We Have a Hulk. Your Argument is Invalid.

Open to all

Located directly across from the Food Court, the Regal Del Mar Theater offers sixteen screens of the latest releases. Popular with locals for their plush seats, $1 loyalty cup refills, and Concession of the Day specials, The Del Mar has been the preferred theater for the last three years running.
Laurels

We Have a Hulk. Your Argument is Invalid.

Post by Laurels »

((Claire Monaghan continued from Cicada Nights.))

Okay, you know this one. Uh............oh! Marion Cotillard! That's the person who won an Oscar then starred in a film with one of the actresses she defeated in 2007. Man, good thing Inception isn't an easy film to forget.

Claire stared at the screen in front of her. It would be a while before they began playing trailers, so she had to stare at the screen as it showed ads for Coca-Cola and asked the viewer to unscramble the name of a film that came out only a month earlier. Soon, Claire would be getting her first look at the Summer blockbusters, starting with the film everyone was expecting to shake the record books.

Okay Jess, that $120 will be mine soon. Muwahahaha.

Claire wasn't able to go see The Avengers for its midnight premiere. No matter how much she told her mom that she wouldn't fall asleep while driving, or that there couldn't possibly be something going on in school on Friday, she could not go to the midnight premiere. That's why Claire decided to check it out the evening after it premiered. She could sleep in on Saturday and she could still respect her curfew. Win-win.

At the very least, Claire was able to go in a costume. Claire thought long and hard about going to the film in an outfit fitting for the film. There wasn't a lot of time to prepare, nor was there a lot of money to put into it. Ultimately, Claire decided to go as the one character she knew she could go as on a small budget: Pepper Potts. All it took was one of her mother's old pantsuits and a red wig Emma used in a performance piece, and she was indistinguishable from Gwyneth Paltrow. Add a bit of jewelry and carry a replica arc reactor she could wear as a necklace, and she was a convincing Pepper.

For now, all Claire could do was just sit in the theater, munching on her large popcorn and taking sips from her large Coke.

Okay, let's see if this actually fulfills the hype. I know people are waiting for my review, and I got to truly get an idea on if this blows or not.

Claire pulled out her phone and opened the web browser. The pre-trailer ads might suck, but she at least figured she could go online and spend some time distracted on something. That's when she paused.

Shit, where can I go? Facebook, Tumblr, 4Chan, practically everything might have spoilers for the film. God, is this what it will be like when The Dark Knight Rises and the Korra season finale come around? Fuck. Well, better chain myself to a radiator when those come around.

Claire put her phone away and slouched in her seat, starring at the ad for Dasani water on the screen.

Well, I guess this is the time to not pay attention to anything.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Hours later, the lights came on in the theater. By that time, Claire was spread out over the seats in the theater, having lifted the nearby armrests up and stretched her body across the empty seats. Her empty popcorn bag was on the floor, with her empty soda cup sitting in it as well. As the credits scrolled across the screen, Claire composed herself and began to walk out.

Okay, important points of the film. Okay, Ruffalo was good. Hiddleston was interesting, although Loki was generically evil. Uh, let's see what else. Ugh, better read a bit before I publish the review.

Claire tossed her empty concessions in the nearest trashcan and left the theater. She needed to form her opinion on the film and put it online. To her, this was her duty as a film goer.

Well, I'll probably fall in with the majority. Not that bad though. Now to see if Dark Knight Rises can do better.

((Claire Monaghan continued in Adapting The Orchid Thief))

Return to “Movie Theater”