Eric Silvstedt

Events from characters' pasts that occurred outside the timeframe of our current "Past" (be it the day before or nearly a year prior) are posted here. This forum served as a repository for posts ported from the V1 board or summaries of characters as written by their handlers. It has been replicated for the sake of completeness. All IC posts contained here may be read elsewhere in the V2 Pregame archive, often in more complete form. Summaries are unique to this board.
Megami†

Eric Silvstedt

Post by Megami† »

Original Post Title: "Cheer Practice"
Cameo Appearance

The baseball boys had also finished up their practice for the evening, and a select few were currently standing at the edge of the field, watching the ongoing antics of Lexie Williams and her companions.  Ricky Callahan, who had just recently moved to New Jersey from Montana, was one of these players.  As he overheard the duo of baseball boys talking about the girls in the convertible, he couldn't help but edge closer, curious as to what they were saying.  All of a sudden, Ricky felt a thud on his shoulder and saw a grin cross the face of one of the boys.

"There ya go, man.  Lexie Williams," he said with a wide grin, referring to the brunette currently in the middle of a seizure-like dance in the passenger's seat of the car.

The dark-skinned boy couldn't help but laugh nervously at the comment his companion had just made, and despite himself, his eyes wandered over to where the brunette was sitting.

"No kidding bro.  At least with her, ya know you won't have to work for it.  I heard she gives it up on the first date.  It's all a matter of convenience.  Why work for something when you can get it for free somewhere else?  And I'm tellin' ya, with THAT girl, gettin' it for free's a piece of cake."

A stupid grin crossed Ricky's face as his companion made the crude remark, but somewhere inside, the comment actually sort of bothered him.  I wonder if that girl knows they talk about her like that...

"Cake?" the other one chimed in, a grin crossing his features as well, "Nah, I'd say more like cherry pie.  Freshly baked cherry pie."

The two erupted in laughter and high-fived one another, and almost as if on cue, Ricky chimed in laughing as well.  Honestly, though, he didn't find the comment funny.  But, when in Rome, right?  Besides, he didn't know that girl, and truth be told, he wasn't the slightest bit interested.  Especially if what his companions had been saying about her was true.  Instead, Ricky's eyes wandered over to the blonde-haired girl sitting in the driver's seat of the Mustang, and a faint one-sided grin showed up on his face.  One of the two seemed to notice and a grimace showed up on his features before he began shaking his head.

"You can forget about that one, dude," he muttered.

As if taken aback by the remark, Ricky's attention broke from the group at the locker rooms and turned back toward his friends, an inquisitive expression now plastered across his features.  He didn't want to have to ask a stupid question... and surprisingly, he didn't have to.  His friend seemed to catch onto his thoughts, and went on to further explain the statement.

"She's fuckin' untouchable."

The second baseball boy took off his hat, revealing a bright orange mess of hair, and spit in the opposite direction before deciding to chime in on the conversation once again.

"She's uptight," the latter muttered after a moment, "And her dad's a freak on top of it.  Ya know, the kind who seriously answers the door with a shotgun.  Only guy who's ever even been close enough to have a chance to hit that's been Sorenson, and we're all pretty sure he's gay."

At that remark the first boy laughed so hard he actually snorted, and once again Ricky found himself laughing as well.  In all actuality, Ricky Callahan didn't know too much about Sam Sorenson, but from what he did know, Sam was actually a pretty decent guy.  Then again, his friends didn't seem to like him, so, what did he know?

"But yeah man," the second boy continued, as if ready to conclude his speech, "THAT girl... she's not worth the trouble.  Way too many hurdles, if you know what I mean.  Then again, I'm willing to bet the reward'd be pretty sweet.  You're better off goin' for Lexie, least then you can avoid doing circus tricks for nothin', ya know?"

"Ah..." Ricky muttered quietly.

Adjusting his ball cap so it shaded his eyes, he cast one final glance toward the duo in the convertible, then turned back to his friends as they started to walk off in the opposite direction.  Hurridly trailing behind them, Ricky barely overheard the redheaded boy make an inquiry concerning someone named Andy Edwards and a party he was supposed to be throwing.  Apparently, this kid threw some pretty wild parties.  The thought piqued Ricky's interest, and he'd soon forgotten about the awkward conversation he and the other two had just had concerning the cheerleader girls.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Original Post Title: "A Lone Soul at the Bar and Grill"

A light laugh escaped her lips at Matthias's sarcasm, even more so when he began his declaration about his dad and sister. Musing for a moment on his words about leaving before getting old, Whitney couldn't help but add her own little commentary in as well. Pretending to study his hair scrutinizingly, she finally pointed to a spot on his head and a smile overcame her face.

"Looks like you're too late, I see a grey hair in there."

Upon his inquiry regarding Kurai, Sam, and Lexie, Whitney cast another glance around Bensons in search of the trio she had entered with. Seeing them scattered in various places around the restaurant, she only nodded slightly in regards to his question. Whitney's attention turned to the door as it suddenly swung open, the bright light from outside enshrouding the dark little restaurant for a moment, and the outline of two figures could be seen stepping through the door.

Whitney's face immediately flushed a bright red in color and she cast her attention the other way, hoping no one would notice. Of all the people who could've possibly stepped into the restaurant, it would have to be Ricky Callahan and his frizzy haired companion from the baseball team. Pretending not to see them, Whitney didn't acknowledge their prescence, and instead turned to face Matthias once again.

"So... uh... do you come out here often?"

As Ricky Callahan stepped through the doors to the small bar and grill that was somewhat of a local hangout, his eyes travelled across the interior of the building and he immediately noticed her. A faint smile crossed his lips and he almost contemplated walking over to say hello. Instead, he immediately saw the companion she had in the form of Matthias Kovalenko. Sam Sorenson, Ricky could handle. Sam seemed like kind of a girly guy anyway. Matthias was another story, however.

He'd always sort of seemed strange. Sarcastic, cynical, and a complete train-wreck when it came to that little sister of his. Ricky never quite understood that, he didn't worry about his little brother. He could handle himself, right? Then again, Ricky had heard the stories about Matthias. Kids say nasty things, stories get twisted around. Despite that... from what he'd heard, Matthias Kovalenko was quite the weirdo. Why would Whitney Acosta of all people hang out with someone like that?.

Whatever.

It seemed almost stupid to get jealous over her being with some other guy, it wasn't as if Ricky ever really spoke to her anyway. He never had the chance. She was always surrounded by people... people like that loud-mouthed Williams girl and Sorenson. It made her seem... unapproachable, maybe? Well that and the fact that his friends would probably nag him to no end for even talking to her, especially after everything he'd been "forewarned" about. Ricky was immediately thrown back to reality at the sound of his friend's nagging voice.

"Dude, what the hell's your problem? You gonna come back from outer space anytime soon so I can get a damned hamburger?"

"Huh?"

It took the hispanic boy a moment to come back from his reverie and return to the real world, but when he did he simply shrugged his shoulders and motioned for his friend to stand in the line to order. Watching his friend eyeball the menu like it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen, Ricky couldn't help but fade back into his own little world. Who would've ever thought that Matthias Kovalenko of all people would be having lunch with Whitney Acosta? Either way, that's certainly what it looked like from Ricky's point of view.  

Posted by: MooCow Jun 14 2006, 10:51 AM
Andie Colvin carried the various entrees of her patrons with great dexterity. She hated her waitressing job at Bensons but she was damn good at it, that was for sure. One might have been surprised at the sight of such a tiny, willowy girl balancing what appeared to be at least have a dozen dishes in her arms.

As she carefully manuevered the aisles and boothes Andie noticed several of her classmates scattered throughout the restaurant. The beautiful Whitney Acosta sat at a table with Matthias Kovalenko. Andie found that slightly odd, she didn't know they were friends. Andie thought Matthias was cute in a sort of mysterious way. He seemed so mature for their age.

As she passed them she smiled and said hello. She sighed inside... Matthias probably wasn't even worth dreaming about. Most of the boys seemed to either forget that Andie was a girl, or thought she was a lesbian. She had never been a girly girl. Boys went for girls like Whitney.

Rounding out her classmates seemed to be Sam Sorenson, that girl Lexie who's last name she couldn't recall and Kurai. Just out of the corner of her eye Andie could see Ricky Callahan and one of the other baseball players entering.

She arrived at the table of her customers, a group of middle aged women, and gingerly served them their meals.

"Would you like a refill on that Diet Coke miss?" Andie quipped with her slight southern twang.  

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jun 14 2006, 01:31 PM
Matthias tilted his head to one side in slight confusion as Whitney suddenly began staring at him in a rather scrutinizing manner, feeling only vaguely daunted at being studied at so closely by a girl. He observed her as she observed him, subconsciously deciding that she didn't look half bad, actually. She was quite cute, a pretty face and all. He smiled with hidden incredulity at this thought, and laughed, nudging a finger against the spot on his head where she had pointed at.

He tugged at a brown lock of hair. "Aw, man...that makes the third one I've found all year. Sure hope my memory stays intact by the time they get here." He smiled warmly at her, before tilting his head towards the direction of her gaze. From where he was sitting, he could see Kurai, Sorenson, and Lexie where he was sitting, recognizing them immediately as his fellow classmates. It seemed as though they were up and about getting their lunch before finding a table, most likely they had come with Whitney.

"Brought your friends along with you, huh?" Matthias asked her. "Well that's nice, proves your social life over my lack thereof." He shrugged apologetically and laughed a bit. However, Matthias noticed that her attention had suddenly turned elsewhere, towards something that seemed to make her turn somewhat warm and red in the face before she looked away, as though pretending not to have seen anything. Not buying it, Matthias turned his head, having to lean his elbow against the chair in order to see a full 180 degrees behind him.

Matthias raised an eyebrow slightly at the sight of Ricky Callahan entering the restaurant, unmistakeable amongst the rest of the patrons. He frowned slightly, knowing fully well from observation how pompous Callahan could to others, especially in the pre
sence of his fellow teammates. He wasn't a bad guy, Matthias thought to himself, shrugging as he glanced towards Whitney. Just the fact that the attitude he put up seemed more like a front of confidence more than anything, superficial like his good looks.

Matthias remembered the way Whitney had blushed and turned away at the sight of Callahan, drawing up conclusions of his own, but saying nothing. Instead, he smiled and asked her with a subtle wryness in his tone, "Callahan another friend of yours?"

For the sake of not making Whitney uncomfortable, he decided to quickly change the subject. He crossed his arms in contemplation over her question and rested his elbows on the empty table. "Not too often, I'm in jazz band and the school choir, which demands afterschool practice both routinal and overtime. Also, my sis is in this school-sponsored environmental and global issues club, along with the softball team. I'm the one to walk her home, so I don't have much time for outings."

He smiled, not regretfully, but still sadly at this confession. He noted Andie Colvin, also from Franklin, though he didn't know her that well. As she passed by, he waved to her casually as she walked passed, greeting them shyly. Truthfully, he never knew that she worked here. He continued, refocusing on Whitney. "A shame though, this is rather a nice place, not to far from the school either. Where I live is a ways far off though, all the way in the next district, another reason why I rarely come here."

His musings were interrupted abruptly by the sound of his ringtone, a Vivaldi ritornello of some sort, typical of a nerd, Matthias thought with slight embarrassment. He withdrew his cellphone from his pocket, smiling an apology to Whitney. "'Scuse me for a moment." He flipped it open and held it to his ear.

"Hello? ...Oy, Dad, are you even coming to get me, or are you still at the restaurant?" He shook his head incredulously, then suddenly blinked in surprise before groaning in exasperation. "...Not again! Man, I hope you're insured. Mom is going to kill you for trashing her jeep again."

He paused, before sighing and rolling his eyes again. "...what do you mean, JUST the garage door? ....And what am I supposed to do now? ....No way! Do you know how much a taxi costs to get to the next district? .....Okay, okay, nevermind. I'll think of something. .....Yeah, I'll be alright, don't worry about me. ...yeah, I'll take Jodeen with me, think she's still at softball practice. ...'kay, see you. Bye."

With an exasperated mutter, he repocketed his cellphone and shook his head towards Whitney, smiling apologetically at her. "Sorry about that, Dad called to say he punched a hole through our garage door, and the tire got shredded or whatever..." He sighed at leaned back against his chair.

"But that's fine for him, he just has to make sure he gets the thing replaced before Mom finds out, I think I might have to hitch a ride home or something..."  

Posted by: MooCow Jun 16 2006, 12:18 AM
As Andie carefully manuevered her territory the stress of so many customers began to grate on her nerves.

"Miss this steak is medium rare," a woman at a table which Andie was not waiting on stated irritably, stopping her, "I ordered my steak medium! First my husbands soup is cold, then we wait an hour for our meal! I demand to speak to the manager."

Andie stepped back nervously, "umm... well miss."

"Don't say 'umm'," the woman hissed rudely.

Andie couldn't believe the nerve of this woman. She hadn't even been waiting on these people.

"Can I help you ma'am?" a voice said from behind Andie.

It was Fritz the manager. Andie heaved a sigh of relief.

"Andie carry on," he said shortly and began to make negotiations with the woman... he'd probably offer her a free dessert or something.

Andie turned and made her way towards her destination, a refill of soda in her hands. Flustered from her dealings with the angry customers she failed to notice the 'WET FLOOR' sign. Needless to say Andie Colvin slipped, the Diet Coke glass flying from her hand and drenching a nearby denizen of Benson's Bar & Grill in cola.

Getting up Andie groaned inside and hurriedly apologized, "I'm so sorry!"

To her horror she realized that the person she had drenched in the sticky liquid was a familiar face, None other than that of Whitney Acosta.  

