This One Time At Band Camp

Band Class - Open

This is where all the less academic classes are. Actually spanning segments of all three floors, in a rough stack, the electives hall is home to art classes, the band and orchestra rooms, the drama room, the cooking lab, and the yearbook/newspaper room. Students are strongly encouraged to take at least a year of artistic electives, since many colleges along the West Coast require this as an entry condition. The halls here are generally well decorated and inviting, since this is the most "fun" section of the school.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Owen grinned broadly as Cody responded to his, pretty much entirely unlikely, claim. This thing could definitely be fun. Owen hadn't really participated in any individual competitions of any sort before, unless you counted getting the part of Santa in his Year 2 school play. Despite his joking, Owen did want to show people what exactly he could do, as well as maybe gain a little more confidence performing on stage, in front of an audience.

"Well, maybe you're right." Owen said in response to Cody. "But unfortunately, I just can't see anyone that fits that description around here. Shame, really."

Takeshi decided to slightly switch the conversation then, turning it to prom, and what everyone's plans were. Prom was an... interesting subject for Owen; he certainly had ideas for it, such as who he wanted to ask to it. The only problem was, he was way, way too nervous about actually going for it. He definitely wanted to go, though. It would be fun either way, he hoped.

"Yeah, I'm definitely going to prom." Owen said, whilst flipping open his clarinet case and beginning to dismantle his clarinet. "Right now though, poor little me's going stag, unless something weird and magical happens. Which, y'know. Fairly unlikely." Owen placed the rest of his clarinet in the case, wiping the reed dry before slotting it into its own case, and closing the whole thing. Owen turned back to the group, trying to remember whether he had any free periods tomorrow as well.

"I... think I have some free time tomorrow, yeah." Owen said, scratching his chin. It was getting kind of hairy again. He knew he should probably shave soon, but there was a half formed dream of letting it grow into a goatee or something. He wasn't sure his parents would really approve though; beards of any kind were not their favourite things in the world.

"I'm not sure how much help I'll actually be, though." Owen continued, now scratching the back of his neck, rather sheepishly. "Never been any good at this whole "planning" lark."
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

Takeshi mentally ran through his schedule, trying to figure out when he was free. After a few seconds he had managed to find some time.

"I've got fourth period free tomorrow. Does that work for you guys?"

His mind then went back to Prom, which was looming ever closer. "I don't know. I probably will go, I'm just not wanting to go alone. I want a pre-prom adventure, and a good after party to go to. Not likely I'll find a date between now and then. Sometimes I swear I have to be the only single gay guy in our school." He laughed and rubbed his neck.

"So, what's everybody doing after school?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Zabriel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Casey the Undead†

Post by Casey the Undead† »

((I am so super sorry guys I have no excuses))

"After school?" Cody shrugged. "I don't think I have any plans besides, you know, homework." He shuddered a bit. Second semester senior year was supposed to be a blow-off, but for some reason Cody found himself even more swamped than usual. Maybe he just felt more swamped. He really couldn't wait to get out of high school- like, really.

Fourth period was when Cody had English, but he figured no one would care if he didn't quite make it to class. Maybe he just got really sick. Yeah. That worked, right? "Fourth sounds good to me," he said cheerfully.

As for prom, Cody was still not entirely sure what his plans were. "Man, even going alone isn't going alone anymore. I can bet you at least half the kids there will be dateless, or going with friends. Stag is in, bro. Nobody cares anymore, you know? It's like everyone woke up one day and realized the universal truth that dating in high school is vastly overrated."

Cody thought about all the people in his class who were dating and felt instantly sorry for them. Not that having a boyfriend or girlfriend was bad or anything- Cody had had his fare share of dates- he just knew that it was all stupid and pressurized. Everyone was either in long-term, serious relationships, or just screwing around for fun and sex. Cody preferred being casual about everything, including dating.

"Although, hey," he added on, realizing that his comment might have sounded a tad dick-ish. "If you've got a girl and/or guy and/or friend or whatever, power to you."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Casey the Undead. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

Takeshi nodded. "I guess you're right. Maybe somebody should tell that to our entertainment industry. Prom is still portrayed as the magical event of your adolescence where...actually, prom is only depicted as magical and wonderful for straight people. Gay guys get to go with fat female friends. I'm not sure if I should be depressed or relieved."

He laughed quietly and shook his head. "No, you're right. Dating is overrated. It's not like any of our high school relationships are going to survive the first semester of college. Besides, by the time our senior trip rolls around nobody is going to remember prom anyhow. This is just a speed-bump along the way. Anyhow, I should get home and get working on my English paper. The essay topic is really boring, and I don't do well with last minute things. So, I'll see you guys at fourth period tomorrow."

Takeshi scooped up his things and made his way for the door. As he left he turned around and waved a final goodbye.

"Later!"

