Where Idols Once Stood

Start of B78

You can see the ocean from here. The cliffs aren't terribly high, but it might be a mighty painful fall down them. They wouldn't make a very good hiding place, seeing how they're out in the open, but it'd definitely make a good vantage point, especially if you were lying in wait for someone to pass along the shoreline below.
Ares

Where Idols Once Stood

Post by Ares »

((OOC: This thread is private))

Ryan had been wandering around the island now for two days. Avoiding the dangerzones and keeping an ear on the announcements. So far the one person he was most concerned with had not been announced. Then again, he could not be super sure since he'd been asleep for the first 2 days at least.

Ryan scaled a nearby escalation and sat on the edge allowing his feet to dangle over the edge. It was quite breathtaking to take in the view from, from, where ever the hell they'd dropped the students. He reached back to his backpack of things he'd brought with on the trip, that the SoTF people had let him keep. One of which had been his sketchbook along with his charcoal pencil kit. He began to sketch the skyline and ocean in silence, taking in the rare moment of tranquility on the island.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
dinah_shore†

Post by dinah_shore† »

((G51 Start))

Becky had awoken earlier that day to the sound of her collar beeping. She'd paniced, and sprinted as fast as she could over the cool sand. After her collar became silent again, Becky stopped to catch her breath. It was then she realized something awful.

Her duffle bag. She'd left it in the dangerzone. Her fucking duffle bag, and her GUN.

Becky had let out a shriek of frustration and anger. She would have to wait until the shore was cleared before she could take her bag back.

Up until now, she'd been wandering around, looking for anything and anyone that could help her. She'd had to step over a few corpses during her stay on the island, and it wasn't getting easier for her. She would see their faces every time she tried to sleep. They showed her no mercy.

The view from the cliffs was beautiful, but it was lost on the troubled girl. If only...

And there he was, drawing. It was like God had heard her prayers, which surprised Becky because she had stopped praying after the end of the first day. She didn't know how to feel about God anymore, she supposed it didn't matter. Becky broke out into a run.

"Ryan!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler dinah_shore. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

'Ryan!'

Ryan was in a state of disbelief. He placed his sketchbook and pencil down, and bolted straight to Becky, lifting her into his arms and kissing her. The one person that he couldn't find, had managed to find him.

"Becks, my God. Its really you? I'm not starting to hallucinate and just kissed a tree did I?" Ryan said with a grin.
dinah_shore†

Post by dinah_shore† »

"Oh my God. Shut up. Kiss me more."

Becky was bursting with emotion. For the first time in days, she was not thinking about survival. About bodies and the people who put them there. She wasn't even thinking about her weapon, lying in the middle of a dangerzone a few miles away; or her bloody and infected toes from walking barefoot after her sandals broke off. It was just Ryan, and being in his arms again. She was safe.

"I love you so much."

She buried her face into his shoulder. She was trying hard not to cry, but it was a losing battle. It wasn't long before she was weeping freely onto his shirt.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler dinah_shore. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"I love you too babe." Rayn whispered to her as he held her close to him.

The moment they were having was interrupted by a returning Mr. Danya's voice over the PA system. After the announcements were made, Ryan held Becky even closer.

"God damn it Becky, what are we supposed to do," Ryan said in an exasperated tone, tears welling up in his own eyes,"There's no way out. You heard that Danya guy. He'll start killing more of us himself if people keep trying to escape."

There was a brief pause before Ryan spoke again.

"Look, I know I'm not up for killing anybody at all here, but did you get a weapon we could use in self-defense if the need should arise?"
dinah_shore†

Post by dinah_shore† »

Oh, shit. My gun.

"About that..."

Becky wasn't sure what she could say without sounding like an complete idiot.

Fuck it.

"I had to run out of a dangerzone yesterday and um, my pack didn't exactly make it out with me."

Reddening, Becky went on. "It had a gun- a musket, actually. The problem is...I left it on the North shore, where those kids are collecting their prizes."

Fighting the urge to cry, she mustered every last shred of her optimism.

"...You never know, it might still be there."

If only it sounded believable. Becky wasn't about to be beaten, even by herself.

"Come on, we might be able to get it still...if we're careful!"

And lucky.

((continued in Ratio Decidendi))
Ares

Post by Ares »

Becky caught Ryan off-guard with how quickly she moved out of the area.

"Becks! Wait up!"

Ryan took off after her, hoping she knew what she was doing.

((Ryan continued inRatio Decidendi))

Return to “Sea Cliffs”