Posted by: Megami Jun 16 2006, 12:46 AM
Unfortunately for Whitney, her acting wasn't exactly top-notch, and it was apparent as Matthias seemed to catch on to her sudden change in mannerisms upon the entrance of Ricky Callahan. As he inquired gently about the guy, Whitney simply shrugged her shoulders, not so willing to divuldge that "secret" to someone she didn't know very well. Instead, she simply cast him a smile and nodded lightly.

"Something like that..."

As Matthias's cell phone rang, Whitney couldn't help but stifle a giggle at the conversation that proceeded to follow him answering. Smiling somewhat, the blonde mused over the one-sided ongoings she could hear over the phone call, finding it all rather amusing. As Matthias hung up the phone with an exasperated look on his face and proceeded to state what had happened, Whitney found herself laughing at the entire matter.

"You know..." she stated thoughtfully after a moment, "I can give you a ride home... if you want. I'll have to take them back to the school anyway when we head home, won't be a big deal to grab Jodeen along the way. I mean, like I said, if you want."

The fair-haired girl had virtually just finished her sentence when out of the corner of her eye she saw the waitress girl she barely knew as Andie Colvin slip and fall on the wet floor of the restaurant. Had Whitney had the reflexes to do so, she would've helped the girl. Instead, she simply looked on as the diet drink the girl was holding went flying from her hand and sprayed her in a sea of caffeine. Whitney held her arms out in a mixture of disgust, embarrassment, and surprise as she was coated in the sticky liquid.

Quickly jumping out of her seat, Whitney slowly looked down to see that indeed, she was completely covered in the sticky mess. She could hear the other girl apologizing profusely in the back of her mind, though it barely registered to Whitney. Instead she cast a glance to Matthias, to her friends who had stopped to stare in awe, and even a one of absolute horror to the guy of her dreams, who just happened to be standing there watching the entire thing. How embarrassing.

"I... It's fine."

That was all she could manage to say to the waitress. Part of Whitney honestly wanted to punch the girl in the face. She was outraged by the entire atrocity. Part of her knew it was just an accident, but she couldn't help but wonder in the back of her mind if perhaps Andie Colvin had dumped the soda on her on purpose. Girls like Andie... they tended to be jealous of Whitney. She saw it on a regular basis. Maybe this girl was just another one of them. Letting the negative thoughts slip out of her mind, Whitney looked down at her soda-drenched outfit once again and sighed.

What now?

Whitney Acosta simply continued to stand there, embarrassed to no end by the situation that had just occurred and unsure of how to handle it. Maybe she should just leave? Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the manager staring over there. Honestly, she didn't want the restaurant manager to come over and make a big scene of things. It was just an accident after all, right?  

Posted by: MooCow Jun 16 2006, 09:47 AM
Flushing crimson Andie knew it wasn't 'fine'. She had embaressed one of the most popular people at her school in a public place. Not that Andie gave a shit about popularity. She was fairly popular herself being on friendly terms with most.

"Let me help you get cleaned up Whitney," Andie suggested, "I've got my break anyway. I'm so sorry."  

Posted by: Megami Jun 20 2006, 08:51 PM
(OOC: I'd planned on waiting for Maka but... mahh, no posts for 4 days make me nervous.)

"No, really, it's fine," Whitney started, "...Really. It's... it's just a little soda, right?"

Mustering the friendliest smile she could, Whitney cast it toward Andie, feeling just as bad for the waitress as she did for herself. Sure, she was drenched in soda, and sure, the guy she liked had probably witnessed the entire ordeal, but it could be worse, right? She could be Andie. It could be her boss standing there with a glare contorting his features because of the incident that had just occurred.

Shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly, Whitney excused herself from the table she had occupied with Matthias Kovalenko and proceeded to escort herself into the nearby women's restroom. The door to the bathroom creaked open, illuminating the stalls in a pale glow. Making her way to the row of sinks, Whitney did a quick once over of herself in the mirror. It really wasn't all that bad. Yeah, she had a gigantic wet blotch covering her shirt and a good portion of her lap, but what can you do?

After a moment, Whitney reluctantly turned the water on and grabbed a handful of paper towels from the dispenser. After soaking the towels in the water, she proceeded to attempt to blot the coke spill clean. Finding some success, Whitney smiled to herself. However, the fact remained that there was still a wet spot covering the better part of her mid-section. Sighing irritatedly, Whitney held her head in her hands and stared at the reflection looking back at her in the mirror.

What a nightmare...

Somewhere between ordering lunch and the events that had recently unfolded, the frizzy-haired baseball player Ricky had been accompanying to the dinner (Eric) had instructed Ricky to find them a seat, and he had inconspicuously seated himself almost within hearing range of the table being occupied by Whitney and Matthias. It wasn't like Ricky made it a habit of eavesdropping on other people's conversations, but something about the couple didn't sit right with him, and he was curious as to what would inspire the two to have lunch together.

Pretending he hadn't noticed either of them, Ricky stared ahead at the other residents of the bar, awaiting Eric's return and fading back into his own world... at least until Andie Colvin proceeded to trip and douse the blonde-haired girl he'd been listening in on in a sea of Coca-Cola. He was taken aback by the incident and found himself just sitting there, an astounded expression on his face. Suddenly he was in an odd predicament. He could be a gentleman and offer to help her, then probably have to put up with Eric later because of it. He could laugh, which was more than likely what his friend would do, and lose any points he had gained in her book, or he could continue to sit there and stare like an idiot.

Ricky opted for the latter. Looking on in awe as the two girls had a rather tense moment, Ricky could hear footsteps approaching the table, followed by the laughter of his companion. Apparently he'd been right, and Eric seemed to find the situation hysterical. The redheaded boy cackled out loud as the blonde girl took off toward the restroom. Suddenly, a sly smile went over his lips and he kicked Ricky to get his attention.

"Man, that was great! Looks like you got to see more than me though, dude, that sucks. It looked like a wet t-shirt contest going on over here! I hope she kicks Andie's ass, I'd love to see a catfight. That'd be fuckin' hot."

Yet again, Ricky found himself divided. He was honestly pretty repulsed by what his friend had just stated, he didn't think of women as objects for his amusement. Not usually, anyway. Not when he wasn't around his friends. Inwardly, he wanted to stand up for the girl he liked, tell his friend to stop being an asshole, tell him to grow up and act like a man.

"Heh... yeah."  

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jun 22 2006, 07:56 PM
Matthias' dark eyes lit up at Whitney's suggestion that she give him a ride home. Leaning an elbow along the table, he asked, "Really? It won't be any trouble at all?"

A wave of relief swept over him as he smiled with gratitude towards her. "That'll be great, Whitney, you don't have to drive all the way to our place you know? It's a ways far off, so you could drop us someplace where we could walk all the way back. And here's hoping that Jodeen will show up real soon-"

The sight of Andie Colvin slipping over on the wet floor came into view as Matthias was abruptly cut short by the splashing sound of flying coke. Indeed, the brown mass of liquid effectively drenched practically the entirety of Whitney's form, staining her clothes and hair in a brown, sticky mess. Matthias could do nothing else but blink and stare at the rather embarrassing situation that had just unfolded. Andie, who had accidentally thrown the drink all over Whitney, was apologizing profusely while Whitney looked on in red-hot shame and disgust.

"Oy..." Matthias' voice stammered weakly, as he stood up, thinking that he ought to help out a bit. But as the shirt doused with coke darkened into blatant transparency, Matthias blinked again, and turned a subtle shade of red. Immediately, he turned away, looking equally embarrassed as he covered his face with a hand. Looking sidelong towards Whitney, trying to look only towards her face, he muttered awkwardly, "Better be cleaning up a bit there..."

Then again, if he was embarrassed....Matthias started to imagine how Whitney must feel, given her current state in the middle of this public environment, in front of so many people she knew from school. Trying to be helpful, he reassured them, "I'll help clean up here, you two go on."

As Whitney Acosta retreated, dripping, into the nearest ladies' room, with Andie in full pursuit, Matthias quickly bypassed the area of wet floor that Andie had slipped on and made his way to the counter, where a napkin dispenser was sitting. Taking the liberty to grab a handful of dry, clean napkins, he made his way back to his table and began wiping it down, first the table surface, then Whitney's seat, both drenched in coke.

He had started cleaning up the floor when his ears suddenly filled with the snickers and hysterical laughter coming from table not too far off. The circular movements of Matthias' arm as he wiped down the floor stopped short as though suddenly frozen, his eyes narrowed slightly as a frown replaced his usually easygoing and good-natured expression.

Demurely, he stood up, ever carefully, at first looking as though he had not heard a word from the group. Then, resting a hand upon the damp table and leaning over a bit, he cast a sidelong glance of disdain towards the group of schoolmates that had made fun of Whitney. Matthias also noted with interest that Ricky Callahan was among them, though he gave no hint that he had noticed Ricky in particular.

"It must be nice, being able to make fun of others without realizing how hurt or embarrassed they might be," he told them in a voice that was casual, yet subtly scathing, making sure that all of them heard his every word perfectly. "Glad to see that you're so amused."

Turning back to his cleaning, he noticed that some of the coke had splattered onto his saxophone case, now sitting in a puddle of coke. He made an irritated noise with his tongue, after all the money and time he had spent getting this repaired, getting it stained with coke was the last thing he needed. Worried, he began to quickly wipe down the outside of the case, making sure it was free from stain. Once that was done, he immediately opened the case, which was in no way water proof, to inspect the well-being of the contents.

Luckily it seemed that little of the coke had made its way inside. Matthias looked over the contents of the saxophone case, his prized alto saxophone, unassembled and neatly lain in the interior of the case, along with basic care equipment, cork grease and polishing cloth. Nevertheless, he set the entire case along the table and began wiping a bit of the inside of the case. Occasionally he cast a glance between the washroom, in case Whitney came out, and the windor, in case Jodeen had finally decided to show up.  

Posted by: Megami Jun 22 2006, 09:39 PM
Eric Silvstedt, a.k.a. #17 on Franklyn Senior High School's baseball team, raised his eyebrows in irritation as he was all but scolded by the student who was sitting a few tables away from him. Pushing his chair back and rising to his feet, Eric cast the brown-haired boy an evil glare before looking back at Ricky and motioning for him to follow en suite. Ricky simply cast his companion a questioning glance, but stood up and followed quietly as Eric strode over to the table Matthias was located at.

"You got a problem?" Eric all but shouted, causing a few disgruntled stares from the restaurants other patriots.

"Dude..." Ricky chimed in quietly, "Don't start anything, this isn't the place."

Completely ignoring the hispanic boy's warning, Eric took another step toward the table and placed his hands at the corner, looking Matthias directly in the eye. One thing the majority of the baseball team, as well as probably the rest of the school, knew about Eric Silvstedt was that he had a very, very bad temper. Ricky cowered behind, his mouth somewhat agape, as he watched his friend's immature display of behavior.

"I asked you a question, pansy-fuck. You got a fucking problem or not?"

"Hey Eric, chill out man," Ricky once again interrupted, only to once again be completely and totally ignored by the redhead.

In one fell swoop, the redhead's hand went flying toward Matthias's saxophone case, and in an instant, the open case and all its contents went flying onto the floor, most of the pieces flying out of the case upon impact. A large grin spread across Eric's face as he took another step toward Matthias. Meanwhile, all Ricky could do in the background was hold his hand up in the air and give an apologetic look to Matthias.

Fucking chad.

The thought ran through Eric's mind as he looked at Matthias and he once again smiled, looking down the few inches that divided him from the physically shorter Matthias. If only to put icing on the cake, Eric's foot almost immediately collided with the brown-haired boy's saxophone case once again, this time sending it jumping up in the air upon impact.

"I think we outta fix that problem of yours," Eric mused.

"Eric, seriously man, enough," Ricky spoke up, this time a little louder.

Spinning around momentarily, Eric cast Ricky a hateful glare before shaking his head and glancing back toward Matthias.

"You got a problem too?" he asked nonchalantly, as though he wouldn't think twice about turning on Ricky if the need arose.

"No, no. Just... we don't need to do this here, right?"

"Heh," was all Eric mustered as he looked back toward Matthias once again, as though contemplating his next course of action. He had all but destroyed Matthias's newly renovated saxophone, and all over Matthias reprimanding him for his actions concerning Whitney. Ricky could only look on forelornly, knowing he was completely powerless to do anything to stop Eric's antics.

"You wanna go, little man?" Eric inquired angrily, "You wanna take this outside?"  

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jun 22 2006, 11:38 PM
For the moment being, Matthias had all but forgotten all about the boys sitting together only a few tables away, focusing all his attention onto his prized alto saxophone, making sure that it had not suffered any damage from the coke spillage. Luckily it seemed to be in the same condition as it had been when he'd finished getting it repaired: absolutely no less than perfect. He took a moment to admire it for a moment, fighting the urge to whisk it out and reassemble it, and break into sonorous melo-

Matthias felt his hackles raise slightly as he felt the presence of the two boys, Ricky Callahan and Eric Silvstedt drawing nearer in deliberate strides. He regarded them both with a look of caution and nonchalance, then found himself meeting Eric straight in the eye as the taller boy boldly leaned on his table. Not at all fazed by Eric's scathing remark towards him, nor impressed by his brazenness, Matthias held his gaze, evenly looking straight into Eric's eyes but saying nothing.

Though Matthias expression was stoic and emotionless, inside he felt deeply irritated by the nerve of this boy, one Eric Silvstedt. He cast a brief look of disdain towards Callahan, who was not at all liking how this situation was unfolding, but was remaining passive and compliant to Eric's whims.

Matthias opened his mouth to speak, about to tell Eric politely to leave him in peace and to get his greasy hands off the table he had just cleaned. However, he was interrupted as his eyes caught the moving blur that was Eric's arm as he swept the saxophone case, along with the contents within, clean off the surface of the table and into the air.

