I give out ideas for free- a character creation help desk

Helping you with your characters!

Discuss anything and everything that has to do with SOTF here -- from your favorite character to comments and suggestions about the site! This forum also contains roleplaying guides for your benefit!
Yonagoda

I give out ideas for free- a character creation help desk

Post by Yonagoda »

Do you need a name? A hobby? An appearance? Well, drop them here and I'll give my (finally solicited) advice! Anything's fine, really- from what shoes they wear to their deepest, darkest fears to asking me to come up with an entire character concept.
[+] v8 babies
Noah Karimi-Danya- Better than you think

Giselle Modisette- Nothing's wrong

Isaiah Flanagan- Apologize

Lorenza/o Araya- Narcissistic self hatred

Betty Sadberry- Re-empathize

Erika Takahashi-Schaff- Everything's beautiful
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Come up with a kid for me, I'm curious.
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

KamiKaze wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:37 am Come up with a kid for me, I'm curious.
They destroyed so many things when they’re young. Hurted so many people, and a few animals, too. It wasn’t like they liked it- but the rage just overtook them. And sure, they could say that they’ve “grown out of it,” but even now, they couldn’t just bury all that anger under a cute aesthetic and the soft blankets they’ve knitted and thousands upon thousands of fake apologies. Some day, it’ll bubble out, but for now they just laugh and pray and say they’re sorry for who they used to be.
[+] v8 babies

Zetsu

Post by Zetsu »

hmmm...what's my character's quirk?
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Zetsu wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:45 pm hmmm...what's my character's quirk?
They're bendy. Very bendy. And when they crack their knuckles, which they do a lot, it's just a tiny little bit scary how their fingers bend in a direction that they probably shouldn't.
[+] v8 babies

Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Gimme one kiddo
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Melusine wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:13 pmGimme one kiddo
They’ve never really known who they were. Ever since they were little, they loved the characters in the books and the TV screen so much that they became the characters themselves. One day they’re this, and another day they’re that. Every part of them is moldable- they change their wigs, they change their clothes, they change their voice, they change their gender, they change their personality. It’s tiring to stay the same person for long- not when there are so many others that they’d like to be like. Sometimes they feel guilty. Sometimes they feel like a liar. Sometimes they feel as if nobody will love who they really are, especially since they don't even know themselves. But high school’s the time for experimentation, right? So maybe they can settle on a more permanent character to be later, and continue with the wigs and lies this year.

tldr: I think I accidentally created a kinnie version of blaise whoops
[+] v8 babies

Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Yonagoda wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:02 am
Melusine wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:13 pmGimme one kiddo
They’ve never really known who they were. Ever since they were little, they loved the characters in the books and the TV screen so much that they became the characters themselves. One day they’re this, and another day they’re that. Every part of them is moldable- they change their wigs, they change their clothes, they change their voice, they change their gender, they change their personality. It’s tiring to stay the same person for long- not when there are so many others that they’d like to be like. Sometimes they feel guilty. Sometimes they feel like a liar. Sometimes they feel as if nobody will love who they really are, especially since they don't even know themselves. But high school’s the time for experimentation, right? So maybe they can settle on a more permanent character to be later, and continue with the wigs and lies this year.

tldr: I think I accidentally created a kinnie version of blaise whoops
thats mental illness, thanks
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Melusine wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:54 am thats mental illness, thanks
Um... You're, uh, welcome?

I hope I did well
[+] v8 babies

Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Yonagoda wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:50 am
Melusine wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:54 am thats mental illness, thanks
Um... You're, uh, welcome?

I hope I did well
A++ it gives a reason to play another unhinged and lonely girl
Skraal

Post by Skraal »

I'll take one, if you still have any!
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 5
Characters:
Timothy Abrams
Weapon: Replica Flamethrower
Current Status: Deceased
Kyle Fitzpatrick
Weapon: Bulletproof Vest
Eliza Patton (Adopted from laZardo)
Weapon: M-1 Garand
[+] Survival of the Fittest Version 7
Characters:
Oliver Lacroix Current Status: Deceased
William "Bill" Dover Current Status: Deceased
Salvatore "Sal" Bonaventura (Adopted by Ohm) Current Status: Alive
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

Skraal wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:19 am I'll take one, if you still have any!
Sure!

