Prize Fighter

'i'm dancing to the beat of her drum' - Sumac Baseball Diamond

Sumac Park is a sprawling recreation area with two large grassy fields, a baseball diamond, a fitness area, and a children's space. The fields are wide enough to accommodate weekend tai chi as well as ultimate frisbee. The children's playground has a slide, a swing set, a jungle gym, and wood chips to cushion unexpected falls. The fitness area includes a number of outdoor workout stations with instructions. There are also two barbeque pits to allow for picnics. One thing the park lacks is much in the way of tree cover; there are a handful of small trees along the edges of the park, but by and large the only shade is provided by pavilions constructed for that purpose.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Noah got up off the ground and walked towards the bubbler. He didn't seem too bad. If he could still walk then he probably wasn't going to have any lasting injuries from tripping up. Well, the wound could get infected, actually, but they were only a couple of grazes, nothing to get too worried about. Noah should probably be worried a bit more about Abby's dog. It wanted to rush after him, but it was bound by its leash. Ben stepped back a little from it. It seemed to be more of the "endlessly love you" kind of dog, but he could be wrong. Better to be safe than sorry.

Abby also asked him if today was a baseball day. Ben shrugged. "I dunno. I thought it was." He placed his hand in his pocket, trying to get his phone out. "But I'm the only one here, apparently. I figured that I'd give here five more minutes before I leave and take my sister shopping, until you guys showed up." He checked his phone to see if Lana had texted him back. Apparently not. He closed his phone and put it back into his pocket, turning his attention back to Abby
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Noah hummed the chorus of "Summertime Sadness" to himself as he dipped his hands under the cool water from the bubbler. It felt nice compared to the stinging sensation that emanated from his hands. Once that was done, he shook the excess water off and began to treat the injury. Noah wasn't that much of a baby when it came to hurting himself; after all, beauty is pain. But it still bugged him like crazy, so he wanted it dealt with as quickly as possible.

Once he had bandages on his palms, he then moved onto the knees. He moved a lot quicker this time. He knew he was probably holding Abby up since he had her first aid kit, so he knew to get back to her as soon as possible in case she needed to be anywhere.

The knees were treated soon, and Noah felt better. Now he needed to go back and pet the dog some more.

He quickly skip-stepped his way back to Abby and Ben. He quickly whistled at them.

"Hey, thanks for the kit," Noah said. "Now the only pain I feel is emotional."
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Noah seemed to be doing much better, which was great! Especially when he was coming back. Ben wasn't exactly the most open conversationalist, and while she tried to be nice to everyone, she had to admit that Ben's...reputation left her a little uncomfortable. She'd never seen him act hateful, personally, so she hoped that it was just an old comment that got exaggerated and spread out of hand. Few things got under her skin like discrimination, especially homophobia. Some of the stories Papa told her about growing up out, and the things people said and did from that personal perspective...

No need to worry about that now, though! They were all friends and having fun, so nobody needed to get into that kind of trouble right now. She took her kit back with a smile and snapped her fingers. "I might have something for that too!" While she was tucking the kick back into her purse, she opened the inside pocket where she kept her sweets and pulled out a small stack of plastic-wrapped cookies. Their smell drifted out into the open air as she unwrapped them and held them out in her hand. "Just made 'em this morning! They're peanut butter chocolate chip, and there's three of 'em, so ya'll can have one if you like."
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Ben could see Noah start to come back, which was good. Wound looked clean from here at least, so it wasn't like he was going to die or anything. Noah was halfway back when Ben noticed his phone vibrating in his pocket. Lana? He instinctively took it out, fumbling his way through the password. He got it wrong the first time, his finger hitting both zero and eight at the same time and messing it up. He tried again, a little more carefully this time. 0506, and he was in. He went to his notifications bar and there it was.

yay! sure, i'd be happy to go.

The fact that Lana seemed happy at the fact that baseball practice wasn't on was a little weird, but he didn't pay too much mind to that. She was probably more happy that she got to go shopping for homecoming than at Ben's practice being cancelled. Hell, he was probably more happy about the former than the latter. Not that it'd be hard to, anyway. Getting cancelled was kinda super disappointing and all.

He looked up. Abby and Noah didn't seem to be paying attention to him. He used this as an opportunity to slink away, quickly stepping past the path and out of sight. If they asked him why he left at school tomorrow he'd explain why. He'd also apologize, if they wanted one. He doubted that they'd need an apology, but it was better to keep every option up. Just in case something happens.

((Ben Fields, continued in Let's Go Out Tonight))
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Noah chuckled to himself as Abby said she had a remedy for his emotional pain. Noah wasn't going to hold his breath for anything, but he was curious what she was going to produce from her bag. That's when a sweet smell hit the air. She had cookies. Suddenly, all the emotional trauma Noah felt from tripping was gone and replaced by an insatiable desire for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.

"Aaaand you just became my hero," Noah said taking the cookie from Abby.

Noah took a bite and savored it. It was certainly better than anything he could bake, and it made him feel really happy.

"Oh man, Abby," Noah said. "You've got a gift."

Noah then noticed the other boy was gone. Noah wasn't sure where he went, but he figured the guy had stuff to do. He turned his attention back to Abby.

"But man, I'm glad I ran into you today," he told Abby. "You've got everything in that bag I could need, like a younger Mary Poppins or something. You sure came prepared today."
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Noah's bright praise made a flush come to her cheeks as she giggled and waved her hand dismissively. "Oh, just what the good Lord gave me and a lot of cribbing from Granny, if there's a gift in there it sure doesn't belong to me. I'm glad you like it, though!"

She turned to offer one to Ben, but it seemed he'd run off. In the back of her mind, she couldn't help but wonder if maybe her presence had run him off. She shouldn't think things like that about people, and she tried not to, but, it was Ben...oh well. It probably wasn't personal, and if it was it was about something she wouldn't change even if she could, so she wasn't going to fuss over it. You just can't please everybody, some folks have always got to be wound up about something.

Her bright smile returned to Noah, only slightly faded from the shaded detour her mind had taken. "Boy, now being Mary Poppins sure would be a trick. It'd make organizing my purse a whole lot easier!" She liked Noah, he was just a happy, easy going sort of person. She really needed to get out to see one of his shows sometimes. Even if they weren't exactly her cup of tea, it was great to support friends, and who knows, she might even end up enjoying herself?
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Yeah, Mary Poppins had all the hacks," Noah said. "Plus she had the poise to carry it all off, which is nice."

Noah quickly finished off the cookie. It was really nice to run into someone cool and friendly while jogging.

"So, how are you doing?" Noah asked. "Are you enjoying the park as much as your furry friend is?"
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Abby was just about to answer Noah when Elvis went wild and started tugging her in a random direction, barking excitedly with his ears flopping around. She tried to stop him from pulling her away, but he was too worked up, and it was all she could do to hold on and keep up.

"Sorry," she cried out as she stumbled away, "guess we're on the hunt again! I'll talk to you later!"

((Abby Floyd Continued In Involvement))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

[+] V7 Characters
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Before Abby could respond, her dog suddenly went berserk and pulled her away. She apologized and said she'd talk to Noah later.

"Yeah, definitely!" he replied. "Have a good day!"

Noah smiled as Abby and her dog disappeared.

"Man, that's the fifth time I've lost someone's attention to a dog," he muttered to himself.

Noah started getting back into his jog. The rest of his jog was unlikely to be as eventful as this moment, but he was sure it was going to be good.

((Noah Whitley continued in Screamer, Screamer, He's a Dreamer))

Return to “Sumac Park”