Matthias could only stare silently, his gaze cold and frozen, as the contents came lose and went flying in a crashing mess across the floor, the ugly sound of brass hitting against the tiled floor in a jangled chorus. Immediately, Matthias stood up, nearly knocking his chair over for all his abrupt movements, and suddenly he found himself face to face with Eric, standing a good number of inches taller than Matthias himself with a shameless grin. Matthias lifted his chin up slightly, staring back coldly into Eric's eyes. All his easygoing manner, all his casual, good-natured, and good-humoured expression and mannerisms had dissolved into the stoic young man standing aloof in front of Eric and Ricky with a look of pure contempt.

Still saying nothing, Matthias watched with a look of eerie calmness as Eric gave his fallen saxophone case a hard kick, sending it into the air before it skittered away a few feet. Matthias could see the mouthpiece that had just fallen from it, landing hard against the tiled floor with a light, solitary 'clack' before rolling away.

Matthias immediately fell to his knees and began to recollect the scattered componants of his precious alto saxophone, the one he had been given two years ago from a teacher who used to lead the jazz band....before he moved away to Portland a ways off. Though his face remained as hard and emotionless as stone, his heart stung as he surveyed the damage done to each componant as he took hold of them.

The conditions were worse than he had expected. The neck, delicately shaped and only just newly repaired, was in worse shape than it had been before, its tuning mechanism broken and ruined. The mouthpiece only suffered a few scratches, along with a slightly bent ligature. And then, Matthias cradled the body of the saxophone in his hands, examining it thoroughly using both sight and touch.

The keys were jammed. Those that were still functional were bent out of place, and no longer fit. Matthias' heart sank. The body of his precious instrument was ruined. Repair would cost twice....possibly four times as more than he had spent just to repair the neck. And even if it were to be repaired, the sound that it would produce....

Silently, Matthias ran his finger along the bell of the saxophone, now bent and flawed from the horrible impact it had been dealt having fallen to the floor. Carefully, despite the shape it was in now, he laid it among the rest of its fellow componants inside the saxophone case.

Closing it, he slowly rose to his feet, meeting Eric with a cold, steely gaze, though this time, his contempt and anger was quite clear, though contained. He broke into a smile, one that was eerily good-natured and calm.

"Very perceptive," he remarked coolly. "I guess you realized that there was now way I'd let you get off lightly after doing what you did."

He heaved the saxophone case onto his shoulder, reaching into his pocket and leaving a ten dollar bill on the table, more than enough to satisfy the bill for the margarita he had ordered earlier.

He nodded towards Eric. "After you."  

Posted by: Megami Jun 23 2006, 02:41 AM
An eerie silence had accumulated on the interior of Benson's Bar and Grill as many of the patrons watched the ongoing confrontation between Eric Silvstedt and Matthias Kovalenko. Ricky Callahan happened to be one of those patrons. His pleas with Eric had gone completely unheeded, with Eric even turning on him for a point due to his attempt to intercept the quickly brewing fight. Ricky could only look on in shock and a little bit of embarrassment as his companion continued to harrass his fellow classmate.

This can't look good on me...

Despite the thought, Ricky did nothing. As the two young men stood face-to-face, Ricky only felt a sense of foreboding. Whatever the outcome of this battle, it was not going to end well for either party. He looked on as the frizzy-haired Eric Silvstedt flashed a toothy grin to Matthias as he accepted his challenge.

"No, really," Eric stated wryly as he pulled the door open and ushered Matthias outside, "I insist, ladies first."

The hispanic boy couldn't help but roll his eyes at his friend's almost childlike remark. However, despite how immature Eric was being, there was nothing childish about what was about to happen outside of the bar. Somebody was about to be seriously hurt, and Ricky inwardly hoped that it wouldn't be Matthias. After all, he'd done nothing wrong. Eric had flipped out on him for standing up for the girl that Ricky didn't have the balls to.

The patrons that had been occupying the restaurant were slowly starting to line up against the glass windows of the restaurant lobby, all waiting in anticipation of the oncoming fight. So, what now? Ricky was almost positive that Eric wanted him to help take Matthias out, but that was way past drawing the line for the dark-haired boy. He wouldn't help Eric fight Matthias, he knew that much. Two-on-one, it just wasn't right. Not to mention, Eric was the one who had picked the fight in the first place.

As Ricky reluctantly pushed open the door to the outside of the restaurant, a sinking feeling made its way into his stomache. Yet again, Ricky Callahan found himself in a lose-lose situation. He saw no reason Matthias should be beaten up for standing up for a friend. In the same respect, he didn't really want to see his friend injured. Besides that, if Matthias beat Eric, Eric would certainly expect Ricky to jump in, right? Sighing loudly, Ricky leaned against the wall of the building and watched with a bit of interest as Eric circled the smaller boy.

"I'm gonna do to you what I did to that saxophone," Eric mused.

Not waiting for a reaction, Eric suddenly lashed out, causing a few of the patrons leaning into the windows to jump back in surprise and causing Ricky to scowl slightly as Eric's fist went flying toward Matthias's face in an almost cheap shot and depserate attempt at a first blow. As Eric attempted to hit the younger boy, it finally clicked in Ricky's mind that Eric Silvstedt wasn't playing around, that he really meant business... over such a trivial, stupid incident.  

Posted by: MooCow Jun 23 2006, 07:49 AM
Andie looked on as Eric began to pick a fight with Matthias.

What a jerk... if I haven't already lost my job, I'm definately losing it for this...

"Leave him alone Eric," Andie said as she exited Benson's and glaring at the baseball jock. Andie had been notorious back in their sophomore year for getting into fights but it had been quite a while since she'd thrown in her hat and vowed never to stir up trouble again at risk of expulsion. It appeared she may be coming out of retirement in the minutes that followed though. In fact Andie had been in a physical squabble with Eric in the past although they had both kicked eachother's asses so bad it had been inconcise who came out for the better...

Time for a rematch.

Only this time she just had Matthias's back. Still she figured it was a pretty even match regardless of the numbers... unless Ricky got involved. Andie forced herself to look confident.  

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jun 23 2006, 12:11 PM
Matthias looked on silently as Eric opened the door, inviting him to go first with a rather childish remark. At this, Matthias raised his eyebrow at the utter nerve of this guy. For all that he had heard about Eric, 17th in the baseball team, Matthias never thought that he'd be this brazen, nor as immature or impetuous. Inwardly, he sighed and looked about, feeling all eyes upon him and Eric as the patrons and staff looked on in apprehension at the brawl that was about to occur. Not at all what Matthias wanted in the first place, but it couldn't be helped now.

After all, there was no way Matthias could let Eric go for what he had just done. As he thought of the saxophone lying ruined inside of its case, he gritted his teeth, fighting to stay calm. With one hand hefting the saxophone case over his shoulder, he placed the other hand in his pocket, and casually strode out the door without casting so much of a glance towards the gloating Eric.

He did, however, spare a glance towards the apprehensive Ricky Callahan, noting quite clearly the look of worry and uncertainty in the Hispanic boy's face. Matthias locked eyes with him for one piercing moment, looking as though he was accusing the boy for all his passivity. Only a split-second later did Matthias break his stare and looked forward again, shaking his head slightly in what seemed to be disappointment and contempt.

Don't tell me that this is the guy Whitney likes.

Speaking of which, Matthias looked about over his shoulder to see if Whitney was out and about from her trip to the Ladies' room. Matthias personally hoped, as much as he found Ricky's compliance cowardly, that Callahan would just stay out of this. After all, it was between Eric and himself, and he would hate to see Whitney's reaction if Callahan got involved.

He walked out into the open promenade, ready to face his opponent, and in his distraction over the thoughts of Whitney and Ricky, he almost failed completely to notice that Eric had taken to attacking him as soon as the two had stepped out, no doubt eager to deal the first blow in this all-out brawl.

Reacting almost a split-second too late, Matthias turned his shoulder, moving his head back as he did so. The streaking blur that was Eric's arm swung in full force towards him, catching Matthias as he attempted to dodge the cheap and cowardly blow.

Eric's fist grazed ever so lightly against the edge of his cheek bone as it went past, nowhere near enough to make Matthias stagger back, but all the same it left a smarting red mark against the side of his face. Matthias could feel it burning hot and stinging lightly from the moderate impact. Stepping back slightly to steady himself, Matthias lifted his face and gazed calmly into Eric's eyes, shaking his head slightly. Of all things...he should have known that someone like Eric would resort to something this childish, this cowardly. This new knowledge only hardened Matthias' resolve.

"It's alright, Andie," Matthias calmly spoke to his schoolmate who had come to watch, for he had sensed her urge to get involved in this fight. "This is between Silvstedt and me, we're just working out our differences."

Never taking his off of Eric, Matthias carefully set his saxophone case to the side. The hand that had rested inside his pocket pulled itself out to withdraw a pair of black, leather gloves. These he often found eased his hands from strain while drumming, and had other uses as well. Turns out this case would be another useful point to the list.

In a calm manner, he slid both gloves over his callused hands, pulling both of them over his wrists so that they fit snugly over his fingers as he flexed them. Despite his serene manner, he was personally wondering whether or not doing this was a good idea after all. He hadn't taken aikido for a while, and his judo skills weren't quite up to par as he'd like...but at least that was better than nothing. In any case, it wasn't as though he would be able to back down now.

With the image of his broken saxophone in mind, he let out a confident smirk towards Eric. Making an inviting gesture with his hands, as if to say, "Bring it.", he began circling Eric in relaxed, walking movements.

Posted by: Megami Jun 23 2006, 01:48 PM
As Silvstedt's fist connected with Matthias's face, a small grin spread across his lips. Upon noticing the impact had been much lighter than was intended, however, Eric let out a 'tsk' and spat on the ground before the smile once again returned to his face. Looking on in mild amusement, he watched as the physically smaller boy brandished a pair of gloves from inside his pockets and slid them on his fingers. Eric couldn't help but laugh aloud at the gesture, it was quite amusing from his perspective.

Who the hell does this kid think he is anyway, Michael Jackson? What good are those gonna do him when I beat him to a bloody pulp?

As Andie Colvin exited the dinner, Eric caught her out of the corner of his eye, and an audible sigh escaped his lips, more one of annoyance than anything else. Normally, Eric drew the line at hitting a girl. Andie was an exception. They'd been in a brawl not too long ago, and she'd nearly handed him his ass, not that he'd ever admit that to anyone else. What would they think of someone like him being beaten up by a girl? If you could even call her that.

Ricky Callahan hadn't breathed a word since that moment he had locked eyes with Matthias Kovalenko, and the look he had given him had almost sent a chill down his spine. Now, as Andie too made her prescence felt, Ricky could only shake his head in what could best be described as aggravation. Eric would have no qualms about taking out Andie either, Ricky knew that much.

After a stand-offish moment of looking at Andie, Eric turned back to his companion for an instant and nodded to the girl who had made an appearance, his face contorted into a frustrated glare. Sure, he'd expected Ricky to jump in if Matthias handed him his ass, which he somehow highly doubted, but this girl... she had no right to step in to this fight, no right to stand up for this pussy.

"Callahan, if you're gonna stand around, why don't you make yourself useful and get this bitch outta here?"

While the comment would've upset many another student, Ricky was breathing an internal sigh of relief at his latest order. Of course, he hoped Eric didn't mean for him to fight the other girl, that was where Ricky drew the line. It wasn't happening. Instead, Ricky made his way over to where Andie was standing, his arm wrapping around her shoulder lightly in an attempt to steer her away from the fight.

"Just let them be, you of all people should know Eric's not as tough as he claims to be," he mused quietly enough that the redhead wouldn't overhear him.

Eric, meanwhile, had his eyes transfixed on the brown-haired boy who was currently circling him. The black gloves that Matthias had affixed to his hands temporarily distracted Eric, he thought they were absolutely hilarious. Fighting back a snort at the sheer thought of it, Eric began to circle Matthias as well, a grin once again crossing his acne-scarred features. All at once Eric let out an almost primal yell and half-ran, half-dove at Matthias Kovalenko in an attempt to catch the boy offguard and completely knock him off his feet.

Meanwhile, in the interior of Benson's Bar and Grill, the door to the women's restroom slowly creaked open, illuminating the floor in a pale light for just a moment before a lean blonde-haired figure exited the doorway. For the most part, Whitney Acosta had managed to clean the soda spill from her clothing, though a wet blotch still occupied a good portion of her clothes. Sighing inwardly, Whitney's attention turned back to the now empty table she had just recently occupied. Where had Matthias gone?

Momentarily, the thought crossed her that he might've just gone to the restroom, or gone outside to meet Jodeen, or something of that nature. However, upon noting that both Ricky and Eric were now gone, as was Andie Colvin, Whitney's heart sank a bit. Something wasn't right. Around that time, she noticed the patrons of the bar that had begun to line the windows of Benson's Bar and Grill, and a curious, albeit wary look passed over her face. Against her better judgement, Whitney proceeded toward the windows and after tapping another customer on the shoulder, couldn't help but inquire.

"What's going on?"

Through all the people that had lined the windows, Whitney couldn't see the exterior of the restaurant, but she knew by the looks on the faces of the other customers that something was about to happen back there. Straining to see outside, she could only catch a glimpse of frizzy red hair standing above the rest of the crowd. What that Eric?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Megami. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

(("A Lone Soul at the Bar and Grill" continued)

Posted by: MooCow Jun 23 2006, 06:35 PM
Andie knew they were all right... this wasn't her battle to be fought. Andie bit her bottom lip and hoped Matthias could take Eric. Then again Ricky was right, he wasn't that tough... after all he had almost gotten his ass handed to him by a girl, Andie. Andie was tough herself though despite being small and scrappy.

"I guess you guys are right," Andie said smirking at the red head, "we wouldn't want Eric to get his ass beaten too badly now would we. The whipping Matthias is going to dish out to him..."

