All Down Hill From Here

The northern side of the island gives way to a sparkling blue ocean and a never-ending strip of white sands. Make sure not to get too caught up in the spectacular view, lest it be the last thing you ever see.
Lexi†

Post by Lexi† »

The lunge had worked better than expected and Shameeca's attack of cold metal on Lennys flesh was rewarded with a satisifying hit. If she hadn't been so emotionally tormented, then she would of noticed that something was off with the whole encounter and that the boy didn't seem to be fighting back. Still the black girl didn't care, striking him in the chest, the body and finally the ribs, trying to hear a crack if she smashed something. Trying with all her might to inflict some damage to Lenny, Shameeca failed to realise that he hadn't attacked back until it was too late. It was a funny world. If she had just run away and left James to Lenny's intentions, maybe everyone would of lasted longer. Heath, James, Bobby, Elizabeth.... and finally Shameeca herself.

The two short bangs at first didn't register as her body was penetrated by the two hot pieces of lead, the bullets shooting right through. The first one entered through her ribs, narrowly missing the heart and lungs, harmlessly shooting out through the other side. Alone, it wouldn't of killed her, the bleeding out after several hours of agony would of ended her. Still, with some quick patching up, maybe Shameeca could of lasted till infection set in and killed her. The second bullet however, was a lot more lethal to the girl. Hitting through the stomach, it tore her insides apart like a small child with a box of tissues, ripping the major organs in its upwardly diagonal pathway of shreds. For an instant, Shameeca stood still as the words Lenny said echoed in her ears.

Say hey to Bobby for me

For several seconds after the bullets had hit her, the teenager didn't move, only one short breath, almost of shock coming in, her entire body registering the wound, unable to move. Reaching her free hand up to her stomach, she looked down to see the sticky red warm liquid all over her light chocolate skin, her short ragged fingernails almost looking like they had been dipped in some new polish. Her eyes slowly drew up to Lenny from her hand, all the time realising that this was the end. No do overs, no heroes coming to save her on a white horse, no gand to back her up and nothing at all left. The wounds pains rushed in suddenly, more painful than she would have expected. Tears rolled from her eyes as she stared into Lennys face, making sure that he heard her.

"I... won't have...to... you will... see... him soon any...ways. And .... Lizzie too. See.. you in... hell, Lenny"

Her breath came out in a few ragged gasps and her knees started to buckle, the world growing darker as the pain slowly flowed away to be replaced by a cold feeling of nothing. With her last breath, instead of breathing out, Shameeca did what she had wanted to do to Lenny since he had first found her. Not very ladylike or polite, but deserved. She spat, a long gobule of saliva leaving her mouth as soon as she finished speaking, swiftly followed by her body falling in on itself, knees crumpling under her as the girl fell to the floor. Shameeca never felt the ground hit, the small ring on the chain around her neck bouncing up in front of her. A gift from her father, her first dad. If she had time for a last thought, it may of been one to god, her parents, her friends, maybe even cursing Danya or Lenny. But there was no last thoughts, no final moments before it all ended.

After eleven long days, the deaths of a few friends and the boy that she had never got to tell how she felt, killing a boy and even nearly finding a way of escape, Shameeca Mitchell died. Another life lost to the game.

G55. SHAMEECA MITCHELL - DECEASED
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Lexi. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

Shameeca made the hit.

And another. Why Lenny allowed it, and did nothing?

Third hit. Wherever it hit, it had to be the bone. The cracking sound was really awful...

Two gunshots. Not the same as before. Lenny's gun. He took 3 hits on himself, and shot her just like that. Without any feelings. Like a robot. Like a... upgraded version of Jordan.

With each kill, it was easier to do another. Because he did it... so he can do it again. It was even justified. Self defense right? First, second, now third time. Pulling the trigger every another time was easier than before. And so, if that will continue... he will end like Lenny. He will kill someone, without any feelings, emotions, even instincts. Just an empty shell created to kill people.

