The Girls Made of Soot, Blood and Plastic

open

The stables are much how one would expect. A collection of parallel box stalls that once housed both horses and some other more exotic equine animals sit facing each other with an entrance and exit that lead to a large fenced enclosure for them to be able to graze. While some of the stalls are still closed, others sit opened and still contain decaying hay and signs of their former occupants.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

She turned back toward the bag and grabbed it by the handles. It was kinda heavy. Probably because it was soaked with water and had been laying there for at least a day or so, but she also noticed that Clayton had packed up more than her. She couldn't really bring herself to care about his personal items.

Well, that was a lie. She was able to bring herself to care about Yuko's, but she quickly give up after seeing the birthday card. It made her feel sick.

Despite everything, Willow had heavy heart strings and there wasn't much she could do about it. But Clayton? She didn't really know him that well. Maybe. She wasn't sure if she was telling lies to herself.

"Maybe. I think you're better off looking through it since you know what you're searching for. It's kinda gross though since," she looked at Clayton then back at the bag. "Yeah, there's brain pieces in it so wash your hands after."
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

So apparently, Clayton was given a book on how to use swords? That was a weird one. Sierra suggested that Katrina look through it. Katrina wasn't sure if the book would help. Unless the terrorists made a book specifically about every sword on the island, Katrina wasn't sure what she was going to learn.

"Hmm. I wonder what it says," Katrina said. "I figured you just point it and stab people with it, but maybe there's more to it."

Katrina chuckled. She wasn't sure if the girls would appreciate her joking around, but she hoped it would help. They were looking at a dead body, after all. Maybe there was some room for levity somewhere.

Willow mentioned the bag for Katrina to look through. Katrina nodded.

"Okay. I'll try to be clean."
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

"Just make it quick," Sierra said, looking towards each entrance to the stable. "There doesn't seem to be anything else worthy checking out here, so we should probably get a move on once you're done looking through his shit."

Sierra didn't quite like the idea of lingering here any longer than they needed to, and so far the only thing of note was Clayton's dead body. And having seen no one else besides these two was making Sierra just a bit antsy, especially since there are people are now running around murdering each other. It made her suspect that any moment now some psychopath will just run in and try to kill her or something.
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

The rain was getting weaker.

Willow looked up as she handed the bag to Katrina. Willow had enjoyed the rain despite deeply hating it. Being wet made her feel sick, and she hated being sick, but being warm was worse. She wished that the rain would pick up again but it seemed like it was calming down. She saw a glimpse of a future and she realized she would never be dry again. Truly, a fate worse than death.

The wind didn't make it stagnant, but it could use some improvements. Even if it lacked in certain aspects, it made up by being necessary. She sighed. A lot of mediocre things were getting by simply because they were needed and it kinda annoyed Willow. She looked at Sierra.

She walked toward the barn. As she got closer, she realized it was a stables. She didn't know why she knew, she simply did. It was probably a mix of intuition and vague knowledge she had gained over time. There were things laying around inside the building. It smelled rancid. She didn't want to get any closer.

"Hey Sierra, question," she scratched her head. It felt itchy. She would never be clean again. "Are barns and stables like synonyms? Honestly, what's the difference? Like I guess it's the animals that are kept inside, right?"

It really smelled like shit.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Katrina briefly looked through the bag. There didn't seem to be much in there aside from the assigned materials. Sierra had already pilfered most of the good stuff, so Katrina pulled out whatever she had missed and laid it out for them to divide. Willow was asking a silly question about the differences between barns and stables.

"I think barns aren't for horses," Katrina said. "I think stables are made for horses or animals like them, while barns are for smaller animals. I don't know."

Katrina sighed.

"But anyways, I think we're good with Clayton's stuff," she said. "Wanna divide it up and move out?"
TheLordOfAwesome

Post by TheLordOfAwesome »

Sierra looked to Willow as she approached, smiling at the other girl. Willow asked her a question, and before she could respond, Kat answered her partner's question.

"Yeah, Kat's got it about right," Sierra said, nodding her head slightly. "Barns typically store and keep animals like cattle, while stables are for lodging, feeding, and training horses and other hoofed animals like them. Might not seem like that big of a difference but it is an important distinction."

