Conquistador

Private / TOPIC CLOSED

The residential area used to house the miners, loggers, and mansion staff. Houses, mainly ranch-style and small, are arranged on one half of the U-shaped town. The other side of the U is home to a pub, a grocery store, a small convenience store, and a recreation center containing a gym and a small movie theater.
Dropbear†

Conquistador

Post by Dropbear† »

((Ben Powell continued from Intravenous Nightmare))

"Welcome to Sotf-town, population zero."

With a stretch, Benjamin Powell unclipped his bag against an empty ruined house, looking down the road at his ragtag team. It was a bit of a hike down to the town, non-stop, looking out for anyone that could cross them. No-one did, either because of fear or because no-one was really there.

Ben thought that either way worked. Giving a slight smile, he sat down and examined the rest of the area. Not much sign of life out here, weirdly enough. Maybe everyone was inside the buildings. Would the group have to look in every one of them for his friends?

Heck, did it matter? He picked up the camera girl and the psychic because he was nice and didn't shoot them. The people in here would definitely be in groups, probably trying to survive. Maybe they could do something...

Taking out a water bottle and allowing himself a small sip, he frowned. Do what?

Live.
Yeah. And what happens if someone tries to kill?
Try to live.

He sighed. "Come on, guys! We're her- Huh?"

I... I don't believe it...
Is that...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Jacob Charles continued from Intraveneous Nightmare))

Jacob hadn't really expected the hike to take the long amount of time that it did. In a few hours, the sun would dip in the sky, and it wouldn't be long, in the sense that humanity really doesn't last for long, until darkness approached. It wasn't supposed to be far, but he expected Ben had planned for something along these lines. Once it got dark, he supposed that people would calm down, not try and panic, and just realise that...if Simon really was playing, which Jacob doubted, then they would alll probably be dead by morning, and their conscience intact.

Everything's gonna turn out all right. Know it.

The town wasn't really all that impressive to say the least. Now Jacob hadn't been to a lot of them, since he rarely ever left St. Paul, apart from the occasional road trip, but this wasn't nearly as grand as the Saint Paul he knew and loved. There had to be, what, only a few stores and stuff? Jacob then remembered with a grimace that the island wouldn't even be as big as St. Paul, let alone hold the amount of people that it did. God, why did he have to be so stupid?

The four of them finally stopped by an abandoned house. Jacob, his hand becoming raw after holding the splintering table leg for most of the day, dropped the makeshift weapon haphazardly, clattering on the ground. His bag came next, tumbling out of his grip weakly and falling to the...whatever it was called. Pavement? Road? Jacob wasn't really in the mood to care about names and stuff. His skin was baking, the sun being it's unforgiving bitch of aself, so Jacob took off his cap and wiped his hands through his hair. Flecks of it stood up from sweat and lack of cleanliness.

Ben started to speak to their group. Sarah was still in her camera-filming coping state, according to Ben, while he hadn't bothered to check on Adrian while Sarah was in eavesdrop. What was with Sarah before she started to act...weird?

But then, Ben stopped mid-sentence. Jacob's eyes looked up to his best mate, and subsequently looked past him to see....no, it couldn't be.

((Paige Strand continued from Wood and Wire))

"...and then I was, like, ohmygod, cause I wasn't even expecting to look like that when he would, but I didn't actually know he would, so I was almost in like, you know, hysterics, that's the word. So then, I was gonna tell Reiko, and Amber, and Carol, and Ben about it once we got to the camp ground! But then all this happened, so I don't know if we could ever, like, be together again. I wonder where he is now? Do you reckon once we find somewhere, and you like find whoever you'd want to find, we'd probably find..."

Paige Strand was being a nuisance, to say the least. Every since they left the road, leaving the two compatriots and the lech in the other direction, Paige couldn't stand the quiet. But without her phone, which she grumbled about for a long time after discovering it, the only possible alternative was.....conversation. Not gossip with her friends about things she'd always go on about, but...conversation.

Of course, she didn't give two squats about what Daniel actually had to say, so she started to go on about her for a very, very long time.

And then they reached the town, and the street, where they noticed other people. While part of Paige told her to run, to hide, to escape like she did most of her life, her eyes fastened themselves on a certain figure in the foreground. With a cap. That shirt. That jacket. That face. Eyes.

"....Jacob?"

For a while, Jacob stood there, ignoring the world. Silence erupted around him, and all he could think, all he could feel, all he could see...was Paige. The girl standing yards and yards away from him, hair blowing in the breeze like a rope dangling off a blimp in flight. Simply standing there, waiting for the full realization of feelings and emotions to overcome him.

And then he ran.

The dream had to be breaking soon, right? There was no way that she could have found him that fast. She wanted to, true, but...no, this was some sick game, right? She didn't do anything, and shows like this always made fragile girls like her work for their happy endings! She was expecting to fight, deep down, for her right to live. And it was standing right in front of her. This doubt, this confusion as to why if it were a joke, would it be so early...was shot down several moments later.

