Real Housewives of Mafia: Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

If we’re being put into a situation whether we are deciding between DM and Skraal, I’m probably leaning more towards Skraal. He’s posted 5 times in the thread and out of the 5, 2 have no contributions with regards to reads or anything to further the conversation. The reads he has provided tend to try and paint someone in mafia colours such as the rebuttals he provided for Rugga being seen as town and jumping on DM for his reads being unhelpful.

With regards to his criticism of DM’s reads, DM does have information and reasons as to why he is making those reads I.e. believing Toben is town due to being consistently engaged and productive. It is slightly like grasping at straws with how much flavour this game has alongside the realative dirth in activity until recently. I only voted cause I wanted to put pressure on DM to provide reads and while if he didn’t provide his reads I would’ve happily lynched him, he did provide the reads and his claim being generally safe makes me feel uncomfortable about voting for him just yet.

In general, it feels like Skraal’s posts have been more about keeping himself safe or passing the buck onto someone else rather than contributing reads about the entire town. Now, maybe he just feels like he doesn’t need to bring up everything and the kitchen sink, but it isn’t really helping much apart from shining the light on whomever is in the hot seat at the moment and I’d like to her some things from him with regards to who he thinks reads town for example. As I said before, this game’s activity has been less than stellar so we really need to have people’s voices and a wide variety of opinions.

While in an ideal world we’d have more time for Skraal to defend himself and discuss other possible targets, if it’s a choice between DM and Skraal, im gonna have to VOTE: SKRAAL.

In retrospect, I probably look bad as I’m jumping on a bandwagon, but I really don’t want to have another no lynch day and lose the game to inactivity. That would be like a really shitty ending.
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o
Memories: o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

I'm a little confused here.

First, you agree that on day 1, we have to aggressively push for a lynch even though there isn't much information to go on.

Then, you use the fact that I am aggressively pushing for a lynch as a reason that I should be lynched.

It doesn't make sense. I admit that I haven't played mafia in years, and I'm not familiar with how each member typically acts in games of mafia, but boogie's behaviour has been extremely erratic and unhelpful to town. Regardless of the fact that he eventually posted reads (which are mainly repeats of things that others have said before), his initial response to being prodded for reads derailed the town's conversation for a significant amount of time. Obviously, there isn't hard evidence that he's scum, since this is day 1 and we don't have much information, but if you agree that it's a good strategy to push for a lynch in the absence of such information, I don't see why me going after someone who has so far been extremely distracting and unhelpful is evidence that I should be the one lynched.
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Skraal wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:25 pm
his initial response to being prodded for reads derailed the town's conversation for a significant amount of time.
real talk, I was dying of school and didn’t have the energy to give reads, and I said that in my post. What did you want from me? Just like, that but with less memeing?
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

I believe Boogie’s reasoning because as mentioned before, this isn’t how I’ve seen him act as mafia and more so, I think his claim is good.

I’m staying on my vote since Skraal’s pushing on someone with a fairly decent claim, though there is a chance safe claims are in play
jimmydalad

Post by jimmydalad »

I’ve also stated my reasoning in that unless safe claims are definitely in play, which I’m not sure there should be considering the small number of players and limited power roles for town if were assuming 1 cop and potentially 1 doctor, I feel comfortable with DM’s claim considering Rugga has supported the read for Dorinda being Town from a lore perspective. While he may have been unhelpful before, at least we have a relatively reliable claim to go off.

I will admit I’m not so good into reading into intentions as I generally suck at that + internet medium is difficult in general, but he does seem highly frazzled and probably being more erratic than he could be should he actually be mafia.

As for why we’re pushing, as stated before, people don’t want to have another day where no kills happen and at the moment, the people that are shining under the spotlight are yourself and DM. DM has provided points to defend himself, but yo7 haven’t done so. Instead you’re trying to shine the light brighter on DM and I’m wondering whether that’s because you want to hide your true intentions in the shadows.

Maybe instead of talking about how DM is guilty, maybe talk about how you’re innocent or at least give us more reads than what you’ve given with DM.

For the moment, my vote is staying with Skraal.
[+] Version 7
Relationship Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=36632799/1/

Lukas Nielson - "Yes, Tina Dominica is my mom. No, my life isn't as interesting as you think it is." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o -> o -> o

Millicent "Milly" Rosenberg - "As much as I hate them, at least they make my life interesting." - Profile

Pregame: o -> o

Christine Summers - "Hey, let's just chill and enjoy each other, ok?" - Profile

Pregame: o
[+] Artsy Stuff by Other People
[+] Aria Samuels by Un-Persona
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Mimi
Here
[+] Lukas Nielson by Kotorikun
Here
[+] Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Cursed Milly Rosenberg by Mimi
Here
[+] Gremlin Christine by Kotori
Here
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

fwiw both me and skraal are at three votes right now

just putting that info out there

townpoints to fen and jimmy for being the loudest voices re: not letting us have another no-lynch day, imo
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Seems like things are getting a bit fuzzier right now. I'm aiming for at least one analysis-y post per day so that I can balance being active and not draining myself.

UNVOTE until I can process today's events a little bit more clearly. So by later this evening, I'll have a vote again.

