Check Out My New Weapon, Weapon of Choice

The western half of the living quarters can be considered the better half. Featuring slightly fewer homes and better spacing, this was considered the preferred housing of the complex and went to senior employees. Aside from one home which has caved in, the quarters seem to be in a livable state.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

This wasn't good. Not good at all.

Ami jumped when she saw Ruby begin to touch the window, her eyes immediately landing on the glass jutting out. She could have said something but it would have been too late. Blood sprayed (at least it looked like it) from Ruby's hand, not at an alarming rate, more like a disconcerting one. Ami jumped again when she heard Ruby curse. Curse, repeatedly!

"Ruby!" She gasped.

Ami practically stumbled as she rushed to Ruby's side, reaching out to grab her hand, but she jumped back a third time. The wooden chair went flying across the floor, one of it's legs snapping out of alignment. The sight nearly made Ami freeze up.

Ruby was mad. Very mad. Ami hoped that it wasn't any of her fault.

Ruby threw her hand out and pointed at a camera off in the distance. Ami turned to look. Ruby was pointing at the same camera she spotted before.

Would Father cry?

Worry about that later. Just... Focus on the matter at hand, she told herself, don't think about the past, don't get distracted. Ruby needed help.

"Ruby, Ruby?" Ami repeated her friend's name, not only for Ruby's sake but for her own. "Ruby, you're hurt. You're bleeding! Look, Ruby. Just calm down, calm down."

The sentiment was genuine but Ami's voice cracked. Ruby looked scary when she was angry.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

God-damn fucking hell, I hate this island.

Simply put, Ruby was angry. Angry at her astonishingly bad luck at being at the wrong school, at the wrong time on the wrong school trip. Angry about being unable to save Katelyn or make sure that Miranda didn't hurt anyone else. Angry at just how shitty her situation truly was. So angry in fact, that a part of her wanted to go fuck it and take her anger out on the world, burning and smashing everything in sight just to relieve the amount of stress she was suffering.

Possibly the only thing stopping her from enacting on these impulses was the frightened look on Ami's face.

She looked so... Scared. So concerned not just for her own wellbeing, but for Ruby's as well. And most daunting of all, Ruby knew for a fact that she was the reason Ami looked so intimidated. The moment she realised this, her gradually anger began to subside, replaced with feelings of guilt and embarrassment for having exploded like that in front of her.

"I..." she began, unsure really as to what to say. "I-I'm fine, really."

She looked down at her hand, noting the clean cut along her palm. Thankfully, upon closer inspection it didn't seem to be nearly as deep as she thought it was. It was probably more the shock of getting hurt than the injury itself that had set her off.

"I think it looks more dramatic than it actually is. Probably just needs a quick wash and a bandage and I'll be fine..."

After a slight pause, she looked back up at Ami. "Look, I... I'm sorry about what happened just now. I'm not angry at you or anything, I'm just feeling a bit antsy about this whole mess. Needed to relieve some stress, you know? And the whole thing with Miranda didn't exactly..."

She paused. Suddenly, a horrible realisation struck her like a sack of bricks, one which had only occurred to her after her adrenaline rush had come to an end.

I just tried to kill someone.

"I... I'll be right back, going to go sort this hand out."

On that note, Ruby quickly headed up stairs, stopping briefly to grab a water bottle and first aid kit from her bag before entering the nearest bathroom.

Much to her surprise, as it turned out the water taps did in fact work, although the quality of the water did not look enticing. She was probably more likely to get an infection if she used the taps than she would if she was to do nothing. Then again, she only had a limited amount of drinkable water, so she was hesitant to use even a small amount wash her cut.

In the end, she figured that cleaning the injury was better than an assured infection, making sure to only use a handful of drops. As she continued to treat her wound, she thought back to what happened barely minutes ago. A part of her couldn't believe just how determined she was to put an end to Miranda's life. How angry she had been at the fact that she had failed to kill another living breathing human being. Sure, she had an arguably justifiable reason, but the simple fact remained that she just tried to straight-up kill someone. Maybe in a way she was lucky to have missed. Maybe things would have gone from bad to worse if she had succeeded in gunning down Miranda. It was too early to tell what the outcome would be.

