The Moment of Truth

Open

Those that are able to make it through the mud, wet, and cold found in the swamp can find hope at the key. In the distance, a sailboat can be seen at the coast line. However as students move closer across the coarse sand they will find their hope to have been short-lived as unfortunately, the boat in question is merely a shipwreck amongst a small reef in the shallow water.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

((Now Yossarian's gone too... D: ))

"I'm with you then, we all want to get off this Hell of an island... And if I find my idiot brother in the process, then that's just all the better for me. Right Cisco?"

Her smile. God, she was like an angel. Or just a really good trainer. Maybe it was because that smile made the offer seem a lot less like a hastened death than a chance to redeem himself for his transgressions against the Reaper. But one thing Cisco could definitely wrap his mind around was the fact that it made him feel a little less tense. It made him feel calm, helping with the way she seemed to pet him.

"Yeah...uh...let's do this..." he murmured.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

((Ugh, sorry for the terrible delay.))

Mike nodded with amusement, as he heard the girl agreeing to accompany him, as well as Cisco's murmur of approval. He always avoided being a leader, feeling that he wouldn't be competent enough to make the right action at the right time, whether it was a football game, an important project at school, or a fight for everyone's life. In fact, seeing his previous group falling apart thanks to his lack of care about others proved that already. But despite all of this... Damn it's such a good feeling, when people agree with your ideas.

"Great. So..."

What should be the next step? They should definitely move on, and they even knew their next location, but they still had to find the optimal route to be at the cell phone tower as quickly as possible, while avoiding danger at all costs. Mike took out the compass and map out of his daypack and studied it carefully.

"Whoa boy, it ain't gonna be pretty. We have to go south-east, through the entire swamp, and then through the woods... Which are apparently a danger zone right now." Mike sighed as he examined the map. "Well, I guess we better get going. It's getting late. Let's hope the woods will be safe, as we'll come across them. Otherwise, we'll have to make a detour, and lose even more time."

After taking another two sips of the water, Mike hid everything except from compass in his pack, and started marching through the swamp. There was no time to lose. Over 100 students died already, and the Pole had only one, weak clue. At this rate, he would never make it before the end of the game.

"Try not to lose eye contact with each other, and if you do - scream. We don't want to get separated along the way..."

Again...

((Mike Maszer continued in Aching Chest and Blurry Sight))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Limisios†

Post by Limisios† »

((I'm not sure exactly how to do this without Sunny so I'll just do my best to get Josée out the thread.))

Josée was pretty satisfied with the way things were going, it was a great relief that she had finally found OC and the faster she got off the island the better. And find Remy too, that would probably be good too.

"Whoa boy, it ain't gonna be pretty. We have to go south-east, through the entire swamp, and then through the woods... Which are apparently a danger zone right now."

"So we've got a lot of ground to cover. I don't mind, perhaps I'll find my idiot brother on the way." Josée replied, ready to get moving. "We'll both need to keep a look out for him Cisco, so keep your eye's peeled. I want to find him before he gets himself hurt." Josée remembered the events that had occurred earlier and felt a very slight quiver of embarrassment. "But if he takes another shot at you, just scream for me, I'll take care of the twit."

"Well, I guess we better get going. It's getting late. Let's hope the woods will be safe, as we'll come across them. Otherwise, we'll have to make a detour, and lose even more time."

Josée began to follow the new leader. Not that she enjoyed being lead, but being a self-appointed second in command felt almost as good to Josée. She clutched her Blackjack to her side and kept a look out for Remy, or anyone else who might try to kill them.

"Try not to lose eye contact with each other, and if you do - scream. We don't want to get separated along the way..."

Josée didn't like the idea of screaming, but she knew that they wouldn't get lost, who would be stupid enough to run off on your own on an island where everyone's trying to kill you? Even so Josée hoped that she'd find Remy soon, Mum would never forgive her if she let her own brother die. If she got off the island... But of course she would, if she followed the plan, she and Remy and Cisco and every other survivor will be home in no time.

((Josée Trembley continued in Aching Chest and Blurry Sight.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Limisios. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

"Whoa boy, it ain't gonna be pretty. We have to go south-east, through the entire swamp, and then through the woods... Which are apparently a danger zone right now....Well, I guess we better get going. It's getting late. Let's hope the woods will be safe, as we'll come across them. Otherwise, we'll have to make a detour, and lose even more time."

Cisco looked back into the woods again, swiftly becoming a near-pitch-black vortex that no Hollywood glampire movie could save. No, this was the kind of near-pitch-black more reminiscent of those snuff flicks that people circulated around the internet. The same kind of flicks that whoever dropped them here would then circulate for amusement or profit, and goddamn if Cisco didn't want to be the star as the hero or the victim.

"We'll both need to keep a look out for him Cisco, so keep your eye's peeled. I want to find him before he gets himself hurt....But if he takes another shot at you, just scream for me, I'll take care of the twit."

"I won't do that..." Cisco purred, not having completely come down from his petting-induced high, "Why would I want to do that?"

But they had to move anyway. It was getting dark and goddamn if he didn't want to be lost by himself in the middle of goddamn nowhere with nothing but a goddamn metal circle to protect him against Death and all his minions. At least if he had these two around him, he could at least take them down with him.

"Well, I guess we better get going. It's getting late. Let's hope the woods will be safe, as we'll come across them. Otherwise, we'll have to make a detour, and lose even more time."

