Real Housewives of Mafia: Game Thread

Want to play the forum game of intrigue and deception? Find it here.
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

fuck. it's exodia. fuck. is this clown town? it better be, because i obviously need to go to clown school, and i don't have a clown car or a clown licence, but thankfully clown town has public transportation at the very reasonable cost of one pun per ride, and i have a joke book right here

oh

that's contraband

goodbye. clown jail.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

i am writing a short novel at this moment because i'm incapable of fucking summarizing my thoughts i guess. pls stay tuned

also boogie are you. are you okay
"Well, Fenris, the King of Gossip. We meet again."
[+] v7
the dead:
Image[B040] Dante Valerio - Fell asleep too early.
[V7] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: None Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G014] Apollonia "Nia" Karahalios - T-R-I-E-D.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: None Trip: [Start]
Image[B004] Axel Fontaine - Lost his place.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start] Trip: [Start]
Image[G041] Ivy Langley - Together forever.
[V7] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
ImageArtem Fyodorov - Desperate.
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Pregame] Then: [Start] Now: [Start] Prom: [Start]
ImageZen Alicea Feliciano - On vacation!
[Meanwhile] [x]
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

dmboogie wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:37 am man we've only got nine pages of thread and like three of those were full of flavor shitposts, i don't have much to work with here, esp. without being able to isolate posts by particular people
You actually can still do this.
[+] This is how
Click here:
Then here:
Reap rewards:
Further comments in a few as my demonstration has suggested to me some stuff went down.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

i was gonna do a proper Read List yesterday but then i took a four-hour nap instead and forgot what i wanted to say. also i agree with boogie that doing reads whilst not being able to look at users individually by post is a pain in the ass. i just reread the whole thread but i probably missed obvious things because my attention span is really bad and ten pages isnt a Lot by mafia standards but it still feels like a lot.

starting with some observations. this turned out to be very long and a lot of it is just kind of a summary of all the important things that have happened in the last 10 pages. i apologize profusely for my inability to stop talking, ive been scumread in previous games for useless contributions but honestly i just like getting all of my thoughts down in writing and it always turns into a goddamn novel:
[+] day 1
the first four pages are almost entirely flavor fluff. ricky makes a crack about being the SK which no one pays attention to for reasons i've already discussed. the second person to say anything really game related is blizzard, throwing a tentative vote at kermit, thinking he might be aiming to gain votes. we know now that kermit's town so any actions against him need to be examined, But. unless i'm missing something the only game blizz has played with us was the hellscape known as umineko mafia which basically can't be counted in terms of figuring out how people play since it was basically never mafia to begin with, therefore i'm treating blizz as a complete mafia newbie, therefore i don't think she was seriously suggesting that kermit was a jester so much as she was confused as to kermit's uh. erratic style. which is just kermit being kermit. that's a null play imo, coming from a more experienced player i'd side-eye it a bit but eh

more fluff. blizz says kermit was like this in the last game too which is fair because he's a kermit. toben is the first to actually mention the SK thing re: ricky and basically dismisses it. rugga says the first thing i really find interesting which is that we should be eliminating the quietest people, which is a usual early-game strategy in mafia, but she says it through flavor, implying she'd prefer to eliminate the players who weren't using flavor. this does mesh to me w/ rugga's usual preferences and isn't exactly a scum move or anything (like i said, eliminating quiet people is usual town behavior when you lack any other leads) but it's noteworthy as it's the first time anyone really seriously points toward elimination targets (at the time of this post it would have most likely meant boogie, skraal, me, possibly blizzard)

toben agrees on eliminating quiet people, jimmy pushes for names. jimmy's the one i start being a little suspect of here. it's easy enough to see who hasn't been posting; why ask someone else for a target? it's an easy way to avoid responsibility if rugga picks someone who turns out to be town. slight scumread there. toben's agreement is a null. blizzard still sounds mostly just new to me and kermit evidently agreed. its a shame kermit didnt say more serious stuff honestly he's pretty perceptive and we know he was town. toben brings up the important points so far (ricky's joke claim, blizzard targetting kermit, kermit defending blizz) and disagrees w/ what i've said on the second one but i think we both acknowledge new players are hard to read? so fair play

jimmy parrots some things that have been said already, asks if rugga is suspicious for not providing a target and agrees to vote for skraal otherwise. this also rubs me slightly the wrong way. again, it was pretty clear who the most quiet person was at that point; rugga didn't need to point it out. nor did kermit, for that matter, but his voting made piling on skraal relatively safe. in concert w/ the last thing i'm still a bit iffy re: jimmy.