And then she ran.

He didn't give a damn about anything around him. There was only Paige, running towards him, getting closer and closer. Her touch, her scent, her breathe...she was here.

And everything would be okay.

Seconds later, they were as one, Paige's small arms wrapped around her fiance's large upper back, her face buried in his shoulder, while Jacob stroked her hair, and held her tightly. They spun as they finally met, the colours and the people in the town only blurs. But they wouldn't have noticed. They wouldn't have cared at all.

"Paige...."
"I was so...I was so scared Jacob!"
"It's alright."
"When I woke up, and you weren't there, I thought...I-I thought I'd lost you forever!"
"Me too."
"And then, I couldn't find the others, and I thought...I just want to apologize to so many people, Jacob."
"It's okay, Paige. You're safe now. No one's going to hurt you. I'm never letting you go."
"I never got to tell R-Reiko and A-A-Amber and C-c-c-c-c-c-carol and B-Ben that we were going to-to-"
"Don't worry Paige. Ben's here. He's going to help us. We can find everyone else. We can find people. We'll...we'll find a way out of this."
"D-do you promise?"
"Of course, Paige."
"...I still have it."
"It doesn't matter. Not as much as you do."
"I kept it all this time, I thought they would have taken it away, to fund their fucking game! But...can you feel it?"
"I can, Paige."
"It's safe. I'll keep it till the end."
"Don't say that, cause it's not going to end."
"You don't know that!"
"I know it, Paige. These aren't killers. These are our friends. They wouldn't do it. We know them. You know them, and you know them better than anyone."
"...even Amber?"
"Even her. Just...I love you Paige. I love you more than the world."
"I love you too Jacob. We'll never be apart."

An eternity and a half passed, or could have passed, by the couple embraced in each other's arms. And they wouldn't have cared. Not until they were forced apart. Paige's hands slipped down, and Jacob felt it. His hands left her figure, and they joined. Two hands, two hearts, two souls. One emblazened with a ring slipped on moments before they collided in space, and the other raw from unfeeling. Two hands that were meant to be.

They knew nothing would bring them apart. Nothing in the world.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

((Sarah Atwell continued from Intravenous Nightmare))

Sarah hadn't filmed much of the trip, opting instead to conserve the battery life on her camera. The long lasting battery pack should give her enough time to capture anything she wanted to over the period of the next few days but that was only if she had the pack switched off rather than standby when not in use. She had gotten along well enough with her companions throughout the trek but they still eyed her with some cautious trepidation. She supposed she would too if someone had been screaming and trying to grab guns and such so she didn't feel any spite because of it.

Here and there Sarah had spotted movement in the distance but she didn't mention anything to the others. She was completely lost in the sense that she was unsure what she should or could be doing. Ben seemed to have taken the lead of the group and right now she was content in following him. It meant that someone had a plan, and if there was a plan there was something she could follow, one could almost say a script of sorts.

She gentle nibbled on a piece of bread as the group paused at the side of the building. Glancing at the two friends Sarah saw Jacob's eyes gone wide as Ben trailed off mid sentence. Turning to look she barely had the time to power up the camera before Paige and Jacob collided. It felt like one of those scenes in the movies where two lovers finally reunite after a long period of being apart. That never really happened in real life though. There were long heartfelt hugs and tears some times but never had Sarah seen two people run at each other with so much gusto.

After recording the scene she flicked the camera off. "I suppose they know each other?" she questioned Ben and Adrian. She could hear footsteps around the corner, people who see presumed were either with Paige or drawn to the noise of the two. Looking back over her shoulder she spotted an alleyway that she could flee to if things got dangerous. Sticking close to the hulking form of Adrian she continued to chew on the bread in her spare hand. "Star-crossed lovers." she murmured to Adrian as she watched the two continue to gush.

She wished she could one day have something like that.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fanatic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

((Robert Jenkins continued from The Dilemma))

Meanwhile on the other side of the building, Rob Jenkins, completely unaware of the scene happening nearby, found his goal: shelter. He took his time to read the manual of his newly acquired gun along the way, so his trek took a bit longer than it should, and in result darkness caught him before he reached the Residential Area. But that didn't matter. Flashlight and compass ultimately led him to the place where he could finally rest.

The house looked a little ruined, but then again Rob didn't expect much more. Also, it was probably much easier to get inside if the locks were in the same condition as the rest of the building. That is, if anyone thought about locking it before. The basketball player carefully examined his closest surrounding and found a rusty old door which was probably supposed to be a back-door leading to the kitchen.

Fortunately for Robert, the lock was in even worse condition than the doors it was supposed to keep closed. Little tampering, some force usage, and few second later, the redhead stared at the completely empty and deserted old kitchen.

Could be worse... I hope that whoever lived here didn't take everything. Sofa would be perfect, but even an old mattress would do just fine.

