Song Contest Number Fifty-One: The Tarot-Test

SOTF's own Eurovision-style song contest. Submit songs that fit the theme and get mercilessly judged on your taste in music here.
Jace

Post by Jace »

I'm in and promise I will not forget this time <3
Pancapples

Post by Pancapples »

Yesyesyes, in
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

All right everybody! I see we've got 13 people waiting in line, here, let's just get a quick headcount...
Brackie
Deamon
dmboogie
Emprexx Plush
Espi
Fenris
Jace
MethodicalSlacker
MurderWeasel
Pippi
Slamexo
Yugikun
Zarina
Excellent! Now, I hope everybody has their cards at the ready! I've got mine, and at the very top of the deck we have...
This allows me to draw two cards from my deck, and ad-

Huh? What do you mean, that's the wrong set of cards?

Urgh, whatever, whilst I get this sorted out, here's some music or whatever.
1) Under The Surface - Lacuna Coil - The Moon
[+] Explanation
i am representing it as the moon arcana in that it is a song about deceiving others and deluding yourself, creating a false identity that you can no longer escape yourself
2) Blast Doors - Everything Everything - The Emperor
[+] Explanation
DOWN IN MY BEAST HEART, I BUILD AN EMPIRE
3) The Yawning Grave - Lord Huron - The Fool (Reversed)
[+] Explanation
it's for The Fool tarot, about a person disregarding set norms/rules and most likely facing consequences in addition to whatever they gain
4) Gone Guru - Lifeseeker - The Hierophant
[+] Explanation
SOPHIE RICHARDS IS DEAD
5) Dr. Sunshine Is Dead - Will Wood & The Tapeworms - Death
[+] Explanation
I swear it has nothing to do with the "dead" in the song title. The Death tarot card is strongly associated with change and transformation, and this song is from the narrative point of view of a man who has been through some traumatic nightmare demon shit and has been permanently changed by the experience.
6) King of Swords (Reversed) - The Dear Hunter - King of Swords (Reversed)
[+] Explanation
This song comes in from the middle of the fourth part of a five-concept-album (well, eventually six, but the last isn't out yet) narrative, and details the protagonist's simultaneous success and fall from grace. An increase in personal power and opportunity comes initially as a way to try to fix things, make the world right, etc., but very quickly becomes an excuse to revel in privilege and engage in payback--all under the guise of "doing good," of course. This ties to the more negative aspects of the reversed king, which speak to abuse of power and manipulative, exploitative tendencies.
7) Christ is Dead - Crypt Sermon - The Tower
[+] Explanation
It represents the upright tower because they are lost and christ is dead
8) Eat That Up, It's Good For You - Two Door Cinema Club - Judgement
[+] Explanation
One of the themes represented by Judgement is of second chances, and I feel this song showcases that excellently - it focuses on somebody who, after the end of a relationship, turns to drink and drugs to cope - but with the help of those around them, it's shown there's every likelihood they can break that cycle and start again
9) Dying in LA - Panic! at the Disco - X of Swords

10) Better in Blak - Thelma Plum - V of Cups
[+] Explanation
"The V of Cups card is one that represents dealing with grief and loss - in much the same way, Better in Blak is a song about dealing with cultural grief and loss. The singer is battling with a country and its people who refuse to see her as a person, only as her race, which is something indigenous populations all over the world have had to struggle with due to having their agency taken from their own lives by centuries of colonialism. She is not Thelma Plum - she is a waste, she is a drunk, she is wrong about her own experiences as an Aboriginal woman."
11) Empire - Of Monsters and Men - The Empress
[+] Explanation
It's a song about nurturing love which is in line with the Empress representing a nurturer. At least that's how I interpret the lyrics!
12) Mind Games - Sickick - VII of Swords
[+] Explanation
The Seven of Swords is commonly used to represent deception, manipulation, and strategy. What is lost in my opinion in many common reads is that in keeping with the active energy of the Swords Arcana, the deception of the Seven of Swords is self-satisfied. It is about control and unspoken dominance, getting away with moves that shape your surroundings with no one noticing the change at all. Many depictions of the seven of swords show a thief absconding with blades for an unknown purpose, because the act of unseen theft, unseen and uninhibited manipulation, is reward enough without elaboration.
13) 浴室 - Shiina Ringo x Saito Neko - Death
[+] Explanation
This song refers to death a lot, both in the textual references to the singer having a dream in which the person holding her affection dies, her own requests to be cut open underwater, and the reveal in the last lines of the song that it refers to the metaphorical death of a relationship, as her former lover has met someone new, sealing away any chance at reconciliation.