And here came the worst: even after this realization, Jordan knew, he had to continue walking this path. Because the only another way... Was to give up. Let Lenny change him into bloody pulp. And if not Lenny, there are still other killers like, Rizzolo or Machina. Did he really wanted to give up, and die? No... Not an option. He didn't survive here for 11 days just to... Die. It would be meaningless. And the 3 other deaths would be meaningless as well. They all died, so he could live on. It was definitely not an option. He had to fight for his life... Kill to save his life... again... and again, if it will be necessary.

Shamee's body thumped on the ground. Jordan stood up, his fist clenched. The pain and weakness were getting away.

And so he stood before Lenny. Not face to face, Lenny didn't even had time to turn around after shooting the girl.

"I'm ready for round two, Lenny. And this time nothing will distract me from beating you, you monster..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny watched expressionlessly as Shameeca died. Maybe he should have found out more about what she was saying about the collars. Not that it mattered. There was no escape from this hell. The only way off this island was by death. Speaking of death...

"I'm ready for round two, Lenny. And this time nothing will distract me from beating you, you monster..."

Lenny turned around and looked at the boy. Placing his handgun back in his jeans in the back he nodded and said, "Very well. Too bad you won't live to find out about those collars."

Lenny was still feeling the pain from the wrench. He would bruise from that for sure, and it felt like she cracked something. Though he wasn't bleeding or immobile, which was all that mattered right now. Though Lenny was weaker from day 1 on the island, a lack of sleep, food, and wounds would do that to a person. He had to keep pushing though. He had to keep fighting.

Lenny made the first move, running forward and throwing his right arm out in a jab. While he acted on pure instinct, and let his hatred and anger fuel him, if he was a fighter he would know his mistakes. The way he threw his punch and positioned his body left his whole side wide open.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

"I don't care about those collars, Lenny. Let's just do it"

That wasn't exactly the truth. Of course, Jordan cared about collars. If there is some kind of REAL chance to get away from the island, he would take it immediately. And somehow, Jordan knew, Shameeca wasn't lying. Seconds before important fight (and eventually, death), you don't mess with other people heads. She sounded dead serious, so there was pretty good chance, she WAS serious.

But, there was also Lenny. Apart from the fist fight, they had also a fight of characters, the fight of spirits. Jordan couldn't really show Lenny, that he cared, or that he is pissed. That would give Lenny an advantage, it would have encouraged him. And Jordan certainly didn't want that to happen.

The fight was on again. When Lenny was going to attack him with his right fist, Jordan was already prepared for block.

All right. No distractions now, so do the same deal. Block and counterattack.

No...

Excuse me?

I said no... I have enough of defending myself. This time, I'll be on offense. This time he will have to adapt to MY rules of the game

Fine... I guess you don't want to survive anymore... I'll stay silent for the rest of the battle, because obviously you don't need my advices...

As it turned out, additional help was really unnecessary, because Lenny himself was giving him obvious hints, what to do next. For example: Powerful jab, he performed, left his side completely open. Jordan would be stupid, if he wouldn't take the chance.

Jordan used all his might to block Lenny's fist with his left hand, and not take any step backward. Fortunately, the adrenaline was easing the pain, so he didn't lose his concentration. Now with his opponent exposed, Jordan wasted no time in punching Lenny in his side, with right hand...

And that wasn't the end. No more going back to defense. If Lenny made a mistake, Jordan will launch as many hits as he can. And so, after his first strike, Jordan followed with a flurry of punches in Lenny's exposed side.

And to hell with the fact, that he was now exposed as well...
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Yossarian. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny felt the punch hit him in the side, and while it hurt, and it stung, it wasn't much alone. He was about to throw another punch at Jordan when he felt the fury come at him though. All of the punches being thrown at him hurt a lot, and stung a lot, and they were a lot. With his mind reeling, and not sure what to do, Lenny decided to try to mix things up. If he was going to get pummeled standing up by Jordan, he might as well at least makes things fun.

Lenny leaned down, taking more hits, and reached out for Jordan's legs. If he could get ahold of them he could knock Jordan to the ground. Granted, Lenny was unbalanced, and he would go down just as easily.

Though, why not continue the fight on the ground.

Lenny welcomed the darkness.

It was almost the perfect setting for a fight like this. Darkness, on the beach. Two boys just beating each other with all their might.