Rob turned on the flashlight with his left hand, tightened the grip on his M15 pistol with his right hand, and slowly began to examine the rest of the house.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Vanikoro†

Post by Vanikoro† »

((Adrian Staib continued from Intravenous Nightmare))

Adrian had remained silent most of the way from the infirmary. He was more into scoping out the surroundings as he wandered along. He noticed the sun going down. How scary will this place at night be? He wondered. He saw no one else around besides who he was with, so he relaxed a little. Ben, Sarah, and Jacob all seemed to relax as well. Adrian took a moment to survey his surroundings. From what he remembered on his map, this had to be the residential district of the island. It seemed like a nice place, about as nice as any place could be in this game.

Since this seemed like a brief moment of downtime, Adrian pulled out a bottle of water from his daypack, and began to drink from it. After about four or five long gulps, he places the water bottle back into this bag. It was at this time that he heard Jacob take of running. His eyes caught up just in time to see Jacob in a warm embrace with someone Adrian didn't recognize. When questioned as to their relationship by Sarah, Adrian simply shrugged. "If I had to guess, I'd say they were in love." Adrian was oblivious to this feeling himself, as he had never experienced it, but it was pretty easy to see that's what Jacob and this other girl felt.

As Sarah once again commented on the pair, Adrian simply nodded. "Yep." he replied. That was definitely the only way to describe these two. At this point, Adrian was focused enough on the scene unfolding that he was unaware of his other surroundings. He did notice, however, that Sarah had stepped closer to him, as if she was using his form to hide. This made Adrian to one more look around of his surroundings. Is there anyone else here, watching this? he wondered.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Vanikoro. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Fiori

Post by Fiori »

((Marty J. Lovett continued from Woods of Paranoia))

Gotta keep running.... Gotta keep running...... Gotta keep... running.........

Marty hadn't a clue how long he'd been running for. An hour? Two hours, maybe? Not that it mattered... All he wanted at that moment was to be as far away from those psychos as possible. And if that meant running all the way to the other side of the island then, well, so be it...

Only problem, his body thought otherwise. Marty wasn't exactly the healthiest guy in the world... Back home, he couldn't run for three FREAKING minutes without falling over with an agonizing muscle cramp. So why he was still able to run after all this time was something of a mystery... Perhaps the mixture of fear and adrenaline pumping through his veins were the only things keeping him going.

Which, seeing as he was slowly calming down, posed something of a problem. He was tiring, that was obvious. The adrenaline rush which had been the only keeping him going earlier was slowly dying down as he gradually became calmer and calmer. Unless he found somewhere to rest soon, he'd end up having to sleep in the middle of the field he was currently passing through. Something he knew for a fact was a BAD idea.

He briefly toyed with the idea of setting up that tent he received as his "weapon", but dismissed it almost immediately. He was way too tired to be able to coherently set up such a complicated structure... Besides, even if he did manage to set it up somehow he'd still stick out like a sore thumb. May as well put up a campfire and some neon lights saying "FREE KILL HERE!" while he was at it...

What now?!? I can't go on much longer... Too tired... WAY too fuckin' tired... There must be somewhere I can...

Sure enough, as if he'd been rewarded by some unseen and unappreciated deity, there ahead of him stood the small series of buildings which represented the Residential District.

Oh THANK YOU! Thank god! And here I thought i'd never see civilisation again!

Well... Okay, maybe not civilisation. But damnit! Where there's houses there's probably beds. Maybe not particularly nice beds, and anything is better then sleeping in the middle of some freaking field!

With this thought in mind, he forced himself to trudge on towards the nearest house he could find, desperate to find a safe place to sleep for the night. Well, somewhere safe was probably impossible. NOWHERE on this island was truly safe... But at least i'd make for a better option than setting up camp in the middle of some barren wood or something.

After another fifteen or so minutes he'd finally reached the back-garden of one of the houses, a short wooden fence standing between him and sanctuary. It looked daunting at first, but he quickly (If somewhat ungainly) clambered over it as he slowly made his way through the overgrown back garden towards the back door. By the time he got there, he was so tired he practically fell against it in exhaustion. Luckily for Marty, it was unlocked. So rather than look around for some other way inside he simply opened the wooden door and tumbled through.

He lay on the floor for a moment or two, praising the moment. He'd made it, he'd actually made it! A roof above his head, walls blocking the dangers of the outside world, and a nice and soft carpet to lie on...

... Actually, make that hard and uncomfortable floorboards. Floorboards which reminded Marty that he wasn't out of the blue quite yet. He forced himself onto his feet, slamming the back door shut behind him. His eyes darted about for a way to make sure that nobody would be bursting in unexpected, eventually laying on a key lying unassumingly on the windowsill. He quickly locked the back door before placing it back where he found it, shifting his body through the house to make sure the front door was also similarly locked. Eventually, after navigating himself through the various rooms and hallways he found the front door, which conveniently had one of those door chain thingy's people use as an extra precaution. He made sure to put the chain in place before heading upstairs, not even bothering to check if the door was actually locked. He was tired, WAY too tired to care at that moment... All he wanted was to lie down and rest his weary head.

