And feel the blackbird's sudden tug.

Oneshot

The most easily recognizable of the three buildings that make up the housing block and also the only pre-existing building. The hunting cabin is just that, a hunting cabin that has been converted to act as accommodation to the staff of the asylum. Originally built a decade after the original house was to give the owners a place to stay on hunting trips to save on travel back and forth because of this much of the decor is very old-fashioned. Three of the four rooms on the top floor were already bedrooms and one room on the ground floor was converted to give a total of four. Aside from that the wooden construction of the cabin has held up very well and the interior design is still intact. A large open plan living room and kitchen contains a large fire place and a tiger skin rug on the floor, in the middle of the room is a wide staircase that leads up to the second floor which itself overlooks the living area. Despite being a hunting cabin there's a lack of trophies on the wall, this is most likely due to the island being unable to sustain a population of big game.
Malloon

And feel the blackbird's sudden tug.

Post by Malloon »

(Benjamin Lichter continues from Song For A Warrior)

Ben sneaked past the side of a wooden building. He had moved slowly since leaving the dormitories and was trying to keep out of sight. So far, it seemed to have worked. He had seen no one and no one had seen him. He hoped.

He stopped to survey his surroundings. The building was older than the other ones, and grander for it. It was a... what was the word? Lodge? Yeah, lodge. Old and made of wood, where inside the dashing huntsman stood.

"Really? You're quoting "Nymph of the Cherry Tree"? ", said the voice. Ben pretended to ignore it.

He pressed his back against the wooden wall and looked around him. The ground beneath him ran horizontal for quite some way, then started sloping down and vanished below the horizon. There was an old path that lead down it. That was probably the place to go next. Ben was about to turn and suggest exactly that to Maxim, whom he hoped had been following him, when he heard shouting, coming from the slopes. Instinctively, he tensed, all his senses pointing at where he had heard the shout. His breathing stopped.

Time crept by at a snail's pace. Ben sidestepped along the wall, trying not to make a sound. He never took his eyes off the slopes.

Which is why he saw her immediately. It was Kimiko Kao. He didn't know if she saw him. All he knew was that he was going to make good on his promise, and he ran.

He ran for his life.

(Benjamin Lichter continues in You and me and the devil make three.)
V6 Character:
Benjamin "Squirrel" Lichter [ ~ / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / + / > ] - You'll find him in the clouds.
V7 Characters:
Chloe Bruges [ - ] - You'll find her doing math.
Joseph "Joey" Quintero - You'll find him writing speaches.
Keith Rogers - You'll find him out with his gang.
[+] In the unlikely event you want to use my characters...
Putting this here, so people know, if it ever becomes relevant (unlikely, but still): If you want to use my characters for anything non-profit, you may, without contacting me even (though it would be nice regardless). All I want is a small mention that gives me credit for first concieving of them. If you want to use my characters for something for-profit, if it's just a cameo or similar, you also may, under the same terms; if it's a more substantial role, I don't want to chain myself to any statement - then contact me.

Return to “The Hunting Cabin”