Everything exists to End

nick constantine; one-shot

Here is where all threads set in the past belong. This is the place to post your characters' memories, good or bad, major or insignificant. Handlers may have one active memory thread at the same time as their normal active present-day thread. Memory one-shots are always acceptable.
RXK†

Everything exists to End

Post by RXK† »

"I built the darkroom in your old study because I didn't need a super large amount of space- just enough for the enlarger and safelight if I'm doing black and white pictures. Plus, the room isn't windowed, and I can't do with much light for this."

"So whenever you are developing pictures, they all have a little piece of me. It's close enough! I can't pass down my accent and I can't pass down my boxing to you, so this will have to do, eh?"

Nick did his best to force a smile for his dad. Sotiris was visiting and had the great luck to make his appearance several days after the younger Constantine finished building his darkroom. Nick would've loved nothing more to spend all day upstairs processing rolls of film without having to pay or go elsewhere; instead he was taking his father on a guided tour of his home.

"Yeah, dad. All my stuff, my photographs, they're being made in your old room." And he wasn't sure why, maybe to further placate his father, he lied: "Ansel Adams got started this way."

"That's good, that's good." His father clapped him on the back. He didn't know or care who Ansel Adams was, Nick figured. "Maybe you can come down sometime and even take a couple pictures of the fights, sometime? Golden gloves local championships, winner gets into state. I've got two students at middleweight and bantamweight fighting. Should be really good-"

"I'll keep it in mind, dad. Really."

"I know you are always into the MMA- in Greece we laugh at that. But son- you're always talking about making things last. Make some memories for me. When you and I are old, memories are all we have left."

Nick paused, shaking his head. "I'll try, dad. Honestly. If I can get free from the school newspaper for a weekend, I'll go." Dad, you never really did care about making memories last. Though he supposed it was a start for Sotiris to start caring abou-

"Gamoto!"

Nick snapped out of his introspection in time to see his father bump into the darkroom projector, knocking it to the ground. He watched, dismayed, as the projector's arm snapped.

"Oh, jesus," Sotiris gasped. "I am so sorry. I can fix that. I know a guy in Portland, he can get a new one just like that, I just need like a week to get the mone-"

"Don't worry about it, dad. I can repair it."

Under his breath, he added: "I can make it last this time."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler RXK. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Memories (The Past)”