He moved through the 1st floor of the house in an almost zombielike fashion, mindlessly looking for a bedroom to rest in. Eventually, after mistakenly entering the same bathroom twice, he found one. The large bedroom with a somewhat pleasant double bed in the middle facing the window.

FINALLY! Friggin' finally! Now I can just... Doze off for a minute or two......

And on that note, he fell face first onto the bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

OOC: You can go ahead and skip Marty for the next couple of posts.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fiori. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

((DK continued from Wood and Wire))

Dan had fallen slightly behind Paige on their way to the residential area of the island. His knee was twinging slightly which was always a sign that he needed to just slow down; but he couldn't afford to slow down. Not in a place like this. He had a girl who he felt mutual hatred for following him for protection, he had no idea where anyone he'd call a friend was, and now his knee was acting up, and he was only a couple of hours into his stay on the island. Not a good start for Daniel Kensrue.

This train of thought had led DK to somewhat absentmindedly follow Paige up to the house without even thinking of drawing his weapon. It took DK almost walking right into the gushing couple to realize that there was now a plethora of people in front of this house.

Instinct took over as DK reached for his pistol, pulling it out, but not pointing it at anyone.

Just in case...

"So...do you two want to take this inside? Or do we get to be included in the millions of people about to get a free show?"
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

Holy shit! She's alive. We can do this. We could actually do this.
Paige! Wow... Jacob and Paige... my friends... we found Paige!

For the longest time, Ben stood there, trying to compute the scene in front of him. They found her! It was a miracle, and as they merged into each other in love, he gave a small chuckle, slowly growing louder, until he had to hold onto the wall of the building, clutching his side in laughter.

"We did it!" he exclaimed, punching his fist in the air. He knew that nothing could tear apart Jacob and Paige. Maybe, maybe they'd find a way to live...

Smiling and adjusting his brownish widebrim, he gave a salute at the pair. "Come on, you lovebirds. Inside, we need shelt-."

He frowned. And moved his gaze to the others. "DK? It's Ben! Friendly! Don't bother with the gun, we're not going to play. Sarah and Adrian, you guys OK?" It wasn't that he didn't trust Daniel, the massive golfer and video game player. The weapon, however... He sighed and shook his head. It was typical to be scared in a massive crowd like this.

"Come on, everyone, let's save it for inside."

Slowly, he trudged up the steps. His paintball gun was crudely shoved on a strap on the backpack, the straps in his hands.

Slowly, he opened the door. He gave a wince as it creaked open, loud enough to wake the dead.

Slowly, he stepped in. One foot in, two foot in, three, four... And then he swore.

"Rob?"

[[permission to skip for rolls for inky and yoss]]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

For a little while longer, the scenes surround them didn't matter one bit. They had each other, her arms were now intwined with him again. But then, Jacob stopped. He realised that, no matter how much he loved Paige, not everyone was going to share his love for her, and that they were standing out in the open.

Paige seemed to notice this too, and looked up at him.

"What's wrong?"

And then, everything started again. DK making his presence known, Ben celebrating their love by yelling out to them, and then...

"Paige, I'll get you out of here, I promise you that."

Paige, weakly smiling, kept her eyes on him.

"You promise?"

"I do, now come on."

With Paige still attatched to him, Jacob went back and took his bag and weapon. Paige eyed it confused, before Jacob followed it up with a comment about Mentos. Still perplexed, Paige ignored his musings.

Jacob followed Ben into the abandoned house they decided to rest outside of, and the rest of the group followed. With Paige still clenched at his side, Jacob started to move in closely after Ben, table leg raised above his head, and started to move down the corridor, and then he stopped.

There was someone there.

And someone that Paige did not relish meeting at the moment, unclenching herself from him.

Rob "N-Nazi" Jenkins, as Paige and Amber had so frequently nicknamed him in their little gossips.

Paige was no stranger to racism and bigotry in todays America. Her oldest sister had joined a Neo-Nazi online group when she was 22, and Paige had often seen the images that were posted on her laptop. Violent, aged images of hangings, excecution style, and the rally's that were held against people of colour and religion so many times when they shared a room and she thought Paige was asleep. It horrified her beyond words, and this would change Paige. She would never stand racism or prejudice, not in any form whatsoever. Sure, she'd gab about fashion choices and statements, and anything else like that, but Paige even refrained herself from gossiping once she met Sarah at the prom with Reiko.

And now, he was standing in front of her. She despised the jocks at the school, and she knew that, with the gun clenched in his hand and that look on his face, that he wasn't gonna simply lay down like so many others. Like she would have done. This guy...was gonna play.

Not wasting any time, Paige started the barrage. With Jacob away from her, it was easy to let it off, and Paige was so caught up that she didn't take a moment to think over the consequences.

"Paige, don't do it."