Please vote for your 10 favourites from this round! Your favourite song gets 12 points, your second gets 10, your third gets 8, then 7, 6, 5, etc. The top 9 songs from this round move onto the final!

This round will end on JANUARY 29TH, at 6PM EST/11PM GMT!
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Let this be a lesson to some of you.
[+] THE TOWER
13th: Christ is Dead - Crypt Sermon, submitted by Deamon, which received 37 points, including one 8.
12th: Dying in LA - Panic! at the Disco, submitted by Jace, which received 39 points, including one 12.
11th: Under the Surface - Lacuna Coil, submitted by Espi, which received 40 points, including three 8s.
10th: 浴室 - Shiina Ringo x Saito Neko, submitted by MethodicalSlacker, which received 44.5 points, including a 10.
Which means the rest of you are free to carry on picking up swords. For now.
[+] THE SUN
Blast Doors - Everything Everything
The Yawning Grave - Lord Huron
Gone Guru - Lifeseeker
Dr. Sunshine Is Dead - Will Wood & The Tapeworms
King of Swords (Reversed) - The Dear Hunter
Eat That Up, It's Good For You - Two Door Cinema Club
Better in Blak - Thelma Plum
Empire - Of Monsters and Men
Mind Games - Sickick
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Okay, well, I've got a brand new deck of cards here! Cost me a fortune it did. Hopefully it's the right set this time! Now, let's see, who have we got here...

Blizzard
Buko
Jilly
Laurels
LordOfAwesome
Maraoone
MK Kilmarnock
Pancapples
Primrosette
Ruggahissy
Skraal
Spindarene
Great, cool. Now, quick check of the deck, and...

Huh.

Well, it explains the cost at least. I'll put some more music on and try and find an actual tarot deck...

1) The Magician - Peter Gundry - The Magician

2) Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels) - Arcade Fire - The Fool
[+] Explanation
this song honestly conveys a sense of innocence, childhood-like bliss to me??? but also a sense of uncertainty, since the song is about them planning for their future, but being very unsure about what that future holds exactly, so i think this song fits with The Fool
3) 74 - Toby Fox and Itoki Hana - The Moon
[+] Explanation
it's a story that plays into the "hero saving a damsel in distress" narrative, except it isn't as simple as what it seems at face value which corresponds to the theme of illusions and deception associated with the Moon arcana
4) Death's Diary - Marc Almond - Death
[+] Explanation
It was inspired by the Death card. I know that in tarot, the death card doesn't always mean death, and that it can mean change and new beginnings as well. But for some reason I felt like this song fit, especially because both tarot and this song personify death, making it into a character in different ways.
5) Turtles All The Way Down - Sturgill Simpson - The Magician

6) Blood Sweat & Tears - BTS - The Devil
[+] Explanation
You see! The Devil is about addiction and restriction yes? Namely restriction more by one's own obsessive desires and addictions than anything external. I figure this is a big part of the dynamic portrayed in Blood Sweat and Tears.
7) Lust Demons - Ab-Soul (feat. Jay Rock and Bj the Chicago Kid) - The Devil
[+] Explanation
The song focuses on temptation both in terms of the carnal and in terms of vices--but also focuses upon letting go and succumbing to that same temptation. Embracing the internal demon in order to achieve higher purpose or understanding
8) Oh Death - Jen Titus - The Tower

