Stew's 22 Normal and 1 Mystery Flavor Ice Cream Parlor

bitter sweet flavour

Want to roleplay in a location that hasn't been created? Within this forum, your character can go anywhere within the city that he or she needs to go. Feel free to add in your own locations, and have fun with it!
baby_g†

Stew's 22 Normal and 1 Mystery Flavor Ice Cream Parlor

Post by baby_g† »

((OCC: continued from bowling alley))

"Cinnamon huh?" Said Courtney as she exited the side of the truck and followed Steve towards the ice cream parlor. She had to admit that she'd never been to this place before. It was pretty snazzy and almost 'old schoolish' as the two looked at the board for the ice cream flavours.

"Think you'll get the surprise one this time?" She giggled looked down at feet and back up at the choices. "I think I'll get the chocolate."

Looking around in the comfortable atmosphere, Courtney felt more comfortable than she had since she moved here. It was the first mellow moment she's thanks to her bossy cousin dictating their schedule for the day and then ditching her somewhere as soon as Kara fond something or someone more fun that is.

"Wait, didn't I see you at the bonfire?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

(Continued from Bowling thread)

"Nah, the cookie dough one is my favourite." Steve said in response to Courtney asking if he'd get the mystery one.

After Courtney ordered the chocolate, Steve order his choc. chip cookie dough and payed Stew. Stew was always there, and always friendly.

"Actually, I think I do remember seeing you. I don't think we were introduced though on account of Kara flying off to make Gabe jealous."

Steve led them over to his favourite booth in the corner. One of the circular ones. Steve took a few spoonfuls of his ice cream (always ordered it in a cup instead of on a cone) before he opened his mouth again.

"I hope I'm not being to forward, but do you mind if I ask if you have a boyfriend?"

Yep, that was definitely to forward.
Stuff. Things. Stuff and things.
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Courtney, very surprised by the question, quickly gobbled down the spoonful of ice cream in her mouth before answering. The ice cream was extra cold going down all at once and she had to hit the table a time or two before the brain freeze went away and she could utter a "No."

"I don't know. I had a boyfriend.. we were serious till I moved here. Even before that I wanted to break up with him, and I guess the excuse of leaving France just helped me make my reason sold enough. I didn't really have the guts to before... I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I just didn't feel anything for the guy anymore. You know what I mean?"

She didn't want to read to much into his question, him having a girlfriend and all. It sucked because although he was cute, nice, funny, giving her a lift home, buying her ice cream and talking to her on the same level she knew that this was a once ever situation and after her bowl of chocolate was gone the next time she saw Steve, Serenity would be all over him and she'd have to pretend like nothing happened.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler baby_g. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Ares

Post by Ares »

With the question, "You know what I mean" came even more conflicting thoughts for Steve.

If I answer honestly, which is the right thing to do, it would be awkward as hell. She's related to my girlfriend's best friend after all, but she is really an awesome person. I didn't feel this excited to meet someone when Nigel got me and Serenity talking.

Steve gave his head a quick shake and answered,

"You know, I actually do know what you mean. You're the first person I've talked to about this, but I'm losing it with Serenity. Its too much, having everyone want to see the star quarterback and co-head cheerleader dating. Like shes a nice girl, but I don't feel anything for her. Hell, she even annoys me a lot. Its like I'm some sort of prize she parades around. I seriously do want to break up with her, but I have no idea how. Gabe will take shit from Kara over it and I don't want that on him. Serenity will probably attempt to kill me, no joke, and the school will pronounce biggest dick in the universe because they all see her as an angel. I'm sorry to throw that all on you, its just frustrating."
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Courtney let Steve' answer sink in as she looked at him. It was such a nice quiet moment between them her hand almost wanted to reach across the table and touch his. What was she getting herself into? Maybe she was over reacting and she wasn't getting herself into anything at all. She didn't want to be one of those girls that just threw themselves at someone, seeing at that wasn't really like her. She was traditional in her thoughts and believed that the guy should make the first move. Seeing as Steve was just being a respectable guy, polite and giving her a ride home she couldn't count that as making a move.

"Sucks doesn't it?"

Yes it does.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Yeah, it really does."

Steve looked up at Courtney, once again being entranced by her eyes. He smiled quickly before continuing in one his ice cream.

"So what are your plans for our prom? Got your dress picked out and all that?"
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

"No, not really. Kara said it's bad luck to go to prom without a date, so there's no point in getting a dress."

You're sounding desperate...

"Uh... what about you? um.. no I suppose you wouldn't be wearing a dress huh?"

Courtney was not getting nervous and she knew it was showing. Her ice cream was gone and still she continued to scrape the bottom of the syrofoam' cup. She tried taking her mind off it by kicking her feet back and forth and hitting the table legs.

"Sorry." She said, realizing that she was hitting his foot.

Another moment pause.

"So, what are you going to do about Serenity?"
Ares

Post by Ares »

Steve chuckled at her dress comment, and just shrugged the foot contact off. When she asked about Serenity Steve ran his fingers through his hair trying to think.

"I really don't know. Well, I do know that I don't want to continue with her, but I don't know how I can break up with her. Its just like I said, I'm scared of what she'll do."

There was a moment's pause before Steve continued.

"You know, I think you should come to the prom. Hang out with me and Gabe and the guys. Save me a dance or two for sure," Steve said with a smile, "You may not have thought it, but I'm actually a damn fine dancer."
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

Courtney laughed as she gathered her things and stood up to throw the garbage in the trash can.

"Thank again Steve." She said waiting for him to get up from the table. "I think the guys want you back at the bowling alley... and I don't want people to be mad at me for hogging your time."

It was certianly a turn of events that too place. It was ammusing how her one bad feeling could be completely turned around just by someone taking the time to talk to her. Every part of Courtney wanted to hold his hand and make the evening complete but that wasn't likely to happen.

Everything is so much easier in France.

It was the first time since moving to Kara's that Courtney was really starting to feel homesick. Not for the people or her parents or even the building. She was missing the feel of France and the smell on a rainy yet warm morning. The pebbles she'd step on while dipping her feet into the ocean.

It was just before she left that military from Canada came over and set up a whole statue for the Deppé beach in honour of fallen solders.

I miss home.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"Ah, they won't be mad. They've got plenty of people in there now."

It was true, plenty of people were showing up. It wasn't like he would missed terribly. The beach wasn't to far away, and with the sun setting, might be nice to show her how nice the beach could be.

"If you don't have anywhere you need to be, I was wondering if you'd like a stroll on the beach? I mean, Kara's house is right there at the beach, its still pretty warm out, and you can tell me if the sunset is the same as the beaches in France."

(continued elsewhere)
baby_g†

Post by baby_g† »

It was true about the weather being warm out and it wasn't like Courtney really had anything else to do. Courtney loved the beach and though it was starting to feel like it actually was a date. she'd continue to remind herself to behave. She always found it hard to make new friends, if Serenity found out she'd kick her off the team and she wouldn't have anymore friends.

"Yea, sure."

She followed Steve out the doors and back to his truck. The light rain from before had stopped and the air was thick. Walking by the water would probably clear it all up and be pretty refreshing from the days practice. Walking along with Steve, in Courtney's head, was the cherry on top.

Return to “The City of Highland Beach”