back to staring intently at the floor, repeatedly biting his lower lip.

Then the subject turned to the matter of eating. "Eh, no thanks", he mumbled, trying to politely refuse Mia's offer of bread, "I don't really feel like eating." He didn't feel like eating any of his snacks, didn't feel like getting that soup out and didn't feel like explaining his gluten intolerance to anyone in the room. And he didn't feel that hungry, he just felt a bit queasy. "Actually, I think I'll go outside for a bit." Harun sat up from the chair, pushing it under the table. "I need to stretch my legs." Harun wanted to get some fresh air, see the sunlight for the first time in hours and also be alone with his thoughts for a bit right at that moment, having a social meal weren't exactly on his list of priorities.

Then again, what if Mia or Rashid turned on the other one without him in the room (well, he was more worried about Mia attacking Rashid, particularly as he knew Rashid and he knew he only had some iodine pills)? Or if they both left him?

No, no, Harun told himself, you're just being paranoid.

"Yeah, just call me back in if anything goes wrong", he said, as he turned into the corridor.
Lawther†

Post by Lawther† »

[[Daisuke Nagazawa continued from A Light In The Dark]]

"Seriously? fucking plants." That was all Daisuke had to say on the matter as their exit lead to an overgrown field filled with briers, bushes, and weeds. At least Logan's hakapik thinggy was making short work of most of it. Whatever little bits that were left of overgrowth that tried to scrape him were brushed aside by his Army surplus camouflage jacket.

It wasn't long before the pair's path took them straight to a dilapidated looking mansion. What an eyesore. Considering that there wasn't really much else in the area, Logan seemed particularly intent on going inside.

"I'll go first, and if anything happens... well, you have cover and a firearm." He said as he made his way towards a French window. "Roger that." Daisuke replied, upholstering his gun from the inside of his jacket.

Not having much reference with actually using a gun, he held it like the cops usually did on TV shows; both hands on the grip, arms practically straight out. It felt awkward, but felt less stupid that trying to hold it gangsta style, so he kept the stance as he followed Logan to the window. His eyes darted back and forth as he listened for the slightest sound of footsteps or speech. A breeze rustled a bush nearby, causing Daisuke to snap to attention and quickly turn to face it. He wasn't about to let anyone catch him off guard.

Suddenly, a flash of movement caught Daisuke's eye as a shadow darted into another doorway. "Careful Logan, I think we're not alone here." he said in a low voice, not wanting to give away their position. "Someone might be watching us."

I really hope we're not just walking into a trap right now. Daisuke thought to himself, keeping his eyes locked on the area he thought he saw movement as Logan made his way in the mansion. He hoped there would be no trouble this early on in the game. It would be terrible luck to run into a player before they were prepared.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Lawther. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

Hermione had apparently taken the opportunity to leave them behind when Mia and Harun came back. All the same, she seemed to not want to be around him anyway. Still, three was better than one in this case, and for now, he was in the presence of people that wouldn't immediately kill him.

"I heard mention of breakfast, shall we break some bread? I suppose fairness dictates we should all have some of our own, but I wouldn't mind if you'd prefer to share in some of mine."
"Eh, no thanks, I don't really feel like eating,"
Harun replied. Rashid had heard that Harun was gluten-intolerant, though he would have been a lot more comfortable with that had Rashid also not known that he was currently in the killing game like everyone else he knew from school. "Actually, I think I'll go outside for a bit...I need to stretch my legs."

"Sure, enjoy your walk, friend..." Rashid replied, a hint of fear tinging his voice.
"Yeah, just call me back in if anything goes wrong..."

He watched until Harun disappeared into the corridors heading out...then watched the corridors for a few seconds before shaking his head. He's just going for a walk, right? He'll be back soon. Besides which, it's not like Mia here is going to seduce me then stab me in a back while reciting a monologue from Hamlet or something, right?

RIGHT?

"I suppose now it's just the two of us," Rashid said, his voice turning into a gentlemanly monotone as he pulled out his ration sack from the duffel bag, "All the more intimacy to be shared..." He tried to smile, trying to make the most of whatever fleeting sense of safety had been granted to him. He probably didn't notice his smile resembled that of a serial killer as he fiddled inside for the saltine crackers that had also been given as rations...but then again, this sense of safety seemed to make him oblivious to a number of things.

Although he was forcing himself to be polite, he still wasn't paying attention to the fact that his tone of speech had grown more haunting. Nor, until a shadow darted across the table and he could hear something being opened behind him, did he notice that someone was outside, trying to get into the dining room.

"Son of a- !" Rashid shouted as the sight of a silhouette in the windows right behind him made him stumble back into the table, thus resulting in his expletive being cut off. His complacency had shattered like the fine platters that the residents once dined from. He reached back into his bag, fumbling for the pills with one hand while staring at the figure climbing in through the windows. Because the sun was still shining in his general direction, he couldn't immediately make out the identity of whoever had decided to crash their breakfast party. Just the fact that whoever was climbing in was in possession of something sharp and painful.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Gwbiii†

Post by Gwbiii† »

Harun had left in a hurry, just as she was tearing the first chunk from the loaf of bread. It seemed her company was diminishing quickly.

She took a bite from the chunk in her hands, Rashid hadn't sat down yet, and common courtesy would have required her to wait, but she really was insufferably hungry. She looked from her daily bread, up to Rashid with his... slightly unnerving smile. Was he nervous? About her presence? It seemed a strange thought, and yet, here they were in a room together, no-one else around, making polite small-talk as once befitted the mansion in which they resided. His voice had changed too. She thought it was interesting, how different people could be when they weren't surrounded by their friends, finally had the option to change their role instead of living up to what was expected of them. His tone was a bit off, but that was okay, he was making an effort, and in difficult circumstances.

