[FIN] For Those Alone in the Blackest Night

[Closed]

Here is where all threads set in the past belong. This is the place to post your characters' memories, good or bad, major or insignificant. Handlers may have one active memory thread at the same time as their normal active present-day thread. Memory one-shots are always acceptable.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Where exactly things had been going would have to stay a mystery that only she knew the answer to, not too different from a few dozen other moments they'd shared at this point. Not that he minded. The crazy, mysterious way her head worked was just another part of what drew him to her, when you got down to the brass tacks of it.

For now, he was happy. He didn't get to say that too often, so he wasn't gonna get hung up on the details.

Not that the sound of the trunk slamming outside didn't cause him a moment or two of discomfort. Bee's parents were...different. Nice people, salt of the earth n' such, but not the kind he was used to being around, and if he didn't know better he would have damn near swore they enjoyed needling the two of them about their sorta complicated history. Maybe that was just his head being slightly off kilter though. He just didn't want to fuck up and embarrass her around them, and considering he'd never done this kinda thing before, he had to wonder just how her old man was going to react to him sitting in their house along with his daughter unannounced. Not exactly the sort of things parents tend to go over the moon for, in his experience. "Hope I'm not gettin' you in any trouble being here," he said with a slight chuckle that was meant to pass the statement off as a joke, but probably showed his nerves just a little too well.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Imehal†

Post by Imehal† »

It felt right to have Tyler here when she needed support and companionship, but her parents, despite their inclination to give her some extra space, would react, well, like parents. It would probably be after her boyfriend had awkwardly shuffled his way out of the house too, escaping like she could not, especially today. And that, Bernadette realised, just was not fair. There was the familiar sound of a door slamming.

It was almost natural to take her physical limits into consideration at the moment, because nothing was going to stop her from succeeding at her current scheme. Bernadette looked up at him, returning concern with a reassuring smile. Then came the footsteps on the concrete paving stones, reminding her that time was running out. "Don't look so worried, Ty."

The jangle of keys. She kissed him again to distract him from fingers that were tracing a path from his upper thigh. Then she laughed, pulling away from his lips as her fingertips grazed, intentionally, a touch too high. "He could have caught us doing much, much worse. Pass me the remote please?"

He, surprisingly, obliged meaning that the television was on so that the cuddling looked entirely innocent when her dad opened their front door. It also meant that Bernadette was able to hide some of her blush against Tyler as she turned to see her father ladened down with shopping bags.

"Dad!" She hit the mute button, then paused deliberately to look between him and her boyfriend, looking at least a little contrite. "Ty came to see me."

Her father, from what Bernadette could tell, did not miss a beat at the unexpected situation presented, smiling a greeting at their visitor as he set down the bags. "Hey Tyler. Do you mind ferrying these to the kitchen whilst I get the rest?" The fact that he did not pause for a response was a little odd, until he stopped half-turned to go back out the door with a slight frown on his lips. "And when I come back with the rest we can talk."
[Bernadette "Bernie" Thomas continued elsewhere]
[Tyler "Ty" Yazzie continued elsewhere]
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Imehal. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Memories from the Past”