The 30th Song Contest Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell

its ya boy again

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

it's late but it's over
[+] goodbye, songs
14th. Superstar / Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do), submitted by Bukowski. It received 38 points, including one 10.
13th. My Girl Is Calling Me (A Liar), submitted by Jilly. It received 47 points, including two 8's and a public 10.
12th. Regretting What I Said to You When You Called Me at Eleven O'clock on a Friday Morning to Tell Me That at One O'clock Friday Afternoon You're Gonna Leave Your Office, Go Downstairs, Hail a Cab to Go out to the Airport to Catch a Plane to Go Skiing in the Alps for Two Weeks. Not That I Wanted to Go with You, I Wasn't Able to Leave Town, I'm Not a Very Good Skier, I Couldn't Expect You to Pay My Way, But After Going Out with You for Three Years, I Don't Like Surprises (A Musical Apology), submitted by Express Plush. It got 60 points, including one public 10.
11th. Richard II Or Extraordinary Popular Dimensions And The Madness Of Crowds (Responsible Hate Anthem), submitted by Toben. It got 63 points, including one 12, one 10, one 8, and one public 8.
10th. The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage, submitted by Kami. It got 69 points (nice) including one 10, one 8, one public 12, and one public 10.
the songs that made it will be in the finals

stay tuned for the finals it'll be like a couple minutes don't worry about it
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

it's the final time down

these people made it this far despite all the hardships:
brackie
dn
dodd
irene
kermit
mara
ricky
shiola, shiola
yugi
ares
cbp
deamon
fen
me
pip
rc
rugga
skraal
From the Mouth Of An Injured Head - Radical Face
Anthems For A Seventeen-Year Old Girl - Broken Social Scene
I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears And None On My Fingers - Fall Out Boy
Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? - Arctic Monkeys
New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down - LCD Soundsystem
I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You - Black Kids
hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it - Lana Del Rey
Plea From a Cat Named Virtute - The Weakerthans
You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison - My Chemical Romance
You Might Think He Loves You for Your Money but I Know What He Really Loves You for It's Your Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat - Death Grips
Harold T. Wilkins, Or How To Wait For A Very Long Time - Fanfarlo
The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness - The National
A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left - Andrew Bird
Your Heart Is A Muscle The Size Of Your Fist - Pat the Bunny
Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) - My Chemical Romance
Shield For Your Eyes, A Beast In The Well On Your Hand - Melt Banana
¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl) - Green Day
Sir B. McKenzie's Daughter's Lament For The 77th Mounted Lancers Retreat From The Straits Of Loch Knombe, In The Year Of Our Lord 1727, On The Occasion Of The Announcement Of Her Marriage To The Laird Of Kinleakie - Fairport Convention

one last time, send me votes via board pm or discord pm.

let's end the shebang on... 11:59 PM EST, 5/1/19.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

kept you waiting, huh
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

thanks for the songs and for indulging this dumbass theme lmao

first the DQs :(

DQ - New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down, submitted by Kermit. It got 36.5 points.
DQ - A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left, submitted by RC. It got 74 points, including one 12, and four 8's.

now everything else

16th - You Might Think He Loves You for Your Money but I Know What He Really Loves You for It's Your Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat, submitted by CBP. It got 30 points, including one 12.
15th - Shield For Your Eyes, A Beast In The Well On Your Hand, submitted by Deamon. It got 40 points points, including one 8.
14th - hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it, submitted by Brackie. It got 41 points, including an 8 and one public 12.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

we got more to go, so lets keep on going

13th - Your Heart Is A Muscle The Size Of Your Fist, submitted by me! It got 44 points, including a public 8.
12th - From the Mouth Of An Injured Head, submitted by Irene. It got 50.5 points, including two 10's and a public 10.
11th - I've Got All This Ringing In My Ears And None On My Fingers, submitted by pip. It got 53 points, including one 8.
10th - Harold T. Wilkins, Or How To Wait For A Very Long Time, submitted by DN. It got 61.5 points, including one 12, one 10, and one 8.
9th - Sir B. McKenzie's Daughter's Lament For The 77th Mounted Lancers Retreat From The Straits Of Loch Knombe, In The Year Of Our Lord 1727, On The Occasion Of The Announcement Of Her Marriage To The Laird Of Kinleakie - Fairport Convention, submitted by ricky. It got 64 points, including one public 10.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

the road is long and lonely and probably cold but we gotta keep walking to get to our destination so just like put a coat on and invest in some sensible boots

8th - You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison, submitted by skraal. It got 65 points, including a 12 and two 10's.
7th - ¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl), submitted by Yugi. It got 69 points (nice) including one 8.
6th - Anthems For A Seventeen-Year Old Girl, submitted by mara. It got 70.5 points, including four 12's.

post break for top 5
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

hope you enjoyed the break because we're almost at the end of the road but we gotta keep trucking for now okay

5th - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You, submitted by rugga. It got 76 points, including two 12's and an 8.
4th - Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na), submitted by Fen. It got 76 points, including two 12's, one 10, and one 8.
3rd - The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness, submitted by Dodd. It got 89 points, including a 12, four 10's, a public 12, and a public 8.

final two in the next post

it's between:
Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? - Arctic Monkeys
and
Plea From a Cat Named Virtute - The Weakerthans

between

shiola
and
ares
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

and the winner is

Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?, submitted by dan. It got 96 points, including three 10's and two 8's. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

2nd place was Plea From a Cat Named Virtute, submitted by Shiola, shiola. it got 94 points, including two 12's, two 10's, and two 8's.

alright that's all im out have a spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Return to “Song Contests”