Beautiful.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Theseus. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

No, it wasn't beautiful. At least in Jordan's opinion.

The fight had no result so far. Either because of adrenaline, or weakened condition of both fighters, their jabs were making almost no effect what so ever. Do every fist fight look like that? Series of non-finesse punches until someone will finally feel it and fall on the ground? Jordan had no idea. He never attempted in any fist fight. He didn't have to.

He knew only one thing. This fight was taking definitely too much time. If he won't do something creative to finish fight quickly, they will be wasting time like that till the morning, until someone will finally give up. Not because of injuries, but from exhaustion.

Apparently, Lenny thought the same because instead of another punch, he grabbed Jordan's legs.

Oh God... I know where this one's comiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....

They both fell on the sand. Wet sand, so it still was more or less hard landing.

And... now what? Continue this madness, but this time on the ground? No. It was time to finish it.

Luckily for the surfer, Lenny didn't fall right on Jordan torso, so no one had an advantage of sitting on his opponent. Yet. Probably the fastest way to end this thing, was to pin Lenny down, grab his head and smack it to the ground repeatedly.

And so, with no better idea in his mind, Jordan tried to do it. Quickly. It was no time for creating some complicated tactics. It was time to act. Fast.
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny felt his head being grabbed, then felt it being slammed on the ground. Over and over, it was enough to rattle him up, and he felt the headache already beginning to form. He knew he couldn't take much more of this, before he would be knocked out or just too dizzy to fight.

The fight was a draw. Dawn was coming fast, real fast, and Lenny Priestly didn't feel like continuing this. Truth was, Jordan probably got the better of him. Lenny just threw all of his emotions out into the fight, but Jordan was able to give him quite the beating.

Kudos.

Though, it wasn't enough to kill Lenny. So he wasn't good enough in Lenny's eyes.

Lenny used the rest of his strength to attempt to throw Jordan off of him, all while saying, "Enough! We can continue fighting, or we can go our own ways. You deserve another day to live."
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

God, He's invincible, or something?

Not only did Lenny took few hits in the back of the head, without serious injuries, but also he managed to throw Jordan off him. It also looked like Lenny had enough of the fight as well.

"Enough! We can continue fighting, or we can go our own ways. You deserve another day to live."

"What?"

Jordan slowly stood up. It was difficult, he was feeling all the pain from Lenny's punches, plus he was exhausted after adrenaline rush. On the other hand, he was fueled by anger. Lenny's words were like little needles pinching him right in his most sensitive nerves.

"Excuse me, Lenny? What do you mean, by 'deserving another day to live'? OF COURSE I DO!"

Jordan was trying to calm himself down, with all his might. Few deep breaths later, he continued.

"And not only me. So did Shameeca. And Keiji. And Anna. Both Vaan and Kateridge. And all other students. They all deserved to live another day. WE ALL deserved to live another day. We weren't soldiers. We weren't bad guys. None of us deserved to die. We were just an ordinary kids, with dreams and goals for future. And now? There are no more than 30 of us alive. And that's mostly because of IDIOTS LIKE YOU!"

Jordan failed. He couldn't stay calm.

"It's all your fault. Your and all those other maniacs like Rizzolo or Blood Boy. Who do you think you are, Lenny? Some kind of judge and executor in a single person, who is giving death sentence to all people around"

Few seconds of silence.

"Who the fuck you think you are, Lenny? I bet you don't know it yourself..."
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny was lucky the fight ended when it did, he was feeling dizzy. The bashes to his head took it out of him, and Lenny then realized he would have lost the fight. He stumbled a few feet back, listening to Jordan.

The nerve of him. To actually call Lenny out. Lenny gave Jordan a chance. A chance at another day. Yet instead of taking it, he decided to argue. To complain. To tell Lenny he was the bad guy. They were all bad guys. They were all murderers. Jordan had no right to put himself above Lenny at all.

Lenny Priestly was about to speak when the announcements came on. Death, a lot of it, and the students have dwindled down. There weren't many of them left...not at all. Though the shore was a danger zone, and that meant Lenny had to leave right now. Though...