The only thing she knew for certain was that she couldn't afford to make the same mistake next time.

After she'd finished bandaging her hand, she returned to her bag in the bedroom, placing her stuff back inside. After which, she then removed all the spare clips from the bag, as well as the guide she had been given on how to use the gun. Whilst she had given it a quick read-through shortly after waking up, she figured she would need to give it a proper read at some point. For the moment though, she only needed to find out how to reload the gun.

Lets see... Five clips. Fifty bullets each, so thats about two-hundred and fifty overall. Have to make sure these count.

After much fiddling, she was able to detach the empty clip and replace it with one of the full ones, tossing the used one into the corner of the room. After making sure that the clip was definitely in correctly, she then decided to check the gun settings. There were three letters on the side of the gun, S 1 and A. According to the manuel, S = Safe, 1 = semi-automatic fire and A = fully-automatic fire. To avoid any accidents, Ruby quickly set the dial from A to S.

With the safety on her gun turned on, Ruby then put the manuel and three of the remaining clips back in the bag, placing the fourth clip in her inner jacket pocket. Last thing she wanted was to find herself out of ammo in a more dangerous situation.

Once she was done, she put her bag back on and returned to Ami.

"Right... So, what now? Think we should head off, or would you rather stay in this area? All that gunfire might of attracted unwanted attention..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fiori. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

When Ruby told her that she was fine, Ami felt the need to stop her. Ruby was not alright. Ami knew this, she saw it on Ruby's face all too plainly a moment ago. She looked angry. Ruby was right; the fear that Ami felt was twofold. It would be easy for her to be scared of Ruby and her gu, but she knew for a fact that Ruby was no danger to her. Considering how Ruby kept an eye out for her the past day, it wouldn't make sense to be fearful of her. She was worried for her though. The shock of seeing someone die right in front of her was still there. Ami just... she was worried. She still felt sick, just wrong. And she was worried Ruby was in the same position.

But feeling worried and expressing it were two different things entirely. Ruby started talking to her again, apologizing for what had happened. Ami stared at her, dumbly, and said nothing. She just stared at her, when she paused to consider something, when the color drained from her face, and even when she said she would be right back. Ami turned to watch her leave, still saying nothing, not even bothering to nod her head. She stood there in place, watching Ruby walk straight up the stairs

That's when the thought occurred to her; Ami was a coward. Simply.

The thought continued to nag her as she went back upstairs, picking up the gun from the top of the stairs and carrying most of the supplies back down. Lot good that gun ended up being. Ami mentally beat herself up as she placed the supplies in one of the chairs in the bedroom. Ruby returned when Ami finally finished. She turned to look at her.

Ruby asked her if she wanted to leave. Her suggestion was sound. Ami gave it some serious consideration. She spun around on her heel, looking out the window again. She succeeded in pushing out distracting thoughts, the ones that were quietly chewing her out. Focusing on the question at hand, she placed forefinger to chin and hummed.

"It's more likely someone would be drawn away from gunshots rather than towards them," she thought out loud, "But, if someone wants to find a gun... They would follow the sounds and try their luck."

A troubling decision to be sure. They had plenty of cover here, but if they stayed someone might come. Someone who may or may not be particularly friendly, someone like Gavin, a gun pervert, someone who likes killing. Overly paranoid, sure, but keeping on the move just sounded smarter, to her at least.

"I think we should leave," she gave a nod. "Do you think we should head into town? They might, uhm, have supplies. Something to help." She pulled out the map, smoothing it out. "I've got everything. We just need to set a destination."

Ami stopped right then, her eyes turning back to Ruby. Ami thought it would be best to just let things lie. The moment to console Ruby had passed but... She took a few steps anyway, closing the gap between them. She placed a hand on Ruby's shoulder and squeezed. Ami forced a smile, unable to convey what she wanted to tell her. The smile felt wrong, like needles prickling her skin, but it felt right to her. She thought for a moment. The words formed slowly in her mind.

