Oh... Hi...

Most of the Amusement Park’s attractions are held in the central grounds area, which is packed with several long-deserted games and foods stands, still offering their prizes to anyone who wants them. Also housed in the area are the large yellow Ferris wheel and the bumper cars, which have suffered the trials of time and become flush with vegetation.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

"Overestimating? People started telling me about your stupid thefts before you even turned up on the announcements. Out of... what... five people I had proper conversations with? Why did you even need hedge trimmers? And why do you have to keep laughing every time I point out that you've been a dick? Doing a great job at sounding balanced there, you..." Joe tailed off into mutters.

It was probably a very good thing Marcus hadn't met Travis, actually.

"Well, if you haven't seen him, I want to start looking again. It's the last thing on my to-do list. ...No, wait, one of the last." He still had to bury Lydia. And Gabby and Chuck. If he could.

"...Have you, um." Joe shifted back from anger to a more subdued tone. "Have you seen Chuck? His, uh... his... I want to find him. Burial. I..." Where had Miles said it happened? "I think it... it happened in a lagoon near the beach."
Delroy†

Post by Delroy† »

He laughed again.

"Isn't that how it's always worked, dude? I do stupid shit, we get in trouble and you tell me I'm a dick or a dumbass? Like that time in the library when we..."

He paused, scratched his head and pondered for a second.

"... Well, I suppose that this is waaaay worse than just making it snow in the library... Sorry for bringing that up..."

He cleared his throat.

"As for the hedge trimmer... Well, I mean... What would you rather use in a fight against a maniac with a knife? Hedge trimmer or duct tape? At least the trimmer has a longer reach so you don't have to get close to the crazy bastard, right?"

He paused. He figured Joe wasn't interested in hearing more of his thoughts regarding the effectiveness of his weapons. Joe seemed to want to focus on finding Marcus, though. Travis didn't mind, really. As long as they didn't have to traverse the entire island over and over again. Eventually they might end up running into Tyler or Hansel or someone else.

"I... uh... No. I was down at the beach this morning... I didn't see Chuck anywhere, though. But I didn't really look for him either since I didn't know that was where he..."

He went quiet. It wasn't the most logical thing to do, nor the most strategic. But fuck it. It was Chuck they were talking about here.

"... He deserves a proper burial. He's our friend. It's the least we can do for him."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Delroy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Joe clenched and unclenched his fists a few times in response to Travis' babbling, but didn't say anything. Or punch him. If he punched Travis, Travis would leave. If he punched Travis, someone else would die.

But he was willing to bury Chuck. Of course he was. It'd be inhuman to just leave a best friend rotting in the lagoon.

"Right. ...You... you were probably at the wrong beach. It's on the other side of... of the island. I think. The, uh... the lagoon one."

Joe put his daypack on the counter of the concession stand and started rifling through for his map, pushing aside the bottle of whiskey he'd taken from the mansion and the dressage whip he'd been assigned.

At least duct tape was useful. Excuses.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Through the tense silence of former friends came a new sound--the heavy trod of booted feet.

(Tyler Lucas continued from Law and Instinct)

Oh, weary were the feet that carried him here.  They'd gone racing after Travis as soon as they'd left dead Cassidy's side, hungry eyes seeking any trace of the other man.  But though they'd spied people from afar, they'd seen no sign of Travis, and so he'd passed ghost-like across the island, teeth bared in a savage grimace.

It was only as the day wore on that Tyler's stomach began to growl.  A quick review of his patchwork bag found only the scotch and a single bottle of water, so he'd grabbed the water and then made his stomping way back towards the old Amusement Park.

He still wore that scowl as he stomped to his booth.  A scowl that creased his face and made him look savage and deadly, as thunderous as the storm still brewing in the skies above, bringing its dredging rain down on their heads.  And the sound of his footsteps somehow carried over the drizzle, became a part of that storm.

He wasn't far from Travis and Joe.  And he was getting closer and closer.
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Delroy†

Post by Delroy† »

"Maybe? I dunno, man. I've been here and there on this island. Some places look familiar, others are completely foreign to m-..."

