Rationally Early

This is for the dance itself! Aurora's Prom takes place at a large event center about four miles from Aurora High rented by the school specifically for the night, on Saturday, May 19, 2012. The theme is Moonlight Serenade. As Prom is a large event in an enclosed space, making privacy somewhat difficult to attain, NO PRIVATE THREADS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM. This forum can cover anything from the arrival at the dance to when students leave.
Slam

Post by Slam »

Dave forced a smile and a fake laugh as Lana Sophie made her cracks, his head still wrapped in his phone or the front door or wherever he'd first find out about Lana showing up with her date. He was obsessing, there was no question, but what's wrong with obsessing over someone you really like and just want to hang out with? It wasn't like he had anything better to be doing right then anyway.

Screw it, he needed to talk to her or something. Even if she wasn't there yet she'd probably be on the way over or something; he'd just call her and say hi and find out when she was showing up and then he could relax already and have fun with Sophie and Matt and Cass.

"Hey I'm just gonna, uh, go to the bathroom! Yeah, I really need to go after all those, drinks. Yeah! " He announced to the other three, fake smile still stretched across his face whilst his hands flailed beyond his control as he slipped away in search of some privacy and a phone signal.

((Dave Russell continued in Mary Jane's Sanctum))
My V8 Relationship Thread!
[+] Dead V7 Kids
B035: LUCAS BRADY - Had Enough - 1 - 2 - 3- 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9
G002: ELISABETH "LIZZIE" LEBOWSKI - "You've been a great audience." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7
[+] Pregame Shenanigans
Lucas Brady - Facebook!Lucas - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6
Elisabeth "Lizzie" Lebowski - "My parents told me to make a good signature, so I signed a note promising I would do it later." - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Super Llama†

Post by Super Llama† »

{{continued from Getting Prom Dates Over The Internet For Fun And Profit}}

Took long enough. Hiro's parents left early to get to the prom when it started, but that idea got a little derailed when Hiroshi realized that he forgot to fill up the tank and they were forced to make a pit stop at the nearest gas station. Shiori took a moment to berate her husband as they gassed the car up, while Hiro sat in the car, utterly embarrassed. Finally, the situation was resolved, and the four finally made it to Aurora, and Hiro stepped out of the car, with Carlos following after.

"Okay, you two have fun. Remember, if you need any kind of help, you just call, okay?" Hiro's mother said, to which she merely nodded as she made her way towards the front door. Taking a look back before she stepped through the door, she noticed the car was still there, and had a feeling that her dad would have to be talked out of not just parking the car there for the rest of the evening.

As she made her way inside and into the prom hall, she remembered that she was wearing a dress in the middle of a room with...well, not full of people yet, but still quite a few. She immediately froze up, feeling imaginary, judgmental eyes staring at her. Maybe she should've wore a jacket after all, regardless of how silly she would've looked. A prom dress just wasn't suited to a tiny stick girl like her.

"Uh...why don't we just...go over here...for now..." She mumbled, gravitating over towards a nearby wall. Noticing a nearby table, she also noticed one of her classmates in English class, Sophie, at the table as well.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Super Llama.
laZardo†

Post by laZardo† »

((Carlos Lazaro also continued from Getting Prom Dates Over The Internet For Fun and Profit))

If Carlos Lazaro could find any solace for the situation he found himself close to impeccably dressed for, it was the fact that the feeling was mutual with his prom "date."

It was bad enough that Carlos' hopes that his prom date would lead to the first, best and probably last gay sex he would ever have were dashed upon the rocks of fate upon finding that his prom date was actually a female. It was certainly bad enough that he could barely relax even with the extended travel time from their impromptu stop at a gas station.

No, what made this particularly bad was that now he was in a room that would soon be filled with all the people he had personally judged with his silver-tipped-and-sharpened tongue. And it was not a situation similar to the cafeteria every day. This was one of the defining moments of his lifetime. The kind where what happened here could not simply be "lived down." The kind where he suddenly forgot all his half-hearted plans to be executed in case they played "his song" or if someone dumped a bucket of pig's blood on him and everything in between.

The kind where an escape to the nearby bus stop would not bode well for inter-family relations whether or not (and more likely the latter) things actually did turn out well between him and Hiro Fukuyama, which would also not bode well for his hopefully short list of things that may come back to bite him after he fled to Seattle Central.

The kind where - if things turned out the way he was increasingly expecting - waking up naked and hurting in all the wrong places in an International District alleyway wouldn't seem so bad.

"Yeah...I'll follow you." Carlos said almost reflexively, as Hiro decided to gravitate toward the nearest wall. The more he stayed out of people's way here, the better. If anyone caught him near her, well, what was one more violent disassociation among the rest?

