Half Psychotic Sick Hypnotic

right before #SwiftBall; tagging Yugi, Deamon, Zee

Chattanooga plays host to numerous festivals throughout the year, from Pride marches to film festivals to sporting events; this is the place for those and other specific events, public or personal. Other threads that take place within the city limits but not in any other specified location also belong here. Please use this board only for threads that really don't fit anywhere else, however; threads that take place in one of the delineated areas, even if they represent events, should be placed in the area board for better organization. Threads that take place outside the city of Chattanooga should also be placed in the appropriate board.
Brackie

Half Psychotic Sick Hypnotic

Post by Brackie »

((Mikki Swift continued from Aegis Commission))

Mikki collapsed into the nearest chair.

Several hours earlier, she'd checked out of school because of the world's most convenient free period. On her way to Forrest's house, she'd sent texts to nearly everyone involved - Claude, Erika, Forrest, Charelle, Andy even though he wasn't actually doing anything but it was nice to have her boyfriend involved somehow. All about what they'd need to do before they arrived, or in Forrest's case came home, and all of it important, nothing of less importance than anything else. When she finally got there, she'd let herself in and gotten to work, putting valuables away and setting up rooms. From the dancefloor where she'd eventually be mixing her own beats to the chill-out space she'd organized upstairs, there wasn't a detail overlooked, and not a minute of those hours was spent sitting still because the moment she began to slow down, she'd remembered there needed to be another box of toilet paper in the bathroom closet, or she needed to open the bag of tiny chip packets in the kitchen, or double check to make sure all the vodka mix her contact from college bought for her was in her special place, or triple checking the same thing.

After what seemed like an entire lap of the house, Mikki had finally realized she'd done everything and frozen in place in the living room for several moments before nearly freefalling onto the room's comfiest couch.

It wasn't long now until Forrest would arrive at her own home, probably with Charelle in tow and hopefully Andy rocking up as well. Then, Erika and Claude. Then, the guests, because #SwiftBall would finally be starting.

This was no longer just a party to Mikki. After the months of work she'd spent on this, the date planning, the equipment sourcing, the marketing, the safety measures, the social media networking, everything would come to fruition tonight. This went from being just a small get-together right before exams to a full-on statement. These were her last words to her grade, and everyone else. If her school was Harry Potter, then she was the Weasley twins leaving behind firework dragons and hallways turned into swamps before bursting out the doors off to do her own thing in the real world and become rich doing it. It had to be great, she knew it would be, and the stakes were that high to her that she knew she could just as easily fail, but somehow she knew everything would turn out alright.

But for now, she had time to relax. It was time to have a drink with her friends and an awesome guy, chat with her "employees", which she guessed they technically were even though she wasn't paying them anything more than pizza, and finally get this show on the road.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

The door to the house swung open as she arrived back at her designated living zone. Her headphones were over her ears and there was a can of Angry Orchard at her lips.

The party wasn't due to start for another hour and she needed to get her pregame on.

((Forrest Quin continued from Survival of the Fittest, Leonard!))

Now obviously she couldn't go crazy. She had a to perform a set and that required her to be a functioning human adjacent being until she was at least halfway through. After that, she could drink and do whatever she wanted. Which she was going to do, that wasn't even up for debate. As she kicked her good shoes off and headed into the living room she spotted Mikki halfway through being absorbed by the Comfy Chair. That and the house looked like it had been prepared for the drinkpocalypse that was to come.

Mikki had told her the number at some earlier point but it had been one of those high numbers that was so high she hadn't really taken it is. It just sat in her head as a lot of people. Luckily her dads were successful and her house was big so they probably had a good chance of containing the mass of drunk that was going to be descending upon it. There was going to be a lot of clean-up though. Also due to the number of people and the fact that she had animals that needed shielding from the general public her room was being locked down once the party started until almost everyone was gone. The last thing she wanted was someone doing something to one of her pets. That wasn't something she wanted to consider.

Still, that was a concern she wasn't going to let overshadow everything that was going to go down. Her parents were on holiday, they had a free house, and they had been planning out how to disaster-proof as much as possible for a few weeks. Her dads were aware there was a party. Not telling them would have been the stupidest decision, Forrest was dumb but she wasn't that dumb. But they maybe hadn't been warned about the scale. She did feel bad about that, it was a betrayal in a way. But it was perhaps the last chance all of her friends would be able to come around, go nuts and have an amazing time. It did make her feel slightly down.

