Little Talks

A Seattle Elementary School - Open Thread

Here is where all threads set in the past belong. This is the place to post your characters' memories, good or bad, major or insignificant. Handlers may have one active memory thread at the same time as their normal active present-day thread. Memory one-shots are always acceptable.
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

How adorable. Kyran was embarrassed, and trying to explain his reasoning. Claire tried to hold back her laughing. She didn't want to seem like a jerk for laughing at Kyran's embarrassment. She still

It was then that Kyran suggested calling Ruth "R.J."

"Oooh!" Claire suddenly spoke up. "That's a cool nickname! It's like T.J. from Recess or T.K from Digimon! Man, I wish I had a cool nickname. Claire is a pretty name, but I don't have a name people can call me. All I get are sugary cute names like 'Sweetie' and 'Honey'."

"Do you guys have any cool nicknames? I bet you got a few Kyran. I can see some people calling you Kyr. I know you go by Ruth at times, but do you have any nicknames?"

Claire was very interested in what they had to say. She had a limited amount of time before Mrs. Au forced her and Kyran to go back to Mrs. Jaenichen's class and send Ruth home, so she might as well get as much as she could from them.
Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

" Um...sure, you can call me R.J."

Ruth never thought about shortning his name to R.J., but he could see himself being called that. He didn't even know that Ruth was a girl's name. Claire then asked if Ruth and Kyran had any other nicknames. He wasn't about to tell anybody his family nickname, which was "Baby Ruth". He felt that it was embarrassing and he couldn't even imagine the teasing he would get if anybody found out. So the only way anyone would find out is if they went inside his house.

"No, I don't have any other nicknames."

"Now I just hope nobody ever finds out."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un-Persona. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Cake

Post by Cake »

Kyran smiled when the chat began to change from his earlier mistake to something else about nicknames. He was happy that Ruth accepted the R.J. nickname. It was like his own personal name for the boy, because yeah, "Ruth" was kind of a weird name for a boy and he felt more comfortable calling him R.J., because it sounded like a boy name and would keep him from thinking of Ruth as a girl.

"Cool... R.J."

He grinned at the other boy as Claire popped into the chat to ask about nicknames too.

"Naw not really. People call me Kyran. Sometimes they call me Dean, because it's easier to say, but that's about it."

He thought about what he could call Claire, for a nickname, but couldn't think of a single one except maybe The Bruiser or CM... something, but those sounded more fitting for a pro-wrestler than a grade school girl. Before he could think of a single name, Mrs. Au came back with two notes in her hand. She smiled and handed one excuse note to Kyran after checking his bruise.

"Thank you," he said timidly before turning back to Ruth. He thought about what else he could say to the sick boy when Kyran remembered seeing Ruth's baseball themed clothing. "Maybe we can play ball when you get better."

Kyran waited at the door for Claire.

"Later R.J."

[[Kyran Dean Continued to: The Locker Room. A place of blood, mud, sweat and hijinks.]]
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Awesome!" Claire said when Ruth accepted the name "R.J."

Both Ruth and Kyran mentioned that they didn't have any other nicknames. Claire was somewhat cool with that. She felt "Kyran" and "R.J." were easy names to call the guys.

Mrs. Au finally returned with the slips to send Kyran and Claire back to Mrs. Jaenichen's class.

"Oh, well, I guess we'll see you around R.J. I hope you feel better. I can't wait to see how good you are at baseball."

She walked close to Kyran as they made their way back to class. This was a pretty nice day, all in all.

((Claire Monaghan continued elsewhere))
Un-Persona†

Post by Un-Persona† »

Ruth would probably have to get to use to being called R.J, but he would cope. However, Kyran and Claire seemed attached to the name, and adopted it rather quickly. They mentioned baseball, wanting to play & watch, and that put a little smile on Ruth's face. He waved as the two children the nurse's office left to go back to class.

"Bye Guys."

Even thought he was sick, Ruth felt a little bit better about himself. He made two new friends and they wanted to play baseball! So despite everything, it felt like good tidings were coming. Also, the likelihood of them even hearing his "real" nickname was minimum...

Right?

((Rutherford "R.J." Roger Jr. Continued In If you ain't gettin' drunk, get the fu-))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Un-Persona. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.

Return to “Memories (The Past)”