At least it couldn't have been anyone like oh god sophie's at the table and she's looking at both of us.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler laZardo. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
umop-ap!sdn†

Post by umop-ap!sdn† »

Cassidy sipped the juice, being extra careful to keep off of her clothes. Sophie cheered them on from the side, and Cassidy felt her cheeks redden. Looking away from Matt for a distraction, she saw more prom goers on their way over.

She smiled at the arrival of two more approached the table. Not being particularly close with either, a smile would be enough of a greeting. She added a wave to avoid seeming icy. Still feeling awkward, she slid her chair out and slipped down into it. She felt her legs relax from their adventure on heels. Her legs wrapped around each other and swung beneath her to rest on her toes. Feeling like a little leader of this group, maybe everybody else would sit.

In her head, she'd pictured herself being around friends from cheer or gym. This groups certainly wasn't them, but it was nice people for the most part. She'd heard people compain about how the filipino boy had a temper and a toungue like a whip, but nobody bringing Hiro to prom could be all bad. She shrugged and tried to supress any prejudice. Time for another distraction.

She looked around, hoping for something exciting to happen. Maybe the DJ would say something, or maybe studet council would welcome people. She would have anything to draw attention away from her rosiness.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler umop-ap!sdn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Aura

Post by Aura »

Matt took a drink of his punch after clinking glasses with Cassidy.  As he lowered his cup from his face, he noticed everyone starting to move.  Dave was acting sort of odd and went off to the bathroom for whatever reason, and Cassidy and Sophie went to sit down.  Matt thought about sitting down as well.  He had been standing around for a while, and his feet could use a break.

Y'know, prom's a lot calmer than I thought it would be.  I was afraid that it would be some kind of wild, school-sanctioned party, but it's pretty tame.

Matt went to take another drink from his cup, but nothing happened.  He looked in his cup and discovered that in he had downed it all in his first sip.  Sheepishly, he grabbed the ladle from the punch bowl and refilled his cup.

Note to self:  Take smaller sips.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Dave excused himself to go to the bathroom. Sophie was curious about what he meant by "all those drinks", since he hadn't had any punch and presumably went to the bathroom at the restaurant.

Eh, it's probably nothing. I'll just hang with Matt and Cassidy until then.

That's when she noticed two other students near their table. She had Creative Writing class with Hiro Fukuyama and had gone over some of her stories with her. Hiro was a shy girl, so it was nice to see that she was actually at Prom. Her date, on the other hand, was someone Sophie wasn't that familiar with. She heard Carlos Lazaro had a temper, but she didn't know a whole lot about him. Still, they looked nice, so she might as well be familiar.

"Hey Hiro, Carlos," she said to the two. "How are you guys doing? Come join us, tell us how you're doing tonight."

Sophie smiled. This was a good night to be chummy with those around her. For all she knew, Hiro and Carlos were pretty fascinating people and she might gain some new friends from this event.
umop-ap!sdn†

Post by umop-ap!sdn† »

Things were moving slow, and Cassidy's desire to dive head first into prom action was welling up inside her. She turned around to survery the room, looking for things to do.

A photographer had set up at the entrance, they must have missed him on the way in. Quickly pulling out her phone to check her hair in the reflection.

Good.

She slid her phone back into her clutch, hoping nobody had seen the moment of vanity.

"Hey Matt, wanna get a pic?"

She nodded a "be right back" glance at Sophie, and grabbed Matt's huge hand.

(Cassidy Kant continued elsewhere)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler umop-ap!sdn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Aura

Post by Aura »

((Sorry to cut in line, but Matt has somewhere he needs to go.))

Matt placed the ladle back into the punch bowl and looked at his cup.  He slowly brought it up to his mouth and tilted it back, enough to get a taste, but not so much as to guzzle the whole thing in one gulp again.

Okay, I think I actually tasted it this time.

"Hey Matt, wanna get a pic?"

Matt looked up from the cup he had been oh so carefully handling to see Cassidy coming toward him.  There was someone snapping pictures of the promgoers, and Cassidy wanted to get a shot of the two of them together.

"Okay."

Matt set his cup of punch down on the table and followed Cassidy to the picture-taker, hand in hand.

((Matt Masters continued elsewhere...))
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

((Yeah, I'm skipping too))

Sophie munched on a cookie as she enjoyed her place at the table. Cassidy got up because she wanted to get a picture taken with Matt.

"Oh! That sound really nice," she said.

Matt got up as well, and soon, he and Cassidy were off to get their pictures taken, leaving Sophie alone at the table.

Hey, perhaps Dave and I should get some pictures taken. Come to think of it, where is he?

Sophie looked around the hall. She couldn't see him anywhere.

Hm, must be still in the bathroom. I should check on him.

Sophie got up from the table and made her way over to the men's restroom.

((Sophie McDowell continued in Mary Jane's Sanctum))

Return to “Prom”