Loud Girl And Quiet Boy

Calling for Lore ^^

Liberty Park is renowned for its beautiful landscaping and tranquil splendor. An oasis of greenery in the Mojave Desert, the town has invested a lot in keeping the park pristine, something enabled by both the aid of volunteering citizens and generous monetary donations. Unbeknownst to many, however, is that a large chunk of this money has been spent on security around the park. Hidden from public view through the many statuettes and hedge groves, CCTV cameras keep a concealed eye on the many visitors, just in case any vandals or litterbugs try to upset the natural harmony. This park is more of a destination for relaxation and contemplation than the larger Sumac Park, offering quiet places to stroll and a much more picturesque atmosphere.
Primrosette

Loud Girl And Quiet Boy

Post by Primrosette »

((Scarlett McAfee continued from And Then A Star.....))

Scarlett had always found Liberty Park somewhat intriguing as it felt like a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. It was like a big breath of fresh air to her as she was walking down a path. She smiled briefly to herself as she couldn't wait to have Jerry here with her. She really did love his company. She just hoped that he didn't find her a nuisance. If he did, then she wished that he could tell her.

Don't think about bad thoughts, Scarlett.

Scarlett shook her head and scolded herself for thinking negatively. She felt bad about leaving Jerry behind with Rea and Rene. But she couldn't have just dragged him out of there. Rea and Rene would possibly think that they were secretly dat-

Again. Don't think about that, Scarlett.

Scarlett giggled at the thought a little. Her and Jerry? That would be so strange. They were basically the opposites of each other. She knew about the whole 'opposites attract' thing. But she thought of Jerry nothing more than a friend. She nodded to herself as she found a perfect spot to sit and she did just that. She was now sitting on the grass and waiting patiently for Jerry. She hoped that he would find her soon.
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

(Jerry continued from "Then a star..,")
He tried.

He really, really tried to keep up with Scarlett but  buying a shirt and dealing with an in-training cashier really ate through his time. Not that it really mattered, he was sure she could wait. She can sit for a few minutes on a bench or something, he didn't want to fuss her feelings because he was late, that'd sucks.

Okay.

Breath in, breath out.

Like a choreographed dance, he entered the park. Left, right, left, right. No mistake until now, he looked around, his head, stretching around to find the girl.

As he continued to walk in the park, an old woman sitting on the bench feeding pigeons, smiling when she saw Jerry looking at her. The time seemed to have stopped. He loved this park, this atmosphere was special. Almost magical, almost ethereal.

Where was she? Did she ditch him? She wasn't the kind of girl that'd do such thing. She maybe is fast and furious, but she can keep a promise. He clung to his plastic bag, his right hand twisting around the handle and stretching the plastic. She couldn't have left him, right? He knew he was right there, somewhere. She wasn't on the path, maybe in the grass then.

There she was, sitting up straight, searching with her eyes Jerry. It didn't seem like she saw him, if she did she would have run to him and he would have known she was on her way because of her hollering. He walked toward her slowly, trying to make as little noise as possible. He was about to whisper, but realized that his voice could be muffled by the surrounding.

So he moved a little closer, and closer, and closer, and closer until he felt that his voice vould reach her.

"Hey, Scarlett."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett was actually looking off to her side when she heard Jerry approaching her and she looked back quickly when he spoke to her. She was relieved that he actually came. Why did she think that he wouldn't? He was her friend so of course he would see her. Don't get too clingy, Scarlett.

"Hey, Jerry. Sorry for rushing ahead of you like that. I'm just glad that you are here right now." Scarlett smiled up at him and she petted at the grass beside her. "You can sit beside me if you would like to. We haven't talked to each other in a while. Right?"

Scarlett actually felt bad about that. She actually did like to hang out with Jerry and have conversations with him. She just hasn't really done it that much since what happened with Danny. She really needed to let that go. She wanted to listen to Jerry this time.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

Oh man, please don't get awkward, please.

