Just Wants A Distraction

((OPEN to anyone))

Found on the ground floor, Beale Library has an airy feel due to its abundance of floor-to-ceiling windows. These offer a view of the grounds on two sides, while the third faces the street in front of the school. However, the library's breezy aesthetic hides its funding shortage: most of the textbooks lining the shelves are old and outdated, many with their pages doodled on by bored students, whilst the fiction section suffers from a rather limited range of well-worn novels. The library is open to students at all times during the school day and for three hours afterwards, making it a popular place to study or have lunch; while food is technically prohibited, this rule is rarely enforced. The library features single chairs scattered among the shelves, as well as larger, more centrally located tables surrounded by chairs.
MrMissMrs Random†

Post by MrMissMrs Random† »

Rick smiled at Fiyori's answer. It seemed like she thought a lot about it so far, with how calmly she replied. Unlike him. There was no panic, no fear of the unknown in her response. "That sounds cool. I'm sure you'll be great helping people."

Fiyori was great at a lot things, and she was smart. It was obvious she would have things planned out. They were both seniors and had to start thinking about those things. Most people were like Fiyori, having some goal to strive for.

"I'm... not sure yet." he replied. If he ask Fiyori about the future it was fair enough to tell her his lack of it. "Isaac is planning on working with our dad, but I've always been terrible with carpentry."

At least he knew for sure that he would never be a carpenter. One of the times his dad let him into his work shop, Rick nearly sawed off his pinky when trying to cut a piece of wood. he still had a scar on the upper half of his finger from that. Rick looked down at his hand, flexing his fingers back and forth. Maybe to check that they were all still there.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler MrMissMrs Random. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Riki

Post by Riki »

Ah, so she was still good at that. Projecting this image of confidence. Was kinda an important skill to her. And also it was kinda adorable. That meant, Rick was adorable. He replied with some kind of sincerity. Perhaps, if she interpreted it correctly, there even was some form of respect in his voice.

There he went though and admitted to his own lack of planning. Fiyori looked at him and smiled.

Yeah, he would make a shit carpenter. Her eyes darted to Rick's fingers, and it seemed as if he thought even the same. She chuckled as he did so, nodding in agreement.

"Well, true. But be careful about the pressure. Family can be really tough if you don't know what to do with your life."

Fiyori put her bag on. She stood up from her chair. Time to leave, she guessed. She liked talking with people, but for some reason felt displeasure with staying in the library. Gotta get some air. Shake them legs up.

"Anyway, I gotta go for a walk. Sitting too much'll kill me. Unless you, like, really want to immerse yourself in study... I'll invite you to do the same."

[Fiyori Senay, continued in Skeletons and Spaghetti]
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
MrMissMrs Random†

Post by MrMissMrs Random† »

Rick watched for a moment as Fiyori walked away, before looking back down at his phone. What she said was right. If he wasn't going to do any studying, it would be best to leave.

His hand moved across the screen, back to the episode he had been planning to watch. He tapped the "play" icon.

It would be best, but Rick preferred to stay in the comfortable space of the library for a little while longer.

(Rick Brea continued Elsewhere...)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler MrMissMrs Random. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Beale Library”