7.1 The Northern Beach

The first version of Discord Of The Fittest, known now as V0.
SOTF: Discord

7.1 The Northern Beach

Post by SOTF: Discord »

This half of the beach has much more rock and places where entering the water is much harder. Since it is a bit away from the city, the younger islanders used it fairly often to hang out without adult supervision, and as a result some signs of campfires or broken glass bottles can occasionally be found by the rocks where the teens would gather. Apart from that, the northern beach is almost completely devoid of any human signs due to being further away from the city.
SOTF: Discord

Post by SOTF: Discord »

[+] Act I Scene II
Bill Tremble wrote:Professor Fether — 11/23/2021 11:11 AM
Name: Act I, Scene II
Time: Day Two
Bill Tremble wrote:Professor Fether — 11/23/2021 11:17 AM
Enter BILL, strolling down the beach, spear in hand.

BILL: Well. Well! That was something, wasn't it? That was really something.

...Not sure what, though.

Hey you, Danya, do you have a face for radio, I wonder? Try putting a little more spin on it. Some zazz! When I die, I want my name announced with zazz.

...Won't be around to hear it, I suppose, so you don't have to. But take it into consideration, will you?
Bill Tremble wrote:Professor Fether — 01/15/2022 12:41 AM
BILL shields his eyes with a hand and looks around with exaggeration, as though DANYA may at any moment appear.
Tad Livingston wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 01/15/2022 1:15 PM
((Tad Livingston continued from Come Fly With Me))

Tad was more quieter since he had heard about his best friend's death and he couldn't believe that Alexis was really gone. Fuck, he had failed her, huh? He was feeling too down to even make some jokey snark at the cameras or whatever.

He glanced at the beach as he was walking towards it and he saw some guy. He felt almost tempted to leave as he wasn't in a good mood to be evil, but....

He squinted a little.

"Hey...!" He called out to Bill who was a bit of a distance away from him.
Tad Livingston wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 01/22/2022 6:29 PM
Tad found himself frowning and he was feeling impatient, waiting for an answer. He felt tempted to stab the guy a million times there, but going complete psycho mode after losing his best friend sounded like a really bad idea.

"Hey, you...!" He yelled louder and he slowly moved forward towards Bill.
Grayson Emile wrote:kotorikun — 01/24/2022 4:07 PM
((The grey sky looked ugly today after Grayson continued from Where the Crawdads Sing. They had finished their song.))

Maybe it wasn't that ugly objectively, but Grayson refused to look at it. Not that he could make out any details; his eyes felt even worse after the little nap he had gotten in one of the empty beach houses.

And yet there was a certain strut in his walk, spoon in his left hand, knife in his right. Dried blood and gash across his nose, some of it on his clothes.

Tad's voice was annoying.

He looked at his left hand, then at his right, then at the ground; it looked like the wind that had picked up during the night had brought him a perfect stick to throw towards the other two.
Bill Tremble wrote:Professor Fether — 01/30/2022 10:24 PM
BILL looks at the newcomer only after his second call.

BILL (aside): Oh. I have company, then. Really would do to pay more attention. You never know what sorts might be skulking around.

BILL waves to TAD. He is not yet aware of the other nearby.

BILL: Hello there! Please excuse me—I was thinking to myself.

How are you holding up? Not too crushed by the enormity of it all, I hope?
Tad Livingston wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 01/31/2022 5:34 AM
Tad was finally getting attention from the guy and he almost cringed when the guy waved at him. He raised his hand awkwardly but he didn't wave it back. He had even seen Grayson yet as the other boy was out of his line of sight.

"Not gonna lie, everything is pretty fucked, dude." He commented bluntly and he then glanced at the sea for a brief moment and then back at Bill. "My best friend is fucking dead. So there's that. But how are you doing yourself, man?"
Grayson Emile wrote:kotorikun — 01/31/2022 6:06 AM
Grayson squinted his eyes.

Three figures? He wasn't sure anymore. At least he could tell the general direction, and that's when he threw the tree branch that was right by his feet towards them with all his might.

It was to get their attention more than anything but if it hit someone in the head it would be fine by him too.
Bill Tremble wrote:Professor Fether — 02/07/2022 12:43 AM
BILL: Me? Oh, I'm just great, you know? This is the adventure of my life! The thrills! The drama.

...horrible, honestly.

In fact, I—

BILL is caught in the arm by a tree branch whirling in from stage left, and stumbles, the spear dropping to the sand.
Tad Livingston wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 02/08/2022 6:56 AM
Tad knew that the guy was being sarcastic as fuck with him and he was about to cut in on his words. But a tree branch stopped him from doing so as it had smacked the guy in the arm and made his weapon drop to the ground. He was tempted to steal it, but he was doing good to resist that impulse.

He turned to look right at Grayson and he let out a cheery laugh of disbelief.

"What the hell was that, my dude? You trying to start a fight or something, hm?"
Grayson Emile wrote:kotorikun — 02/11/2022 5:51 PM
"Your dumb laugh makes me want to fight you, yes." Grayson replied while moving closer, grumbling. Now he could see them more clearly. A spark of confidence was being thrown.

"What about you?" He pointed the spoon at Bill, his other hand, the knife, lowered. "Are you gonna laugh too?"
Bill Tremble wrote:Professor Fether — 02/13/2022 10:59 PM
BILL: Hah!

BILL kneels, reaching for the spear.
Tad Livingston wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 02/15/2022 5:10 AM
"Well, fuck you too, mate." Tad let out a small huff at Grayson and he felt a small pang of excitement at the thought of a fight taking his mind off of Alexis. "Hah. Well, at least this will be more..."

He dug his shoes into the sand, grinding it under his feet tightly.

"....Fun!"