Lenny did promise Jordan days ago that the next time they met, it would end in death. Lenny even offered to let Jordan live, but the boy kept running his mouth. He didn't deserve to live. Not at all. Lenny pulled out his gun and aimed it at Jordan.

"Listen here you little punk. I offered to let you live, and you decided to keep running your mouth. I'm not feeling so nice anymore. I'm the one with the gun pointed at you. This place is a danger zone. How do you think this is going to turn out for you?"
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

"Listen here you little punk. I offered to let you live, and you decided to keep running your mouth. I'm not feeling so nice anymore. I'm the one with the gun pointed at you. This place is a danger zone. How do you think this is going to turn out for you?"

He's totally right. You screwed it up completely. You had a perfect chance to gun him down but now...

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

Who? Me?

Both of you...

Jordan was completely out of his mind. He was so much filled with anger, that he didn't even heard a word of latest Announcement. Danya was not important now. So do voice of reason. And beeping collar. And the gun. Only it's wielder, and the bullshit coming out of his mouth.

"God damn it Lenny. Enough of this. Never in my entire life, I heard anyone who would speak such a bullshit as you. Just listen to yourself! 'I offered to let you live.' 'I'm not feeling so nice anymore'. Oh, let's not forget about the 'Little Punk'. I'll ask once again, because obviously, you're avoiding the answer: WHO THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU ARE?!"

From that point, every another word was mixed with sarcasm and anger.

"Oh wait, I know. This amazing feeling, of being ultimate ruler of life and death. This feeling, that you are so fucking awesome. You must think, you're some kind of a god! Well, news flash for you: You're not! You are just a little teenager, with shit in your head, and gun in your hand. And SOMEHOW, that makes you think, you're unstoppable. I would like to remind you, that the other alive students, are also armed to the teeth, and they will not hesitate to fire at you immediately, like me. And even if you'll manage somehow to kill them all? So what, you're a psychopath! They'll lock you in the jail before you'll even manage to say 'I'm FUCKING awesome.' "

And rant was going on, and on. That was a really stupid thing. Provoking the mad guy, with a pistol in his hand. On the other hand... What was left to do? Lenny would shoot at him, no matter what Jordan would do. His chances were already below 0 percent. Not to mention the collar beeping. At least that way, he could finally throw out of himself every single frustration, hidden in his head from a long time...
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny listened to Jordan, and heard his angry words. Lenny felt the anger boil in him as well. How could he continue to rant and so these things to Lenny? How could he continue to pretend like he knew what would happen? He couldn't.

I liked you Jordan. You should have taken the extra day.

Jordan just kept on talking though. Talking and yelling, and telling Lenny who he was.

And even if you'll manage somehow to kill them all? So what, you're a psychopath! They'll lock you in the jail before you'll even manage to say 'I'm FUCKING awesome.

Lucky for Lenny he didn't plan to make it to the end. He would find someone who was good enough to kill him. He would find some student out there with the guts to turn the knife on him. Until he met that student though, Lenny would kill.

It was hard to imagine he had Jordan fought all through the night, and harder still to imagine that Lenny now had the ranting boy at gunpoint.

Lenny Priestly didn't even bother to say anything to Jordan. He had said enough, and Jordan was saying enough for the two of them. So Lenny, with the handgun aimed at Jordan, pulled the trigger twice.
Yossarian†

Post by Yossarian† »

"... So let's face it Lenny. There is no future for you. At least as long, as you will continue killing everybody in your sight. And that makes no sense. Just try to see a big picture. Yeah, you can go ahead and kill me but-"

And he did. He did fucking kill him. The gun fired twice. Jordan felt awful heat and pain in stomach and chest. He put all his might in staying on his feet. That was a futile effort however. His strength was fading away. He fell on his knees, and looked at Lenny. He pointed the finger at him and tried to speak to him one last time

"Lenny... You're just a big-"

He was interrupted again, this time by blood coming out from his mouth. The bullet hit the lung. Jordan began to cough. Really hard. Jordan felt like his entire lungs were filled with blood. And he was almost correct. Finally he collapsed on the sand. One last time, he rose his head toward Lenny. He opened his mouth... But he knew, he can't say anything anymore.

"Ghod... dhamhitt..."