Pushing that feeling away she continued to drain the liquid from the can as she dropped herself down into a seat next to Mikki. Nothing like filling up on cheap alcohol to get that buzz on.

"How're you MC Mik-C? Looking forward to having the best party in George Hunter History?"

In classic fashion, her voice stayed deadpan.
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
Roberta “Robbie” Woodvine
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
backslash

Post by backslash »

((Andy Silverman continued from Survival of the Fittest, Leonard!))

Mixers and chasers, check. Booze, check. More booze, check. Extra-special bottle of Jack Daniels' Tennessee Honey buried underneath the Coke just for Mikki, check.

Andy didn't usually buy this much at once, but his fake ID, which said his full name was Andrew and that he had just turned 22, had carried the day. Visiting the liquor store on the sketchier edge of his neighborhood had helped.

Tonight was a long time coming, and Andy was getting pumped. Things had lined up pretty perfectly so far: no issue buying the drinks, his black eye had faded to faint bruising that would probably be near-invisible once all the lights got turned down anyway, and everyone seemed in good spirits. He was looking forward to chilling with Mikki and everyone else, taking in a bit of this and a bit of that, and just unwinding and having a good time.

He wished he'd been able to get out of practice sooner, to have a little alone time with Mikki before things got going, but well. It was going to be a long night, in a good way.

Andy had both arms loaded down with bags full of the most important part of the night next to whatever Erika was going to be providing as he made his way up Forrest's front walk and had to kick the bottom of the door rather than knocking to be let in. He was careful not to leave any scuff marks.

"Delivery!" He called through the door, grinning though nobody could see it yet. "Thirst train pulling into party city!"

Wait, that didn't come out right.
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Without having looked around, Mikki was slightly startled when a mystery figure slumped right next to her, and all sorts of possibilities ran through her mind before she remembered oh right, this wasn't her house, it was Forrest's, of course she was gonna sit down. One person taken care of at least.

"You bet the fuck I am, but I'm fucking exhausted already, y'know? And it's not like I gotta not run this for 12 more hours after, y'know?"

The words probably made absolutely no sense when they left her mouth but they came together perfectly in her head and considering the road ahead of her that was all that really mattered to her.

"Hope Charelle and Andy show up soon though, get some real pre-gaming on."

It was weird that Andy was more likely to show up than Charelle at this point but mixed blessings were still kind of blessings. For all Mikki knew nobody would show up at all and she'd be a failure and a laughing stock and she'd drop out of school early for having the gall to think she'd ever be able to throw a party as great as she wanted. But all that was relegated to a little voice at the back of her head, a voice easily drowned out by alcohol. And speaking of alcohol?

Andy's voice echoed through the room from the front door and in spite of herself Mikki pulled together some energy and got up from the couch.

"Fucking thirst train?"

She shot Forrest an incredulous look at she made her way out of the living room, wandering through to the front door.

"Could be worse."

She pulled the door open for Andy, the prodigal boyfriend. He was laden with bags, bags which probably had enough booze to sterilize an amputated elephant. Half-exhausted and half-relieved she now had even better company compared to the loneliness of preparation, she nearly collapsed forward and snaked her arms around her boyfriend.

"Hey."

She stood there for a few seconds before craning her head up.

"Thirst train, ya fucking dork?"

Laughing, and still technically in the hug, she moved her hand towards the outside bags and pulled them off Andy's arms.

"Lemme get these."

They were a sudden heaviness, but either way she carried them through to the living room, Andy in tow.

"Forrest's already here, dunno if Charelle is gonna show up or not so it could just be us three until Erika and Claude show up."

She placed some of the bags on a small table, pulling out a few bottles of coke, before seeing something miraculous sitting beneath. She pulled out the bottle of Jack Daniels' Tennessee Honey hidden beneath them, her eyes almost glistening, in awe of the sheer beauty of it.

"Oh my god, do you know how much I love you?"