"Shut up Jacob, I love you but so help me...get out Rob. Get the fuck out of here right now. We have guns, and I don't give a fuck if you're trying to hunt down some guy who you probably fucked you over, but I'm not having some one-brained, slack-jawed pompose ass git gonna put MY fucking ass on the line, JUST BECAUSE YOU, AND EVERY OTHER ONE OF YOUR ONE-BRAINED SLACK-JAWED POMPOSE ASS FRIENDS START TO SNAP AND GO LOOP-DI-LOOP FUCKING CRAZY! So who ya gonna hunt down first, huh Jenkins? Roland H-"

"PAIGE THAT'S ENOUGH!"

"JACOB SHUT UP YOU AREN'T DOING ANYTHING!"

"WELL YOU'RE NOT HELPING THE SITUATION HERE!"

"OH, WELL I DON'T SEE YOU DOING ANYTHING!"

Their once love had started to crack, since Paige's moods had started to swing again. She was angry, and it had been far too long since she got her own way again. Jacob could feel the heat glaring off from her eyes, and knew he needed to calm her down somehow.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

((I spoke with Fanatic and he said it's okay to skip him))

Luckily for Robert, a nice big couch was left in the living room. His first thought was to simply lie down and rest, but his overcareful attitude ordered him to check the entire house properly, to avoid some nasty surprise.

Unluckily, the nasty surprise found him anyway. As he entered the anteroom, the main door suddenly opened and 3 people (2 guys and a girl) appeared. He did encounter them back in the school corridor once or twice, but he had absolutely no idea who they were. Apparently they knew him though, as one of the guys called him by name, while the gal started... Shouting at him?

Whoa, whoa, whoa... What's her problem? The redhead asked himself as the girl continued her barrage. She never met him in person, she didn't know him, and yet she already assumed he's one of the island's serial killers, and of all things, she told him to... 'Leave'. Luckily for Rob's ears, her (apparently) boyfriend interrupted her.

Rob spent the next few seconds of argue between the lovers to analyze the situation. Since none of the three carried a handgun, and yet the girl threatened Rob with it, he assumed there are more (and armed) people outside. That wasn't good. He really wanted the place though, so he decided to stay. If anything would go wrong, he would just make a quick dash and escape using the back door. Not to mention, he would rather eat some shit right now, rather than leave now after such an insult in his face.

Who the hell is Roland H though?

Rob tried to figure out the last part.

Roland H... Roland H... Roland H...

...ayes?

Suddenly, Rob felt like someone him with a brick.

Roland Hayes...

...Negro.

Fuck.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK, FUCK!

She knew. She had to be some kind of a gossiper or whatever, but she knew.

Whoever knew Robert Jenkins before, probably wouldn't recognize him right now. Usually he was calm and confident. Sometimes he was happy. When things weren't going his way, like when his team was losing big time, he was angry or even outright pissed off, but he was never scared. Even after being placed on the SOTF island and being held at the gunpoint, Rob managed to suppress his fear with determination to get out alive and continue his basketball career. He didn't know the true taste of fear.

Up until now.

Rob looked nervously around. Cameras. Cameras everywhere. Microphones probably as well. If she would finish the rant and pronounce to the entire world that 'Rob Jenkins hates black people', his dream of playing in NBA would be shattered. He could deny it or excuse himself, but no one would stop looking at him with a stink eye. Any teamwork with any of the NBA teams? Impossible. Successful career? In Europe perhaps, but the bad rep would probably follow him there as well. Maybe the girl didn't realize it, but she was closer to killing him than any bloodthirsty player around.

Rob pointed his handgun at the girl.

Pulling the trigger would finish the problem, and if Rob was about to survive, she had to die anyway, but... Damn, he didn't want to do it. He would rather force her to leave and hope to never meet her again. And being the one with the gun certainly put him in the better negotiating position, even if there WAS someone armed to back her up.

"Listen, you... Bitch." He tried to sound threatening, but his shaky voice easily ruined the effect.

"First of all, I was here before you, so if you have any problem with me, it is YOU who should get the fuck out of here." Rob gulped the saliva gathered in his mouth before continuing. "Secondly, I... AM NOT... A KILLER... And I won't become one unless you force me to."

Robert dropped the flashlight and used his now free hand to stabilize his trembling arm holding a gun. the vision got slightly worse, but thanks to the moonlight, he could still see his 'visitors'.

"And finally..."

Rob carefully analyzed every word he was going to let out of his mouth. He couldn't spill the beans himself now, could he? Instead of finishing his speech to the girl, he decided to talk to the guy trying to calm her down.

"You there. Take your girl somewhere far away from here, before she'll say one thing too much, and something... Bad will happen."

For both of us...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Jacob was trying his best to stop Paige from overeacting. He didn't know what had gotten into her! She'd just...exploded at Rob as though he was about to kill everyone around them! Jacob was on pretty good terms with most of the sporting crowd at Bayview, and was at a loss as to what was causing Paige's emotional outburst.

"Paige, please calm down, you're not gonna make things easier if you keep on acting like thi-"

"SHUT UP JACOB!" Paige snapped back, still in her moody state. Her eyes were trying their best to glare him down, get him to back the hell off. She didn't have time to be tring to chit-chat with Jacob, while a potential killer was now...