Cisco took another look into those woods. It was the kind of sight that would sober a drunk, the kind that could give small children nightmares and make teenagers feel like the victims in some horror movie. Which - like the snuff movie analogy - fit just as well.

No. We don't want that again. We don't want to displease Death more than we already have. he thought - and muttered - to himself as he scampered trembling back into the forest with his new ferryman for the river Styx.

((Cisco Vasquez continued in Aching Chest and Blurry Sight))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
SOTF_Help

Post by SOTF_Help »

Orpheus had been distracted during his reunion with Josée. It wasn't good. It wasn't right. Nevertheless, he had a lingering feeling that something was very, very wrong. He couldn't isolate it, but something unpleasant was lurking, just waiting for the right time to pounce.

When the others started moving, Orpheus lagged behind a little bit. Time to play a hunch. He was probably just being paranoid. Probably wasn't a thing to worry about. Still, he said to them, "I'll catch up in just a sec. Got a little, uh, business to attend to." A gesture at his zipper made the meaning clear.

But he was just being overly cautious.

Sure enough, after a half minute, nothing happened. The others were still within sight, though only barely, and rapidly fading. He took a couple steps, building up to a jog, ready to catch up to them. After all, he'd be a big help to them. Josée needed him.

He'd made it five steps when the voice called, "Hold it right there."

((Rob Jenkins continued from You Don't Have to Do This))

Orpheus held it right there, glancing briefly over his shoulder to see just who he was waiting on. Rob Jenkins. Basketball player. Had always seemed an okay enough guy, only he'd killed a couple people over the past two days, including Lily Hayes. Lily Hayes had never hurt anyone, and Orpheus had a hard time believing she'd suddenly changed her personality completely, especially without getting on the announcements. She'd have been able to take at least one person out. Surprise and all that.

"Hey," Rob said. "You seen a guy called Aaron?"

"Nope," Orpheus replied. "Wouldn't tell you even if I had. Your reputation's a bit bad these days."

Rob was holding a gun. Antagonizing him was probably not a good idea. Orpheus was having a hard time biting back his words, though.

"Now," he said, "if that's all you need, I think I've got to catch up with my friend, Josée."

"She that girl who was with you?" Rob asked.

There was something off in his tone.

"Yeah. Great girl."

"Is she your girlfriend?"

Something was wrong here. Something was very, very wrong. Orpheus tried to remember what he could. Rob was looking at him with unrestrained hostility. What had been said about Rob on the announcements? Hadn't Danya called him a Nazi? That could have meant any number of things, but... well, Lily was black, and both Rob's kills had been girls. Maybe Rob was carrying out some sort of male Aryan holy war. That'd be just what Orpheus needed at the moment.

"I don't really think that's your business," Orpheus said. "I think we're done. I don't have any argument with you. You wanna start something, it's all on you."

"Call her back," Rob said. "We can ask her if she's seen Aaron."

"I don't think so," Orpheus replied. "I think I'm happier with her far away. I found her once. I'll find her again."

Rob's face flashed a look of pure loathing that made Orpheus flinch for a moment. He wondered if, perhaps, he'd pushed things too far.

The look on Rob's face told him he had. It was only a matter of time before this went south. Violence was imminent. Orpheus had pretty much one chance, given Rob's superior armament, and that was surprise.

"I thi—" Rob began, and Orpheus charged him, keeping low, a football tackle.

He heard the three gunshots, but figured they missed, as he slammed into Rob, throwing the boy to the ground. He gave Rob a good smack to the side of the head, rendering him unconscious. Situation handled.

Only, there was blood everywhere.

That was funny. Rob wasn't bleeding.

Oh.

Looked like Rob hadn't missed at all.

Orpheus suddenly found himself feeling very weak and sore. There were three bullet holes in his chest. He wasn't going to walk away from this.

He didn't even know what to think. He wanted to scream. He wanted to kick Rob in the ribs, break his arm or something, then die on top of him. Give him something to think about when he woke up. He wouldn't kill him, though. That would be vindictive, wrong.

Only, all of a sudden, Orpheus realized it was necessary.

Josée.

Rob knew Orpheus was allied with Josée. He knew it, and he'd shown his willingness to kill. He was a double murderer, soon to be a triple murderer, and Josée would be his new target.

Orpheus found himself holding a large rock. It was slippery, with all the blood on his hands. His chest ached. He'd have to hurry.

Three quick strikes did the trick.

B075, Robert Jenkins: DECEASED

Only then did Orpheus remember Rob had had a gun. He picked it up, considered it. Had Josée been here, he'd have passed it to her. He'd never be able to catch up in time, though, so he threw it into the ocean.

He looked at Rob's body.

Even killers deserved a little respect.

He dragged the corpse, his own strength waning, down the key, until he found a place where the ledge to the ocean was somewhat steep. Then, he rolled Rob down it. The boy, seemingly weighted down by something, sunk surprisingly quickly.

Orpheus considered turning around, walking somewhere more dignified, but all his remaining strength had gone out of him. He teetered a little, then tumbled down the slope after Rob, landing in the water. It was cool, calm. Salty. It stung something fierce in his wounds. He couldn't do anything about that, though, and, bit by bit, the sensation faded away.

B090, Orpheus Campbell: DECEASED

Return to “The Key”