Up is Down

Open!

Being a coastal town, a long strip of beach occupies Highland Beach's western shoreline. Lifeguard towers are set up at various locations to keep the oceans safe for all to swim in. The terrain varies by location, ranging from miles and miles of flat sand to jagged rock formations. There's a boardwalk along parts of the beach with many tourist shops. After all, how else would they rake in the cash?
Buko

Up is Down

Post by Buko »

((Continued from Sweet for Some and Painful for Others))

"It gets tough sometimes, y'know I mean now that things have changed with me, I dunno things are going extremely well at the moment. Even if I am suspended from school, people want to talk to me, girls want to be with me, guys want to fight me -in a good way, which is surprising considering how small I am-, things can't be better! Yet I just don't know why I'm so conflicted over recent events," Blood Boy paused as the bum passed the forty ounce bottle of liquor over to him, slipping the bottle under his mask and gulping it down he felt a burning sensation as it went down his throat.

"Sounds like you're just looking for a reason to have problems.", the bum said with a small smile as he lit up a cigarette and noted how much he found himself enjoying having conversations with the masked boy, he was a noble kid and had good conversation to boot. The fact that the kid almost always paid for the liquor also helped the whole situation.

"I'm not one for self-pity problems though, everybody's got them.", Blood Boy said handing the bottle over to the homeless man who simply shook his head and smile lightly.

"No matter if you can't remember your name, no matter what mask you put on, and no matter what happened in your life you can't escape one thing Blood Boy; you're just like everybody else.", the smile seemed to remain even when the bottle went to the man's lips and he sipped down the liquor like it was water, "This Renee girl, pretty famous right? A few seconds and all that fame is gone and instead replaced by your own fame, the consequence? You feel bad for her. Fame without consequence is easily forgettable Blood Boy."

Blood Boy looked downward at the man who laughed out loud.

"Man, that damned mask gives you an upside down frown that never smiles back," Blood Boy could only chuckle lightly as he got up and lifted up his mask at the hobo, "And you also have a face only a mother could love, speaking of love, how're things going with Lauren?"

Putting the mask down Blood Boy visibly sighed.

"Stagnant, I haven't talked to her since the principal took me out of music class and regrettably she wasn't the one who opened the locker door," he smiled -though it wasn't visible-, "Maybe then I would've gone with the attempted nude wrestling match a bit more willingly."

The bum smiled before toasting Blood Boy and Blood Boy walked away (though not after leaving a twenty by where the bum was sitting), walking along the beach Blood Boy couldn't help but marvel at how nice the water looked and for a moment he considered taking off his jeans, jacket, and t-shirt and just jump into it. He'd never been one to swim, but maybe it was time to consider doing so, looking at the night sky and the absence of a life guard...in case a shark wanted to challenge him to a fight. he decided against it as he continued just walking lightly an dragging a stick in the sand.

((Continued in Beauty, Beast and Boxer))
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'

Return to “The Beach (V3 Pregame)”