To answer DM's question to me, I thought you seemed sketchy because I didn't really see a reason to postpone reads for a post. But now that I'm basically doing something similar I can look past it, maybe it was buying time. I guess it was the seemingly unrelated post afterwards that caught me off guard.
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

okay cool people are talking

i'm starting to lean off of scum feelings re: boogie primarily because of reasons rugga has stated, aka that he's more active and erratic than he usually is as mafia + what she said about flavor which i'm still trusting her on bc i'm still too lazy to look flavor stuff up. i definitely have felt and continue to feel like piling on him when he said specifically he'd come back with reads later and then saying immediately after that his reads weren't good enough and voting for him anyway wasn't a good look for anyone involved, which makes me side-eye jimmy, skraal, rugga and blizzard. i guess i can buy blizz's explanation, though honestly like a bunch of people have said things like "i'll post X later", because we are all (tragically) human people with lives and limited energy, so it still feels weird that it became an attack on boogs in particular? i guess because he was memeing but like its boogie. mind you like i said in my last post i'm still pretty neutral on boogie, just that i don't have any strong feelings in either direction atm.

jimmy i'm actually less suspect of because he cast the first vote. i'm somewhat mollified by his response post tho like, still side-eyeing, will reevaluate tomorrow. rugga i believe was just prodding boogie to speak and while again i don't really Like voting for someone because they arent posting fast enough she retracted her vote as soon as he claimed so i don't feel like she was trying to bandwagon. skraal on the other hand i'm a lot more suspect of. boogs was being prodded for reads, had two votes on him, came in with reads and skraal immediately piled on a third vote and a "those reads aren't good enough". that isn't a prod for more information, that's a call to lynch. i think it's a huge stretch to say that boogie has been "extremely distracting and unhelpful"; he didn't post his reads immediately. then he did. then you voted for him. i could agree with your argument maybe if you voted for him after he had shitposted a few times but even then i think it's a bit of a drastic stand to take.

yes, we should be lynching someone. inactivity in town is a good way to lose games. but latching onto evidence that barely even exists and then trying to push for a lynch on those grounds makes me uncomfortable, especially since you seem to be swinging from one target to the next, which strikes me as scummy behavior. scum doesn't care who gets lynched, so long as it's not them.

with all of that said, plus everything i've said previously:

VOTE: Skraal

that puts us within hammering range. with < 6 hours left in the phase i feel okay putting us there.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

~4 hours left to vote

@blizzard

@ricky
BlizzardeyeWonder

From what it seems, most people agree we should not have another no-lynch day. I guess it narrows down the pool of suspects, so there's one thing.

It's interesting how opinion shifted on Skraal, but to be fair, the fact that certain people agreed that killing kermit after being inactive was a ridiculous move didn't really exclude him from being mafia. I mean, that might have been the point, though that's not terribly likely. I've seen Skraal as mostly null with some mafia-ish-ness but not really ringing alarm bells (yet).The most mafia-ish guy i could see was Boogie, though it's less so now since I have some explanations for their behavior. That gives Skrall as the most mafia-ish in my opinion, with his scapegoating of Boogie. Is it scapegoating? Eh, I don't have a dictionary with me atm.

I understand that the clock is ticking here, both for the day to end and for me to go to bed, so I really should vote already.
VOTE: Skraal
[+] Meilin

Aesthetics
[+] Camilla

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
BlizzardeyeWonder

Another observation is how Boogie is prodding the game along by tagging-kinda Ricky and I when we haven't voted. Don't know if that will amount to anything, but I'll remember that.
[+] Meilin

Aesthetics
[+] Camilla

Aesthetics
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Coming up, on the Real Housewives of Mafia...

"So if you had to remove anyone from the group, who would it be?"

All the housewives looked around the room dramatically, as though prompted to by the production team and then edited to make things more dramatic than they actually are. Eventually, a voice popped up.

"I think...Magali?"

A few other people nodded. Suddenly, the Dutch Ice Queen of Cheshire dramatically gets up from the table and throws down.

"I don't need to put up with this! You're all gonna die and burn in hell!"

And then, she stormed off. Production looked around at each other, shrugged, then took a marker to a big clipboard of names.

"Alright, next scene!"

--

FIRED:
SKRAAL - MAGALI GORRÉ, TOWN DOCTOR

Vote count:

Votes:
Skraal (5): dmboogie, Ruggahissy, jimmydalad, Fenris, Blizzard
dmboogie (2): Skraal, MK Kilmarnock

No Vote: MurderWeasel

--

The night phase has now begun, and will resume at this time (or whenever everyone gets their night actions in):
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Previously, on the Real Housewives of Mafia...

Someone caused a ruckus at a charity gala!

"Say, Leeanne, isn't that someone wearing a stupid hat?"

"What? Nooo, no it's not. Wait, it is? What is their PROBLEM? DO THEY NOT KNOW THEIR CHARITY WORLD IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN TO THE TOILET! TAKE THAT HAT OFF!"

*further footage of Leeanne accosting some random charity attendee in an attempt to remove their hat has been withheld for audience safety*

"Ms. Locken, please stop assaulting your gala attendees."

"I'M GONNA GUT HER CARNIE STYLE IF SHE DOESN'T TAKE THAT HAT OFF!"

*even further footage of Leeanne Locken tossing a wine glass at the hat in an attempt to knock it off has also been withheld, but producers can confirm that she has now left the show in order to calm down a bit*

This week, on the Real Housewives of Mafia...

FIRED:

MURDERWEASEL - LEEANNE LOCKEN, VANILLA TOWNIE

STILL IN THE CAST:

1. Ruggahissy
2. jimmydalad
3. dmboogie
4. Fenris
5. Blizzard
6. MK Kilmarnock

Day 3 has begun and will run for 4 days.

6 alive means 4 to lynch.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

ok so uh thing that occurred to me during the night phase: if there were three members of the mafia we'd all already be dead? yesterday would have been mylo? none of us noticed? literally incredible. so i guess we've established that mafia is two people, unless there's like one mafia member but they're a god actually.

that's i guess the good news. the bad news is we are at mylo now.

i'll have more salient points tomorrow probably. toben was an obvious choice for nightkill and i don't have any immediate thoughts as to who to suspect based off of just that.
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

so uh

if you've got results, cop, now's the time to announce them

Return to “Mafia”