They were talented. Gifted. Special. Whatever you call it, they were really, really good at one thing. They’d like to think that it’s all their hard work ever since they were little, but their genes and/or their parents probably had a huge play in it. It isn’t really a super important or common thing, and it isn’t really something that most people would consider to be a huge achievement to be good at, but it’s been their whole life, what they woke up and worked and breathed for. They have a whole career planned around it. They base their entire identity around it. Some people say that they’re obsessed, and others say that they’re a freak, a weirdo, or maybe just a normal kid with a single hobby they spend too much time on, but fuck what everybody else says. They’re one of the best people they know when it comes to this one thing, and they have awards and trophies and their own pride to return to by the end of the day.
[+] v8 babies

MethodicalSlacker

Post by MethodicalSlacker »

I'll also take one
[+] Recommended Reading Order
—The Heaven Panel—

Image / Image - G051: Lili Williams: 1. Kidnapped from her school trip and thrown into a horrific death game, Lili wanders the wasteland in search of her past life before it slides away from her for good.

Meanwhile 1. From Here On Out [Complete] Marie Bernstein eats ice cream with her friend and gets a text message.

Image / Image - B043: Arthur Bernstein: 2. Arthur watches the waters from the beach, knowing that their presence spells death. Seeking his sister's comfort, he takes up the spear and walks alongside another.

Meanwhile 2. Colorless [Complete] A family reunion under less than ideal circumstances. When trying to unravel the mystery of her brother's death at the hands of esoteric serial terrorists, Marie discovers more than she bargained for.

——The Earth Panel——

𝄇

Image - G026: Liberty "Bert" Wren: 3. It is happening again. To make things right, Bert must understand where things went wrong.

Image - B049: Max Rudolph: 4. The words we use to construct our realities often also make up the links in our chains. Fleeing a vision, Max builds his most elaborate prison yet.

Image - B032: Lucas Diaz: 5. A life lived through the views of others. In pursuit of revenge and his own death, Lucas Diaz interrupts the falling of many dominos.

Meanwhile 3. Because We Love You [Complete] Selections from a Google Drive, never to be logged into again.

Meanwhile 4. The Lines We Draw [Complete] In the process of collecting his brother's memories, Milo Diaz has a fitful morning.

Image - G007: Violet Schmidt: 6. The stars in the night sky do not make pictures. Breathing on both sides of the water, Violet Schmidt journeys to escape the confines of her own mind, and her reality.

Meanwhile 5. Years of Pilgrimage [???] Dana Schmidt is dreaming.

Meanwhile 6. Colorless II [Ongoing] Charlie Bernstein returns to the desert and finds it empty.

Meanwhile 7. Writing the Enigma [Ongoing] Randy Rudolph provides lodgings for Marie Bernstein as she investigates Survival of the Fittest, the city of Chattanooga, and the meaning of water.
———The Hell Panel———

𝄌
¿

[+] Other Threads
Virtual Pilgrimage: Exploring the Pregame Cities of SOTF
Yonagoda

Post by Yonagoda »

MethodicalSlacker wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:13 pm I'll also take one
Mom and dad always told them that ever since they could laugh, they did it all the time. It felt like a gift, sometimes, how happy they were! And, sure, sometimes people think that they’re faking it, or that they’re oblivious and naïve, or they’re suffering from a “major lack of empathy” or whatever, but the truth is that they just never really felt that sad before and they straight up couldn’t understand how people could just feel so negative all the time. Life has been great for them, and when things go wrong they just laugh it off and get over it- so why are other people complaining?
[+] v8 babies

Return to “Roleplaying Discussion”