Unfortunately at this moment Eric dove.

"Oh Matthias watch out," she yelled.  

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jun 24 2006, 12:42 AM
Not even once did Matthias take his eyes off of Silvstedt's circling form, noticing fully the taunting expression in the taller boy's eyes as he laughed as a way of ridiculing his opponent. Matthias, on the contrary, disallowed himself completely to become provoked by Silvstedts' mocking jeers. His face and form remained perfectly calm and relaxed, yet poised and at the ready. Inside however, was a tidal storm of mixed emotions: apprehension for the outcome of this brawl, anger at the thought of his destroyed saxophone, and the determination to teach this prick a lesson or two. The old fashioned way.

Matthias raised his eyebrows slightly as Silvstedt snarled orders towards Callahan. With a frown, Matthias watched as Callahan quickly moved from his place against the wall to do as Silvstedt ordered, as though on cue.

Who is this guy? Some kind of puppet? Matthias thought to himself incredulously, his mind drifting briefly to the thoughts of Whitney, and the way she had blushed at the sight of Callahan. Then again, it might have been Matthias' imagination, and all but a misunderstanding on his part. Then again, Matthias trusted his own gut instincts, which were often right on the mark when it came to reading the minds of others.

Once again, he was almost completely distracted by his own thoughts, and immediately, he cursed himself for his foolishness. Once again, Eric had taken to attempting a cheap shot at him, lunging at Matthias in a blatant attempt to tackle him completely. But unlike the punch he had dealt earlier...Mathias could see this one coming practically a mile away.

He reacted almost as soon as Andie yelled out her warning, his heart almost coming to a halt in slight panic as he stepped back slightly, not looking at all as though he was about to resist the on coming attack. As Eric flew towards him, Matthias looked as though he were about to let Eric take him down completely off of his feet, until he lifted both arms just as Eric was about to make contact with him.

Using the momentum of Eric's lunge, Matthias allowed himself to be forced back slightly, catching Matthias wrists with each a gloved hand, pulling him in the same direction he had come. Quickly, Matthias sidestepped and locked his foot against Eric's ankle, and lifted it abruptly allowing the momentum to send Eric flying forward past him.

He winced inwardly at the impact he knew that was to come. He did not like at all hurting others like this...but thinking of the way Eric had nonchalantly swept his saxophone case away and onto the floor was enough to remove any trace of pity within his heart.

Posted by: Megami Jun 24 2006, 01:22 AM
A wry grin spread across Eric's features as he charged toward his opponent. The grin spread even wider as Eric realized that Matthias was all but frozen in place, not even making an attempt to dodge his attack. He'd expected the younger boy to be weak, but he hadn't expected the fight to be THIS easy -- halfway through the thought, Matthias lashed out and grabbed Eric's wrists with his hands, then swung his foot around toward Eric's leg.

Unfortunately for Eric Silvstedt, he had been dashing toward Matthias Kovalenko with a hell of a lot of momentum. As Matthias's foot wrapped around and tripped the larger boy, it effectively sent Eric flying directly toward the pavement. A loud thud echoed from the pavement as Eric connected, face first, into the cold concrete sidewalk. Momentarily stunned, Eric let out a few coughs from his fetal position on the ground, noting the red subtance that had accumulated in his mouth when he'd bitten his tongue upon impact.

Quickly rising to his feet, Eric ran his tongue through his mouth once again, this time not so much paying attention to the blood that had accumulated inside. Another smile crossed the boy's features, his teeth now stained a light crimson color. So Matthias was faster than he'd expected. Didn't make too much difference. Now, however, Eric was angry. Rapidly stepping back up to his opponent, Eric once again circled him, his eyes never leaving the smaller figure standing inside of the circle.

Running the back of his hand across his upper lip, Eric was jumping up and down gleefully inside at what he was about to do. He was certain Matthias would expect him to attack again, and he most certainly would, but first... let it be known that Eric Silvstedt wasn't a very honorable opponent, and he certainly didn't fight clean. Almost out of nowhere, Eric launched a trail of blood-filled saliva from his mouth directly toward Matthias's eyes.

Not meaning it as a taunt persay, but more of a distraction, Eric almost immediately swung his fist toward Matthias Kovalenko once again, this time attempting to catch his fellow classmate in the gut and at least knock the air out of him. Matthias might have been faster than Eric, but in Eric's mind at least, he was bigger and physically stronger, thus should have no problem ending this fight with a few hits. Guess he'd never heard the story of David and Goliath.

Meanwhile, Ricky Callahan hadn't budged from his spot near Andie Colvin since he had been "ordered" to keep her out of the fight. He had even gotten enough nerve to look on in mild amusement as Eric had all but face-planted on the pavement. While Ricky would never admit it aloud, he honestly thought that Eric had had that one coming for a very long time. Now, however, he was concerned for Matthias.

While it was true that Eric Silvstedt wasn't as tough as the image he conveyed, Ricky was indeed aware that Eric liked to fight dirty. He'd seen it done before, especially during school when Eric had repeatedly picked on some of his fellow classmates. Somehow, Ricky now had the foreboding sense that this would be another one of those instances. Saying his intuition was right on the money would have been a huge understatement, Ricky saw it coming a mile away as Eric launched the liquid substance toward Matthias's eyes.

It was at that point that Ricky finally decided this had gone on long enough. Now, he wanted to speak up and intervene. However, he continued to stand back and look on helplessly as Eric once again attempted to cheap-shot Matthias, this time going for the other boy's stomach. Shaking his head in what could have almost been embarrassment, Ricky actually opened his mouth as if to protest, but seemed to suddenly think better of it and not say anything at all. Instead, he simply let the fight continue on.  

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jun 24 2006, 02:17 PM
Matthias had to admit to himself, at the sight of Silvstedt sent flying to smash face first into the promenade, Matthias could not help but feel a sense of sick satisfied. The feeling, mixed with conscientious guilt at causing someone this much pain, tasted bitter in his mouth, giving him a cold and sickening feeling. Matthias found himself telling himself without conviction that it was not his fault, the jerk had it coming, and Matthias was just trying to defend himself. But as he watched Silvstedt rise slowly from the pavement, Matthias remained thus far unconvinced. As Matthias watched on, he inwardly hoped that Eric would just give up and call it quits, not only for Matthias' sake, but for the sake of the other boy as well.

To his relief, the taller boy didn't seem to be in any excruciating pain. On the other hand, Matthias realized with panic that Eric was not at all ready to call an end to this brawl, contrary to what Matthias had hoped. He waited, in case Eric was about to attack again. This time, he would be more than ready. This time, he would simply-

Matthias was caught entirely by surprise as a spray of blood and saliva caught him in the face, temporarily blinding him. It took him a full second to realize what Eric had just done as a cheap, literally dirty trick to distract him, and it was enough to make Matthias, inexperienced as he was in street-fighting, to be caught off guard.

He felt the blow to his gut coming before it even hit him. Once again, Eric had caught him completely off guard, the dirty fighter that he was. Matthias reeled at the impact, staggering back slightly as he felt all the air forced out of his lungs, giving way to a dull pain in his stomach. However, not once did he utter a groan of pain as he stepped back in the recoil, his hand over his eyes. As he backed against the wall, where his saxophone case was, his hand moved behind him.

By now, Matthias had realized just exactly what people often meant when they said, "All's fair in love and war." If that's the case, then there's no reason he should fight dirty with an equally dirty fighter. After all, it was the only fair thing in this sort of brawl, after all.

Face hidden behind a blood covered hand, he smiled inwardly, knowing how vulnerable he looked and what a perfect target he might pose to Eric, who had likely without a doubt gained even more confidence with the successful blow, and will become even more brazen as a result.

That's right, just come, Matthias hissed silently in his mind in grim satisfaction, knowing that from where he was, Eric wouldn't see that he had wrapped his hand around the handle of the saxophone case while staggering back in pain.

Posted by: Megami Jun 24 2006, 02:41 PM
Beaming with satisfaction as is shot to Matthias's stomach sent him wheeling backward against the brick wall of the exterior of Benson's, Eric couldn't help but be overcome with glee at the successful execution of his punch. As Matthias covered his eyes, Eric continued to grin, feeling pretty good about himself right now. His diversion had worked perfectly, and it had caused him to score another hit in this brawl.

Once again Eric stalked toward his smaller counterpart, this time stopping short a few feet away from him. Anyone who had ever seen Eric fight before would know that by now he was feeling pretty confident, even confident enough to toy with his opponent a bit, and this was exactly what he was doing to Matthias. Had Eric considered this a real fight, and Matthias a real opponent, he would've long since lashed out with a series of attacks against the brown-haired boy.

Yawning loudly, Eric tilted his head to the side in a cocky and egotistical manner and surveyed the opponent he now had cornered. From here on out, it would be easy picking. Even going so far as to take a moment to crack his neck and pop his knuckles, Eric finally stopped toying with his opponent long enough to approach him and once again attempt to drive his fist into Matthias's gut.  

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jun 24 2006, 03:06 PM
As Matthias feigned helplessness and resignation as he leaned heavily against the brick wall of the restaurant, coughing and wiping his eyes, he waited. By now he knew exactly what to predict from Eric, having gotten well acquainted with that bold and shameless attitude after such a remarkably short time. Now, Matthias was anticipating his big moment, the drastic turnaround of this brawl.

He felt the presence of the taller boy as Eric approached him, confident and no doubt self-assured with what he thought would be his victory. As Eric took the time to gloat, giving Matthias more than enough time to brace himself for the opportunity he was about to take, the smaller, brown-haired boy smiled slightly at the antics Silvstedt was pulling off, yet again.

Don't you know, friend? Matthias thought as Eric stepped towards again, his hand once again curling up into a fist and poised to strike again. They say cometh pride before a fall. And the higher you fly...

At the same time Eric launched yet another punch aimed towards the smaller boy's gut, Matthias' hand moved away from his face, swiftly thrusting his arm outward. Matthias knew he had successfully blocked the punch when his palm met Eric's fist, effectively absorbing the punch and diverting away from its original target.

Matthias squeezed Eric's fist, making sure that he had nowhere to go. He stood up, and his other arm swung out from behind him, and a large shape of massive weight followed in its wake. It was the saxophone case, and with a slight grunt, Matthias swung the case, allowing the momentum to carry its weight in a half-circle so that it collided square into the side of Eric's head.

Posted by: Megami Jun 24 2006, 03:43 PM
Eric's dark-colored eyes widened in a look of sheer surprise as his opponent thrust his palm forward and Eric's fist slammed into it, harmlessly avoiding the boy's stomach. With a growl Eric lurched forward and attempted to clock Matthias square in the head with his other fist in an almost desperate move. Unfortunately for Eric, Matthias was much faster. Out of the corner of his eye, Eric saw the black case of the saxophone he'd destroyed earlier swinging for his head. Without the speed and agility to dodge it, Eric was helpless as the large object slammed into the side of his skull, once again sending him flying into the nearby pavement.

"MOTHERFUCKER!"

Eric let out a primal roar as he forced himself back to his feet, but, overcome by a wave of dizziness, he was forced to lean against the brick wall of the building. Wheezing slightly as he breathed, Eric cast a hateful glare toward Matthias, than a frustrated one toward Callahan. What the hell was he doing, anyway?

"Callahan, what're you doin' you asshole? GET HIM!"

As he belted out the order, Eric Silvstedt made another desperate move. He began to unfasten his belt from its position within his belt loops, purely with the intention of choking the other boy into submission. Ricky caught this out of the corner of his eye and finally, he made the decision that this fight had to end now before someone got seriously hurt.

Leaving Andie in her spot where she was presumably still observing the ongoing fight, Ricky made a bee-line for the middle of the brawl. Certain he could stop his fellow baseball player if need be, Ricky turned to face Matthias, unsure of what the smaller boy would do. Meanwhile, Eric cracked the leather belt he had been wearing, casting Ricky a condescending look as he stepped into the middle of the brawl.

"That's enough," he muttered, his feigning confidence, "This needs to end before somebody gets seriously hurt."

Feeling a knock to the back of his head, it only took Ricky a second to realize that Eric had slapped him in the back of the head, clearly irritated that he had attempted to stop the ongoing fist fight. Glaring at his companion with a renewed anger, Eric nearly growled out the next sentence.

"If you're not gonna help, get out of the fucking way."

Shaking his head warily, Ricky simply looked to his so-called friend with a look of utter disappointment. The fight itself had been over a ridiculous matter, and Eric had taken it way past the point of going too far. Now, Ricky was honestly concerned that Matthias might get hurt, or if not, certainly put a hurting on Eric. Still acting as a barrier between Matthias and Eric, and once again turning to face Matthias, Ricky gave the boy an apologetic look before once again addressing the frizzy-haired boy.

"Seriously man, this has gone way too far."

In the blink of an eye Ricky Callahan was sent reeling toward Matthias Kovalenko as Eric used a lot more force than neccessary to literally shove his companion out of the way. From the other point of view that had just witnessed the incident, however, it didn't look like Eric had shoved Ricky, but rather, like Ricky was attempting to tackle Matthias into the wall.

"HEY!"

The feminine voice yelled out over the sounds of traffic and the echoing thud made as Ricky impacted the wall. Whitney had been attempting to force her way through the crowd of patrons inside of Bensons for quite a while now, and when she'd finally gotten close enough to discover the brawl that was ensuing outside, she'd rushed through the door just in time to see Ricky go flying into Matthias. Of course, from her perspective, it looked like Ricky had just jumped into the fight, making it an obvious two-on-one.

The blonde-haired girl pushed her way past Eric Silvstedt, casting him an angry glare as she took a standing position next to Matthias Kovalenko. Inwardly, she knew it was a very bad idea to be standing in the middle of a fight, especially a two-on-one. After all, she was pretty much powerless to do anything. Despite that, Whitney forced a look of confidence on her face and stared at Eric.

