Santa Sangre

Open, day 5

The staff lounge is simply the games room that was already present in the building. The staff recognized that it was well-positioned near the center of the second floor, meaning they could respond quickly to any emergencies, so simply moved more chairs in and had a television installed. The room itself is rather large and one of the tidiest in the building. A set of plush armchairs and a sofa sit in a half-circle in front of the TV, with a coffee table positioned in the middle of them. Also off to one side is a small table with a wooden chess set on it (the pieces knocked over at some point in the past). An old-fashioned radio also sits on a windowsill that overlooks the front of the asylum grounds.
Riki

Post by Riki »

Another day came. Another announcement came. Fiyori woke up with one eye and one ear first. Brendan had called the girls to awaken, but it was only so much that Fiyori was willing to offer to the metal sound echoing through the room.

The names this Danya commented without any respect - not unlike Bradley would have done - meant something for Fiyori. Some more, some less. She felt sadness for all of them. Even the day prior, when she heard of Darius' demise she thought to think well of him for a moment. They weren't besties, but they could stand each other at some times. Then there were people like Jeremy and Junko, and the former killing the latter. A wave-like headache assaulted Fiyori. She grunted in pain, but only briefly and Fiyori masked it quick enough.

Fiyori had a kitchen counter conversation with her dad about this once. Dad said people would get upset about their friend's death on day two, but get used to it as things went on. As it is with all tragedy that befell the world. Fiyori didn't notice that much. In fact, she could swear every announcement made her feel more.

Though what that 'more' was that she felt was still an enigma.

Fiyori closed her eyes and went back to sleep.

Or at least she tried.

"...Brendan?" Fiyori rose to her feet, and carefully approached the boy pummeling the table in front of him. She had for a moment not understood the severity of his emotions, so all she could offer was a simple platitude. "I...I'm sorry."
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
||Selection|Clicks|Lonely|
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
O G042 Aileen Aurora Abdallah - Pair of MMA Gloves, Golf Club & Table Leg -
B059 David Zimmer - Sabre -
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

They may not have obliterated the can, but it was a peaceful day regardless. Each of them got a chance to use the gun, although they had to stop to conserve ammo. Either way, Alba was feeling better about the gun. She'd probably have better luck with it if the situation called for it. Granted, she didn't want a situation to call for it, but even she was aware things were different now. Brendan almost died today, and it could have been either of them dead by Jae's hand.

After some chatting and snacking, Alba and the team had managed to get a good night's sleep after taking some shifts watching. It wasn't until Brendan jostled her and Fiyori up to hear the announcement that the peace was broken. Alba listened carefully. Some people had managed to kill again, while some of the dangerous people had died. Alba was upset to hear that Arthur had died, at the hands of some girl named Coleen. She didn't have much time with him, but he was a decent person from what she saw.

It was one name that seemed to really affect Brendan. Alba didn't know Michael Crowe, but he must have been a close friend of Brendan's if Brendan had such a strong reaction to his passing. Alba held back as Brendan hit the table repeatedly. Alba watched her friend have his meltdown, a lump starting to form in her own throat.

"Brendan, I'm so sorry," she said.

Alba noticed the rifle nearby. She looked at it, at Brendan, and at Fiyori, before settling on Brendan.

"Are you going to be okay?" she asked. "We need to decide what we're doing today."
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan stopped himself from hearing the girls both saying that they were sorry. It felt so strange for him to be angry and upset about Michael. He had bullied him. And then he tried to kill him. Was it because all he could think of was Jonathan? Michael was gone and Brendan knew how Jonathan would react. God, he never wanted Michael to end up dead. Everyone that was dead, he never wanted them to be gone. Even some that he didn't know at all.

He let out a shaky breath and he stared down at the blood on his knuckles. He guessed that he had got out some of his anger. So why did he still feel like he needed to take it out on someone? Someone like Alex Tarquin. If he found him, Brendan had a feeling that he knew what he was going to do.

"Don't.... Don't apologize.... I just needed to let that out. I'm sorry about that, really." He gave the girls a weak smile and his gaze was on the rifle for a second. He was tempted to take it and then go out there to get make sure that Alex wouldn't hurt anyone else. "I don't think I am ever going to be okay, Alba. We.... We need to go and find Jonathan. Because Michael was his friend.... Please, Alba, we have to...."
[+] V7
ImageG006 - Violet Quinn: "T-Thank you.... Ned...."
ImageB033 - Adonis Cohen: "Thank.... T-Thank you, E-Emmett..."
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB054 - Drew Woods: "D-Declyn, I love you..."
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Riki

Post by Riki »

All of them had their dark thoughts. Fiyori knew, because all of them took a look at the rifle. All of them were thinking something sinister, and though the images were different Fiyori'd bet they all were bloody. Still, she would've loved to know what Brendan in particular was thinking.

