Room 702: I Hope The Breakfasts Are Free

open to 702 room citizens unless you got an invitation

The hotel where the senior students are housed for the week of their trip. Students are housed three or four to a room, and rooms are divided by gender. The students have full access to the hotel's facilities, pool, and recreation areas during the day, but there is a strict nighttime curfew, and everyone must be in their rooms by 10 PM each night.
Melusine

Room 702: I Hope The Breakfasts Are Free

Post by Melusine »

((Danny isn't really done with this but he's here now, physically.))

As much the whole trip thing was fun, he really just wanted to go on his laptop and talk to Marie. Like, yeah, Washington was cool and visiting some places were fun but Washington wasn't going to disappear from the face of the Earth tomorrow. He could always visit it whenever he wanted, but the time he wanted to spend with Marie was limited. He would prefer visiting this place with his family than with his school because at least his family would be more chill about the bedtime. Who goes to bed at 10 on weekends? Nobody who had any sense of fun.

He shared his room with three guys who were pretty chill. Drew wasn't really his friend, but they didn't have any feelings of animosity. He wasn't around right now and Danny was wondering what he was up to. He didn't see him since they had arranged their room. Meka was passionated, and Danny liked that. It was something that Danny admired from afar, but he wondered if Meka would get in trouble because of that. Other than that, he wouldn't mind being closer to him. Finally, there was Benedict but shorten to Benny for simplicity's sake. He played some Nintendo games on the bus. Honestly, Danny should have bring his own DS to have something to do other than sleeping. Did he still have his Pokémon cartridge? Wait no, he had Nintendogs, he would have played that.

Danny was finally on his bed with his laptop on his laps. He managed to connect the charger to the wall and he was scrolling over some channels on Discord. Marie was offline but she said she'd be around later to talk. Could he play a league game before that? Danny wasn't quite sure. He could play an ARAM and call it a night, he still wanted his daily quest done. He looked up from his laptop and saw his roomies doing their own thing. Bored, he decided to start the conversation.

"So did you guys have fun today?"
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

What was the point of random room assignments anyway?

You get to know people you haven't really been friends with, but hey, now you get to know them better for like a week before they'd disappear from your life in a couple of months again. Benedict liked his teachers, really, but sometimes he feels like they just did things to make their lifes unfun. It was a school trip, dangit. The last one! It did not look like they were trusting them despite most of them being adults. They were not even letting them decide who to room with. Benedict could kind of get behind this decision because he had supervised groups for church in the past, but he wished there would've been more independency on the student's side.

Benedict didn't have ties with any of his three roommates. All of them seemed to be nice people, but Benedict would've much more prefered to reside in a room with close friends for a week, doing all kind of things. But hey, meeting new people wasn't that bad. He brought his WiiU to the bus and played Smash with Danny and he seemed to be an okay person.

Benny was already in bed, preparing to sleep. 10 PM was a normal time to sleep for him, especially if he had to wake up early. Knowing from experience, he probably will. He heard Danny asking a question to break the silence buzzing around the room.

"Oh yeah, I loved being stuck in a bus for nine hours."

It was a long ride, but it was worth it. He's going to have a good time the next week.

"In all seriousness, tomorrow is going to be fun. I am excited to explore the city."
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"Yeah, same." Danny replied quietly as he scrolled through his Facebook. His parents wanted him to send him a message when he arrived and he started typing, but saw some story that caught his eye. Apparently, today was the National Doughnut Day. He moved his fingers to his keyboard after pressing the Facebook chatbox.

hey dad its doughnut day give mom one and tell its from me :)

He waited for the response of his dad but it wasn't coming anytime soon. He saw him type but he wasn't good with computers, or at least chatting, so the little toggle "Dad is typing..." would come and go, pause for several seconds, then come back. Not enjoying the silence, Daniel mused outloud to his roommate.

"Did you guys know it's National Doughnut Day? I'm kinda hungry now, I wonder if take out is allowed."

The message by his dad finally came through, it was just as expected, really.

I Will But I'll Say It's From Me Haha Lol then a little gif of a pig dancing on a table.