...pointing a gun at them.

Paige's entire nervous system turned to ice. She'd been scared of the gun back with DK, even though her thoughts were telling her that he wasn't going to shoot them all dead at that time, and was secretly terrified when she spotted Ben's paintball gun and couldn't differentiate it from a normal one at that moment. But now, the tables were turning. This guy was actually a threat now, and not simply someone for Paige to attempt to scare off with her pointy, pointy words.

Jacob tried to clasp at her hand, to take her out of the line of fire. He was advised by this guy to get her out, and Jacob was intending to follow up on that wish. But Paige would not have any of it. She yanked her hand out from his, and started to sneer at Rob again.

"What, you think you're so tough with that gun in your hand, huh? Gonna pick off a little girl, right? That's all you dumb fucks are good for, putting on a show for the cameras! What, do you wanna show everyone how tough you are, how much of a big man you are, pencil-dick? Well guess what? You're nothing. You're not gonna be anyone, you're not gonna go anywhere, and even if you DO get off here, well guess what? No one will care! You'll be a killer! The NBA or whatever the fuck it is don't want killers playing for them! Specially not fucking NAZI'S! Do you reckon teams full o' 6 foot tall black fuckheads would want someone who went around, killing...off..."

Paige was starting to cool down, break down even. Her emotions had been so highly strung ever since she'd arrived, that once she started to release them, it was like a car running in overdrive. She was starting to come down. Hard.

Once she'd realised what she'd done, how far she'd moved closer in her rant against Rob, she placed herself. She was in danger. Alarm bells were going off in her head, and all senses screamed RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! but, she was frozen in fear, as all of her emotions started to come rushing back.

Jacob, realising what the look on Rob's face meant, Jacob knew he only had seconds to act. Running forward, he grabbed Paige by the wrist as she stood there, frozen in the fear of realising what was going to happen.

What was going to happen to them?
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

Rob stood silent for a while, watching as the guy tried to calm down his girlfriend. Too bad he was such a pansy while doing it, and the girl completely ignored him... Continuing the rant. Rob tried to interrupt her, but he felt like his tongue was tied into a Gordian knot.

"What, you think you're so tough with that gun in your hand, huh? Gonna pick off a little girl, right?"

You started it, you dumb bitch... Shut up...

"...That's all you dumb fucks are good for, putting on a show for the cameras! What, do you wanna show everyone how tough you are, how much of a big man you are, pencil-dick?"

NO, I just want to rest, God damn it, shut up!

"...Well guess what? You're nothing. You're not gonna be anyone, you're not gonna go anywhere, and even if you DO get off here, well guess what? No one will care! You'll be a killer! The NBA or whatever the fuck it is don't want killers playing for them!"

"...Specially not fucking NAZI'S!"

*snap*

"Do you reckon teams full o' 6 foot tall black fuckheads would want someone who went around, killing...off..."

"SHUT UP!" Robert's tongue finally freed itself from the restrains... And so did the emotions."SHUT THE FUCK UP! I AM NOT A FUCKING NAZ-*BANG!*"

And the rest of the sentence was brutally interrupted by the gunfire... Coming from Rob's very own weapon. Bright flash filled the anteroom, blinding Rob for a moment. As both his seeing and hearing senses came back to him, his flashlight, which was lightening up the feet of the intruders after the redhead dropped it a while ago, now was showing him in full light the consequence of his panic and anger reaction, not to mention his itchy finger.

"...Fuck."
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

In all honesty, the only thing Paige could think about as Rob started to yell was how wrong she was. She was stressed, she was tired, and now, she didn't know what to do. She could hear...something. She could feel someone grab her arm. Jacob, it had to be. He could see it in Rob's eyes, as he tried to get Paige away, get her out of harms way. He knew, that after all this time, the one little trigger that would cause a collapse, to make him realise that his faith in his classmates was completely unjustified, was one scared little girl who didn't know the power of her words.

They barely got a foot away before an earth-shattering BANG ruptured their eardrums.

Conquistador your stallion stands
In need of company
And like some angel's haloed brow
You reek of purity

In their entire lives, they had never heard a real-life gunshot. The loudest noise that Jacob had ever really experienced was when a car, meant to be suspended with a jack, decided to slip. Metal had ground on the metal floor, and as it was held at such a height, the clanging and subsequent noise had been some of the loudest he had seen at that age.

It didn't register with them at first, the pain. For a few fleeting moments, it had only felt like they had been punched, Paige in the stomach, and Jacob in the leg. And then...the pain, the cippling agonizing pain that could only be connotated with a gunshot, came crashing into them.

Two bodies, two souls, fell to the ground.