He was upset by the news of Michael's death. Alas, Fiyori didn't think a lot about the relationship between him and Brendan. Less so in the context of the island, which shifted allegiance and morality on a day to day basis.

Brendan then said to Alba that they'd need to find Jonathan. That was interesting, but Fiyori neglected any further comment. For the moment, at least.
Gervais Frans Lambotte 🎵 Blue Jeans and Bloody Tears 🎵 Martini-Henry Rifle MkIV Pattern
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
O B014 Joachim Lovelace - Ballistic Knife, MP 18, Obsidian Knife - "It doesn't matter. They lost, he lost, I'll lose. That's the nature of the game."
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

Alba clenched her jaw as she moved closer to Brendan. It was hard to see her friend act this way, especially since he was back to the "I'm never going to be okay" spiel. She had really thought he'd be past that by now. But she could see that wouldn't be the case. If anything, he probably wouldn't be able to get the right kind of help unless he was back in Arizona.

For now, that left Alba to be there for Brendan. He needed some help and support, and she had promised him she'd be that person. Alba closed her eyes and breathed in. Then, she spoke.

"It's okay," she told Brendan, putting a hand on his shoulder. "We can go find Jonathan. We can look for him, and Candice, and Bryony, and anyone else we can think of. We're different from who we were yesterday, so I'm sure we'll be fine."

Alba looked to Fiyori. She gave the girl a smile.

"Fee, would you like to come with us?"
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan slowly felt like he was calming down and he was just glad to have Alba by his side. He didn't know what he would have done without her there. He knew that they had to find their friends and then they had to think of a plan. A new plan would be good to have. He still wanted to make Alex pay for taking Jonathan's best friend away, even if Michael had made his life a living hell. If he saw Jonathan again.... He had to be there for him like Alba was doing the same for him.

"Yeah, yeah. You're right. Thank you, Alba. Really. I mean it." He smiled at her genuinely and then he focused his eyes onto Fiyori. "It would be great to have you with us, Fiyori. It's up to you."

Fiyori will possibly be a good asset to you, Brendan. The more help, the more better.
[+] V7
ImageB045 - Emmett Bunnell: "Just.... breathe, you idiot...."(Adopted to Toxie!)
ImageB051 - Jonathan Meyers: “...that’s louder than bombs and eternity…” (Adopted from Yugikun!)
Riki

Post by Riki »

They both were probably still in the cafeteria. Georgia Lee, and Olivia. Or maybe just Georgia Lee. That was what Fiyori thought. She hadn't heard the cafeteria mentioned in the announcements, and as it wasn't designated a danger zone, GLD would have no reason to leave.

Fiyori doubted someone would make her. She was too smart for that.

On her own, though, Fiyori saw no reason to return to the Cafeteria yet. Saw no reason to meet Georgia Lee again. Yet. There still were some things she would have to do, some things she wanted to do. Stuff on the bucket list, so to say.

"Yea, sure."

[[Fiyori Senay, continued in The Wicked Die Alone]]
[+] Version 6
[+] Version 5
[+] One Day
Hycanthe Eickenhorst
Piet Lick
Cedric Matsumoto [INSPO]
Laurels

Post by Laurels »

"Okay, great," Alba said when Fiyori agreed to travel with them.

Alba walked over and grabbed the rifle and her bag. They had a new ally and new confidence with the rifle. Yesterday had been a bit of a mess with Brendan getting shot by Jae, but at least some good things had come out of it. A new friend, a better understanding with the gun, the kiss-

Alba pushed that one aside. They needed to focus on finding Jonathan and Bryony and whoever else they could think of. There would be time to think of that later, but that was not right now. Alba walked towards the door, pushing the furniture out of the way.

"Let's go."

((Alba Reyes continued in The Girl Who Owned an Island))
Primrosette

Post by Primrosette »

Brendan was happy to have Fiyori coming along with them. Three people were better than just two. Now they were ready to get moving. He couldn't stay where he was forever. He had to get out there. Even if it was risky and possibly the wrong decision to make.

He was willing to make that decision. He had to stay with Alba and Fiyori.

"Alright."

((Brendan Harte continued in The Wicked Die Alone))
[+] V7

Return to “Staff Lounge”