9) My Moon My Man - Feist - The Moon
[+] Explanation
It's representative of the moon because the singer compares her lover to the moon saying he changes frequently. Further, she seems to be unwilling to face that the person is not right for her by begging him to shine his moonlight on her.
10) Last Train Home - Pat Metheny Group - IV of Wands
[+] Explanation
This card is about home, community, and celebration, particularly after a long day of work. This instrumental piece feels like the weight of the world is lifted off the shoulders of the listener and coming into a state of peace now that the difficult times are done, and that they can enjoy coming home and being with their chosen community.
11) Pancho and Lefty - Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson - X of Swords

12) Star Platinum - Jin Hashimoto - The Star
[+] Explanation
The Star represents a sense of confidence in your place in the world and an optimism that you are moving forward to achieve your goals, as well as a strong desire to make the world a better place. The song represents all of these characteristics through its description of travellers on their way to fufil their destiny, as well as vivid descriptions of striking against evil and bringing justice to the world.
Please vote for your 10 favourites from this round! Your favourite song gets 12 points, your second gets 10, your third gets 8, then 7, 6, 5, etc. The top 9 songs from this round move onto the final!

This round will end on FEBRUARY 1ST, at 6:30PM EST/11:30PM GMT!
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

More than anything, I'm just disappointed nobody submitted a song based off of the Krispy Kreme arcana
[+] DEATH
12th: Neighbourhood #1 (Tunnels) - Arcade Fire, submitted by Maraoone, which received 48 points including a 10
11th: Blood Sweat & Tears - BTS, submitted by Blizzard, which received 49 points, including a 10, an 8, and a public 8
10th: Lust Demons - Ab-Soul (feat. Jay Rock and Bj the Chicago Kid, submitted by Buko, which received 52 points, including a 12 and a 10
Which means that moving on aaaaaare...
[+] THE WORLD
The Magician - Peter Gundry
74 - Toby Fox and Itoki Hana
Death's Diary - Marc Almond
Turtles All The Way Down - Sturgill Simpson
Oh Death - Jen Titus
My Moon My Man - Feist
Last Train Home - Pat Metheny Group
Pancho and Lefty - Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson
Star Platinum - Jin Hashimoto
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

It's time.
Brackie
dmboogie
Emprexx Plush
Fenris
Jilly
Laurels
LordOfAwesome
MK Kilmarnock
MurderWeasel
Pancapples
Pippi
Primrosette
Ruggahissy
Skraal
Slamexo
Spindarene
Yugikun
Zarina

No more incorrect decks. No more Black Lotuses. No more Jokers, Pots of Greeds, or Yogg-Sarons. It's tarot time, baby. I've triple checked. It's time for somebody...

