Night Shift

open

This is the place for threads that don't fit neatly into any other category, but do take place within the city of Kingman. Are your characters going to church? Cruising the streets in one of their cars? Attending a relative's wedding? This is the board for that sort of thing. Please use this board only for threads that really don't fit anywhere else, however; threads that take place in one of the delineated areas, even if they represent events, should be placed in the area board for better organization. Threads that take place outside the city of Kingman should also be placed in the appropriate board.
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

He found the apple juice. Tara was right, they were in those little cup things that you give to old people to drink. Let's see... two of these would make a cup of apple juice, and Lana normally had two per day, at breakfast and dinner. He picked up six, just to be safe, and headed back to the counter.

He came back to see Conrad trying to buy a sandwich for himself, but for whatever reason Tara wasn't very happy about that. He almost thought that she was overcharging him, which he was pretty sure it was illegal? Either way, she was being really passive aggressive to him for no real reason. He went up to the counter.

"Wow, you're really taking the piss out of him buying that sandwich, aren't you?"
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

B003: Jeremy Frasier — "Yeah. No regrets." — 57%
Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer
PREGAME — Past: ☆ ☆ ☆ | Present: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ | Sadie Hawkins: ☆ ☆
V6: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
THEME: OneRepublic — Love Runs Out

B013: Alvaro Vacanti — "Thank... you..." — 41%
Kills: 3 | Equipped with: MAC-10
PREGAME — Past: ❇ ❇ ❇ | Present: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ | Sadie Hawkins: ❇ ❇
V6: ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇
THEME: The Megas — The Haystack Principle

G030: Jasmine King — "I win." — 11%
Kills: 0 | Equipped with: Brass Knuckles
PREGAME — Past: | Present: ☻ ☻ ☻ | Sadie Hawkins: ☻
V6: ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻
THEME: Luck Ganriki — golden sneer
[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Clover Wilkinson-Crowheart — The Cryptid — "Don't... talk to me..."
Teddy "Theodore" Berenson — The Crusader — "Be excellent to each other."
Yong Yi "Penny" Yu — The Burnout — "I DO TWO THINGS I RAP AND FUCK"
RC†

Post by RC† »

"It's okay, Ben."

He took 2 more bills out and gave the 15 dollars to Tara. She probably needed them. Desperately. Or she was just a jerk. Either way, in the future he'd buy his sandwiches elsewhere.

Then he took the sandwich, turned around and went through the door while waving at the other two.

"See you tomorrow", he said with a slightly groggy voice.

((Conrad Timothy Harrod continued in For the people all said "Sit down, sit down you're rockin' the boat."))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RC. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

He stared at the change in front of him.  She stared at the change.  Then he put two more bills on the counter, and left with a "good evening" and a "see you later."

"Wait!" she called, too late.  He was already out the door.  Tara stared after him, blinking between the money on the counter and the other boy with her this evening.

"Uh..." she stared, staring at the money.  "This was...he just paid 30 dollars for a 5 dollar sandwich."  She stared at the money.  "I don't...what do I...?"

This was turning into one of her weirder shifts.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Conrad for whatever reason didn't take his change. Instead, he gave Tara fifteen more dollars before leaving the place. Was he retarded or something? She was pretty clearly giving him back his money there. Tara was kinda surprised, moving her head both ways towards him and the money, asking what she should do. He supposed that it was his turn at the counter, and stepped forwards.

"Hey, take it this way, you now have 25 more dollars than normal." He looked around a bit. "Probably more than what they pay you at this place." He managed a small smirk at her, trying to get her to do the same. "If you really care about being overpayed by him give him the money back tomorrow."

Now that that was over with, he lifted up the apple juice cups, six in total. He made sure that he didn't drop any of them on the floor, before he put them on the counter. "How much should I pay for these?"