That was the only thing going through Jerry's mind when she spoke. She is going to talk about Danny, isn't she? But instead of frowning, she smiled at him and said how happy she was for him to be there. She was trying to move on from her relationship with Danny, obviously. It felt really weird to be there with the ex-girlfriend of one of his friend and that also happened to be a friend. She was a friend, he could talk to her and confide and she could do the same, that's a friend for sure.

She wanted him to sit beside her on the grass.  It was just a talk, nothing bigger than that, just a regular talk with a friend. Nothing more than that. She happened to be very considerate of him, she acknowledge his overall slowness of reaction and quietness. He enjoyed that, knowing somebody won't push him in a direction too fast. She was nice company.

He laid his plastic bag on the ground carefully and sat down beside her, not right beside her, at about an arm length of her. He felt like a knot was forming in his throat. He shallowed once, twice before it went down his body until it reached his stomach. He took a breath in and said,

"Yeah, it does awhile we spoke. So you wanted to, er, talk to me?"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett was relieved that Jerry was willing to sit with her. He wasn't too close to her and that was okay with her. Being too close seemed like an invasion of privacy. And it could possibly make the both of them feel uncomfortable. Scarlett didn't want that to happen. She wanted to be comfortable in Jerry's presence. She wanted him to be relaxed as well. It felt nice to be in a quieter place afterall.

After a few seconds, Jerry spoke to her. She really wanted to know how he was doing. Scarlett just gazed at Jerry for a while. He looked like he was doing alright. But she wanted to make sure by asking. Because she wouldn't know how he is really feeling.

"Yes, I do. I wanted to know how you were doing, Jerry." Scarlett was being honest with him and she was keeping eye contact with him. "I feel bad for not hanging out with you. I'm a pretty lousy friend."
[+] V7
Melusine

Post by Melusine »

"I'm doing fine."

Then a long silence followed by a smile from Jerry. Scarlett was very sweet, she actually felt bad for not talking to him for a while. Not that really bothered Jerry but he realized he missed her presence in his life. She was maybe loud and hasty, but she still understood how he felt about things moving too fast. He wanted to ask something, but he quickly wiped it out of his mind. A "how's your day?" and a "anything good happened lately?" is a much better question a friend.

She was a friend, and he could trust her. That's what really mattered. Jerry's body relaxed, his heart slowed down and his breath picked up a better pace. Them being alone in this park, with nobody else from school, made Jerry feel much better about the situation. But Scarlett felt bad about how she's been treating him, or the lack-of to be expect. He had to correct that, she had better things to do than hang around him with her having a boyfriend and all. He missed her a bit but he had other friends to keep company with. It's not like he dislike her, just forgot how her presence soothed him. He needed to let Scarlett know about it.

"Don't worry about it, it's not a big deal," he said, that made him look kind of rude, so he continued, "but it's nice to talk again.'
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Scarlett was relieved that Jerry didn't think badly of her. She had been worrying about it ever since breaking up with Danny. But she didn't want to think about Danny. She wanted to focus on Jerry. She wanted to be a better friend. Maybe she could ask him about something. But what?

She turned her head to glance at Jerry. Suddenly she thought of the dance. Thought of Henry and realised that her crush on him had been silly. Naive. Jae had scared her off. She never apologized to Henry. And she felt awful about it. She let out a pitiful sigh. Why could she never get it right with guys that she liked in the past?

Don't think about it! Focus on Jerry!

Scarlett stared up at the sky for a few seconds and then she glanced at Jerry again. Why was she suddenly being awkward? "Hey, Jerry.... Did you go to the dance at all?" She was curious and she wanted to start up a conversation with him. "I think I should have never gone with Henry. He's a nice guy but.... I don't know. Maybe I should have stayed home. Sorry, I'm kind of rambling. Aren't I?" She chuckled a little, smiling at Jerry.
[+] V7

Return to “Liberty Park”