Sierra clapped her hands and moved over to Kat.

"Right, let's do this and get the fuck out of here."

With that they got to work dividing up the various supplies that they managed to scrounge up from Clayton's bag. Sierra took the intuitive to ensure that whatever remained of the food and water was as evenly divided as they can be, but gave the first aid kit to Kat, feeling that she and Willow were still good on the amount of kits they had on them from their past robberies.

"Alright, I think that's about everything." Sierra said, standing up after placing her new supplies in her bag. "Let's get going."

Sierra adjusted the bag over her shoulder, getting her gun ready as she began to leave the stable.

((Sierra Cook continued in Beat the Devil Out of It))
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"A'ight."

It was for different animals. She was okay with that explanation. It didn't sound like absolute bullshit unlike the smell that was coming out of the stables. She wasn't sure what was inside, but it smelled like death, and since it was the Death Island of the Year, it was probably that.

Sierra had parted already. That left her with Hurricane Katrina for some time, and she decided to jump on the opportunity. There was one thing that she had wanted to tell ask her for about a couple of hours now. She wanted to ask but she always dodged it. Without Sierra, she wouldn't need her heavy eyelids to ask her Katrina.

"This is totally rhetorical, like not a real question," she looked away, "just to get your brain hamster rolling, you know?"

She crossed her arm. She was really dirty. Willow decided she would take a bath in the river. It was probably a bad idea, but walking around dirty with wounds on your body just sounded like the best way to get an infection. But also swimming in a body of water also sounded like a bad idea. She would get to that bridge when she would cross it, or something.

"Are you going to kill again?" She bit her lips. "Please don't answer. I want to know if I can count on you for something, but what I'm asking is a lot."

She picked up her bag.

"I don't mean self-defense. I mean like-," she looked at Sierra. She was still faraway. "Selfishly. Killing to win. Killing to go home. Killing because you want to. Killing because you feel like there's no other choices or something.

"Are you going to do that? Answer me whenever. Or don't. It's a good enough of an answer like that. I'll just tell Sierra you asked me for a pad or something. I got your back, don't worry."

((The motor-mouth sloth has left the thread.))
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Katrina began to move her third of the items into her bag as Sierra and Willow spoke. Sierra stepped out, and it was just Katrina and Willow in the stables. Katrina had zipped up her bag and began to go through Clayton's bag. There wasn't much to cover him, but she could nicely arrange his personal items next to him.

As she started to place them, Willow spoke.

This is totally rhetorical, like not a real question, just to get your brain hamster rolling, you know? Are you going to kill again?

Katrina froze in place. She turned her head to Willow, but before she could reply, Willow continued.

Please don't answer. I want to know if I can count on you for something, but what I'm asking is a lot.

Katrina lowered her head. She wasn't sure if she could look at Willow while Willow continued to speak.

I don't mean self-defense. I mean like-, selfishly. Killing to win. Killing to go home. Killing because you want to. Killing because you feel like there's no other choices or something. Are you going to do that? Answer me whenever. Or don't. It's a good enough of an answer like that.

Willow then made an comment about a menstrual pad and walked out. Katrina's mouth fell agape. She wasn't sure why Willow would ask her that. Maybe Willow still doubted that Katrina wouldn't kill or that there was someone Willow wanted dead and wanted Katrina to be the one to do it. Katrina wasn't sure, so she let out a long exhale.

She turned Clayton's bag over and opened it. She placed the bag upside down, covering Clayton's head. They didn't have much else to use to cover him, nor did Katrina have time to do much else. Not with Sierra already out and Willow asking Katrina such vexing questions.

Katrina made a quick prayer, then stood up and hurried out of the stables. Willow's question continued to swim around in her mind. Was she going to kill again? Katrina didn't want to kill again; Yuko was enough for her. She knew she'd have to give Willow an answer, and it scared her to think about when Willow was going to call on her for her response.

Katrina caught up to the girls. She at least hoped Willow would give her time to think.

((Katrina Lavell continued elsewhere))

Return to “Stables”