I see your armour-plated breast
Has long since lost its sheen
And in your death mask face
There are no signs which can be seen

The miracle, or perhaps curse, of the caliber of Rob Jenkin's gun, was that the bullets were powerful. They each had force, no doubt about that fact, all bullets had force, that's how they did what they did. But the one shot fired by Rob Jenkins, which was now doing as much damage to two people as it would to one, did not stop when it punctured Paige Strand's stomach, ripping a hole through it like a sick woman with a box of tissues, but continued through at a slightly less fatal but ever continually dangerous speed, and lodged itself into Jacob's upper thigh, only just missing the femoral artery.

Seconds after they both fell, the bleeding began. Paige's stomach was now compromised - the wound she endured was fatal. She was going to die, yet did not realise it.

She could not comprehend the action that had taken place. Sure, she had goaded him into doing it, with her natural hatred for him and his certain point of view, but...he actually went through with it? He shot her? He wanted her dead?...why? What did he think it was going to solve? He'd just proven to everyone at home that she was right about him. She didn't want to be proof of that, yet here she lay, bleeding on the ground. Her bright, warm shirt was now growing redder and redder, on both sides as she could feel a pool of blood form beneath her.

And though I hoped for something to find
I could see no maze to unwind

No...no...no...please god no...

Her hands...she could move her hands, she knew that, at least at this moment. The pain was now like a knive, twisting and turning into her stomach, before she finally tried to move, in vain, to try and stop the bleeding. Her small fingers tried their best to cover the wound, gaping from beneath her shirt. But it was no use...

But-but I can't be, no! I still haven't...I needed to find them...they...never knew...and now...Jacob...they'll never know at all...

Paige Strand was an a basketcase of emotions right now. It had been almost 15 minutes since her parents had been called. With her past problems, and her emotional issues, and the schools knowledge of her constant need of attention, they all assumed that the incident at the pool was on purpose. No matter what she said, they didn't believe her. The same incident had almost been recreated months and months ago, but that time Aislyn and Alex hadn't been there to pull her out of the water, to save her.

After a few minutes of waiting, almost catatonically, he came. All he could do was stand there, in the doorway of the nurses office, for a few seconds, before coming forward and moving her into his arms.

She was so pissed right now, that she threw him off her.

"Paige..."
"You WEREN'T FUCKING THERE, JACOB!"
"I-I'm sorry P-"
"You know, ever since you've gotten those jobs, you've been seeing less and less of me. Where were you? What was SO important that you couldn't even stay there, with me, for about half an hour while I just practiced?"
"I...I had to work. They didn't have anyone else to cove-"
"So THAT's what it was? Just working? Do I not matter to you that much any more?"
"No! I didn't say tha-"
"I ALMOST DIED, JACOB! IF THAT AISLYN CHICK HADN'T BEEN THERE I WOULD BE DEAD!"
"Wh-what?"
"YEAH, didn't they tell you that? Apparently, since this is a "repeat incident" I can't swim there any more! They can't risk my safety any more than two times! So what am I supposed to do now, huh? Go running instead? I'm already better than anyone I know at that! And you're so slow you can't even keep up! What am I supposed to do, huh? Talk to David?"
"Paige, please, I'm really sorry, I didn't mea-"
"Just go, Jacob."
"What?"
"GO, LEAVE, DEPART, COMPRENDE? I'm waiting for Sebastian to pick me up. He's driving me home."

Jacob wanted to tell her the reason he wasn't there, to just announce it. But...he didn't. What he did do was stand up again, walk out the door, and down the hallways of Bayview Secondary School, almost close to tears. He screwed up big time. There was only a few weeks till the trip, and he needed that extra money. It wasn't much left, and he would need more of the extra money for, if it went to plan, when they left St. Paul forever.

Everything he did so far, he did for her. And he couldn't say one word.

Conquistador a vulture sits
upon your silver shield
and in your rusty scabbard now
the sand has taken seed

Black dots swarmed in her peripheral vision, and she knew that wasn't a good sign. But...she couldn't die now! She never told her parents, her siblings, Reiko, Amber...they would never know. She would die here, and they would weep, and they would never know what could have been.

For a moment there, all she could see where the black dots in her eyes moving around like mayflies, slowly getting bigger. All conscious parts of her body tried to deny it. She wasn't surviving this. Paigey Strand couldn't run from this. Her lies, her gossip, her scornings, and her emotional uncontrollable outbursts all struck back in the form of one angry basketballer who she couldn't resist a snipe at.

And though your jewel-encrusted blade
Has not been plundered still
The sea has washed across your face
And taken of its fill

In her last fleeting moments, she realised her place moments before the bullet struck. The pain...it wasn't just the front of her stomach, it was her back as well. When she was shot, she was standing...in front of Jacob! Jacob...she couldn't move, she couldn't see if he was okay. If she died now, she'd never know.

"Jay...."

Paige could barely croak out these words, her stomach pain now as painful as a hot knife slicing open her innards. Her hands were numb, almost as numb as her legs were. Despite the pain, or lack therof in her arms, she moved them up, past her eyes, the black dots almost about to block it out entirely. She needed to touch Jacob, to find him, to tell him how wrong and sorry she was about everything.

Her hand was enclasped in a large, rough hand. Her Jacob's hand.