((Takeshi Yoshikawa continued elsewhere))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Zabriel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Pippi

Post by Pippi »

Takeshi and Cody both seemed to agree that fourth period tomorrow would be the best time to hold the planning session. Owen tried to remember his schedule tomorrow. He was fairly certain he didn't have a lesson planned then, but he just couldn't quite remember, and he didn't want to say he'd turn up then find out that was impossible. After a few more seconds of thinking desperately, Owen folded, and rummaged through his bag to find his schedule. Thankfully, he was in luck; fourth period was completely free.

"Yup, fourth's cool with me, too." Owen said, smiling. Takeshi then asked what everyone was doing after school. Today, for Owen, was comparatively easy to other days; nothing until the evening, when he had football practice outside of school.

"Eh, the usual." He said, slinging his bag onto his shoulders. "Homework, study, all that. By which I mean dossing around in Minecraft instead. You know how it goes. Then footb-soccer practice."

Owen didn't want to feel slightly self-conscious by being the first one to leave, so he hung around a bit longer, waiting for the rest to go as well. He listened to what Cody and Takeshi had to say about prom with interest, mulling it over, but staying quiet. Owen really didn't want to talk about prom much. Cody's talk about how it was a-ok to go stag was reassuring, but all the shame, Owen knew he'd regret it if he didn't even try ask someone. Seize the moment, that was something he'd learnt ages ago. Seize the moment or it'd pass by, never to be seen again.

Lost in his own thoughts, Owen barely noticed that Takeshi had left. He was only brought back to earth when he heard the door close shut behind Takeshi. Owen blinked one, then twice for good measure, before picking up his clarinet.

"I should probably be going too." Owen said. "I have to make the incredibly difficult decision between studying the Cold War or mining for diamonds. See you guys tomorrow!"

With that, Owen made his way out of the band room, soon drifting back off into his own thoughts.

((Owen Kay, continued in I Hate Free Study))
[+] V7
B006 - Stepney Cruz - DEAD - Dynasty decapitated, you just might see a ghost tonight - Mountain Bike - Localised - Catastrophe - Inferno
Pregame - Chill - Loss - Realm
Trip - Loved

G035 - Katie Agustien - DEAD - There's only two ways that these things can go, good or bad and how was I to know that all your friends won't hold any grudges, I got the final judgment - The World's Sharpest Knife™ - Dread - Skin - ieatnothing - Satisfaction - Tempest - Zero
Pregame - Vend-etta - Flames - Fleet - Monachopsis - Glitter
Trip - G҉ A҉ N҉ G҉

B028 - Aurelien Valter - DEAD - When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat, before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream - Spiked Mace, Glock 19, Min-Jae Parker's Crossbow - Nightmare - Bubbles - Neighbourhood - Tragedy - Make It - Fiend - Sleet - Love - Walls - Friends - Key - Everything - Gotta - Ghosts - Alone
Pregame - Shark - Heart
Prom - Link - Gradation - Ballare
Trip - Inferis - Scusare

B052 - Garren Mortimer - DEAD- Cut up and I can't feel my hands, no need to chase, can you relate, can you keep up the pace like you're dying for this? - Bryan Calvert's SPAS-12, Alligator tooth sword - Sky - Geek - Nation - No - Dilemma - Mauerbauertraurigkeit - Struck - Punishment - Énouement - Pain - Learn - lamb - Moves
Pregame - Rain
Trip - Life

Meanwhile
Lyra Doyle - Let's live tonight like fireflies, and one by one light up the sky - Pop!
Pregame - Evolution - Life - Lo Mein
Memories - Forward - Odds

Dean Puchero - By July you'd made a whole bunch of brand new friends, people you used to look down on, and you'd figured out a way to make real money - Phone - Angel
Pregame - Generation - Prince
Memories - Star
Prom - Sun - Luster
[+] The Past
V6
Bryony Adams - Burning bright until the end, now you'll be missing from the photographs
Astrid Tate - So what became of loving man, and what became of you?
Mia Rose - You can't understand that I won't leave 'til we're finished here, and then you'll find out where it all went wrong

V5
Owen Kay - I fold my tie and ribbon to hide my scars, that's how it starts
Amy Bachelor - Can you whisper, as it crumbles and breaks, as you shiver, count up all your mistakes
Francis St. Ledger - So a day when you've lost yourself completely could be a night when your life ends

V4
George Leidman (Adopted from Blastinus) - Now if we jump together at least we can swim far away from the wreck that we made
Beatrice - Jamie - Pippi - Tim - Ada - Tabby - Romeo - Lissa - Freddie - Trinity - Redd - Natalie - Kendra
[+] The Future
Boyd Adkinson - Ain't no surprise that I can't sleep tonight, my only vice is standing by your side
"bryony and alba would definitely join the terrorists quote me on this put this quote in signatures put it in history books" - Cicada Days, 2017

Return to “Electives Hall”