Last Days

Morning Day 3, Open

The staff lounge is simply the games room that was already present in the building. The staff recognized that it was well-positioned near the center of the second floor, meaning they could respond quickly to any emergencies, so simply moved more chairs in and had a television installed. The room itself is rather large and one of the tidiest in the building. A set of plush armchairs and a sofa sit in a half-circle in front of the TV, with a coffee table positioned in the middle of them. Also off to one side is a small table with a wooden chess set on it (the pieces knocked over at some point in the past). An old-fashioned radio also sits on a windowsill that overlooks the front of the asylum grounds.
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Keith coughed several times. His eyes watered. A foe search crew. It was a crazy idea. The killers were probably going to die anyway, like he had said.

He took another hit.

It was a crazy idea, but to Keith it sounded like it could be a workable idea. Not because he actually wanted to kill Nancy, not really. Sticking with these two though would be smart though. It was simple safety in numbers. He briefly wondered if killing the killers would slow down the death toll enough to give them better chances of being found and rescued. It was possible, but he hadn't kept track of how many people had been announced dead, or even how many people had been going on the field trip to start with. He was pretty good at math, but he couldn't just pull numbers out of mid-air to figure it out.

He didn't have a weapon anyway, so he doubted anyone would expect him to just jump in and start trying to kill people either. There could be something there with this plan.

"Sure, guess I could."
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

[Wanna wrap-up and segue into Day 4 when Announcements come around?  We can just continue here or new thread, whatever]

"I'm in," said Ty.

"Sure, guess I could," said Keith.

Lizzie's head was beginning to feel light, as though she'd put a pillow in between her nerves.  High, was the term.  She hadn't understood it the first couple terms, but she understood it now.  Like you were above yourself, above this meat and all its placid unpleasantness.  Like you were transcendent.

She stared up at the ceiling for a little while.  She floated in the smoke, along with these two men she didn't really know.  Yazzie, who she'd sought out because he'd lost, just like she'd lost.  And Keith, who...

Who...

She looked at Keith.

"I'm sorry," she said.  "About..."

She shrugged.

"I got cousins out there," she said.  "I should really...I should..."

Lily was out there, for one. Emma, for another.  Who else?  Who of their stupid, huge, always-fighting, always-absurd, always-wonderful family was here?  Who would be dead?  Who would she find.

"We're gonna die, right?" she said, staring back up at the ceiling.  "We're gonna...yeah."

No mad dancing vertigo, even through her high.  She didn't feel the same exhilaration.  She just felt calm.  Also, she was talking way too much.  Had been for awhile.  She was just so...so...

Like there was something in sight she could see.  Like a mountain.  Like the roof of a building spied from afar, a place she had to reach, however she could, whatever it required of her.  That feeling she'd had since she was a kid.  That you weren't really free, weren't really alive, unless you could reach that place.

"I gotta know," he said.  "Before I...I gotta."  

She lowered her head.  She smiled at each of them.

"I'm trying to say...thanks."
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

"Buncha jackasses, standing in a circle." Ty chuckled to himself. Bee dragged him to see that one some night. Another comic thing that he couldn't quite keep track of, but it was pretty fun. That scene had stuck with him, and it felt real appropriate now. Here they were, buncha strangers getting stoned and dumping their emotional baggage, running off to probably die doing god knows what, and they seemed halfway happy about it. Life was a fuckin' trip.

"No need, Liz. We all got reasons to be here." Shot her a weak smile back and took another drag. Stared at the wall for a second before letting the smoke out and scratching his chin. "Gotta ask a favor though."

How much should he say? The idea of violating Bee's privacy twisted up his stomach, but goddamn, he wanted to light a fire here and make sure they understood he wasn't just chasing her 'cuz he loved her. Bee was in real danger, more than most of 'em, and if they didn't find her...hell. He didn't wanna think about what could happen. "Bee-uh, Bernadette. Bernadette Thomas. I gotta find her." God it hurt, asking for help like this. Wasn't how he did things. "She's just...she's real sick, and if anything happened to her-" His voice cracked. He hadn't really talked about Bee the whole time he'd been here, and trying to put it to words made it much more goddamn real.

He had to find her. He had to get her out of this fucking place. There wasn't another option.
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Keith was busy staring intently at the toe of his right sneaker. He didn't remember where the large scratch in the rubber came from. It was bugging him a bit. He knew that there were bigger things to worry about, like what Lizzie and Ty were discussing, about needing to find people, but damn, he just could not remember what had happened and he couldn't stop thinking about it.

He adjusted his glasses with one hand before taking another drag.

"You're welcome," he muttered quietly in response to Lizzie. He wasn't quite sure what she was thanking him for, but that was fine, not a big deal at all.