"I don't know what your problem is..." her eyes traced over to Ricky and a pained expression crossed her face for only half a second before she continued, "Or yours, for that matter, but this is ridiculous. You need to back off."

Eric couldn't help but smirk once again as he was reprimanded by the blonde for fighting with Matthias. Casting a glance toward Ricky, his smirk became an all-out grin as he looked at her, then toward Matthias, then back at the blonde once again. For a moment, Eric actually looked amused by the sudden turn of events.

"What're you gonna do if I don't? Spank me? I might like that."

The rude remark caused Ricky to stare at his companion in a mixture of awe and anger at the fact that Eric had enough nerve to speak to anyone in such a tone, let alone her. Despite that, he'd already felt the brunt of the brick wall for standing up for Matthias, he was in no hurry to do it again. After all, she probably hated him now anyway. Shaking his head in frustration, Ricky simply turned and walked away, unsure of how to handle what had just transpired. Eric, meanwhile, didn't seem to be finished quite yet.

"Pansy-fuck, you wanna get your bitch out of the way so we can fight like men or am I gonna have to remove her?"

(Ricky continued in: http://s10.DEFUNCT_IF_LINK/SurvivalOfTheF...07entry1285507)  

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jun 24 2006, 04:32 PM
Having recovered quite well from having been punched hard in the gut, Matthias stood up with an expression of grim triumph and satisfaction as he watched Eric writhed, forcing himself upwards once again from the sidewalk. This time, holding the case in which his destroyed saxophone was contained, Matthias felt no sense of remorse whatsoever for the impact that he had dealt. After all, if Matthias hasn't reacted, he likely wouldn't have lasted the rest of the brawl.

Still, Matthias watched calmly, though looking slightly unsettled and discontented, as Eric leaned against the wall of the building in an effort to catch his balance, meeting Matthias' forlorn eyes with a glare.

Whatever sense of pride and triumph Matthias felt at clocking Eric a good one with the sax case evaporated as Eric snarled more orders once again to Ricky Callahan, this time inciting him to join the fight against Matthias.

Shit... Matthias thought to himself, watching helplessly as Eric began removing his belt. Fear and apprehension taking over him yet again, he hid his nervousness with a stoic expression on his face as Callahan suddenly approached. More than ever Matthias dreaded the outcome of this battle. No doubt Callahan, being the lackey that he was, would obey Eric's whims and join in. Matthias regarded the Hispanic boy with narrowed eyes, bracing himself slightly as he lifted his gloved fists in a defensive stance.

It's no use... Matthias thought to himself hopelessly as he exchanged glances between the two boys standing before him. There's no way I can take on two of them at once....

His nervousness dissolved completely into utter surprise and confusion as Callahan suddenly spoke up, only to reprimand Eric in an attempt to stop the brawl here and now. Matthias lowered his fists slightly, though this was beyond what he'd expected from a puppet like Callahan. With an inquiring look, Matthias looked into Callahan's eyes, though unable to decipher any ulterior motive or hidden emotion.

Unable to say anything, Matthias watched silently as Ricky and Eric began exchanging looks...and harsh words. Genuinely, Matthias was plainly caught in astonishment at the sight of Callahan just calling for a ceasefire, if not outright sticking up for Matthias. He remained a silent speculator to the heated exchanged...until Silvstedt suddenly have Callahan a forceful shove that sent him reeling towards Matthias himself.

Once again caught entirely off guard, Matthias had absolutely no time to react as Ricky flew into him, knocking him with a hard impact into the wall. Matthias dropped the saxophone case in the recoil, and fell over against the floor.

Damn it, he thought, seriously on the verge of utter frustration. I've just about had it with that jerk....

He blinked at the sound of Whitney's clear voice making itself heard audibly over the ambient noise of the audience and the traffic. Sure enough, the blonde girl was approaching the three boys, with a look of sheer anger and contempt on her face. More than ever, Matthias was surprised to see her reprimanding not only Eric, but Callahan as well, for picking a fight with Matthias. In fact, Matthias knew perfectly well that this was completely far from the truth, given the way Callahan had stuck up for him earlier.

And it was at this point that Matthias felt the need to quickly speak up to shed light on the manner, for Whitney's sake and also for Callahan's. "Actually, you've got it wrong, the fight was just between Silvstedt and me, Callahan was only trying to hel-"

Matthias watched in amazement as Ricky said nothing, and resorted to silence as he walked away, as though in complete resignation over what had just transpired. However, his attention turned back towards Eric, who was in no way satisfied with the way the brawl had unfolded.

Anger flared inside him as Eric made yet another slur towards Whitney. Compelled to stand up for her yet again, Matthias lifted his chin with a look of pure scorn towards Eric. About to reprimand Eric yet again for referring to Whitney in such a manner, Matthias opened his mouth to speak, and was interrupted by a clear, brassy voice calling out above the noise of the traffic, and the murmurs of the audience they had somehow attracted.

"Oy, Matt! What's going on here?"

Matt stared silently as the lean, energetic form of his thirteen-year-old sister fought her way through the crowd and into the clearing where the brawl had been taking place.

Jodeen Kovalenko took a moment to brush at the dust she had collected on her capris, looking around with clear, brown eyes and noting both site and situation as she did so. Her eyes widened as she noted Eric's slightly bloodied form, as well as the gloves Matthias was wearing, and the state of his clothes having collided with the brick wall twice.

"Don't tell me...you got into a fight, didn't you?" Jodeen asked him in a slightly accusing voice.

At this point, Matthias was suddenly more aware of himself than he had been for the past hour, realizing what he had just done and the state he was in now. Disgracefully, he had just been involved in an all-out street brawl with another student, without civility nor sense of graciousness, and now his sister was here to make note of all of this.

"Don't worry about it, Jodeen," Matthias told her quietly, putting a hand on her shoulder. He looked towards Whitney with an apologetic look. "Hey...this is my sister, Jodeen. I think its time that we should leave now." Jodeen, however, was not about to let go of the matter so lightly and jabbed at Matt's shoulder with a finger.

"Come on, don't fool yourself into thinking I don't know," Jodeen persisted, tugging at Matt's sleeve. "What's gotten into you, Matt? You NEVER get into fights." She gave a curious look towards Whitney, tilting her head to one side. Never before had she seen Matthias with this particular person before.

"Hello, there," she said cheerfully, before turning on Matthias yet again. "Oy, Matt...I want an explanation already."

Matthias shook her head, wanting more than anything to just forget about the fight, and the fact that Jodeen had to be there to witness part of the dispute that had just unfolded between him, Eric, Callahan, and Whitney. More than anything, he just wanted to get back to his normal daily life and forget about all this as soon as possible.

"Don't worry about it, Jo. It's under control."

"That's NOT what I mean, Matt," Jodeen shook her head, plainly frustrated with her overprotective brother's obstinate attitude.

As Matthias began to lead her away from the clearing, he turned towards Eric, with an almost apologetic look. Quietly, he said, "Listen....I'd like to end this now. Let's not give each other anymore trouble and forget about this before someone gets hurt."

He lifted the saxophone case onto his shoulder, ready to leave...wanting to leave, more than anything.  

Posted by: Megami Jun 24 2006, 05:02 PM
Whitney's eyebrows raised slightly as Matthias attempted to clear Ricky Callahan's name of the incident that had just transpired. However, Ricky seemed rather nonchalant about the entire ordeal, and instead of defending himself or his actions, he simply turned and walked away. Whitney's stomach sank a little as she walked the Hispanic boy place his hands in his pockets and walk placidly down the sidewalk, his eyes seemingly glued to the concrete in front of him. Eric, meanwhile, was angered at the sight of Ricky leaving him on foot. Shaking his head in annoyance, he couldn't help but spit the next words out of his mouth.

"Pussy. Fuckin' coward."

The fight had all but dissolved for everyone except Eric, who was still itching to fight and no longer had the nuisance of Ricky Callahan holding him back. However, the cries of what almost sounded like a little girl broke through the commotion outside of the restaurant, causing even Eric to stop and turn his attention on the form of Jodeen Kovalenko, which had just appeared on the scene. Eric simply watched in irritation as the younger girl approached. Whitney, too, had focused her attention on the newcomer as well, and a faint smile traced across her lips as Matthias hurridly introduced the two.

"Alright," she mused at Matthias's request to leave, "Let's go then... I told you I'd give you a ride home, remember?"

Apparently, the discussion was far from over, however. Whitney couldn't help but smile a bit as Jodeen poked and prodded Matthias for answers as to what had just occured. Truthfully, Whitney was quite curious as well. After all, she'd been in the ladies room trying to clean the wet spill off of her clothes since way before the fight had started. She hadn't even heard the utterances of the duo that had started it all.

Noting that Matthias all but refused to talk about what had occured in front of Jodeen, however, Whitney repressed her questions, at least for now. It was plainly obvious that now was not the time or the place to discuss the events that had unfolded, especially not while Jodeen was around. Still watching Eric out of the corner of her eye, she was almost surprised as Matthias walked past him and mumbled something completely inaudible to her. Curious though she was, her question was promptly answered as Eric retorted in a rage.

"What're you, scared? You would've got your ass handed to ya, you know that, don'tcha? Of course you do, THAT'S WHY YOU'RE WALKING AWAY! COWARD!"

Eric's voice gradually grew louder and louder, echoing out over the crowd that had gathered around. Sighing somewhat, Whitney cast the frizzy-haired boy one final look before turning back toward Jodeen and Matthias. Today had been interesting, to say the least. Eric's taunting and yelling wasn't helping matters, but at this point, the best thing Whitney Acosta could think of to do was to simply walk away. Placing her hand on Matthias's shoulder momentarily, she gave him a sympathetic glance.

"You okay?"

In the background, Eric continued to howl and curse, taunting Matthias to come back and continue on with the fight, acting as though he'd had the upper hand all along. Shaking her head slightly, she nodded toward the direction of the parking lot, having every intention of giving the two a ride home. Especially after all the trouble that had started at the restaurant. Her attention momentarily turned back to the fact that Lexie, Sorenson, and Kurai were presumably still somewhere inside, but it seemed of little consequence now. The school was less than two blocks from the restaurant, they could all walk if need be.

"We really should get going," she warned, her eyes tracing back to Eric every so often to make sure he wouldn't run up for one final cheap shot.  

Posted by: Lien Jun 24 2006, 07:23 PM
Clanging loudly through the dented trash cans and mustering up all the balance she had while staying upright amongst the black bags, Danielle was in essence annoyed that once again, she was having a bad day. The introverted teen wasn't exactly selfish, persay, but her welfare and emotions were most definately not far from her mind as she threw open the back door of Benson's to the safety of the kitchen once more after taking out another bag of trash that her coworker, Andie, was supposed to have taken care of. Sliding across the spill on the tiles, past her cousin's grill as he flipped more patties onto it, she caught herself on the spray hose and regained balance just before she made it to the front counter of the bar. Which she couldn't help but get the slightest gut feeling that it wasn't right that the customers were utilizing quite a small amount of space on the opposite side of where they kept the booze. Something was up.

With the newly acquired wall of human bodies in front of the window, Danielle could only guess that another monkey vendor had found his drunken self to the front of their store -long story- or that there was a fight. Secretly hoping for the former, as it was just something that would become entirely undesirable to watch after the vendor started peeing on a pole, she knew it had to be the latter that was keeping the potential dollar signs from accumulating in the cash box. Her rather silent nature was simply the only thing keeping her from screaming obscenities at Andie for not being around when she needed her. Hell, it could be her out there with the reputation she had.

Things like this, now, had to be taken care of with the utmost care, and Danielle knew full well that if she didn't do it, her ass would be yelled at for the scene taking up so much time that bills weren't being paid. There wasn't a second thought as she pulled the cordless phone of the wall, hopped over the empty bar, and walked rather stiffly to the mass of bodies that decided being in her way wasn't going to have her entertain the idea of spitting in their food.

"Excuse me, pardon me," she mumbled the classic lines that others used when they really wanted to say, 'Get the fuck outta my way before I rhino-horn you so hard you won't be able to sit for weeks,' as she squeezed her not-so-little body through the open door.

Sure enough, it seemed she caught either the end or the beginning of the fight, but upon seeing her classmate Eric bloody and pissed, guessed he was looking for redemption for getting a beating he probably deserved. Danielle had to refrain from letting out a snort in her amusement at the situation. She caught sight of two other classmates walking away from the scene, obviously annoyed at the screaming hypocrite who thought that he wasn't the textbook example of the word "coward."

"Fuckin'," Danielle sighed as she let the word out under her breath, preparing to say something other than, 'Do you want fries with that?' as she waved the telephone in the air.

"I just called the cops, just to let you know, so maybe you want to stop the shit-disturbing enough to high tail it outta here?"

((Continued in: http://z10.DEFUNCT_IF_LINK/SurvivalOfTheF...howtopic=1180))  

Posted by: MooCow Jun 25 2006, 02:31 PM
Smiling inwardly it took all Andie had to keep from erupting in laughter at Eric and the whole display. The whole 'fight' had made her admire Matthias even more. Looking to Danielle she spoke, "her listen I'm sorry for disappearing on ya'... look my shift's over so..."

She was interupted as Fritz exited the building, the heavy set manager's face was a deeper shade of red than usual, "what in the hell is going on out here?"

He looked to the teens and spoke once more, "y'all are makin' customers leave. I want you all off Benson's grounds, same goes for you Andie, you're fired!"

Andie looked at Fritz not totally surprised, still she wasn't going to give up without a fight, "but Fritz! I need this job..."

She was cut off again by the gruff voice of her shift manager, "you should have thought about that before you left your customers high and dry to have a little fist fight. Now get before the police come and I have y'all arrested."