Conquistador there is no time
I must pay my respect
And though I came to jeer at you
I leave now with regret

"Jay....I...know...now...you...did that all...for me...didn't you? It...was...all...for...me..."

Sounds erupted around her, but she couldn't hear anything more than a blur, a cacophony of sound that had no discernable features, or syllables, or anything worth hearing. Her fingers, with their last movements, unsheathed her ring, and let it fall into her lovers hands. She didn't know, she didn't care regardless, if anyone was watching at home. She couldn't think of one word to say to them. They would cry, they would tear, they would mourn for the rest of their lives, but she didn't care about it now. All she cared about, with her last thoughts, were of him. He needed to live, to survive, to make sure she was remembered forever. Please...was he alive?

And as the gloom begins to fall
I see there is no, only all
And though you came with sword held high
You did not conquer, only die

The nerves, the electronic impulses that were the scared little girl on the hallway floor finally stopped. The blood flow that released her from her body halted themselves. And thus, Paige Strand finally expired.

The little runner, who ran so far in her life from anything or anyone that tried to hurt her, had finally stopped.

I could see no maze to unwind...

G083: PAIGE STRAND - ELIMINATED
262 PLAYERS REMAINING...
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

...and Sarah had caught the whole thing on camera. The muzzle flash had blinded the students momentarily but the camera itself had caught the whole thing from start to finish.

When Paige and Jacob had entered the building Sarah had followed after a moment's hesitation. The comment about it not being safe on the streets struck a cord with her and she could feel that now familiar anxiety creeping up on her. She had moved to the side of the wall when the argument broke out, keeping the camera trained on the disagreement. It had escalated so fast she barely had time to react and she stood shocked as Paige crumpled and Jacob fell with her.

She could only watch in shock as the girl's face changed from a healthy dull pink to a faded white before and her eyes took on that glassy stare that was so commonly associated with death. Sarah couldn't really fathom what had happened; people were actually killing each other. Sure she made a grab for the gun back in the infirmary but she wasn't going to do anything with it, just scare the others off so she could think. While others scrambled and shouted she stood stock still, her feet rooted to the spot, her brain barely processing the events that had just happened.

"He... he's..." Sarah stuttered as she regained control of her movements once more. "STILL HERE!" She pointed at Rob and shrieked, scrambling back towards the wall, the camera still up, more habit that anything else. Pressed up against the wall she edged across, feeling with her free hand for a door, an exit, but to no avail.

With the shadows in the room and the amount of people filling the place Sarah was probably in little danger of being shot, but at present she was worried. Not hysterical like before, her body probably couldn't take another episode, but worried and scared. Rob had just shot a girl, which means he could do it again.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fanatic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

((Guessing from the old post order, it's my turn now again. If someone thinks I'm breaking the post order by posting too many times in a row, please notify me, and we'll sort it out somehow)).

As Paige's body hit the floor, billions of thoughts came through Rob's head, but neither of them were comprehensible. He just stared dumbfounded at the tragedy scene he just created, and watched as the girl he really didn't know before, stopped breathing after delivering her last words to her boyfriend, who was also shot by Rob's gun somehow.

From the pure, objective, survival point of view he created for himself after waking up on the island, he did the right thing. He eliminated a potential threat (more to his career rather than life, but still), who was supposed to die anyway at some point. To get out of here, he had to kill at least one person as well (unless the other finalist would be kind enough to kill himself), so putting all emotions aside, he had a good training before the final showdown.

But you cannot put those emotions away just like that, and thanks to them, Rob currently felt like the most worthless, pathetic piece of shit in the world.

There was no time for emotional rollercoaster though, as the time didn't stop, and other people around him were making moves as well. The first wake up call came from the girl he didn't notice before. She was holding something, that looked like a camera and shouted about Rob's presence, which sounded... Like a warning, or even cry for help delivered to someone. Her message to the others also reminded him of something else - someone with a gun standing outside. He had no idea who he was, or did he (or maybe THEY) even existed, but both Paige's and now the camera girl's words seemed to indicate that there really is someone out there, probably armed.

Shit, more trouble!

His reaction was quick and almost automatic. He pointed the gun he just used to kill Paige, right at the Camera Girl.

"YOU THERE, OUTSIDE! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT COMING IN, OR THAT GIRL DIES AS WELL, UNDERSTOOD?" As Rob noticed the guy with a paintball gun who called his name before, still standing in the anteroom, probably just as shocked as Rob himself, he quickly added, to distract the kid from pointing that gun at him (could be dangerous as well, you never know). "And you with that paintball thingy, don't move... Unless you want to help your bleeding buddy down there, in which case go ahead. Take him and go away."

Rob realized he sounded like a maniac, but he had to keep the 'backup' at bay, or else they would just waltz in and kill him in revenge. He can loathe himself and have breakdowns later. Now, all braincells were working on the survival. They weren't working properly though, as Rob simply forgot about clear exit through the kitchen.

Return to “The Residential Area”