Blizzard Does Singing Now??

always has :gun:

Welcome to Artist's Alley! Within, our forum's aspiring artists can showcase their artwork -- be it drawings, sketches, poetry, writings, or any other creative works.
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Ooh, this batch is really nice too. I actually know the Fiona Apple original, and you did an excellent job with it! You've got really nice flow, especially with the quick-fire parts. I'm impressed at how you manage to keep your intonation so varied while singing it, and how you even managed to get the waver there.

I don't know Hozier as well, but you do a great job here too, especially keeping a song that has a lot of repetition fresh and vital. I'm amazed by just how confident you always manage to sound while singing unaccompanied, too.

You have a good mournful sound on Love Is War. It's cool hearing you take a slower, more melancholic style on this one, suitably gloomy given the content.

You get variation while still being slower on Sweater Weather. I'm blown away by how long you were able to stretch the cold/hold notes. That's a skill you can do a bunch with, especially when you're able to swing straight from it into the rest of the song without missing a beat.

The speed on My Bad Alice works well as a contrast to that! There was a little bit of ambient noise in the background of this one that also produced a cool effect, actually—almost like a faint improv accompaniment at the start.

Sweet Little Lies is quick and breezy with a dark edge, which I enjoy a lot.

The Paramore song, meanwhile, is a lot more celebratory and confident. You do a great job staying upbeat and maintaining forward momentum.

You did an awesome job here again! You're really really good.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

My parents have been asking me to do singing stuff lately, but I've still been practicing on my own too. Not too many covers lately, but I do have something.

Goddess - Cepheid (short)

[dionysus cover under reconstruction]
[+] Meilin
Meilin Zhou (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: life observes itself
-->Pregame Status: Waltzed out a party with her crush
>Prom Start: Fancy Meeting You Here
-->Prom Status: Taking a dance, taking on the world
>Trip Start: The Best of You
-->Trip Status: Running away from an eyeful of NSFW
>Game Start: Rise Great Undead Lord Dread
-->Game Status (FINAL): Stop hitting yourself

Aesthetics
"No sun to rise would be okay with me... Everyday, every day is okay"
[+] Camilla
Camilla Bell (Wiki) - DEAD

>Pregame Start: Who's Turn Was It, Anyway?
-->Pregame Status: Had more than her fair share of revelry
>Prom Start: Early in the Morning
-->Prom Status: Ditching the drama for blues
>Trip Start: When I'm Gone
-->Trip Status: Preemptively homesick
>Game Start: Bloom Nobly, in a Transient Life
-->Game Status (FINAL): Loved to death.

Aesthetics
"A voice in her head, a voice in her head, screaming all the words that were left unsaid"
BlizzardeyeWonder

Post by BlizzardeyeWonder »

Two new covers because i'm procrastinating on my theory homework

As It Was - Hozier

Howl - Florence + The Machine

Return to “Artist's Alley”