"Hey," Ami said, "it's going to be okay. Okay? We're still alive. That's what matters, right?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Ciel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

"Hmm, true." Ruby said in response to Ami's comment about gunshots dissuading people from coming near them, again reminding her that zombie apocalypse logic did no necessarily apply to the situation they were in. Then again, as Ami also pointed out, the only kind of people who would head in the direction of a gunshot were those who're either crazy or have enough firepower to take on people with guns. Neither of whom were the kind of people Ruby wanted to bump into any time soon.

In any case, Ami still suggested that they head somewhere else, a sentiment Ruby agreed with. Regardless of how secure this area seemed, you only had to look at the corpse outside their building to realise that it was no safer than anywhere else on the island. At this point, she was inclined to believe that there were no true safety zones on the island, so it probably didn't make that big a difference where they decided to head. Plus, the further she got from that ominous power station the better.

"Town sounds as good a place to go as any other. As long as we find a place to stay with a roof over our heads it probably doesn't matter where we head off to."

As Ruby continued to examine the map Ami had unfolded, she suddenly felt a hand placed gently on her shoulder, her head turning to Ami just as she began to offer some comforting words.

She paused for a moment, not entirely sure how to react at first. Eventually though she found herself responding with a half-forced smile of her very own.

"Yeah, I... I guess you're right." she began, gulping nervously. "Th-Thanks, I think I might have needed that."

Ruby smiled again. A part of her was glad that she'd found Ami when she did. She was quite possibly one of the nicest girls she'd ever met, and the thought of someone like Gavin or Miranda finding her alone and defenceless appalled her. Not only that, had it not been for her being there when Ruby was at her very worst, god knows how long it would have taken for her to snap out of it.

"I'm sorry again about how I acted earlier. I know I've probably not been the most pleasant person to be around at times, but I... I really do appreciate you being there and all. Yesterday I thought I'd be better off alone, but after what just happened I... I'm not sure how I'd of coped without having someone like you around to... I don't know, it's just nice having someone to talk to, you know?"

Much to her surprise, after quickly glancing into a nearby mirror she realised that she was actually blushing.

"A-Anyway, we should probably be heading off." she said in a fluster, hoisting her bag over her back and heading out via the front door.

"If we're lucky, we might be able to find somewhere nicer to stay before nightfall..."

((Ruby Forrester continued in Good Day Sunshine))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fiori. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ciel†

Post by Ciel† »

Ami kept smiling when Ruby apologized again. The smile still burned her. She seriously wanted to let her lips droop but she forced herself to smile. Ami did not notice the blushing on Ruby's cheeks. In fact, she had to force her eyes as well as her lips, feeling the urge to frown and stare straight at the floor. It didn't help that she caught the sight of another camera, this one staring directly at her. Ami felt goosebumps against the back of her neck but she ignored it, just stared at Ruby.

"Yeah," she responded, in a mumble. "it's okay. That's what friends are for, right?"

Ruby agreed with her idea about heading back to town. Told her they should probably head out. A good enough idea, as far as Ami could tell.

"Okay," she said. "Let's... Let's just go, okay?"

Ami's smile disappeared the second her companion turned to head out the door. She felt good that she could help Ruby cope with what was happening, but she was more or less lying through her teeth, telling Ruby the things Ami wanted her to hear rather than the god's honest truth. Nothing unusual for the Flynn family; when you live at a Funeral Home, you shell out more condolences and kind words than caskets. However, as much as Ami was being considerate, she knew that this wasn't just to calm Ruby down.

Ami needed Ruby to be calm, and to appreciate Ami being there. Ami was smart, sure. And she could be there if Ruby needed to talk. But Ruby, Ruby got things done. She did the things Ami could not find the nerve to do. And Ami knew this, knew it from the second they met at the grocery store. Was Ruby right? Would she have been better off alone?

Ami... didn't know.

Of course, she did not dare tell Ruby this, or about how she simply stood by as Kaitlyn died a horrible, agonizing death without lifting a single finger to help. She felt guilty enough just thinking about it all.. Ami just kept her mouth shut and picked up her things. With gun in tow, Ami closed the door behind her and followed Ruby.

(Ami Flynn continued in Good Day Sunshine)

Return to “West Living Quarters”