He lunged himself as fast as he could at Grayson, raising the screwdriver to strike at the other boy.
Grayson Emile wrote:kotorikun — 02/19/2022 3:19 PM
The audacity of Bill's boldness was truly striking, Grayson found. He straightened his back, a quick sniffle, his mind reaching a point of no return. Though there was no time for thoughts since it was cut short by Tad's attack.

CLANG

Grayson let out a short cry when the screwdriver scraped his hand when he blocked it as much as he could with both of his weapons. He jumped backwards in that moment and he moved to the side of his attacker swiftly, closer to Bill. He wasn't going to let him get away from this either.
Tad Livingston wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 02/24/2022 8:57 AM
Tad had managed to hit Grayson and he had a big smirk on his face. He stopped himself from moving forward by sliding on the sand a little. He noticed Grayson moving away quickly and he could see the blood on the end of his screwdriver.

Good, good. I really, really want to shank his ass. Little twerp!

Tad turned and noticed that Grayson was very close to Bill, making Tad laugh a little maniacally.

"Oh, oh? Are you gonna use him as a shield, Grayson? How fun, fun, fun!!"

He lunged at him once again, not caring if he got hurt in the process.
Bill Tremble wrote:Professor Fether — 02/25/2022 12:07 AM
BILL: A shield?

BILL stands, spear brandished in front of him, and paces around GRAYSON.

BILL: I fancy myself more of a sword.
Grayson Emile wrote:kotorikun — 03/01/2022 1:18 PM
"And I fancy myself a dual wielder, bitch."

He growled and his hand was stinging, bleeding, the pain radiating through his arm. Grayson found that it only made him feel stronger for this pas de trois.

While trying to dodge Tad, he rushed forward and swung at Bill.
Tad Livingston wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 03/01/2022 2:50 PM
"God, you fuckers are sooooo....!"

Tad didn't stop his speed and he noticed that Grayson was aiming for Bill instead of him. The true threat! What a fucking fool...!

"Fucking-"

He plowed right into Grayson and he inserted the screwdriver right into Grayson's side, feeling it strike something inside of Grayson. Bone? Heh! Good, fucking good!

"-Cheesy as hell!"
Bill Tremble wrote:Professor Fether — 03/01/2022 2:54 PM
BILL: Fitting, since you have a battle for each hand.

BILL approaches GRAYSON.

They fight.

BILL is mortally wounded.

BILL: Argh...
Grayson Emile wrote:kotorikun — 03/03/2022 12:22 PM
It felt hot. Was the pain even settling in properly? Grayson couldn't tell, focusing on the wound he had inflicted on his worthy opponent.

His legs were slowly giving in.
Tad Livingston wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 03/03/2022 12:33 PM
Tad felt himself smiling wickedly as he saw that Bill was badly wounded by Grayson and Grayson had collapsed to the ground. He did it. HE HAD WON!

"Hah! Too easy...."

He felt like doing a little victory dance, but then he paused for thought. He needed to check and make sure that Grayson was really dead. He couldn't make the same mistake like he did with his first kill.

He moved closer to Grayson, keeping the screwdriver ready. He leaned over slightly to observe the damage he had done to Grayson.
Grayson Emile wrote:kotorikun — 03/03/2022 12:55 PM
Fool.

He didn't need to open his eyes anymore for this one. Grayson wished he could enjoy the ocean sounds without the groans of the others, but he could take one more from Tad.

.... the knife moved upwards.
Tad Livingston wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 03/03/2022 1:03 PM
A bigger mistake was made.

He felt the knife impacting right between his stomach and his chest and his eyes widened. He should have known that he was going to fuck up. Shit, shit, shit! Now he couldn't go back home for Alexis and her family....

He could taste the bitterness of blood.

"Little... bitch...." He murmured as he coughed weakly and he pulled himself away from the knife. It was painful as fuck. *Ngrh....!"

He didn't feel anger towards Grayson. He just wanted to get even.

He stuck the screwdriver right into Grayson's stomach and he collapsed beside him, getting the gross taste of sand in his mouth.
Grayson Emile wrote:kotorikun — 03/03/2022 1:28 PM
Grayson felt that and it wasn't pretty. And yet, he couldn't help but chuckle when he heard the loud thud of a fallen Tad.

"Je~.... t'ai~.... eu~...."

His laughter stopped at some point, his head stopped moving halfway when turning it towards Bill.

Grayson didn't mind the ocean waves taking him to the next world where he could continue his adventures as Spoon Boy.

B018 Grayson Émile: Departed
Tad Livingston wrote:Undead Sweetheart | Tad, Evan — 03/03/2022 1:56 PM
Gotcha.

Those were the guy's last words that Tad heard from his mouth and he let out a small chuckle himself, feeling the pain overwhelming him more and more. He wanted to make a comment back, but he could feel the darkness taking over more and he was feeling more numb.

"....I s-still won..."

He moved his hand so that it was resting on Grayson's chest and he was already gone.

"...Heh...."

Tad went out with a smirk on his face.

B012 - Tad Livingston - Deceased
Bill Tremble wrote:Professor Fether — 03/04/2022 8:22 PM
BILL groans.

BILL: Well... well, that's that. That is very much that.

That is, I...

Urgh.

I always thought that, you know, I'd have some sort of speech ready to go out on. Or at least an audience.

Well, but you do with what you have. And what I have is—urgh—quite a bit less blood than I did before.

BILL is silent for a time, lying in the sand and staring at the ocean.

BILL: And, and zazz, Danya. Remember the...

Urgh.

I just...

I can't quite believe I made it this far. Always ran late for my exits. Enjoyed the spotlight.

Za...

B021 - Bill Tremble - Deceased

Return to “V0 Archive”