If either of them had asked her later on, she would never have been able to remember if she'd been speaking to her boyfriend or the bottle of whiskey.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

"Man, imagine if it was an eternal party."

Whatever the rest of the conversation could have been ceased to exist as there was a knock on the door. Signifying the arrival of the thirst train...apparently. Mikki rose from her seat and headed off towards her door. As she looked back with a confused face Forrest mimed out pulling the horn of a train.

"Choo-choo."

She finished off the final bit of alcohol in her can as Mikki welcomed Andy into her home. That was a weird feeling. It was like observing her own life from the outside. The flow of the cider stopped and after shaking it a few times to confirm it was indeed empty Forrest tossed the can into the bin. She retrieved another one from her bag and cracked it open. There wasn't much point waiting around for everyone else to start or arrive. She wanted to be ready to go as soon as everything opened up. She took a long chug and then rose to her feet.

She weaved her way past the furniture and through the house to her front door. Leaning on the side of the doorway she waved at Andy as she took another drink.

"Based on what happened last time you had a night with Honey Jack, a lot."
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
G047 - Aliya Kimia Nemati - Blowgun w/ 10 Poison Darts - you're nobody till somebody kills you - "I just wanted to talk." - DEAD
G001 - Arizona Butler - Camping Stove - Dead Bxdies in the Lake Part II - ""We got there eventually." - DEAD
B046 - Bret Carter - Weighted Net - Swerve - "I'll just be on my way and we can all continue with our evenings." - DEAD
G022 - Forrest Quin - Ball-gag and handcuffs - DRUGS SAV3D MY LIF3 - "Abe-" - DEAD
backslash

Post by backslash »

"Hey, look- I brought the drinks, you're not allowed to make fun of me," Andy returned, lamely. Mikki's hug was a pleasant and somewhat disappointingly brief warmth, and he was sorry that he couldn't return it with his arms full. There would probably be time later, though. He hoped so, at least.

Over the last couple of weeks, Andy had started looking forward to the party almost as much as Mikki was. It was going to be a good time. It had to be a good time, or else Mikki would- well, Andy had no idea what she'd do but it wouldn't be pretty or nice. Claude was hilariously playing bouncer, but Andy was willing and ready to eject people from the premises if they started causing trouble too.

He flashed a grin at Forrest instead of waving back and set the bags down before turning the grin on Mikki. Honestly? It didn't matter if she was talking to him or the whiskey. The three of them formed the points of a narrow, uneven triangle, and Andy half-consciously compressed it into a line as he moved closer to Mikki's side.

"So we're all good to start getting fucked up already, huh?" Forrest was taking the initiative, at least. Who was Andy to not follow her example?
"Art enriches the community, Steve, no less than a pulsing fire hose, or a fireman beating down a blazing door. So what if we're drawing a nude man? So what if all we ever draw is a nude man, or the same nude man over and over in all sorts of provocative positions? Context, not content! Process, not subject! Don't be so gauche, Steve, it's beneath you."
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

A pained half-laugh got caught in Mikki's throat as she remembered the last time she got loaded up on Honey Jack, a time she didn't care to remember. At least she wasn't in business mode then, a relief if there was any.

"Oh god, don't remind me. I'm still getting the glitter out."

She grabbed a usual red cup from one of the other bags, as well as the gargantuan coke. She continued speaking to Andy even though she was more focused on brewing some sort of magical fuckup potion.

"If I haven't hit the floor at least, like, twice, then I haven't done it right," she said in an almost sing-song manner, as she poured the precious Honey Jack into the plastic. She wasn't sure what the ideal balance was but she leaned towards half and half, or a third to two. It meant she didn't have to fill up too early, the same principle as avoiding breadsticks at a restaurant.

"Speaking of fucked up, grab your stuff and dig in, or you're not gonna catch up to Forrest. Unless you were getting loaded during last period or something."

It wasn't completely out of the realm of possibility all things considered, but it wasn't too real to laugh at.

Eventually, Mikki held up her drink. It looked like a regular mixed drink, but the scent could probably reach across the room, or fuel a car. She turned around with it in her hand and a huge grin on her face. What neither Andy or Forrest could tell was that it'd probably take about five of the same drink to calm her down considering everything on the line tonight. This was one of the only opportunities she'd get to relax for the night, but the moment people started showing up she'd have to relapse into party host mode, a perfect chick who was definitely okay for you to do whatever you wanted (within reason of course), tough but fair, someone you'd remember just as much as the party and the music and the people. She didn't hate the fact she had to make her come out for the night, but it took a lot of energy.