He was probably going to have to get more after school today, but hey, at least he had something that worked for now.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

Kills: 2 | Equipped with: Scoped Raging Bull, $1000, Wooden Baseball Bat, Eyepatch, Pancor Jackhammer

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Nicholas "Nick Andretti" Andretti — The Mercenary — "Have a problem? I can help you. For a price."
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Tara grimaced.  "Yeah," she said.  "I'm really looking forward to playing Abraham Lincoln."  Huh, two Lincoln references in one night.  She wondered if that had any significance.

She grabbed one of the apple juices and ran it through six times.  She blinked.  "Huh," she said.  "11 dollars even."  She looked over the juices.  "Are you just really thirsty?"

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[/url]

V6

V5

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Tara wasn't really okay with the prospect of giving the money back to Conrad, it seemed.  She visibly grimaced at what he said, and referenced... Abraham Lincoln? He wasn't quite sure what that meant, despite being an American History buff. Oh well, didn't matter. If he really cared he'd just research it on the internet tomorro-wait, not tomorrow, today, technically.  He had to remember that it was past midnight now. It was going to throw him off while he was here but once he got sleep he'd be able to actually adjust to the fact that tomorrow was actually today right now. Once he got up today, it wouldn't matter anymore, so it didn't matter, in the long run.

Tara ran one of the apple juices through the counter six times, and gave him the price. $11? Huh, that was more expensive than he'd thought it would be. He reached into his own pockets, trying to get a grip on his wallet. She asked why he needed them, and he responded truthfully.

"It's actually for my sister. I forgot to do some when I was doing the shopping earlier today. I was going to get some more tomor-today after school but I wanted to make sure she wouldn't complain."

He grabbed his wallet, placing it on the counter. He took out three $5 bills and placed them on the counter. "Here you go." He said in a singsong tone of voice.
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

"1.69 times 6," Tara said.  "Comes out about right, I think."  She waited as he told her why he'd shown up at this hour, and handed her the money a sing-song lilt that somehow managed to not be annoying.  Tara smiled.  It softened her hard, sleep-lined face, smoothed it out so she looked a little less cynical.  "That's sweet," she said, taking the bills and handing him back four singles.  Then she glanced over at the little pile of money Conrad had left.

"Do you have any classes with him?"  she asked.  "I don't know what his schedule is."

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Yugikun

Post by Yugikun »

Tara went through the math, telling him how she had gotten that price from only using one of the things. He honestly didn't really need it that much, really; he had gotten the main idea of it when she got the price out. She probably was just saying that for herself for whatever reason. Eh, it didn't really matter that much, soon as she gave him his change he'd be out of here and he'd probably forget about this in a few days.

And she did. She passed over the $4 of change that he needed. He was kinda sad that she didn't announce the amount of change like she did with Conrad, he was kinda hoping that she did so that he could put more money on the counter as a joke and so that they could laugh together, but she didn't, which sucked. She asked him if he had any classes with Conrad. He... was pretty sure he was? He wasn't quite sure. He was probably in his maths or English class or something. He was pretty sure he didn't have any of them in the next school day, though.

"I don't think I have one with him today, sorry. I think he's in student council, though, so he might be there today, if that helps." He wasn't quite sure that what he said made sense. It probably did, but he was tired and he wasn't sure. He took his change off the counter. "I'm going to go to bed now, if you don't mind. See you later I guess." He picked up his six cups and left the store.

((Ben Fields continued in There's No Time Here in Space))
[+] The Past
Image Image Image

[+] The Future
ImageImageImageImage

Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Student council?  That wasn't a bad tip.  "Okay," she said.  "Thanks."  Without much further ado, Ben turned and left.  "Uh, see you," she managed, before he vanished out the door.  She grimaced after him, then dug through the money on the counter.  All of this had to go back to him.  Another task she didn't want.

She sighed and leaned down on the counter, pulling out her old Wal-Mart gophone with a proper SIM card installed.  One hour to go.

It was gonna be a long night.

(Tara Behzad continued in Aurum Fuscum)

[/url]

V6

V5

v4

Return to “Events/Other”