we run out of time day 1, the first vote didn't go on skraal until 9 hours before deadline and i know several people were away or asleep when the round ended, so i'm not surprised the vote didn't go through nor do i think the people who didn't vote are particularly scummy.
[+] day 2
skraal apologizes for inactivity and i'm totally sympathetic to the "i got lost in the flavor" argument because same. toben makes some fair points re: kermit. i think i agree w/ the many voices that came later that kermit was a pretty high-value target as one of the only people trying to keep the game on track as the day phase wound down, but i also agree w/ toben that it would be weird for skraal, particularly, to target kermit after what happened in the day phase. i still am not quite buying that kermit's elimination means rugga isn't mafia but i certainly don't think it means she is, either. skraal is right that assuming a 3-person mafia if the other two members agreed on kermit rugga probs wouldn't have a choice. but that's an up in the air hypothetical.

it could be that i'm already primed to see jimmy as suspect but i swear he's mostly parroting points that have already been made re: kermit being a higher value target (mentioned by ricky) + skraal being a less likely mafia member because kermit was targetted & boogie being potentially suspicious (mentioned by toben). he does bring up that kermit might have been killed to "profit out of Blizzard's new-ness" which i don't really understand. like it isn't a scummy assertion, i just don't really get what he's saying here? i do understand the second thing he brings up, the possibility that blizz is actually mafia and is avoiding suspicion by eliminating someone who vouched for her, and i agree with him that that's not particularly likely.

i agree w/ rugga that skraal's post does kinda make it sound like rugga's Definitely Mafia while also saying "not saying she's mafia BUT" which makes me itch. i think i get that he just meant to say that If She Is Mafia, This Post Means This, but the way he worded it seems very deliberately on the side of her being scum. don't like it

jimmy asks boogie for reads which is fair because he's been dead quiet to this point besides saying rugga and toben seem town-y which feels like a safe read at this point. boogie doesn't give reads right away and jimmy immediately jumps on with a vote. i don't like this either because boogie has already said at this point that he's coming in with reads, why vote for him before he posts them? i will give him credit for making the first vote, tho. he's not bandwagoning, that's something. rugga has good justification for voting for boogie imo; i've played with boogie before (with both of us as mafia even!) and she's right that that's a Thing he does. town points imo.

boogie comes in with his reads and they're... okay. i disagree with skraal that they're immediate grounds for voting for him because we really don't have much to go on and the whole not being able to isolate posts thing is a serious pain. but they're not very detailed reads. either boogie's scum or he's just really not engaged in this game. blizzard brings up some new ideas that i don't find particularly plausible (does anyone actually use breadcrumbs in sotf mafia) but at least they're new ideas. boogie's claim means not a goddamn thing to me whoops.
the novel got so long i had to spoil it. i'm so sorry. i'm gonna post actual reads of people separately whoops
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
MurderWeasel

Post by MurderWeasel »

Okay actually it was just Boogie posting a lot. I'm at the spot right now where I'm really confident in my Rugga town read. Boogie's behavior is, like, not normal Boogie fare which makes me lean more towny than scummy--that said, he's way more under pressure than he usually tends to be so I don't have a very good metric to judge based on.

I'm sorta side-eyeing a lot of other people right now for various reasons. Skraal and Blizzard definitely give me slightly weird vibes--Blizzard has dropped some terminology that has my eyebrow raised and I think is kinda taking odd angles that don't totally hold up. Skraal has come out swinging and I'm not quite sure what to make of that but it's hard to really figure after a quiet first phase.

Fenris' contributions thus far make me town read them--good analysis and general engagement in a way that doesn't feel forced or like a mask.