So it was time to enjoy just a slither of low power chill. With cool, cool people.

They all had their drinks.

"Alright, y'all ready? Let's do like a cheers or some shit."
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

And here she was being a third wheel.

To her best friend.

And her ex.

Sick.

She downed the rest of the can and pulled a face before dumped it into the nearby recycling bin. They were environmentally conscious at least and Forrest knew that there was going to be a large deposit made into the recycling truck by the end of everything.

As Mikki made her mix, Forrest retrieved another can of cider and cracked it open. It smelled bitterly sweet.

"No one can catch up with me." She said as she began working on the new can. "It's kinda my thing."

Forrest supposed she needed to slow down. There was a whole night ahead and she had already polished off two cans in quick succession. Sure it was cheap stuff but she needed to perform a set at some stage if they stuck to the plan. Not that she thought they would. It wasn't really the Zootopia way. But she didn't want to drift off into the abyss and miss everything.

This was being pitched as the last real party after all.

Just ignore the whole of summer.

"Sure," Forrest said as she raised her can with a dramatic flourish.

"Cheers to the party and all the chaos it will bring."
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
backslash

Post by backslash »

"I wish," Andy said in response to Mikki's tease that he might have been lighting up before school let out. He'd had to drive to the store and then here, and he could imagine few things worse than getting pulled over high, with a fake ID and a treasure trove of booze. He had some foresight.

Just enough foresight to get him here. Once things got going, he planned to drink until he forgot how to count.

He brushed his hand over Mikki's back, just slightly more than friendly contact, before he turned his attention to mixing his own drink and raising it for the toast.

"Cheers to the party, and uh- the future, and shit. Assuming we live to see tomorrow." Andy shot a grin in Forrest's direction once more and downed a gulp. If he drank fast, he might get the beginnings of a buzz going by the time Erika arrived. "Crossfaded" wasn't necessarily Andy's favorite state of being, but it was at least in the top five.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"Alright."

Mikki didn't even have to think.

"Cheers to fucking these people up so goddamn bad they'll still be talking about it at our reunion."

She downed half her drink in seconds, and everything after that...

((Mikki Swift continued in Just Dance))
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
backslash

Post by backslash »

Down, down, down. Three gulps for three people.

It felt like the right way to kick off the night.

((Andy Silverman continued in Just Dance))
Deamon

Post by Deamon »

Forrest saw off her drink.

Then she went up to her room to feed all her anibros and lock it up before the mayhem arrived.

((Forrest Quin continued in The Good in Everyone))
V8
Aracelis Fuentes
California “Cali” Fox
Darryl Smith Jr.
Jessica Romero
[+] V7
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Charelle Chernyshyova — 5:34 PM
yo gonna get here soon

parrots going caw all over the place, gotta pick em up and clean the house before i can go
once that’s done tho i’ll do my sonic and step it up
just u guys wait

Charelle Chernyshyova — 5:47 PM
alright out the house
in the car
driving down the street and texting while doing so
like REAL DRIVERS do
srs tho i will be there
sorey for the wait

Charelle Chernyshyova — 5:59 PM
stuck in traffic
worst lights in the country, i tell you
i’ve been in this jam for like
two songs
texting like A REAL DRIVER because i haven’t even moved for the past minute
not like any cop is gonna stop me tho
whatta they gonna do
go through traffic to get to me
nuh uh
don’t think so
ok i think cars are moving again bye for now

Charelle Chernyshyova — 6:20 PM
close
again, will be here in soon
prolly two weeks (™) at this rate but i will try

Charelle Chernyshyova — 6:35 PM
yo what up
i’m here
let me in

Charelle Chernyshyova — 6:38 PM
yo uh
guys
i’m here
please let me through this gate
i can’t stare it down any longer
its too powerful

Charelle Chernyshyova — 6:42 PM
plz

((Charelle Chernyshyova, continued elsewhere))

Return to “Events/Other”