Heart Of A Devil

A sprawling shopping mall which covers both an indoor and outdoor setting. The mall was abandoned in haste, and most of the stores were left wide open with merchandise still on the racks. Unfortunately, anything worthwhile has since been removed from the structure. A large clocktower sits in the center of the complex, slowly counting away the hours until the students' doom.
Mitsuko2†

Heart Of A Devil

Post by Mitsuko2† »

The doors of the Island's only Mall were pushed open. Once more, It would house one of the Only remaining contestants of the second Survival Of The Fittest. A petite blond slowly walked in with the slightest of limps. She walked on until she spotted an open store. She went straight in. She set her Rifle and daypack down and knelt down on her good leg. The wound was bad. She'd have to disinfect it quickly. The arm wound was no better. That too had to be cleaned and wrapped.

Mariavel unzipped the daypack and pulled out one of the four first aid kits she carried with her. She also pulled out one of the water bottles, in order to wash the wounds. She unbuttoned her jeans and pushed them down over her hips. She gingerly pulled the cloth from the gash in her leg. Now that she actually saw it, it was a big cut. She opened one of the Kits and pulled out gauze wrap.  She poured water over the wound first, cleaning it. She opened the gauze, and began to wrap it tightly around the gash. She secured it with some tape, and pulled her jeans back up.

Next she slipped Seth's jacket from her shoulders. She pulled the sleeve up on her tee-shirt and scrutinized the wound. It wasn't too deep, but it would be a hindrance. She grabbed a piece of cloth from the kit, and then began to tie it around the wound. It was difficult with only one hand. She bit down on the handle of the Tanto as she pulled the cloth into a tight knot around the wound

She repacked the kit and gulped down the remainder of the bottle of water. She sighed and looked around. It was so quiet. She silently wondered how many kids were left. She felt a pain in her heart again. Why was she having this feeling? She'd only felt it once before. That was when Grant had died, so why was she feeling it now?

Because you killed so many people.

Was that really why? Because she had killed... and killed... and not stopped killing. She never even thought to stop and ask herself if it was worth all those lives just to return to the horror that was home. It truly wasn't. She felt a single tear flow down her right cheek. She was feeling remorse... guilt... depression. She killed nine people. Nine. SO many died because she faked herself into believing it was worth it. Faked herself into believing she'd be welcomed back home. Into believing she belonged.

"I'm so sorry... all of you..." She whispered.

Suddenly the loudspeakers blared to life. Danya once again signaled the start of a new day. She listened inventively to the announcements. Ali Grayston was Killed. Strange, she felt guilty for that too. Seth... Seth had been killed by Bryan... she felt a few tears fall and another pain in her heart when she heard that. The other Dibenidetti girl had also died. She'd killed her sister in the beginning of the game. And Sera Wingfield was murdered by Gail Smith of all people. She'd have never thought Gail would be able to kill. She was so frail.

Danya then announced that it was down to ten. Ten people were left. Bryan and Tori were alive. As were the two she met in the Hotel. And the large Finnish boy as well. She'd have no choice now. She had to continue killing, if only for a little longer. She had no choice.

"Even if I don't want to... It must be done... Wait for me... Lavvy, Grant... I'm coming soon." She smiled darkly and stood. She pulled Seth's jacket back on and began to leave the Mall. It had become a danger zone after all. Plus, she had lives to end... even if she had to keep faking herself into believing it was the only way.

"I'll see you on the other side... just wait for me."

((CONTINUED - Elsewhere))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Mitsuko2. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “The Mall”