Putting her hand on her brow, Andie Colvin felt dispair. She really did need this job, she was saving up for college.

Oh well, there are other jobs... or community college... damnit I just got a pay raise too... damnit I've gotta stop getting in fights.

Looking in the direction of Whitney Acosta and Matthias and Jodeen Kovalenko, Andie called out, "hey, wait up!"

Ripping off her Benson's name tag, ugly thing, she threw it into the dumpster, never one to throw trash on the ground, and ran after the three figures.  

Posted by: Kris Jun 27 2006, 01:36 PM
After a no show at the Butterfly Club she decided she was a little hungry. She made her way over to the famous Bar and Grill near school. Marimar skipped along to the resteraunt and pushed open the double doors walking in. Her brown curls went down to her shoulders, she wore a black shredded hat which looks familiar to a jester's hat. Marimar wore a lightblue plaid dress with magenta as the plaid part. her usualy white knee socks were on as well as black mary jane shoes. Her attire maybe a little weird but she was as sweet as can be.

The girl looked around seeing so many people from her school, she didn't really know where to sit. She saw an empty table up ahead. None of the people she saw was one of her friends, at least thats what she thuoght. But she is always in the mood for making new ones if theiri ntrested. Then again who would want to be friends with a poor girl.  

Posted by: LadyMakaze Jun 27 2006, 05:32 PM
Matthias smiled in appreciation as Whitney suggested that they leave immediately, knowing more than anything that he just wanted to but all that had happened today behind him. He nodded at her warmly, despite all the bleakness he was feeling right now, happy to avoid the discussion of what had just gone on between him and Silvstedt for the time being. Of course, Jodeen, sharp in both mind and tongue, would always bring it up soon after, something that he would no doubt have to answer to. And to be honest, he was not at all looking forward to such in particular.

For now, Jodeen was keeping her mouth shut in a tight-lipped pout, plainly on the verge of bursting at the seams with questions she no doubt wanted answered. Trying not to look so guilty at the face of her accusing stare, Matthias looked only ahead, about to walk away with the two girls with the saxophone case in tow over his shoulder. However, he closed his eyes yet again in exasperation, as the taunting voice of Eric Silvstedt rung in his ears yet again.

The hooked-nosed boy was yelling after him in rage and triumph, jeering at him for walking away from a fight that Matthias might have lost, spitting enraged curses and yells from afar. Matthias did his best to ignore them, though it did nothing to ease the stormy tides in his heart. His pride was shaken, and now, in the aftermath of this brawl, he felt ashamed, as though he truly were a coward.

He looked towards Whitney at the feeling of her comforting hand against his free shoulder, and forced an apologetic smile, trying to shrug off that bleak, weary feeling that was plaguing him.

"I'm alright," he reassured her, trying to make it sound as though the matter was of little inconvenience to him. "Just tired is all."

Tired of everything, it seemed.

At Matthias' placidity to Eric's curses and taunts, Jodeen drew her lips together into an even tighter pout, plainly far from convinced that Matthias would brush this matter aside as easily as he tried to show he would. It was just like her older brother, trying to take all of the burden onto himself, putting up a front of confidence instead of letting those who cared about him know how he really felt. Of course, Matthias himself thought it was the mature thing to do, but plainly, Jodeen tired quickly of it. It was hardly the natural thing to do, just letting people walk all over you like a doormat without complaint or retribution.

What irritated her to the point of utter frustration was listening to Eric continue to insult and belittle her older brother, who was doing nothing to defend himself any longer. With her temper getting the best of her, she swirled around to face Eric, staring off in the distance, a look of pure contempt on her small, rounded face.

Matthias inner thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a bout of horror as Jodeen suddenly unleashed a tirade of insults of her own at Eric.

"Who the hell do you think you are?! Calling Matt a coward! You can't even fight him one-on-one! Consider yourself lucky that I showed up, else Matt would have beaten you into a bloody, slimy pulp!! You jerk! You dirty Cro-Magnon!? You Neanderthal!"

"That's enough, Jodeen!" Matthias shouted firmly, though more than anything he feared for Jodeen's safety at the moment, as well as Eric's possible reaction to Jodeen's onslaught of insults. He placed a hand on her shoulder to guide her away, but as Jodeen was pulled back, she continued to pelt Eric mercilessly with her verbal abuse, shaking her fist in the air.

"Go buy yourself a clue and look in the mirror why don't you!? You could do with a face wash once a year you know! I hope you shrivel up and die, you asswipe!"

"Language, Jo," Matthias muttered in utter exasperation as he began to walk faster with Whitney with Jodeen well in tow, not wanting to instigate the situation any further what with Jodeen's temper and sharp tongue getting the better of her. Seeing Andie, he waved wearily towards her with a slight smile. "You coming with us?"

Posted by: Megami Jun 27 2006, 07:29 PM
Whitney's eyes widened in an expression filled with both astonishment and sheer horror, and she lashed her arm out as if to grab Jodeen as she began to slur insults right back toward the pompous jerk who had been harrassing Matthias nonstop, but it was too little, too late. As Jodeen began spouting off insults toward her brother's tormentor, Whitney could only hold her breath to see what fate awaited the small girl for her retorts. She looked on as Eric pushed his way back in front of the crowd that was still looking on in shock, his eyes piercing the young girl as she berated him in public.

Eric Silvstedt looked on at the young girl who was verbally assaulting him from afar, a bemused expression forming on his lips as she ranted, raved, and shouted. What the hell's a... what'd she call me? A cro-what? Continuing to watch the girl, feeling more and more amused by the second, Eric Silvstedt did what none of the onlookers had expected him to do: he started laughing. The laughter grew louder and louder as he continued to watch the fiery-eyed girl, Eric even letting out a snort of amusement at her retorts.

"Weak, dude," he addressed toward Matthias, "This's the kind of person you are? You're such a god damned pussy that your guard-dog of a little sister has to come stand up for you? Hahaha, dude, that's really, really weak. She looks like a fucking chihuahua. What's she gonna do, bite my ankles?"

Snickering even more at the thought of Jodeen actually trying anything against him, Eric glared toward the small girl, then toward the older brother standing behind her. This just kept getting better and better. As Danielle Tysl's words rang out through the crowd, followed by Fritz's warning that the trouble-makers needed to get off of store property, Eric changed his tune somewhat, confident that he had won both the fight and the argument that had followed.

"You know what, dude? Go on. Take your little bitch girls and your miniature pit bull there and leave. Obviously, you don't think you're a big man anyway. You gotta have a little kid stand up for you. You think I wouldn't put her down, too?"

Sensing the cold stares he was receiving from behind when he verbalized the thoughts of dropping Jodeen in her tracks, and hearing the cop sirens echo out in the distance, Eric made the internal decision that it was long past time to get out of dodge. However, he wasn't quite finished yet, he still had a bit to say. Looking directly at Matthias, he spit on the ground, aiming toward Jodeen's feet, and flashed a grin.

"Just know this, my man, it ain't over. People like you, you disgust me. You wanna start shit and then you don't wanna back it up. I call you out to fight, and you pussy out and drag a bunch of little girls out here with ya. You think they're gonna protect you? You're wrong. This ain't over by a long shot. I'll be seein' ya at school tomorrow."

His final words having been said, Eric swiftly turned around and began forcing his way through the now dispersing crowd. Smiling to himself at the way he'd handled the conflict, Eric took off at a jogging pace, presumably going after the friend that had left him several minutes before hand. As if it were an afterthought, Eric turned back toward the quartet standing there.

"Oh, and by the way," he mused nonchalantly, "Next time, you really outta keep your attack dog on a leash. And buy it a muzzle or something."

As Eric once again turned around and continued his jog away from the restaurant, Whitney Acosta also took notice of the sirens echoing in the distance. She'd always though restaurant employees calling police was a bluff to get rid of unwanted customers. Perhaps they really had crossed the line, and Danielle or Fritz had indeed called the police. She dispersed it from her thoughtss momentarily and placed her hands on Jodeen's shoulders, leaning down so that she could speak into the younger girl's ear.

"There's no point in even stooping down to his level, Jo," she mused cheerfully into the other girl's ear, "That's what he wants you to do. He wants you to get upset, and he wants to get under your skin. If you let him do that, he's won. He knows he lost, he knows all those people are looking at him thinking he's an idiot, and he's just trying to redeem himself. Don't let him do that."

Letting a smile form on her lips, Whitney winked at the younger girl before standing up to her full height. Looking toward Matthias and Andie, who had just recently joined them, she shrugged her shoulders lightly as if the whole ordeal hadn't been anything to concern themselves over. Somewhere in the back of her mind, though, she just couldn't get Eric's final words out of her head. She feared for Matthias, she feared for Jodeen, and quite honestly, she also sort of feared for herself. She'd watched Eric bully other students before, and he was relentless in his efforts. Sighing inwardly, that faux smile formed on her lips again as she placed a hand on both Matthias's and Jodeen's shoulders, then nodded toward the back parking lot of Benson's Grill.

"Let's just go, before the cops show up and we all get in trouble, alright?"

(Eric continued in: http://s10.DEFUNCT_IF_LINK/SurvivalOfTheF...07entry1285507)
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Original Topic Title: Unbreakable Bonds

(Continued from: A Lone Soul at the Bar and Grill)

Could today possibly get any worse?

This was the solitary thought of Ricky Callahan as he ambled down the path of sidewalk running down Redwood Avenue.  His eyes, still glued to the sidewalk after the embarrassing situation that had occured at Benson's Bar and Grill, every so often rose from their lowered position to look ahead of him.  All was quiet on this residential street.  Every once in a while, he would pass by an empty car parked on the corner of the road.  This neighborhood was a peaceful, middle-class neighborhood.  Mostly elderly people and established families, really.  Out of the corner of his eye, he couldn't help but notice the group of young boys playing basketball in the middle of the street.

They sure don't make 'em like this anymore.

Indeed, in a world filled with chaos and confusion, it was rare to see the sort of peace and tranquility this neighborhood conveyed, still stuck in its old ways, without the thugs and street trash that had accumulated in many of the larger cities across New Jersey.  This was why his parents had chosen to settle down here.  The community surrounding Bathurst High School had been the original location, but Ricky had heard lots of bad things about Bathurst.  The gang fetish that seemed to flourish in New York had passed across the river, namely to that school in Denton, relatively close by.  At least, that's what he'd heard.  Looking back, he found himself glad they'd settled down in this community.

His thoughts were quickly interrupted when the pattering sound of running feet began to echo from behind him.  Turning around in surprise, Ricky could see the bouyant, bouncing red hair and grinning features of someone he'd considered a friend since his move to New Jersey: Eric Silvstedt.

"Hey!  Hey bro, wait up!"

The shouts echoed down the street, and despite himself, Ricky stopped in place, awaiting his friend.  If there was one thing he had learned about Eric since their meeting, it was that he was notorious for blowing off big events when it came to his friends.  Ricky knew that never again would the incident be brought up where he had been slammed into the wall for standing up for Matthias Kovalenko.  Maybe it was better that way, anyhow.  Allowed the boys to remain friends despite all the harsh and uncalled for things Eric had done.

Eric skidded to a stop in front of Ricky, and the hispanic boy couldn't help but do a once-over of his rather messy looking friend.  Eric was still running his hand over his mouth every so often, wiping away the blood that had accumulated when he'd bitten his tongue during the fight with Matthias.  Ricky couldn't help but feel ashamed of the actions of both his friend and himself... after all, he'd done nothing to stop Eric's incessant bullying of the younger boy.  It just didn't seem right.  Despite it all, Ricky knew bringing up the matter would only result in another dispute between the two, and thought it better to just let it be over with.

"Man, you missed all the fun, dude!" Eric belted out, feeling rather proud of himself for his accomplishments.  "Kid's baby sister showed up after you left.  She thought she was hardcore, she was actually gonna try to fight me to stand up for her puss of an older brother.  Can you BELIEVE that, bro?  How fuckin' lame, right?"

Would you just shut up?

"Yeah.  Lame."

Scowling somewhat as his friend dismissed the fight, Eric almost immediately shrugged his shoulders as though it were of little concern.  Eric was proud of himself, he'd enjoyed what had just happened.  Being able to hold himself over his fellow peers, being able to control them and bend them to his will, it made Eric Silvstedt feel powerful.  And Eric... Eric liked that feeling.  After all, he'd been powerless his entire life.

Powerless to stop his father from walking out the door.  Powerless to stop his mother from smoking marijuana in a house full of kids.  Powerless to keep her from sleeping with the random men she brought home every night.  Powerless to stop her from shrieking and sobbing later on when she found out that she was pregnant again, or that she had contracted something else from one of those random men.  Completely, totally, utterly powerless.  But not anymore.  Now, Eric was the one with all the power, the power to control everyone and everything, and it made him feel good inside.  Worthwhile.

The two continued their walk down the beaten path of Redwood Avenue, neither exchanging many words.  Ricky couldn't help but wonder why exactly he hung out with people like Eric Silvstedt, or why he let people like that push him around.  In the end, he supposed it was because he just wanted to fit in.  He didn't want to be that solitary kid in the back of class who never talked to anyone.  Just like everyone else, Ricky had needs as well.  Needs for companionship, friendship.  Although looking back, he supposed that he could've made much better choices in the friends he had chosen to make.

Still, he considered Eric a friend.  After all, he was the first person at Franklyn Senior High to ever extend a hand of friendship to the hispanic boy after his move.  It was a move that had almost surprised Ricky, but Eric had actually reached out to him and tried to be his friend.  Even through the boy's emotional outbursts and often immature attitude, Ricky had never forgotten this fact, and in the end, that was why he'd remained so loyal to Eric.  Eric had pulled him into the first bond of friendship he'd ever made at Franklyn High, and without him, Ricky would probably still be that quiet, solitary kid sitting in the back of class.