The scratch looked kind of crooked, maybe it had hit the corner of a curb or something. The corner of his mouth twitched.

Ty sounded really emotional, but Keith was having trouble focusing on the words. Plus Keith wasn't touchy-feely like that, so he just nodded his head.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

[I'm just gonna assume we stick together at least until the next thread, so if either of you wants to start that one, feel free.]

Lizzie listened to Ty. Her eyes widened slightly. She didn't know there was anyone left he cared about. She'd assumed...

Well. That was kind of an asshole thought, wasn't it? Of course he cared. How could he not? There were people she still needed to find. Answers she still needed. Lily, at the very least. Maybe...

Hell. Maybe a lot of people.

She stood up, and dropped the spliff, and ground it out beneath her boot. She stared down it, and lifted her too-light head up to stare at him, and grinned a little, and stopped grinning, because Lettie and Tina and Rina were dead, and there was still so much they could lose.

"Okay," Lizzie said. "So let's find her."

She moved towards the door, not sure if she meant Nancy or Bernadette, not sure it mattered. She was in motion again, a Doctor with Companions, and a strange quest on the horizon. And for the first time in two days, she felt like it might all turn out okay.

Maybe that was just the weed talking. Rolled by the burned handler of her brother.

"Thanks for the weed!" she shouted to a camera in the corner of the room, and giggled, and kept walking.

(Lizzie Luz continued in Drip)
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."
Emprexx Plush

Post by Emprexx Plush »

Welp. That was that. Buzzed up, holding back tears, ready to go rip the arms off some assholes.

Sounded like an okay way to go out, really.

Ty flicked the joint, got up with a groan, and stomped out while trying not to think about how bad every inch of his body still ached. He had work to do.

((Ty Yazzie Continued Elsewhere))
[+] SotF Characters
[+] V5 Characters
ImageG056, Alda Abbate(Adopted)
It was difficult to nail down exactly when the anger started. Remembering a time when it wasn't there, coiled up and waiting to strike or alive and thrashing, was growing more and more challenging. It'd been with her for so long that it no longer felt like an intruder in her mind. It felt like a part of her.
ImageB062, Garrett Wilde
I multiplied. Then I subtracted. That's what we do now. That's how we keep the most people around.
ImageB014, Joachim Lovelace(Adopted)
Your turn.
[+] V6 Characters

ImageG037, Abby Floyd:This place was vile. Overwhelmingly, terribly vile. Character Theme: Everything's Alright-Emily Scholz
ImageB016, Ty Yazzie: You ever wonder if you still got a home to go back to? Character Theme: Warrior People-Medicine For The People
ImageIsaac Brea(Adopted from Espi): Isaac's well of fucks was bone-dry. Character Theme: The Whiskey, The Liar, The Thief-Patent Pending
ImageG011, Caedyn Miller:So...how did you wanna do this? Feeling an open casket? Or is that dumb? Nah, don't say it, that's dumb. We'll be soup by the time they send us home anyway. Character Theme: Sleep-My Chemical Romance
ImageG032, Irene Djezari(Adopted from CicadaDays): Death was not worse than Meme Hell. Character Theme: A Beautiful Lie-30 Seconds To Mars
[+] V7 Characters
ImageB066, Blaise d'Aramitz: I am not fucking dabbing on a corpse, Carl. Character Theme: The Nurse Who Loved Me-A Perfect Circle
ImageG032, Helena 'Hel" Fury: I hope my family’s waiting. The one I made out here. I hope you’ll be a part of it again. Character Theme: Fix Me-10 YearsImage
ImageB073, Jeremiah Anderson: "GO--GO--GO." Character theme: The Big Sleep-Murder By Death
ImageG066, Marco Hart: I'm not satisfied anymore. I don't think I'd want to be if I could. Character theme: Maurice's Monsters-Small Leaks Sink Ships
ImageG080, Nikki Nelson-Kelly: The fools. The morons. The aBsOlUtE cReTiNs. Character Theme: Movement-The Whip
ImageG062, Tonya Collins: The girl, the person, the thing, the shape on the screen, that wasn't her. Character Theme: Get Down-Isador
Courtography

Post by Courtography »

Oh shit. So they were actually going to try and find people right then and there. Keith unsteadily got to his feet. Usually when he smoked weed he just lied around on a couch or a beanbag chair until it wore off. But whatever it was fine. He took a few steps forward before looking back.

He had left his bag on the floor.

"Fuck."

He turned around, took the few steps back to the bag, picked it up, and then, finally, followed after the other two students.

(Keith Bauer continued in Drip)

Return to “Staff Lounge”