Rolodex of Hate

(Open)

Sitting at right-angles to the hunting cabin and facing each other the two staff dormitories are practically identical, the key difference being that A block was populated with the remaining doctors while B block was filled with dock and maintenance workers. A block itself is a very simple hallway with bedrooms all coming off a main corridor and a shared kitchen in the middle of every group of five. The rooms themselves are relatively plain with an en-suite toilet and shower. The occupants of A block took everything of value with them when they left but some rooms still have books in them or toiletry containers. Some rooms even have discarded clothes their occupants clearly deciding they didn't want them anymore.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Noah waited quietly until Sandra left the room. He wanted to make a crack about how dangerous this was as if they were in a horror movie. But unfortunately, real life was scarier than a horror movie, and they were in one of the worst in the annals of human history. He just made a silent prayer that Sandra would immediately come back unharmed. He wasn't ready for things to go to shit quite yet.

Blair then voiced her concerns about the southern tip and finding people. She asked if that was what they really wanted. Noah rubbed the back of his head.

"Well, I don't know what you mean," Noah said. "Like, wouldn't you like to find the people you love the most before this falls apart? I know we're supposed to be suspicious of our friends and distrust everyone we even so much as breathed the same asbestos-ridden air with back in Cochise High, but I'm not ready to do that. It's too soon to treat everyone like some weird hybrid of Adolf Hitler, Charles Manson, and Chris Brown.

"Besides, we can always-"

Noah was interrupted by a knocking at the window. He quickly looked over and saw Sandra there. She gave them a thumbs up, then walked away. Noah slightly squinted at the sight of Sandra walking away.

"What the fuck..." he softly muttered.
Espi

Post by Espi »

Hrmm, Noah had a point, but there was stuff bothering her still.

"Yeah, I guess. But, you know, those people in the video were supposed to be friends, and that kid murdered the other one. I know they could be lying, but..." Blair bit her lip. She didn't want to believe her friends would shoot her in the back, literally at that. But if it was her or them, there was the chance they'd pick them.

Hell, wouldn't she choose herself?

It was an unpleasant thought. She didn't want to die, sure. She hated to say it, but some of her classmates probably deserved to go home more than others, and if she wasn't at the top, she was at least higher than some of them. The CF was bad, sure, but she still deserved to live, right?

...Fuck that. That was psycho talk. Nobody here deserved to be murdered. That was just deplorable. She didn't deserve to die, but she could not possibly justify murdering someone out of some kind of fucked-up superiority complex right? Right.

Blair sighed and shook her head, looking down at the ground. "You're probably right, I guess. This early most people aren't going to be wanting to kill us. We just need to avoid the ones that might, and they should be pretty obvious. I mean, we're not killers, right?" She cracked a grin.
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Sandra began to walk around again. Sandra began think again. And her thoughts, as they inevitably do, turned to what-ifs. Not what-ifs of situations on the island, of course, but what-ifs of things back at home.

What if she'd not gone on the trip? Well, she'd be safe at home, of course. She'd be with her family, and they wouldn't have to worry about her safety. Having her classmates gone would be terrible of course, and she'd probably be devastated to hear of their fates, but she'd be safe.

Here? There was no safety here. There was only ruin. Sandra thought. If she'd missed the trip, she'd be back at home. But she didn't miss the trip, and so she was here.

Home. The thought struck her, then. She wanted to go home, and that meant surviving, and that meant killing. At least once.

Sandra wanted to go home... but did she want it enough that she'd be willing to do... that?

She realized, at this point, that her thoughts were basically were going in circles. She needed to decide, right now, where she was going to cut that circle.

Sandra stopped, looking up. She made her way back inside the building, and stopped at the doorway of the room.

"Sorry about that, I'm back," she said.

She still hadn't decided.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Noah broke his gaze from Blair when she mentioned the video. It had been off his mind, but that was something they had watched back in the briefing. Friends turning against friends, blood being shed, betrayal and distrust being sowed. All of that all while reeling from their teacher being murdered in front of them. Noah tried to push it back out of his mind again. There would be a time to mourn and let the horror of the situation sit on his mind. That would be back home, if he got back home, with a prescription for Xanax and a therapist he saw regularly.