And in the end, I suppose I owe him.  For everything.

Ricky was quickly drawn back from his reverie as the sounds of a cop siren echoed loudly through his eardrums.  Looking over, he could see the police officer sitting in the squad car, a friendly smile on his face as he flagged the hispanic boy over.  Looking around momentarily for his friend, Ricky soon realized that Eric had bolted from sight upon the arrival of the squad car, and he couldn't help but think that this was probably one of the after-effects of the brawl that had broken out at Benson's.  Calmly, Ricky approached the squad car, his hands still in his pockets as a friendly smile came across his face.

"Afternoon, officer," the boy greeted him in a friendly manner.

"Good afternoon, young man," the almost elderly looking officer replied en suite, "Got a call from one of the customers down at Benson's a while ago, said some kids were outside fighting in front of the store.  Asked if we'd come down and check it out.  Now we can't find the kids who started it, though."

Ricky's stomach sank a little bit as the officer interrogated him concerning the events at Benson's.  Ricky had left long before the police had ever arrived.  In fact, he had been completely oblivious to the fact that the police had even been called.  Surely, they were looking for Eric, probably for causing a disturbance on public property.  As Ricky struggled internally over the matter, he kept a calm, cool, relaxed face on the outside, only halfway listening to the officer's comments.

"You know anything about that?  Just thought maybe you might've seen one of the hooligans walk past or somethin'."

He's standing in the bushes right over there, officer.  He's hiding from you, because now he's afraid I'll rat him out.  Afraid he'll get busted for mercilessly beating some poor kid at the bar just because he stood up for a friend.  Afraid you'll haul him off for making a public nuisance of himself, not only bothering those kids, but everyone in the entire place with his ignorant nonsense.

"No sir.  Haven't seen anyone suspicious like that.  I'll keep an eye out for them, though, give you a call if I see anything."

The older man in the squad car smiled a friendly smile at Ricky, and Ricky couldn't help but smile back, still knowing that he was blatantly lying to an officer of the law just to save his friend some grief.  It was wrong, he knew it was wrong, but he just couldn't rat Eric out, not after everything, even if he did deserve it.

"Thanks son, that'd be greatly appreciated," the officer chimed, "So many wild kids these days, goin' around starting up violence and acting all crazy.  It's nice to see someone like you with some respect for authority.  Wish there were more kids around here like you.  Thanks, young man."

Yeah... more like me...

With that, the elderly officer waved a goodbye to Ricky and the squad car was once again off, creaking slowly down the streets in search of those who had caused all the mischief and mayhem at Benson's earlier.  Fritz sure hadn't taken things lightly.  When the officer was completely gone from site, Eric emerged from his hiding place in the bushes, wiping the sweat that had formulated above his brow off with his hand and sighing a relieved sigh.  Walking up to his friend, the redhead clasped a hand on Ricky's shoulder and grinned.

"Whew, thanks bro, I owe ya one."

"Anytime... what are friends for?"

Indeed, what are friends for?  Despite all the nonsense and the foolish stunts that Eric committed on a regular basis, despite his heartless and cruel use of women, despite his piss-poor attitude toward life in general, and despite his immature and selfish ways, he shared a special bond with Ricky.  One that was almost unbreakable.  It was the bond of brotherhood, and indeed, the two boys walking down Redwood Avenue shared a special, brother-like bond between them.  From the time he had become friends with Eric, Ricky had stood up for him, fought for unjust causes in his name, done things he wasn't proud of just to look good in Eric's eyes.  Always had, in in truth, probably always would.

(Eric continued in: What Some Might Call Home...)
(Ricky continued in: Usurper)
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Original Post Title: "What Some Might Call Home"

(Continued from: Unbreakable Bonds)

The sun had long since set over the horizon, and Eric Silvstedt had parted ways with Ricky Callahan hours before, when the redhaired boy finally arrived on the doorstep of the Silvstedt household.  After jiggling the key in the doorknob for a moment, it finally unlocked, and with a slight creak, the large wooden door was pushed open.  The house, an older building probably built around 1950, had just recently been renovated to accomodate the large and continuously growing Silvstedt family.  Sighing audibly as he entered the house, Eric was nearly taken aback by what he found as he entered the house.

Silence.

It was a rare occassion that the Silvstedt household, which served as residence for five children (Eric included), a mother, and generally her druggie boyfriend, was quiet.  It seemed that no one was home at this particular moment, though, and needless to say, it came as a surprise to the redheaded boy.  As he shut the door behind him though, he realized that the light to the playroom located in the basement was on.  Raising an eyebrow rather curiously, Eric descended the steps into the basement playroom.

Down below, he could make out two figures.  The first girl had bright curly blonde hair pulled up into bouyant pigtails and was just ever so slightly on the pudgy side.  This girl was Claire, age 8.  The other girl who sat quietly playing Barbies with Claire was also unmistakable.  The long jet-black hair and dark almond eyes that Kayla Silvstedt, age 7, bore made her look completely out of place in the household.  Then again, that wasn't so  abnormal once you thought about it.  None of the three siblings now occupying the playroom had the same father, and the only one that had taken after their mother in the looks department had been Eric.

The creaking noise being made as Eric descended the stairs had startled the two girls, and now both were looking up at the top of the staircase warily.  When Eric came into view, however, both girls relaxed visibly, the younger of the two, Kayla, bouncing to her feet and running toward the steps in a full-on sprint.  Embracing her brother's legs tightly, a smile formed on the dark-skinned child.  Eric simply patted the girl on the back as she embraced him, never one for really showing much emotion.

"Where's mom?" the boy mused, a worried expression forming on his face.  It was late, they were missing two siblings, and his dimwit of a mother had left two little girls, who were barely even into life, in this old house on the border of a bad neighborhood.  Then again, what else was new?

"Um," Kayla started, scrunching up her face as if straining to remember words uttered long ago, "Mommy said that she was... um... that she was going to go... to... um..."

The girl's face formed into a visible pout as she tried desperately to remember the information her mother had provided her some hours ago.  Although Kayla couldn't seem to remember, Claire finally spoke up, a bit of shame in her voice as though she'd done something wrong.

"Mom went to Wendell's house again," she mumbled quietly, her eyes focusing on the ground.

Eric's eyebrows raised in aggravation at the answer he'd received.  He wasn't mad at the girls of course, but more at his worthless excuse of a mother for leaving them home to go get high with that piece of crap drug-addict boyfriend she'd been dating for a while now.  She'd dated scum before, but in Eric's mind, Wendell was the worst of the worst.  He'd been repeatedly busted for dealing drugs, and as if that weren't enough of an indication, his rap sheet continued on with much, much worse things.  Acting as though he weren't phased by it, however, he proceeded to interrogate the girls a bit more.

"Where are Lucas and Trevor?"

Lucas, age 16, had just recently received his driver's license, and hell freezing over couldn't keep that boy in the house.  Then again, who could really blame him?  When he was home, Luc often found himself contending with the two younger girls, who, while they were quiet, were still as much of a handful as any average adolescent is.  Trevor was the middle child of the Silvstedt family at age 14, and had always had anger issues.  Trevor was born as the result of an affair Eric's mother had had on his father long ago, and it was the proverbial straw that had broken the camel's back.  Eric's father walked out on them soon after, and Trevor has lived since childhood with the knowledge that he caused the family to fall apart.

"Lucas is at his girlfriend's, and Trevor went to stay the night with a friend," Claire once again spoke up, barely audible due to her soft-spoken manner.

"Does mom know they're gone?" the redhead inquired quietly.

"Yes," Kayla popped in matter-of-factly, "Mommy knew they'd be gone all day!  She said she'd be right back, but we've been down here for practically HOURS!"

Any time Nancy Silvstedt said "right back", it generally meant hours later.  The last time she had disappeared and left the girls home alone, it had been for days.  Thank goodness for older brothers, otherwise both Claire and Kayla might've wound up in a world of trouble.  That was how Nancy was, though.  Irresponsible and uncaring.  She left the boys to tend to the youngest two while she went out and screwed around.  It had always been like this, for as long as Eric could remember.  Sighing in frustration, he ran a hand over his face, only to be reminded of the fact that he was covered in his own blood, which the girls had, thankfully enough, not asked about.  Nobody wants to look like a bully in front of their little sisters.

"Well..." Eric mused, hoping that his last movement hadn't directed attention to the blood he was covered in, "I'm home now, so I'll be here if you need me."

With that, Eric turned, pulling away from Kayla's tight grasp, and began his trudge back up the stairwell.  Once again, he had to step up and play the roll of father for Kayla and Claire.  In a way, he resented them for it.  He resented the fact that he had to come home and take care of two little kids, he resented the fact that his mother was almost assuredly over at Wendell's high as a kite and unable to come home, he resented the fact that his brothers were both able to escape this hellhole they called home for the night.  At this point, he just resented life.

Pushing through the semi-messy household, Eric made his way to the back room: his room.  "Mom" had gotten a new room when they'd remodeled the old house, and he'd been left with the rather spacious although somewhat antiquated master bedroom.  Looking at himself in the mirror, even Eric thought he looked a bit crazy, covered in blood that was either his own or that of Matthias's, he didn't really know at this point.  Wiping a bit of dirt off of his battered face, he groaned slightly.  Thinking back, Eric didn't really know why he'd attacked the boy in the first place...

Of course he did.

Power.  In this place, his own private hell, Eric had no power of his own.  He was everyone's callboy.  He was the maid, the babysitter, the father figure.  He had all these extra parts to play, and no authority whatsoever.  People like Matthias Kovalenko and the crew at Bensons, Eric could exercise power over.  He could bend them to his will, through force if necessary.  Here, he was the one who was powerless.  Taking a few steps toward the far end of the room where a bit of his gym equipment sat, Eric looked on in contemplation at the punching bag hanging from the ceiling.

He imagined someone breaking into the house, hurting Kayla and Claire.  He imagined the place catching on fire and them being trapped in the basement.  He imagined Trevor coming downstairs in another screaming tantrum about how terrible his life was.  He imagined Lucas's voice echoing out from the other room as he screamed at his long-time girlfriend for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

And then he imagined his mom.  The pudgy woman with curly red hair who no man in their right mind would find attractive.  He imagined her curled up with Wendell at his house, smoking all of her troubles away and leaving her children to deal with them.  Selfish bitch.  Selfish, careless, worthless piece of shit.

At that moment, Eric's fist went flying into the punching back, over and over, as the redhaired boy unleashed a barrage of punches on the swinging bag.  The entire time, all he could imagine was his mother's round face, and all he could think about was hitting her, teaching her a lesson for all the screwed up things she'd done to him and the other kids.  All she ever thought about was herself, it never occurred to her that she had FIVE children to take care of, and the way things were going with Wendell, Eric wouldn't be surprised if the 6th Silvstedt sibling was well on its way.  The thoughts enraged him all the more as he continued slamming his fists into the bag to release the pent-up anger that had been boiling inside him.

After all, when you're left to raise yourself, violence seems like a great way to sort out your frustrations.  Fighting is, after all, the very basic of primal instincts.  You fight for food, you fight for shelter, you fight for life.  Right now, Eric was fighting for life.  For his life.  For the lives of his brothers and sisters.  He was fighting his mother, teaching her the ultimate lesson for all the screwed up things she'd inacted upon them all.  And the bitch deserved every bit of it.

((Continued in: A Name Which Lives in Infamy))
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Original Post Title: Premonition

The evening had been a rather dull and drab one for Eric Silvstedt.  After venting his frustrations on the punching bag hanging up in his room, he'd proceeded to shower away the blood that soaked his form from his earlier brawl with Matthias Kovalenko.  Laundry never was Eric's strong suit, so he'd simply left the blood-stained white wifebeater he'd been wearing in the dirty clothes hamper to be washed.  His mom wouldn't care that her son's clothes were covered in the blood of himself and quite possibly another classmate as well.  She didn't care about anything.

The rest of the evening had been uneventful.  When Mrs. Silvstedt had failed to return home before the evening rolled around, Eric had prepared dinner for himself and the girls.  Of course, not being very skilled in the culinary arts, Eric Silvstedt's version of dinner wasn't much to speak of, but food was food.  The evening slowly crept away from them, and still there was no sign of Nancy Silvstedt.  Eric now turned to look at the bold red numbers eminating from the alarm clock near his bed.  Sighing audibly as he viewed the "11:21" enscribed onto the clock's digital face, Eric rolled sideways in his bed, his attention breaking away from the clock's surface.

When his mom still hadn't arrived back at the house by 9:30, he had put both Claire and Kayla to bed.  It was late, and they all had school in the morning.  And to think, if not for Eric, those girls would still be sitting in the basement by themselves this late at night.  Eric once again rolled over in the bed, clinching his fists tightly at the thought.  Stupid, worthless, inconsiderate bitch.  Sometimes I think we'd be better off without you.  Maybe it was true.  Most all of the Silvstedt children had learned to raise themselves, as Nancy was never around to do so and was generally even less help when she happened to actually be around.  She never did anything.  She never thought about anyone.  Except herself.

In his unrest, his attention snapped to the television, which just happened to be broadcasting a program that had taken the world by storm with its horror factor.  A program known as "Survival of the Fittest".  Students from across the globe are kidnapped, given weapons, and forced to kill one another until only one is remaining.  Interesting premise, no?  The program was currently running through a recap of the events of the previous day for those who might have missed the last program.  Eric jumped noticably as a girl known as Angelina Kaige flung open the door of the ruined helicopter, only to get blasted into the forehead by it's occupant.