... to get their Three of Cups.
1) Mind Games - Sickick - VII of Swords
[+] Explanation
The Seven of Swords is commonly used to represent deception, manipulation, and strategy. What is lost in my opinion in many common reads is that in keeping with the active energy of the Swords Arcana, the deception of the Seven of Swords is self-satisfied. It is about control and unspoken dominance, getting away with moves that shape your surroundings with no one noticing the change at all. Many depictions of the seven of swords show a thief absconding with blades for an unknown purpose, because the act of unseen theft, unseen and uninhibited manipulation, is reward enough without elaboration.
2) Death's Diary - Marc Almond - Death
[+] Explanation
It was inspired by the Death card. I know that in tarot, the death card doesn't always mean death, and that it can mean change and new beginnings as well. But for some reason I felt like this song fit, especially because both tarot and this song personify death, making it into a character in different ways.
3) Empire - Of Monsters and Men - The Empress
[+] Explanation
It's a song about nurturing love which is in line with the Empress representing a nurturer. At least that's how I interpret the lyrics!
4) Last Train Home - Pat Metheny Group - IV of Wands
[+] Explanation
This card is about home, community, and celebration, particularly after a long day of work. This instrumental piece feels like the weight of the world is lifted off the shoulders of the listener and coming into a state of peace now that the difficult times are done, and that they can enjoy coming home and being with their chosen community.
5) Dr. Sunshine Is Dead - Will Wood & The Tapeworms - Death
[+] Explanation
I swear it has nothing to do with the "dead" in the song title. The Death tarot card is strongly associated with change and transformation, and this song is from the narrative point of view of a man who has been through some traumatic nightmare demon shit and has been permanently changed by the experience.
6) Better in Blak - Thelma Plum - V of Cups
[+] Explanation
"The V of Cups card is one that represents dealing with grief and loss - in much the same way, Better in Blak is a song about dealing with cultural grief and loss. The singer is battling with a country and its people who refuse to see her as a person, only as her race, which is something indigenous populations all over the world have had to struggle with due to having their agency taken from their own lives by centuries of colonialism. She is not Thelma Plum - she is a waste, she is a drunk, she is wrong about her own experiences as an Aboriginal woman."
7) Star Platinum - Jin Hashimoto - The Star
[+] Explanation
The Star represents a sense of confidence in your place in the world and an optimism that you are moving forward to achieve your goals, as well as a strong desire to make the world a better place. The song represents all of these characteristics through its description of travellers on their way to fufil their destiny, as well as vivid descriptions of striking against evil and bringing justice to the world.
8) Blast Doors - Everything Everything - The Emperor
[+] Explanation
DOWN IN MY BEAST HEART, I BUILD AN EMPIRE
9) Gone Guru - Lifeseeker - The Hierophant
[+] Explanation
SOPHIE RICHARDS IS DEAD
10) My Moon My Man - Feist - The Moon
[+] Explanation
It's representative of the moon because the singer compares her lover to the moon saying he changes frequently. Further, she seems to be unwilling to face that the person is not right for her by begging him to shine his moonlight on her.
11) Pancho and Lefty - Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson - X of Swords

12) Eat That Up, It's Good For You - Two Door Cinema Club - Judgement
[+] Explanation
One of the themes represented by Judgement is of second chances, and I feel this song showcases that excellently - it focuses on somebody who, after the end of a relationship, turns to drink and drugs to cope - but with the help of those around them, it's shown there's every likelihood they can break that cycle and start again
13) Oh Death - Jen Titus - The Tower

14) The Magician - Peter Gundry - The Magician

15) Turtles All The Way Down - Sturgill Simpson - The Magician

16) 74 - Toby Fox and Itoki Hana - The Moon
[+] Explanation
it's a story that plays into the "hero saving a damsel in distress" narrative, except it isn't as simple as what it seems at face value which corresponds to the theme of illusions and deception associated with the Moon arcana
17) The Yawning Grave - Lord Huron - The Fool (Reversed)
[+] Explanation
it's for The Fool tarot, about a person disregarding set norms/rules and most likely facing consequences in addition to whatever they gain
18) King of Swords (Reversed) - The Dear Hunter - King of Swords (Reversed)
[+] Explanation
This song comes in from the middle of the fourth part of a five-concept-album (well, eventually six, but the last isn't out yet) narrative, and details the protagonist's simultaneous success and fall from grace. An increase in personal power and opportunity comes initially as a way to try to fix things, make the world right, etc., but very quickly becomes an excuse to revel in privilege and engage in payback--all under the guise of "doing good," of course. This ties to the more negative aspects of the reversed king, which speak to abuse of power and manipulative, exploitative tendencies.
You know the rules. Send me votes. I eat them up. Every celebrates and cheers. Hooray!

Voting for the final will last for 3 days, ending on WEDNESDAY THE 5TH OF FEBRUARY, 2020. Ostensibly, voting lines will close at 1AM GMT/10PM EST but I'll probably be asleep around then so the actual crowning ceremony may have to wait. Or be performed earlier if everyone gets their votes in on time!
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

It's time. Again. Even more time. Super time.