Blair said she didn't want to think like that, and Noah nodded to her comment about them not being killers.

"Yeah, we're not killers," Noah said. "At the very least, I don't want to be the killer they want me to be. I'm not one for being what people expect, and it's so far worked out wonderfully for me."

Sandra then returned. Noah grinned as she arrived at the door.

"Hey, welcome back," he said.

Noah looked at the map again.

"So, should we move out? Where should we go?"
Espi

Post by Espi »

Blair nodded cautiously. Noah seemed confident that people wouldn't be out for blood just yet. Blair was...less optimistic. She hadn't exactly followed the streams like some people (god, what sickos they had to be), but she knew that people killed every day like clockwork. Lots of people, at that. It wasn't a huge percentage of people who killed, but it was statistically significant. It'd happen again.

Still, best to keep herself positive. Giving in to despair was hardly a good strategy. "Yeah, I guess. I don't want to kill someone either." She didn't, really, but it was hard to keep from wondering; what if she had no choice? What if something forced her? Self defense, sure, but...

What if she liked it?

A stupid thought. She had basically killed Jennifer. And she was not happy about that. The thought made her nauseous again, so she leaned against the wall.

Sandra returned, and Noah wanted a direction. "I know one thing, I'm not going back to that bridge." Blair shrugged. "Otherwise, I could care less."
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

Noah asked where they should go, and Sandra shrugged. She was hoping that they could, at the very least, follow her original plan of circling around the island. It was something, at least. Better than nothing.

Blair said she wasn't going back to the bridge.

"Then, let's head south," Sandra suggested.

They could head south together, and Sandra would let them enact their plan of holing up or whatever it was. To be honest, Sandra had kind of lost the gist of Noah's plan somewhere in her walk around the building.

They could do that. Sandra wasn't going to join them. She needed to move around, she realized. She couldn't stay in one place for too long. So once they reached the southern tip of the island, Sandra was going to head right back up.

She always thought better when she was moving about, anyway.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Noah nodded in response to what the girls said. Away from the bridge and walking south sounded like ideas he found worth pursuing. He was at least glad both girls could get along with his idea. Anything could happen here, and he wanted some comfort in knowing there were those who were on the same page as him.

"Okay, let's start walking," he said.

Noah slung his bag over his shoulder and picked up the slinger. He opened the door and stepped into the hallway.

"I'll stay in front since I'm probably the most intimidating person here. And I'm not just talking about my looks, I'm talking about my good friend...uh..."

Noah looked down at the sawblade slinger. He realized that it was getting to be a mouthful to say "sawblade slinger," and "slinger" on its own sounded too silly after a while. He needed a name for it, for his own sake. More importantly, he wanted something kinda funny, because it'd be a shame if he didn't come up with something amazing for this tool. Fortunately, a pun and a person came to mind.

"...Sawlaska Thunderfuck 5000."

Yeah, that'll work.

"Yeah. Sawlaska and I will be the front line of defense. I got this."

With that, Noah walked down the hall and towards the exit of the staff dorms. This wasn't going to be the easiest time, but if he found two really good allies and if his weapon would be useful, then maybe things wouldn't be so bad.

((Noah Whitley continued in Why Y'all Gagging?))
Espi

Post by Espi »

Blair nodded as the two settled on the southernmost part of the island as their destination. She followed the two out the building, feeling a little bit better than when she'd entered.

Sure the traumatic witnessing of a suicide (which she might've accidentally caused but don't think about that) was only going to get worse as more people she cared about and/or knew died. But hey, she had two people to help keep her safe while she figured things out. Things might actually turn out...well, not okay, but hopefully not a hellish nightmare of screaming and gnashing of teeth or whatever.

Wait, what did Noah just say?

Oh lord.

((Blair Moore continued in Why Y'all Gagging?))
CondorTalon

Post by CondorTalon »

"Yeah," Sandra replied, as the headed out.

They'd head to the southern tip of the island, then...

Sandra didn't know what then.

She caught the tail end of Noah's name for his weapon. She sighed, then shook her head.

"What the actual fuck, Noah," she said with a chuckle.

((Sandra Dyer continued in Why Y'all Gagging?))

Return to “The Staff Dormitories A Block”