Just Hanging Out

The neon blue sign running vertically down the side of the brick building is enough to grab one's attention. The Varsity is a fairly well-known sports lounge, catering to teens and adults alike. A blue star stamp on your hand indicates you aren't old enough to drink alcoholic beverages, but many teens have easily found their way around that. The lounge itself is nice, with flatscreens lined up on the walls and pool tables, foosball tables, and arcade games set up around the area.
Namira

Just Hanging Out

Post by Namira »

((Rosa Fiametta continued from Don't Tell and We Won't Ask))

Rosa Fiametta looked at the blue stamp adorning her right hand and gave a sigh. This was becoming a more regular occurance as of late. Her eclectic hairstyle had made passing herself off as old enough to drink much more difficult, and although that wasn't so much of a problem in those parties where the booze was brought along, it made night outs a complete pain. Difficult to raise a night past a certain bar when no alcohol was involved.

Not that Rosa intended to get smashed coming out, far from it. This wasn't supposed to be a wild night, it was just a bit of hanging out. Rosa had been bored and had decided to ring up a friend of hers and ask if she wanted to go to the Varsity, have a few drinks, play a bit of pool and then maybe head out to the Sunset Cinema and catch a movie. Rosa had been pleased that Francisca had accepted the invitation, but no drinks would probably put a slight dampner on proceedings.

Francisca (although Rosa more often tended to call her 'Fran' or even 'Ali' due to the similarities with her sister's name) was pretty fun to hang out with, perhaps because they had a few things in common. So Rosa was all in all quite looking forward to the night ahead.

Rosa gave the blue stamp a glare and wondered if Fran would get past the doorman without the dreaded stamp... well, it was a possibility. She sighed once more, flicked a stray hair from her eyes and sat back in her chair, looking towards the entrance.

C'mon... waiting around is boring...
Sykan†

Post by Sykan† »

"Ugh."

Francisca hurried her step some more and sighed in frustration, knowing she was already late for her meeting with Rosa. "Of all the times for dad to need help fixing the bathroom door... Good thing I hadn't started to get ready yet, but still, it cost me some time. Hope Rosa hasn't been waiting for long..." She thought, as she walked into the Varsity and dismissively passed by the doorman. She had gotten used to coming here and had noticed that just walking in served as a good way to get past the entrance without the star-shaped stamp that deprived them of the fine pleasure she liked to call 'getting drunk'. "Figures. It's easier to catch someone sneaking by if they're nervous about it, I guess."

Going back to her usual pace, she ran a hand through her hair, adjusting it as a couple strands had gone off their place. Thankfully, she wasn't one to wear high heels, or getting there in a hurry would've been hell for her feet. With another sigh, she spotted Rosa and headed towards where she was, grabbing a seat next to her, smiling and forgetting her frustration at the complications in getting there.

"Rosalie!" She said, kissing the other girl on the cheek as a greeting, as was customary for her, before leaning back onto her own chair and closing her eyes for a bit, breathing smoothly and softly. "I just don't get it. I don't get tired like this when jogging..." She said, slightly annoyed at herself. For some reason, getting anywhere in the slightest bit of a hurry tired her unless she was in a workout mentality.

"So, did you have any plans for tonight?" She said, smiling at Rosa. She knew she was capable of taking things into her own hands, but always considered it a bit rude to do so without considering the others first.

Only then did Fran actually take a moment to look at Rosa. She had been changing a bit since they met, having dyed her hair and lost some weight. Sadly, she lost some weight pretty much everywhere, including in Fran's favorite spots. "Shame. She still looks pretty good, though..." She thought, then she distracted herself thinking of sweets. She was used to struggling with her urges and resisting temptation, whatever the form it was in, but sometimes... Just sometimes... Some thoughts that shouldn't be just slipped by.

"Well, as far as I'm concerned, she just might be fair game, anyways..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sykan. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

Rosa wasn't sure whether to be amused or annoyed at the way Fran swanned straight past the doorman without him giving her a second glance. That was some serious confidence, and Fran was most definitely the type to be able to pull it off. If she'd tried that... Rosa was pretty sure she would've wound up on the fast track to getting kicked straight out. Well, maybe back when she was natural... not anymore though.

As her friend approached, Rosa noticed that she looked slightly flustered. Fran had probably been in a hurry to get there, given that by Rosa's watch she was running slightly behind time on the agreed meeting. Ah well, it didn't really hurt anyone, and it wasn't as if they had anything pressing to do. After all... it was just a couple of friends hanging out. Wasn't worth getting wound up about.

