dear army guys come quik there are terrorists- roxie

Greynolds came inside my house. ): (Open!)

Found in the center of a clearing in the woods is a lone tree with hundreds of shoes hanging or nailed to it. It is unknown who put the first collection of shoes on the tree, but it was thought to be in protest of some aspect of life on the island. Originally going untouched due to the anger of the leaders of the island's community, over time people started to add their own shoes to the tree until it became what is is now.
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

Roxie didn’t even have time to look through her makeup kit.

She furrowed her brow a little.

The whole thing with Nona… was very, very strange. She tried, though. Both of them did. Maybe she sugarcoated it too much? On one hand, finding a megaphone and going “YOU WERE ABDUCTED BY TERRORISTS” in someone’s ear is never a good idea. On the other… maybe a bit more firmness.

“Honestly, don’t blame her,” Roxie said, shrugging. “It’s a lot to take in, and… I guess denial’s seductive enough for now.”

She closed her makeup kit and placed it into her bag.

“I think, for now, we should just… try to live our best lives, right? And go after her, I guess?”
blastinus

Post by blastinus »

Live their best lives, huh? Kayla didn't know what kind of life they could live on an island where anyone could snap at any moment. Having to constantly look over her shoulder for a guy with an axe would kill her eventually just from the stress alone.

As for chasing after Nona, she was in no hurry to catch up with her. But hey, maybe she'd get into trouble and need someone to rescue her, so might as well. Goodness knows, she hardly seemed like she was in a fit state to be protecting herself. Still, if it was up to Kayla, she'd prefer to just leave her behind. Once she found a way off the island, she'd come back for everybody.

Assuming they hadn't killed each other in the meantime.

"Alrighty then. She headed off this way," Kayla pointed in the general direction where Nona had left the clearing. "I'll see if I can pick up her trail."

If they were going to do this thing, might as well do it fast. Kayla didn't know anything about tracking, but she figured that if the trail was fresh or something like that, it'd be easier to follow, if she could follow it at all. She hefted her bags, slid the chair through the hand loops, and hoped it would stay put. The last thing she needed if she was going cross-country was to struggle with her bags at the same time.

(Kayla Harris continued elsewhere)
KamiKaze

Post by KamiKaze »

“Alright. Just… give me a moment.”

Roxie started to put everything back and unzipped. Until, she noticed it. The pot that she’d woken up next to was still there. Roxie looked it over. Actually, it didn’t look like something that could store Joker gas or something. It looked like something you’d store a plant in, only with some kind of tall, plastic opaque lid on top of it.

Okay, one more question to answer before she left.

Roxie gingerly lifted the lid, only to close it.

Well, that solved that.

Was it oak or ivy? If it was ivy, they missed out on a stupid pun by giving it to her rather than a certain one of her classmates. She could never tell, though, so maybe the pun wouldn’t work. But it was clearly a poison plant, and it was on a frame-thing. She couldn’t carry it around, though.

After replacing the lid, Roxie set the pot aside. She pushed herself up with her arms, and stood up, picking up her things.

Time to go with Kayla and find Nona.

She left the pot behind.

((Roxie Borowski continued in Gotta Fake it 'till You Make It))

Return to “The Shoe Tree”