For a moment, he stared wide-eyed at the mess of blood, bone, and brain matter that had exited through the back of Angelina's skull along with the bullet.  As he continued to watch on in a strange mixture of horror and awe, however, exhaustion began to overtake him.  Through the chaos and confusion that played across the television screen in his bedroom, Eric Silvstedt only heard dissolved noise as he drifted off into a restless slumber...

----------

Droplets of sweat forced the frizzed-out red curls of Eric's hair onto his forehead as he stalked slowly up the staircase of the house, the creaking of the steps echoing in his mind almost as loud as the heartbeat that continuously thudded in his eardrums.  His lips were quivering, his hands were shaking uncontrollably, and he was sweating profusely.  The redhead's wide eyes slowly traced down to the gleaming silver object he held in his shaking hands, and he let out a gasp of air as he took one last look at it.

Looking back up toward the door, Eric focused intently on it.  His lips continued to tremble as he studied the sturdy wooden structure with an odd intensity.  Closing his eyes a moment, he tried to steady his breathing before raising the object in his hands to point at the large door.  In one swift movement, Eric raised his foot and slammed it into the door with enough velocity to knock the door from its hinges.  His mother, who had been on the other side engaged in sexual acts with Wendell, stopped in her tracks, mouth agape.

"HEY BITCH!"

They were the only two words Eric Silvstedt uttered before he pulled the trigger on the loaded shotgun he'd been carrying, sending a spray of bullets into the room.  The explosion of gore that followed as the hail of ammunition penetrated the bodies of his mother and Wendell, sending them collapsing onto the flood in a dull thud, was nothing less than spectacular in Eric's eyes, and he watched on with glee as his mother and the criminal of a man that she called a boyfriend breathed their final breaths before seeping from existence.

All of a sudden Eric was in the hallway of Franklyn Senior School, the deadly shotgun with which he had murdered his mother still clinched tightly in his grasp, so tight his knuckles were starting to turn white.  At once, he was running, the sound of his footsteps once again echoing throughout the hallway.  A figure appeared in the hallway, and Eric grinned as he raised the shotgun with a malicious intent.  The figure standing in front of him, one of his classmates by the name of Danielle Tysl, could only look on in horror as the trigger of the shotgun was once again pulled and her bullet-ridden corpse fell to the ground.

Eric didn't stop, nor did he ever look back.  Instead, he kept on running, the shotgun he wielded being held at chest level.  Another figure appeared, and Eric once again smiled to himself.  It was that cheerleader bitch, the blonde one he'd hit on at Andy's party that had turned him down.  The girl Ricky liked.  Yeah, Whitney!  That girl.  Once again raising the shotgun, he started to fire, but out of nowhere jumped the figure of Ricky Callahan.  Eric no longer cared, however, and the trigger of the shotgun was once again pulled, sending the two to their dooms.

Pausing a moment over the fallen form of the man he once called his best friend, Eric couldn't help but look a little disgusted.  The fool had sacrificed himself and died for a lost cause.  Spitting on the ground next to him, the redhead simply shrugged his shoulders.  What concern was it to him now?  Fool.

The redheaded boy once again continued to stalk down the hallway, though this time at a much slower pace.  A figure could be seen in the distance, and became more and more recognisable as Eric approached him from behind.  The crazed smile once again returned to his face in full force as he realized that the boy who stood facing away from him was none other than Matthias Kovalenko.  He'd been wanting to do this for a long, long time.

"Hey.  Hey pansy-fuck!"

As the dark-headed boy turned around, Eric shoved the barrel of the shotgun directly into Matthias's face and pulled the trigger.  Once, twice, a third time.  Over and over again the hail of burst fire exploded from the end of the shotgun, taking Matthias's head along with it.  Blood, bone, and brain matter splattered the floor, the lockers, and Eric, but Eric didn't care.  He just kept firing and kept firing, all the while laughing with glee at the act that he had just committed.  He couldn't bring himself to stop, and the sound of gunshots continued to echo over and over and over again.

----------

Eric sprung up from his sprawled out position on his bed, his eyes wide in terror and a cold sweat running down his shirtless form.  The heavy breathing, almost panting noise that had been forcing itself from his lips gradually slowed back to a steady and normal pace, but Eric remained horrified at the disturbing dream he'd had.  His mother was a bad person, yes, and he hated her at times, but to ever bring himself to shoot his own mother?  The woman who brought him into this world?  It was incomprehensible.  And his classmates... the entire scenario had left a chilling effect on the boy, and as he lay back down in the bed, he couldn't help but notice that he was visibly trembling at the deranged and psychotic dream that had just run the course of his mind.

What the fuck's wrong with me?
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Original Post Title: "A Name Which Lives in Infamy"

((Continued from: Premonition))

The night had not been a kind one for one, Eric Silvstedt.  Not only had his lousy excuse for a mother gone to her drug-addict of a boyfriend's house up in the so-called "nice" part of town and proceeded to stay gone the entire night, leaving his younger sisters down in the basement to fend off any and all villains that may come, but in addition to it all, Eric had been subjected to horrendous nightmares over the course of the night after falling asleep in front of that "Survival of the Fittest" television show that had taken over the networks by storm these past few days.

The night had been virtually sleepless, and every time Eric fell asleep, he'd endured another nightmare.  Finally, he'd given up on ever getting any rest.  Around three that morning he'd stumbled into the kitchen and fixed himself a cup of coffee, determined not to fall asleep again lest he be subjected to another of those daunting and eerie dreams.  It was then that the loud clattering noise had echoed out from the front porch, practically sending Eric into hysterics.  He'd grabbed the aluminum baseball bat that lay dormant beside his door and rushed into the living room, baseball bat raised high, determined to eliminate their intruder.

Much to his surprise, it was no intruder who burst through the front door but rather his younger brother, Lucas.  He didn't seem in the mood to talk, and Eric could only imagine that he and that girl had gotten into another fight that had sent him scurrying back to his room.  It was good that Luc didn't want to talk about it, because Lord knows Eric didn't want to hear about his younger brother's sex life and relationship problems.  Luc had simply pushed past him and headed up the stairs to his room.  Eric hadn't protested, and after securing the locks on the front door once again, he'd returned to his seated position in the kitchen with his coffee.

Minutes passed, then hours.

Somewhere during the passage of time, probably around four-thirty or five that morning, Eric had had enough of sitting at the kitchen table staring absent-mindedly at the rings that had been created from many a glass left on the wood for too long.  So, he'd gone into his bedroom, changed into a wifebeater and a pair of windbreaker pants, slid on his running shoes, and set off down the road.  Now, he found himself jogging aimlessly down the overgrown walking trail of Tilles Park, brooding quietly to himself.  Eric Silvstedt was a lot of things.  He was tired, he was hungry, he was annoyed, but most of all, Eric was just downright mad.  Had he not come home last night, his sisters, both of whom were barely into the world, would've spent the night in that old and delapidated house all alone.

Doesn't she ever think about anyone but herself?  What would've happened if they'd been there alone and Luc had come busting in at three o'clock in the morning?  What the hell's her problem, anyway?  She's not a teenager anymore, she's a grown adult, she needs to fucking act like one.  Fucking bitch, needs to stand up and take responsibility for--

The loud crack that echoed out from behind him barely registered in Eric's mind.  Instead, all he felt was the searing pain of a blunt object connecting with his back, followed by the feeling of him floating through the air, and all at once, him slamming into the rugged and busted up concrete of the walkway.  Rolling onto his back in shock and surprise, Eric looked up at the gangly teenager who stood behind him, wooden baseball bat in hand.  He looked like your typical thug, bandana wrapped around his forehead, decked out in a white tanktop and black cargo pants that didn't fit him.

Once again, all Eric felt was anger.  Despite the pain that racked through his body from being hit full-force with a baseball bat, Eric felt himself launching toward the other boy, knocking him onto the concrete along with him.  Reaching up, Eric forced the boy's head onto the concrete with one hand, meanwhile allowing his other fist to impact with the boy's face.  He grinned slightly at the sick cracking sound that was made as bone slammed into bone.  More than anything, though, he was pissed.

"All I wanted to do was come out here and clear my head, motherfucker!  That's all I wanted!  What the fuck did you plan on doing, anyway?  Beating me with the ballbat and stealing my money?  I don't have any money motherfucker, I'm not stupid!  All that for nothing!"

Eric's fist once again slammed into the boy, this time impacting in his stomach and knocking the air from his lungs.  Frantically, the boy's arms began waving around in a pleading manner, as though he were bading Eric to stop the assault.  The boy coughed and sputtered a bit from the impact of Eric's fist into his stomach before finally coughing out a sentence.

"I'm sorry dude!  I'm sorry!  Please man, just let me go!  Just let me go!"

Scoffing at the comment, Eric rose to his feat, pulling the much smaller boy, who had obviously been using the bat for leverage, up along with him.  The boy smiled a grateful smile, surprised that he was being shown sympathy by the boy he'd just attacked.  Eric, however, had other plans.  The thug's eyes widened in a frightened manner as Eric's fist went flying toward his face.  Blood spewed from his nose, staining the white wifebeater a crimson color in the front as Eric's fist impacted with his nose.  The impact sent the boy flying back onto the concrete, and he held his broken nose in horror.

"Let you go?  What would you have done, huh?" Eric shrieked in a rage as he kicked the baseball bat away from the other boy's grasp, "Would you have let me go?  You just hit me with a fucking ballbat, man!  You were gonna fucking mug me!"

Eric's eyes met with the boy's, and he couldn't help but feel some sense of familiarity.  He probably knew this kid from somewhere.  In fact, that's just what he was.  A kid.  No older than Eric, maybe even a few years younger.  That's what this cesspool called Tilles Court did to you.  It turned otherwise good kids into thugs-in-training.  They learned the tricks of the trade here, and this boy was learning early.  Shaking his head in disgust, Eric spit toward the sprawled out boy and reached down for the baseball bat.

No sooner had he grabbed it and risen to his feet, however, did he see his would-be attacker scurrying off in the other direction.  Shaking his head in anger and frustration, Eric let out a savage yell before swinging the baseball bat into the nearby lightpost and shattering the glass and bulb that helped to illuminate the dark trail.  Just as quickly as the chaos had begun, all was silent.  Well, relatively silent.  Tossing the baseball bat to the side, Eric limped back off toward his humble abode, the only noises on the streets now the sounds of the neighborhood dogs barking and a car alarm that was going off somewhere in the distance.

((Continued in: I keep having these strange dreams lately...))
Megami†

Post by Megami† »

Original Post Title: "I keep having these strange dreams lately..."

((Continued from: A Name Which Lives in Infamy))

You know how some days, you can just tell it's going to be a good day?  The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, there isn't a cloud in the sky -- you wake up on the right side of bed and you just know.  You know that the day is going to have something great in store for you.  Well, for Eric Silvstedt, this day was far from being good.  In fact, over the course of the sleepless night he'd had prior to the day's beginning, events had continued to spiral downward, spinning the proverbial "good day" odometer into a one-eighty.

When you have a day like that, sometimes, it's just nice to vent to somebody.  Anybody.  That was Eric's motivation for going to St. Mary's Mercy Medical Facility on South 62nd Street.  Being on the south side of town, otherwise known as the classier, ritzier side of Denton, it was quite the journey from Eric's home on the west side.  He'd set off roughly half an hour ago in the truck, and was just now pulling into the hospital parking lot.

As he stepped out of the truck and shut the door, Eric couldn't help but absent-mindedly adjust the black button-up overshirt he'd put on over his white wifebeater.  Of course, he'd been forced to shower again after the incident that occurred in the early hours of the morning, and after deciding to head down to the hospital, he decided that the ratty attire he'd adorned earlier that morning wasn't exactly appropriate given the circumstances.  He'd thrown on a white tanktop, the nice black overshirt he currently wore, a nice pair of jeans, and he'd actually ditched the baseball cap and made an attempt at fixing his usually frizzy and unmanageable locks.

Of course he had, he was going to see her.

As Eric entered the quiet corridors of the medical facility, the silence of the hallways cut Eric's normally exuberant personality down to a tee.  Even someone as thick-headed as Eric knew that a hospital was a place to show some semblance of respect for others.  His eyes remained fixated on the ground as he walked down the corridors of the hospital, his hands in his pockets.  Every once in a while, he would nod in acknowledgement of an occassional passerby.  Finally, Eric came to a stop in front of the door labelled "226 - Dr. Silva".  He had reached his destination.

He knocked tentatively on the door and, after receiving a response from the other side of the large wooden structure, turned the brass handle and entered the room.  Behind the large mahogany desk sat the smiling face of one, Dr. Silva -- a woman who held a beauty all her own.  Her dark chocolate colored hair hung freely around her head, framing her face perfectly.  Deep chocolate eyes that held a fierce intelligence behind them peered out from behind small, square glasses which sat atop her nose.  For someone in her late twenties to early thirties, Dr. Silva was quite the impressive woman.

"Eric!" she exclaimed, the smile still alighting her features, "What brings you here?"

"Can I... can I talk to you?" he inquired in a manner not becoming of the Eric Silvstedt that everyone else had grown accustomed to.

"Of course," the woman stated curtly, "You know you can always talk to me."

That much was true.  Dr. Silva had been a part of Eric Silvstedt's life for a long while now.  She was, perhaps, the only thing his lousy excuse of a mother had ever gotten right.  Ever since he was a child, ever since his anger issues had been uncovered, he had been seeing Dr. Silva.  Sure, paying for a psychiatrist was expensive, but it was worth it, at least in Eric's mind.  She even gave the Silvstedts quite a large discount after discovering their financial situation.  She was an amazing woman all around, and probably the only person that Eric felt like he could really sit down and talk to... connect with.  She wasn't like other people -- like other doctors -- she really listened to what he had to say, and she showed genuine empathy and concern toward him.  It was something that Eric was silently grateful for.

"Dr. Silva, I keep having these weird dreams..."

Return to “The Distant Past”