Daniel would be gone for a week, and he already started missing his parents. Was he that clingy? Maybe, and he felt kinda weirded out. He would be an adult soon, his birthday was in a week or so. He'd be back, and his birthday will happen, and he wondered what would this bring. Voting? Yeah, sure. Being able to give blood? People would need his blood if something were to happen. He wasn't quite sure what to do.
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Oh yeah, a donut would be great. With lots of chocolate. But Benny was not in the mood for a donut. He was too excited for the trip.

"I think I am going to buy one tomorrow for the trip. We're gonna be wandering a lot until our feet will hurt."

Tomorrow. But not now. Eating a donut would lead to Benedict staying awake for longer and all he wanted was to sleep, so he could skip time to see the morrow.
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Drew realized that he had to hurry back to room 702 if he wanted to get some well-deserved rest and he was nervous about the guys that he was sharing with. He didn't really know the other three that well and he hoped that they would get along without any hostility involved. He really needed to stop overthinking like that. He knew that it was an unhealthy mindset and he had to look like he was cool about things. He was completely cool. Right, right?

He had to take a call to his parents about how he would going to be totally fine on the trip. He was really looking forward to how he would spend his day the next day and he got out his card to open up the room's door. He just really wished that he had been sharing with Declyn but it didn't really matter that much. He didn't want to appear too clingy to him the whole time. Again, he needed to stop thinking like that.

He let out an exhausted sigh.

Then he opened up the door, making his way into the room and closing the door behind him. He had heard something about doughnuts from outside the door and he wondered if he should talk about that. No, no. That was a conversation between the others.

"Hey, guys. I wasn't trying to avoid you guys at all today, I swear!" He said with a cheerful smile that he managed to muster up and he stared at Danny and Benedict who were already on or in their beds. Where was he and Meka supposed to sleep? Well, that didn't really matter right now. "So do you guys have any plans about what to do tomorrow? I'm really up for anything to be honest."
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Meka soaked a washcloth and laid it across his face. It had been a long bus ride from Tennessee to DC, and he needed to clean himself a bit. He knew sharing a hotel room with three other dudes would be a hotbed of body odor and farts in good time, so he could try to take a little of the bus stink off of him. He wiped his face and tried to wet the back of his neck as well, pushing his dreads up as he did. After a few more seconds of wiping, he dried his face and neck off and made his way out of the bathroom and back into the room.

It looked to be a decent draw for roommates, all things considered. Meka didn't think he had any real reason to have issues with Drew, Danny, and Benny. Of course, having history class with the guys was one thing. Living with them was another. For now, everything seemed chill, so Meka could assume that they'd be decent roommates for the time being.

"I was going to the African-American History Museum with Rhonda tomorrow," Meka said when Danny asked his question. "It's apparently hard to get in, but the school somehow managed to get tickets."
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

While Benny seemed to be tired, Drew appeared to be a tiny little bit manic. It sounded like something had happened. Danny wouldn't think that Drew was avoiding them if he had said nothing about it. Danny squinted behind his glasses and then looked at Meka as he answered the question that both Drew had asked. The African-American History Museum was interesting. He wanted to go, but he also wanted to stay in bed.

...wait a second, why would he spend his trip in his bed playing video games when he can do that at home?

"Oh, I might go. Depends if I'm tired tomorrow, and all." Danny realized he half-assed his response. "Yeah, I think I'll go." That's better, nerd.

He saw that Marie had answered him. He smiled. A dumb smile, the kind of smile you saw on someone after waking up from anesthetics. The best way to describe his face would be 'froggish'. Yawning, he started to type on his computer an answer to Marie who just replied to his message.
Sh4dE

Post by Sh4dE »

Benedict ignored the sounds around him and remained silent. Lucky for the others, he was not a snorer.

[[Benny fell asleep.]]
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Meka was about to say more when he noticed his phone starting to ring. It was his mom. She probably just wanted to check in on him.

"Oh, I gotta take this," he said.

Meka stepped out of the room into the hall to take the call, leaving the guys behind.

((Meka Gibson continued elsewhere))
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

"That sounds interesting, Meka. I think I should like to learn more about African-American history." Drew said with a friendly smile and he wondered what interesting facts he could learn if he went. Normally he would not do go to museums, but he was willing to give it a try. "I think I would like to go too."

Drew was then busy on trying to figure out his sleeping arrangements. Although Benny was already asleep.

((Drew Woods continued elsewhere))
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)

Return to “The Hotel”