He stopped talking. Listened. Heavy steps echoed through the central grounds of the amusement park. Someone was coming, and was not far away.

Had it happened? Had he really been found by HIM?

He didn't say another word. He was too tired to fight. Too tired to run. He grabbed the bag off the counter and jumped onto Joe, pulling him down to the dirty floor. Joe tried to protest, but Travis quickly hushed him. If it was Tyler, he couldn't risk them getting spotted like this. He wouldn't be able to get away with the same trick twice. If he was found out, he would die, simple as that.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Delroy. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Joe did not see the thing that Travis was suddenly so scared of. His guess would have to be that it was one of the many kids Travis had probably angered.

But those footsteps were very heavy. And in all the years he'd known Travis, he'd been either too casual or too bull-headed to ever show fear. But he was afraid now.

That made Joe scared, too. So he didn't make a sound once he realised what was happening. He was barely breathing.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

(GMing approved)

The scratch of plastic upon wood jerked Tyler's head upright.  His nostrils flared as though he were trying to track down the source of the sound, and he froze in place as the corners of his lips jerked up and down.

"Come out!" he roared, hefting that gun.  "Whoever you are, come out!"

No answer.  But Tyler's level gaze didn't leave the source, and he began to take heavy steps towards the source.

A new flurry of sound, scratching, something moving in the dust, plastic scraping against wood.  Tyler's mouth flashed up into a grin and he took several racing steps towards the source of the noise, hefting his gun as he went.  The noise went suddenly still, but Tyler had a heading, and his feet led him unerringly towards the source of the sound.

Then he reached the booth where he'd stored his stuff, and the squirrel gnawing on his stored goods went chittering away, bounding from booth to booth until it landed on a barren tree a little ways away.

Tyler stared after it for a moment, his grin flickering away.  He examined the remains of his water and rations bars--one of which had been half-chewed away.  He grimaced, then broke off a part of that ration bar so there was half left and slipped in his bag, along with his last waters and ration bars.

There was no more food stored here.  No reason to come back, and no reason to stay.

He lifted his eyes back to that tree, then shook his head and went walking off into the stormy dusk.

(Tyler Lucas continued in The Crazy Kids)
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Delroy†

Post by Delroy† »

He didn't move, he didn't breathe. He heard the shouts, and panic gripped his heart. It was Tyler, and he knew someone was here. Travis quietly gripped the hilt of his scalpel. If Ty had a quick look inside the stand, he'd get a piece of metal lodged in his throat. Travis had his eyes fixed on the window, ready for Ty to appear at any moment.

But Tyler never came.

Even as the heavy bootladen footsteps began to vanish into the distance, he didn't stir.

After a couple of minutes, he peered out. Was it a trick?

Only when he felt a hundred percent sure it wasn't, he stood up and spoke.

"Fuuuuck, that was close."
ViolentMedic

Post by ViolentMedic »

Not breathing hadn't helped. Whoever was out there had heard them. Joe frowned as he looked upward. Maybe it would be best if he just stood and owned up to being here. Looked better than being found hiding. But he couldn't stand. His legs had turned to jelly.

It turned out not to matter. The footsteps moved. Joe heard some rustling and scraping noises from elsewhere. And then the footsteps receded entirely. Still, neither of them moved for a while. In Joe's case, because his legs still felt gelatinous. No movement until Travis spoke.

"Close? Close from what? I mean, who? Was that someone after you?" Joe briefly lowered his voice to a slow, dull-sounding pitch. "'Oh, there's not that many people after me, Joe.' Yeah, right. First person that turns up?" There was a noticeable tremor in his voice despite the mocking tone.

Joe tested his legs. Still kind of shaky. But useable. He grabbed his bag, retrieving his map before zipping it up.

"Whatever that guy wanted... I don't want to stick around. Let's just go."

((Joe Carrasco and Travis Webster continued in Everybody Looking For Something.))

Return to “Central Grounds”