"Hey Ali," Rosa said with a smile as Fran pecked her on the cheek. "You're here now, no sweat."

She gave a slight shrug when asked about plans. "Nothing concrete. Figured we could hang around here for a bit, see if there are any good games on, then maybe go catch a movie at Sunset? I'm open to ideas."

Returning her eyes back to her drink (lemonade... weak) for a second, Rosa gave Fran a sidelone glance, not wanting to make it too obvious that she was running an eye over her. Her friend was looking good, really good in fact. Rosa felt a vague and familiar sense of longing rise up for a moment before she firmly suppressed it.

No. She told herself. You don't go there with friends, Rosa. It makes things awkward, especially if they're not on your wavelength.
Sykan†

Post by Sykan† »

Fran smiled mischievously and then stood up, taking hold of Rosa's hand and leading her towards the pool tables. "Okay then, how about a round? I ain't never been good at this, but I figure it's a good way to get things started." She said, gently caressing the skin of the other girl as she slowly let go of her hand. "Let's see how it goes. Can't hurt to try, right?"

Then, it struck her. Looking at her hand after having let go of it, she noticed her friend had that freaking stamp on her. "Aww, you got stamped? Heh, doesn't matter. You get the table, I'll get the drinks?" She asked, giggling slightly. She didn't want to seem condescending or anything, so he tried to watch her wording. After all, it was unlikely Rosa would be happy about being marked as too young to drink. However, the people at the bar never really cared who was drinking, they barely glanced at their hands, sometimes asking people to remove their gloves, and it wasn't like there was a constant watch on the people already inside. All in all, as long as one person out of two or three remained un-stamped, it wasn't much of a problem.

"What'cha gonna have?" She asked, almost having taken off without thinking of what Rosa wanted. "The rum... It beckons... But I gotta bring her a drink too! Gotta hang in there for a bit..."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Sykan. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Namira

Post by Namira »

It seemed like Fran agreed with the idea of shooting some pool, although Rosa wasn't exactly expecting for her friend to just pull her up and start heading there. She kept pace easily enough, so there was no real dragging involved, but it dd strike Rosa as a slightly odd thing to do. The tables were right there, after all - it wasn't as if Rosa needed direction.

A slight thrill, a tremor ran through Rosa when Ali gently stroked her hand before letting it go - far too slowly, In Rosa's opinion, to be entirely innocent. Well that was panic stations alright. Rosa was used to people hitting on her, that was true, but not when said people happened to already be her friends. The Fiametta retrieved her hand and held it almost gingerly, like she'd been burned. She definitely needed a few moments to process what had just happened. That hadn't been her imagination, no way. It couldn't possibly have just been friendly.

"Yeah, yeah," Rosa muttered to Fran. "Not everybody thinks they'll get away with just walking right past the bouncer, Ali," Rosa looked around for a couple of seconds, quickly finding a pool table that was unoccupied. "Sure," Rosa replied in response to her friend's question, kicking herself for not thinking of that earlier. So long as they weren't too obvious, having one of them unstamped would probably be enough.

"Eh..." Rosa shrugged. "I don't care, your choice."
Sykan†

Post by Sykan† »

Fran couldn't have possibly hidden the grin on her face at that moment. However, she managed to turn it into a smile, one that seemed rather sincere, all things considered. "Acting sure helps a lot when you gotta control your own face." She thought. She had always been good at remembering her lines, and had a pretty good memory, but her first months of acting were plagued with every other acting hardship- Particularly, keeping an in-character expression. "Ridiculous things happen so often in rehearsal... No wonder one of the first things we learn after the basic excercises is how to keep a straight face when some things happen."

She gave her friend a nod and headed towards the bar, subconsciously swaying her hips slightly more than usual- She was convinced her body just wanted to flaunt itself. "Okay, so let's see... I got her thinking, I guess. No immediate rejection... But I gotta play it safe for a bit, I don't wanna frighten her. Who knows, this just might turn out to be a fun night for the both of us, in more than one way." She thought, considering the possibilities. She opted to keep it slow for the time being. She had already dropped a large hint, and being too obvious wouldn't help much. Of course, after a while, she'd either back out, considering she could still pass it off as a happy coincidence, or she'd tell Rosa exactly what she wanted. She never was one to use people, and Rosa definitely wouldn't enjoy getting played like that, so she had to draw the line somewhere. However, even if she preferred being honest at all times, it didn't mean she was an idiot. "Like those creeps that see you across the hall and profess their eternal, undying love for you when they've barely looked at you for two minutes. Moving too quick is often... Creepy." She shuddered. The two situations were fairly different, but the thought scared her nonetheless.