'Tis a common proof,
That lowliness is young ambition's ladder,
Whereto the climber-upward turns his face;
But when he once attains the upmost round,
He then unto the ladder turns his back,
Looks in the clouds, scorning the base degrees
By which he did ascend.

She'd been there once too, a long time ago. She was just glad someone hadn't run away from her that morning. And that that someone seemed willing to learn.

"So, might I ask how y-"
"SON OF A-!"

There goes that.

She could feel her chest tighten, as much from Rashid's panicked cry as the new possibility of risk, but quickly thought it down. It was probably just someone innocently wanting entry, and the thought of some more company still appealed to her. Then again it could be someone being very, very silly. There was an easy way to put an end to that though.

She called out in a sing-song voice, "Mind your step, we could be armed!"

It wasn't not true.
Chib†

Post by Chib† »

From the sound of things, Logan was spotted. Sort of to be expected, when he'd brazenly walked straight up to the mansion without a thought for stealth; if he were caught sneaking around, believing he wasn't dangerous would be difficult for the people inside. So, with his only remaining refuge being in sheer casual audacity, the lanky young man strolled right up to the windowed door, and yanked on the handle.

No luck. A quick look told Logan it was probably locked by one of those indoor twisty-latch things. He wasn't sure what they were called. Either way, someone inside would have to undo it if he was to get in that way. He could always make the trek over to the massive hole in the wall if need be, but using the door seemed so much more... civilised. So with a polite knock on the glass, Logan waved towards the people seated within. He didn't recognise them, but they seemed friendly-looking, given that they were sitting around, rather than trying to murder each other.

After a probably ineffectual "Would you mind letting me in?", presumably inaudible inside, just as what Mia had said was incomprehensible to him, Logan turned to Daisuke with a call of "They look friendly enough, come on up... but keep watching our backs, yeah?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Chib. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
selphie_trabia†

Hermione listened as the person with the pickaxe called out to another person hidden somewhere. She didn't recognise the voice, but she knew that it was definitely male.

Hermione really wasn't sure what to do right now. She glanced into the corridor to her right. It seemed that there was a lot more mansion to explore. Hermione stood at the doorway, torn between her wish to warn those in the dining room and...-

She heard Rashid curse loudly. It looked like he'd discovered the pickaxe carrying boy. Hermione shivered, frightened for a moment. Then, she turned and very carefully walked back into the house, keeping her back to the wall and avoiding the corridor that led to the dining room. She'd find another room to hole up in. It would probably keep her safe for a while.

Maybe she could find a back door to the building and escape that way.
General Goose

Post by General Goose »

((Sorry for shortness, had to rush this post.))

As Harun left the dining room and turned into the corridor, he rested his forehead on the wall just out of sight of Mia and Rashid, clenching his eyes shut to try and stop the tears that he needed to cry from coming out, blocking out any talking he heard, a look of frustration and anguish on his face. Now he was on his own and he didn't have his immediate survival to think about, Harun's thoughts turned to the memories of how he got here, something he'd been trying in vain to avoid thinking about. He was just on the bus, staring blankly out of the window with iPod earplugs in his ears and music playing (if he remembered correctly, the last song he heard was a Pink Floyd one), then he suddenly fell asleep, without explanation. Then he woke up, his teachers were murdered in front of his eyes (they were actually killed, this wasn't some joke), then that clip (which was all the more harrowing to watch when you knew it was real and going to happen to you), then...

However, his thoughts were interrupted by a yell from Rashid, followed by a threat from Mia. Something was going on. Was someone playing this early or was it just an innocent intruder? Running back into the dining room, with his sword in his hand at the ready, he instinctively asked Mia and Rashid "What the hell is going on? What's wrong?" He glanced around to try and spot what the disturbance was, eventually spotting a silhouette through one of the room's windows (probably a fellow student, but Harun wasn't sure, his head was too fuzzy and the room was too dark for him to immediately work out the identity of the intruder), and shouted in as loud a voice as he could muster "Who's there?" It sounded a lot more shaky and scared than he'd intended.
Lawther†

Post by Lawther† »

"They look friendly enough, come on up... but keep watching our backs, yeah?"

Yeah, friendly enough until one of them tries to chop our heads clean off. Daisuke thought to himself. He would have preferred to have avoided contact with others for the time being. With so many unknowns in the area, it would be hard to discern who was playing and who was just trying to survive.

"A'ight, I gotcha." He called back to his... partner... teammate? He was still having trouble settling on what to call Logan. They weren't really friends, per say. Daisuke didn't really have 'friends' these days; not in St. Paul, and certainly not any more in SF. So what did that make him and Logan? Were they just two guys that happened to have similar objectives? Be that as it may, Daisuke trusted Logan far more than anyone else on the island right now. It was a trust that he certainly hoped was not misplaced.

Daisuke watched as the shadow in the doorway slowly slunk away, probably going off to warn the others of an intrusion. However, before he could tell Logan, Daisuke heard someone inside try to catch their attention.

"Who's there?" A scared voice called out from within the house. Daisuke assumed that the voice was intended for him and Logan; the duo that currently looked like they were trying to break into the house like thieves in the night. Did they know that Daisuke was outside as well?

"Dude, they sound scared shitless in there." Daisuke called out quietly to Logan. "I really don't think we're very welcome in there man. Be careful."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Lawther. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Mansion”