His vision began to blur. Lenny was now nothing more than a stain, on a 5-years-old kid's first experiments with watercolor painting... He was also... so... sleepy...

All right. That's it. End of the line. And believe me, that's not my fault. You should shoot him, while you had a chance, but no... You just had to act like a honorable knight, yadda, yadda, yadda... How is it called? Honor Before Reason? I don't remem-

Will you just shut up? I'm trying to get some sleep here...

Yeah, sure. Sweet dreams. It was nice to meet you anyway...

And everything faded away.

-----------------------------------------

With a sound plan in his mind, he opened the door.

"Josh? I'm home finally!"

No response. The hall was empty. Except from jacket and shoes lying on the shelf near the door. Jordan didn't noticed them however. If he did, he would know, someone WAS there. Not Josh, but... Ok, you should know it already.

Oh wait! I remember it. It's the same dream as in the Jailhouse. Maybe this time I'll get the answer!

"Josh? You're here buddy?"

Jordan checked the bathroom and kitchen. Still no sign of his cousin.

"Come on! What kind of joke is this?"

As Jordan entered the living room, he quickly realized, that there was no joke. Or it was the worst joke ever made...

"Alex..."

"That's right Jordan..." The girl replied. "I asked Josh for the keys. He is in the club, preparing the welcome party for you now. I wanted to talk with you alone."

"About what?" Jordan was staring at the girl. This time, he was prepared. Instead of being nervous, he was now excited.

"You know... Most of our friends decided not to watch the program. They were too scared for this. Probably only me and Josh decided to watch it carefully. We were watching your every recorded move. When the cameras went off for a few days, we were afraid, that you will be dead, once they will turn them on again."

"Alex, I..."

"Please, let me finish. And after all that happened. That girl... Julia... and the other things. I couldn't believe, that you managed to get out alive..."

"Alex, let's not talk about this right now, I want to forget about it for a while..."

"No Jordan. It's important. As I was watching all of it, Everything inside me had changed. I decided, that if you'll survive the Act..."

Yes, Yes... Go ahead...

She sighed.

"Ok, I'll go straight to the point... Jordan... I have something very important to say to you..."

Come on! Tell it already. God please, no interruption now!

"If you'll survive the Act, I... will kill you myself."

What?

"What?"

Second later, Jordan was staring at the barrel of nothing else, than Colt Python, which he used to kill Mark and Renee.

"I was watching you all the time. I was watching, as you were changing in the monster. The monster like you don't have a right to live..."

"Alex, what are you talking about? I'm not a monster"

"Stop lying to yourself. You are a monster, and you know it. You killed three people!"

"There were trying to kill me! What I was supposed to do? Lay down and die?"

"That's not the point. You killed, and after the first kill, you didn't even feel any regret about it. You're a coldblooded killer! A monster"

"Alex! Listen to me. It's true, that every another kill makes you feel less about it, but that doesn't mean, I wanted it. In fact, I never wanted anyo-"

BANG

Jordan felt awful heat and pain in his chest. Second time already. But this was different. And to be more precisely, that was the difference between Beretta, and powerful Colt.

"Not again... dammit..."

He collapsed on the ground. Again... But this time... For good.

MALE STUDENT NO. 62 - JORDAN REDFIELD - DECEASED

15 STUDENTS REMAIN
Theseus†

Post by Theseus† »

Lenny watched as Jordan went to the ground and smiled. He had to move fast. His collar was beeping, and Lenny didn't want this all to end just because he was slow on his feet. He hurried over to Jordan's bag and went through the contents, quickly transferring anything useful to his own bag. Then he saw the Colt. Lenny smiled and made sure it had ammo. He walked over to Jordan's body and aimed the Colt at him.

Bang

"Gotta to be sure ya know?"

Lenny gathered up his things, and started to head back into the jungle.

He looked back one last time at the two bodies, Shameeca and Jordan, laying in the sand. Wastes of human life. They couldn't compete. Lenny was still alive, still competing.

"I'm sure I'll see you two in hell soon enough."

With that, Lenny walked into the jungle, hungry for more blood.

((Lenny Priestly continued in Walkin' in Circles))

Return to “Northern Coast”