Ricky and Jimmy are kinda null; need to reread when more focused.

I'd sooner see Boogie lynched than nobody but (gasp, plot twist) actually don't really feel him as scum for once.
Avatar art by the lovely and inimitable Kotorikun
dmboogie

Post by dmboogie »

Fenris wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:40 am also boogie are you. are you okay
it’s week four of the semester and I am still Feeling Great About It :D

also if im going to die i at least want to leave some “quality” shitposts for you to remember me by
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

UNOVTE

I just wanna ease off the gas for a second in case we have someone who just hammers. I will talk more in a second.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

working on my reads but blizzard's terminology usage and unusual angles of attack strike me as someone who just spent several hours on the mafiascum wiki and wants to flex their Mafia Knowledge Muscles which was 100% me when i first started playing forum mafia so id be a hypocrite if i called it out
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

I'm here, I'm all for the queers, get over it.

Okay wow so I was about to say 'WE'RE ONE VOTE AWAY FROM LYNCH LET'S PUMP THE BRAKES AND DISCUSS' but I guess Iktor had the same thoughts and now we're slightly out of hammer range? So that's comfortable.

I don't really see the rationale for a Boogie vote, not yet. He's been quiet, but I've been quiet (not that I'm without my excuses, my work schedule has legitimately been insane and if it keeps up I may have to drop out of the game; I would really like for that not to happen but my time off is basically Saturday night, Sunday, Monday night, end of list). Beyond that, when pressed, he really didn't burst and give us juice under pressure. Juice like a grape. A delicious grape grown straight off the vineyard that totally wasn't just bought at the local Wawa market I promise DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT

I'll need to dedicate more time to reading Blizzard and Skraal in order to give thoughts on them. Skraal's catching my eye more than anything but not in a 'you're scum' light, more like 'hey you're actually active and if you keep it up I'll listen to what you have to say.'

Note that I didn't say 'believe', I only said 'listen.'
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Boogie's claim reads as town to me for the following reasons:

I laid a little bit of a trap in saying that it would be impossible to tell who would be town and who would be mafia with this flavor. I was hoping it would make people a little more easygoing with their role claiming because if we saw a name it would be just as likely that someone could be mafia or town because these women are largely awful people.

However, there are still a couple who are widely recognized to be good-ish and some who are irredeemably evil. Dorinda is someone I would find to be highly unlikely to be mafia. She's a gentle daffodil of a soul who sometimes does too many drugs.

Secondly, he claimed vanilla townie and thought that would sink him. I think we're probably almost all vanilla townies with maybe a cop. Kermit was a vanilla townie and so am I.
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

The reason I think we're probably mostly vanilla townies is because the game is so small.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

i've been operating under the assumption that most of us are vanilla townies re: what i said before about basic mafia setups (we probably have, like, one cop + one doctor at most, possibly only one or the other). i'm too lazy to look up flavor claims but i trust rugga's read on boogie's. it's not a sure thing since scum might have safe claims, but it's a positive point in his direction.
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

MK Kilmarnock wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:33 am Beyond that, when pressed, he really didn't burst and give us juice under pressure.
idk what more juice you can get out of someone under pressure than a role/flavor claim tbh

i had boogie as a light scumlean before what rugga says and i'm back to a null read on him now. i'm getting Mixed Messages. i'm still working on my reads list, i'll have it posted before bed
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]
Ruggahissy

Post by Ruggahissy »

Its true that they could have safe claims. The last time I was in an Brackie mafia like 50 years ago before many of you were here was the Mario Mafia where I was chain chomp and he didn't give me a safe claim. I remember having to go to the Mario wiki and trying to pick out an obscure Mario character I was fairly sure wouldn't have been assigned just in case I was asked.

However, Brackie may have changed or evolved his mafia since like 2013 when I think Mario mafia was.
Fenris

Post by Fenris »

2013 was long enough ago that legally speaking it never happened
[+] v7
the dead:
[V7] [x] [x] [x]

the living:
[Meanwhile] [x] [x] [x]
[Meanwhile] [x]

Return to “Mafia”