There's no place like home...*

Briarwood Apartment Complex, situated on the north side of town, boasts a stunning 498 units in the sprawling complex. People from all over flock to Briarwood for housing: the rich, the poor, and those in between. The complex is somewhat segregated in terms of wealth. Those who can afford the higher-priced apartments have them, while those who aren't so fortunate are stuck with the crummy ones in the back.
MooCow*

There's no place like home...*

Post by MooCow* »

People tended to overlook Jolie Sheehan.  Fortunately for her, Jolie liked it that way.  Brushing a long lock of her dishwater blond hair out of her eyes she yawned.  It was very early, and later that morning, in approximately seven hours, she was to attend her first day of school at Bathurst High.  The clock on her bedroom wall read 1:06.  Letting out another yawn she scribbled furiously in her diary, her undying devotion to the cheap journal from Target was the reason she was still awake before such an important day.  She wrote in it religiously every evening (or in this case morning) before she went to sleep.  She skimmed her latest entry.

"Dear Diary,'

"Well the move went as well as could be expected.  I still can't believe it, you'd think I'd be used to this by now.  It's the third time we've packed up and skipped out this school year.  Tomorrow I start school at yet another "fine educational establishment".  This one is called Bathurst.  It reminds me of bratwurst... and I hate bratwurst.  I don't expect anything exciting to happen in my undoubtedly short time there.  Nothing ever does happen at these schools.  I wonder if my mom understands that I'm going to need a shrink until I'm fifty because of all the psychological trauma she's put me through, switching schools every few monthes.  It's so sad, my best friends are my dog and... well you, this diary.'

"I saw a boy in town today, he was cute, but I don't think he goes to my school.  I heard someone say his name... Pants.  What a weird name.  I suppose it's a nickname.  I know nothing will happen between us.  I probably won't even see him again but... a girl can dream can't she?'

"In other news, mom has wasted no time finding a new boyfriend, yet another dousche by the name of Paul.  He's taking her to a Stix concert on Saturday... I hate Stix... he drives an ambulence.  Of course I'm just going to refer to him as Skip, like all the rest.  I just wish that mom could take things slow for once... then maybe we wouldn't have to move all the time.  Then again i don't have much experience with men so what can I really say.'

"I'm so tired right now.  If I keep writing I won't be able to get up tomorrow for school.  I hope you understand... then again you're nothing but processed tree  bark so why am I worrying about your feelings?  Until next time.'

- Jolie"

Closing the journel she walked into her conjoined bathroom and began rigorously brushing her teeth.  She took out her contacts, the special kind they made for people with astigmatism, and poured solution into the little cups of the contact case.  The solution read Opti-Free.  She brushed her teeth and washed her face, finishing with her nightly routine in seven minutes flat.  She was getting good.  Smiling a half hearted smile she notived a small pimple on the side of her nose.  Painfully she popped it.  

Gross!

Switching of the bathroom light she made her way to the twin bed she'd slept in for the last half dozen years.  Turning of her reading lamp and pulling back the covers it didn't take long for Jolie to drift into a deep undisturbed sleep.

"BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP..."

Opening her eyes Jolie yawned and stretched her arms.  Glancing towards the slarm clock she flashed a smile that conveyed the clear fact that she was only half awake.

7:50... OH SHIT!

Jumping out of her bed Jolie realized she was about ten minutes away from tardiness on her first day of class.  There was no time to shower.  Sloppily applying makeup as she tried desperately to put together an outfit she scurried around her room in every direction.  

Eight minutes later she was out the door, her hair in a messy pony tail and her keys in hand.  Throwing her book bag inside her peice of junk car Jolie peeled out of her driveway and barreled unknowingly towards the teen jungle that was Bathurst High.

The radio blarred a familiar Guns N' Roses tune as she sped out of the apartment complex parking lot.

"Welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money honey
We got your disease'

"In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your shun n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n knees, knees
I wanna watch you bleed'

"Welcome to the jungle
We take it day by day
If you want it you're gonna bleed
But it's the price you pay
And you're a very sexy girl
That's very hard to please
You can taste the bright lights
But you won't get them for free
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Feel my, my, my serpentine
I, I wanna hear you scream'

"Welcome to the jungle
It gets worse here everyday
Ya learn ta live like an animal
In the jungle where we play
If you got a hunger for what you see
You'll take it eventually
You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me'

"And when you're high you never
Ever want to come down, so down, so down, so down YEAH!'

"You know where you are
You're in the jungle baby
You're gonna die
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your shu n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n knees, knees
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Feel my, my, my serpentine
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your shun n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n, knees, knees
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your
It's gonna bring you down!
Ha!"

This was going to be interesting...

((Continued in: After-School Band Practice))
I am an archival account used by staff to port old posts from handlers no longer active. If you are this handler, get in touch with staff and we can get your posts back for you! Aiden avatar by Kermit.

Return to “Briarwood Apartment Complex”