With Blood and Rage of Crimson Red, Ripped From A Corpse So Freshly Dead

The shoreline by the docks is made up of various sizes of shingle rocks that need to be traversed over before sand can be reached. Large tide pools and rocky outcrops are also visible, with the waves crashing around them. The rock formations add to the danger of the area, as the swell they help cause makes venturing out into the water a perilous prospect.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Ty was ready to walk, whether anyone was coming with him or not. Just as he was about to march off, though, she got his attention again. His hand went up to clasp his lantern ring as he turned around with a curious look on her face. Why was she asking about that? Did she know Bee? "Nah," he started slowly, "Hers is...I got her that violet one, that was her favorite..." He choked up a little as he spoke. Was. Not is. Not anymore. His hand drifted from the ring to the his left breast, resting over their tattoo under his shirt. The goofy part of him always had this idea that when he proposed to her, he'd sneak her ring off for a day or so before and do it with that. Of course he'd save up and get her a real ring, he wasn't that stupid, but something about surprising her with it again...it just felt right.

"You know her?" It was getting harder to talk now. He could remember it all so vividly. The way she'd scooted up against him, that shy sweetness as she explained what'd he'd done for her, a few soft words. Guess the emotion time. Their first kiss. The first time she'd told him she loved him. All wrapped up in that little plastic ring that he could only imagine was with her somewhere. She'd given it all back to him when she surprised him with the one around his neck too. It wasn't just that she loved him. She believed in him, even when she had to talk him down. She'd made him believe too, filled him up with this hope that he could be a better man and they might actually pull off something great together.

Love and hope. That's what they'd always meant for each other.

He wasn't even gonna be able to see her body, was he?

That was it. That was his breaking point. For the first time since he'd woken up in this goddamn nightmare, Ty started to cry.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

'Yeah, I knew her,' Coleen wanted to reply straight away. She wanted to say it straight out, at least. It was on the edge of her rolled tongue when Ty's inflection soaked through and she read the conversation for what it was. The thick tension and aggression hanging in the air over their heads had not boiled and burned her; instead, it had condensed into a cloud. Now? Now it was beginning to rain.

To see somebody like Ty weep, Coleen thought, did wonders to show the game they supposedly played for what it really was: a terrible, maniacal thing that could break and warp the most steeled of souls. The kicker, of course, was that nobody here should have been a hardened badass. She, Tyler, Keith and everybody else here was just a kid who should be worrying about what they're going to be doing for graduation. Or at least in the case of the juniors, what classes they're going to take, who's going to be cool. Stupid stuff. Now, the strong wept, the kindhearted and gentle were killing their friends, and all these kids so full of life and vigor were either half-dying or fully dead.

Once again, Coleen held it in just as she had done for Eliza's sake. It would do no favors to Ty if she crumbled as well.

"Yeah. We spent some time together," she finally managed to say after giving him a healthy amount of time to vent the first flow of emotion. "She was still the same person she always was, even here. When I was having a really hard time, she helped keep me on my feet." The words were paced and deliberate, as if she practiced them. In remembering what little closure finding a lost loved one had offered, she continued on.

"If you go up to the cliffs on the northwest point of the island, you'll find her. If you want to go see her." She shouldn't have been moved, she was sure. Ty seemed set on doing his own thing before and if he wanted revenge that badly, she wouldn't stop her. If he wanted to do this instead... it only seemed like the right thing to do to give him that option.

She didn't bother telling him that the AK used to belong to Bernadette. That was really besides the point and didn't help matters any.

"I should go now," Coleen uttered. "See you later?" Stupid, but there was no better way to end the conversation. Did they really want to see each other when it meant they might have to kill each other? Did they want to hear each other's names on the announcements? How futile would it have been to say something like 'stay safe', knowing it was an impossibility? Coleen chewed on the inside of her cheek, frustrated that there was no good way to break it off. All she could do now was wait for Ty.
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

((Skipping to leave thread with permission))

Ty didn't have any reason to think she was fooling him. It all sounded so much like Bee. Always looking out for everybody else no matter what she was dealing with, even here. He'd have given anything to be by her side for these last few days. Instead he was off feeling like shit and chasing his demons. It wasn't the first time he'd thought about it, but it was the first time he had an out other than letting the rage push him on or letting the sadness swallow him up. She'd give him a location.

She'd given him hope.

The tears kept coming as he tried to swallow the lump in his throat. They were bittersweet now though. Just a minute ago he was fit to collapse again, but he'd caught on to forward momentum for something other than blind hate. He had no clue what he was gonna do when he found her, but...he was gonna do something. Even if it was just talk to her for a little bit. God did he need that.

After what she'd just given him, it didn't seem like there was an easy way to tell her he didn't even know her name. He wanted to thank her somehow, or that he'd never thought he'd see her again. Ty was never good at that sorta thing. Instead he gave her a nod. Smiled just a little bit before he swallowed again. "Thank you," he said quietly. "I mean that. Here's hopin' to see you around." With that, he started to walk away. His gaze drifted backward to Keith. "I know where I'm headed. You can come along if you want."

They were on the move again. Only for the first time since he'd woke up, he had a clear purpose and destination. His eyes weren't half-shut with fatigue or darting around to jump at every shadow. It didn't feel like his body was about to fall apart either from the ache or from the anger or both. He walked with the confidence that he was going to do one goddamn thing right in this place before his ticket got punched. Even if it killed him.

((Ty Yazzie Continued In Accept Our Ring and Join Our Fight))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Keith just kept back from the conversation. There wasn't anything he could add to it. He hadn't known Ty's girlfriend really, or had seen her on the island.

But it turned out they were going to be on the move again.

"Alright," he told Ty.

He realized he hadn't really said anything to the girl.

"Uh, good luck," he told her before following after Ty.

(Keith Bauer continued in Topic Title)
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

"Alright..."

Coleen waited for Ty to finish walking away and for Keith to follow. Only then did she let her arms finally relax. Her right hand loosely held the AK-47 with such little care that the barrel scraped up against the sand slightly; her left hand had let it go entirely. Being alone again was as much of a relief as it was a hollow pain leaving her with nothing. But she had nothing left a long time ago.

No. She supposed that wasn't true.

But before she thought any more about it, Coleen stopped herself. She didn't want the next morning's sun and the accompanying announcements to take that away from her as it had taken everything else. As it would continue to take. And, while she didn't allow herself to make any noise, tears rolled down each cheek, finally having been set free now that nobody was there to see them.

Finally.

((Coleen Reagan, continued in Cast in the Name of God))

Return to “Shoreline”