SOTF Song Contest #29: Hip hop/rap

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

"Welcome, mmmhmm, to the 'Get Yo SONGTESTon Hotel'"

"How much for a room?"

"It's 10 dollars a minute, but you look like a five dollar brother"

"Thank you! We'll be right back..."

HOTEL GUESTS

1. Laurels Hill
2. Notorious T.O.B.
3. RC Hammer
4. Dr. Fen
5. International Players Slamthem
6. RugZa
7. B Boy Brackie
8. Boogie Smalls
9. ENDrick Lamar
10. Dan and the East Side Boyz
11. Rick Knight
12. Crossed Boisterous Pimp
13. AndrDe-amon 3000
14. Yung Dodd
15. 2Pan
16. Mikey Fats
17. Pharrel Jill-iams
18. Mac Skraal
19. PAIGENEXTDOOR

Rules are the same as last time. Vote or you will be DQed. Do not vote for yourself. People not in the round can public vote. Vote for your ten favorite staring with 12, then 10, then 8, then 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1.

This round will conclude on APRIL 17 at 10 PM PACIFIC TIME.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

ATTENTION: I have been house/dog sitting since Monday and I’m going home Wednesday. As such I haven’t had time to collect the votes together since I haven’t been home. The round was supposed to end tomorrow on the 17th but I’m extending to the 18th at 10 pm so I have extra time to organize when I finally get to be home.

Apologies for any inconvenience
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Hello, this is RugZa, repping for Wu-Tang. Thank you all for participating in this contest, it was truly ballin'. I liked all 10 of the songs I gave points to and was sad to have to give songs I liked no points. For the most part, you guys brought it.

Now, let us see how the rap battle is resolved....

[+] 19 to 16

DQ: Nasty Girl - The Notorious B.I.G. feat. Sean Combs, Nelly, Jagged Edge, Avery Storm submitted by Endy. It received 43 points including two 8s.

18 Day N Nite by Kid Cudi submitted by Dr. Fen. It received 26 points.
17. Inochi by Izumi Makura submitted by Pharrel Jill-iams. It received 30 points including one 12.
16. Baby I’m Bleeding - JPEGMAFIA submitted by Andr-Deamon 3030. It received 34 points including a 12 and a 10.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

[+] 15 to 11

15. The Beigeness - Kate Tempest submitted by RC Hammer. It received 35 points including an 8, a 10, and a 12.
14. Can’t C Me - 2Pac submitted by 2Pan. It received 37 points including an 8.
13. Running Off At Da Mouth - Twista submitted by Rick Knight. It received 40 points including a 10.
12. Hacker - Death Grips submitted by Mac Skraal. It received 43 points including a 12.
11. Kick, Push - Lupe Fiasco submitted by Dan and the East Side Boys. It received 45 points including an 8.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

[+] 10 to 6

10. Coffee - Aesop Rock feat. that guy from Mountain Goats I guess submitted by Mikey Fats AKA Kermmy Kerm and the Funky Bunch. It received 47 points including a 12.
9. Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz feat. De La Soul submitted by International Players Slamthem. It received 52 points including two 12s, a 10 and an 8.
8. Lose Control - Missy Elliot feat. Ciara and Fatman Scoop submitted by Laurels Hill. It received 53 points including two 10s and an 8.
7. Hop for the Hip - KC Roberts & the Live Revolution submitted by Yung Dodd. It received 56 points including an 8, a 10 and a 12.
6. Uneven Compromise - Lil Ugly Mane submitted by Crossed Boisterous Pimp. It received 58 points including two 12s.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

[+] 5 to 3

5. Venom - Little Simz submitted by B Boy Brackie. It received 64 points including a 10 and an 8.
4. Nobody Speak - DJ Shadow feat. Run the Jewels submitted by PAIGENEXTDOOR. It received 84 points including three 10s, a 12 and an 8.

3. 3030 - Deltron 3000 submitted by THE NOTORIOUS T.O.B. It received 89 points including two 10s, a 12 and three 8s!
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

[+] END

A woman in a huge fur coat with a posse of strippers exited her bouncing car to meet the skeleton in a purple zebra hat on the street that night. She dismissed the posse with a wave of the hand and the skeleton checked the enormous clock he was wearing as a necklace for some reason. West coast vs. East Coast....ish..... (Michigan).

"IN MY OWN CONTEST?

YOU'VE GOT A- YOU'VE GOT A- YOU'VE GOT A LOT- A LOT OF NERVE! "

"I'M- I'M NOT TRYING TO TRICK YOU! I'M TRYING- I'M TRYING- I'M TRYING TO HELP!"

[+] 1 and 2
Second place is B.O.B by Outkast submitted by RugZA which received 96 points including two 12s, three 8s and a 10 which means our winner is

BOOGIE SMALLS WITH NONE SHALL PASS BY AESOP ROCK

It received 112 points including a 12 from me, some other 12 and five 10s. You are the hip hopping-est!
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Return to “Song Contests”