No gifs or memes because i couldn't find the tweet i was looking for and I'm mad!!!!!
[+] DQs
DQ - The Yawning Grave - Lord Huron, submitted by Zarina. It received 48 points, including two 12s and an 8.
DQ - Turtles All The Way Down - Sturgill Simpson, submitted by Pancapples. It received 58 points, including a 12 and a 10.
[+] 16th Place
16th - The Magician - Peter Gundry, submitted by Primrosette. It received 12 points.
[+] 15th Place
15th - Star Platinum - Jin Hashimoto, submitted by Skraal. It received 22 points, including an 8.
[+] REMAINING
Better in Blak
Blast Doors
Death's Diary
Dr. Sunshine Is Dead
Eat That Up, It's Good For You
Empire
Gone Guru
King of Swords (Reversed)
Last Train Home
Mind Games
My Moon My Man
Oh Death
Pancho and Lefty
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

[+] 14th Place
14th - Pancho and Lefty - Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, submitted by MK Kilmarnock. It received 36 points, including a 12 and a 10.
[+] 13th Place
13th - Empire - Of Monsters and Men, submitted by Slamexo. It received 39 points, including two 10s and an 8.
[+] 12th Place
12th - Oh Death - Jen Titus, submitted by LordOfAwesome. It received 44 points, including a 10.
[+] 11th Place
11th - Gone Guru - Lifeseeker, submitted by Yugikun. It receieved 46 points, including a 12.
[+] REMAINING
Better in Blak
Blast Doors
Death's Diary
Dr. Sunshine Is Dead
Eat That Up, It's Good For You
Last Train Home
Mind Games
My Moon My Man
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

[+] 10th Place
10th - Better in Blak - Thelma Plum, submitted by Brackie. It received 48 points, including an 8.
[+] 9th Place
9th - My Moon My Man - Feist, submitted by Ruggahissy. It received 48 points, including two 8s. It received the same number of points as the song in 10th, but comes 9th due to receiving more 8s.
[+] 8th Place
8th - Eat That Up, It's Good For You - Two Door Cinema Club, submitted by Pip (that's me!!!). It received 48 points, including a 12 and two 10s. It received the same number of points as the songs in 9th and 10th but comes 8th due to receiving a 12.
[+] REMAINING
Blast Doors
Death's Diary
Dr. Sunshine Is Dead
Last Train Home
Mind Games
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

[+] 7th Place
7th - 74 - Toby Fox and Itoki Hana, submitted by Jilly. It received 53 points, including a 10.
[+] 6th Place
6th - Death's Diary - Marc Almond, submitted by Spindarene. It received 55 points, including a 10 and two 8s.
[+] FINAL FIVE
Blast Doors
Dr. Sunshine Is Dead
Last Train Home
Mind Games
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

[+] 5th Place
5th - Last Train Home - Pat Metheny Group, submitted by Laurels. It received 66 points, including a 12 and two 10s.
[+] 4th Place
4th - Mind Games - Sickick, submitted by Emprexx Plush. It received 70 points, including two 12s, a 10 and an 8.
[+] 3rd Place
3th - King of Swords (Reversed), submitted by MurderWeasel. It received 72 points, including a 12, two 10s and two 8s.

[+] THE FINAL TWO
BLAST DOORS - EVERYTHING EVERYTHING

VS

DR. SUNSHINE IS DEAD - WILL WOOD & THE TAPEWORMS
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Two final cards remain on the table, both face down.

The winner shall turn theirs over to find Death facing them.

This is because tarot is weird and Death doesn't actually mean 'literal death'. Why? I dunno. Blame the French or something.

Anyway

The winner

of the SOTF Major/Minor Arcana Songtest

is
[+] Yes, this IS your card

BLAST DOORS, BY EVERYTHING EVERYTHING - SUBMITTED BY DMBOOGIE

It received 83 points, including four (4!!!) 12s, and two 8s.

THE RUNNER UP WAS DR. SUNSHINE IS DEAD, BY WILL WOOD & THE TAPEWORMS - SUBMITTED BY FENRIS. It received 80 points, including two 12s, two 10s, and two 8s.
Thank you all so much for participating!!! I hope everybody enjoyed themselves as much as I did!

Now, have any of you heard of 52 card pickup?
[+] V7
Trip - Loved

Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

Pregame - Shark - Heart
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile

Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6

V5

V4
[+] The Future

Return to “Song Contests”