Once at the bar, she waited for the barman to finish giving a couple their drinks before speaking. "'Eyo, a limoncello and a ginger rum here, please." She showed her hands just in case, not wanting to delay it any longer. "Guess it fits. Italian drink for her, rum for me. As long as she doesn't find it racist, that is." She thought, but dismissed the concern. It was just a drink, there wasn't quite a reason to make a fuss over it. The barman served her drinks and she thanked him as she paid for them, giving him a wink before walking away with the drinks, towards the empty table Rosa had gotten.

"I'm back~! Do you like limoncello?"
Namira

Post by Namira »

Rosa examined Fran's expression as closely as she could without making it seem like she was eyeballing her. It seemed like Ali was just smiling, but... Rosa wasn't so sure. There was a glimmer of something more than simple friendlyness in that smile, and she couldn't quite work out what it was. First the hand holding thing, and now this...

Ugh, you're just imagining things Rosa. Don't be ridiculous. A friend happens to show an interest just as you think about them in *that* kind of way? Get fucking real. It's just wishful thinking, and it's going to get you in trouble in a minute.

Walking over to the free table, Rosa shook her head, trying to dispel such thoughts from her mind. Turning, this lasted up until her eyes alighted on Fran, walking in the other direction towards the bar. Then her brain kind've stopped working for a second as her gaze dropped directly onto her friend's hips... swaying... hips.

Rosa blinked once, very hard, then wrenched her eyes away from Fran with some effort. She blushed furiously, even though there was nobody really to see what she'd just done. She had just totally checked out Ali's ass, hadn't she? Yes, yes she had.

Fortunately, Rosa had got herself under control by the time Fran returned with their drinks, and managed to look her in the eye without blushing again.

"Works for me," she said with a grin, accepting the drink. "So, how's the dating scene been for you?" it was a probe, although hopefully not too obvious of one. Fran had had plenty of partners, and it was a topic the two girls brought up fairly regularly, so Rosa could ask the question without it seeming like she had an ulterior motive.

...Dammit, this is a bad idea, but... jeez, what if...?
Sykan†

Post by Sykan† »

"Hm?" Fran had left her drink on a small table nearby after taking a sip from it, grabbing two cue sticks and leaving one on the pool table next to Rosa when she asked her question. "Enh, same old I guess?" She said, her face turning to an expression of mild annoyance, more directed at the memories the question brought than at the question itself. "I don't know... I mean, I can snatch someone I like, that much I know. But sometimes, I feel like I want something more, y'know? It just gets weird because... Well, maybe I'd want an actual relationship that lasted for more than two days, but..." She said, taking note to avoid making her pseudo-rant too long while she chalked the tip of her cue stick, "Mind if I break?" She asked casually, breaking her previous line of thought, walking around one of the table's corners.

"But yeah. I like trying new things and new people. You know that, I know that, there's lots of people like that. But there seem to be very few people that can accept that when it comes from anyone that's not themselves... So I guess I'm ruling out a relationship for now." She concluded, with a bit of an absentminded tone, before leaning onto the table and pulling back the cue stick, noticeably arching her back, making her curves stick out more. She glanced at Rosa for a split seocnd, only to see if she had managed to get her attention, before thrusting the cue stick forward, hitting the cue ball "Why are so many things called cue something in this game?" and sending it towards the colored balls that formed a triangle near the other end of the table. Hitting slightly to the side, her throw scattered all the balls around, pocketing none.

"Unless I can somehow find someone that can actually accept that they're not the only people that can want multiple partners. Your turn, by the way." She said, taking another sip from her drink, while she thought of how to approach the situation. "Let's see how she answers to that... After all, it's what I'm after. Can't get my hopes high if she's not willing to accept that... And just a meaningless one-night-stand with Rosa... Well, while tempting, it can't end well for our friendship, that much is clear. But... What if she... No, no, no, Fran, keep your head cool for just a bit longer. First figure out if she's interested, THEN go nuts imagining things. Imagining... Fantasizing... Oh god, I'm doing it again. Chocolate, think of chocolate!" She hastened an extra sip off the drink and put it back down, doing her best to conceal her own reaction her very thoughts.

"I gotta be thankful she's not a mind-reader..."
Namira

Post by Namira »

Rosa picked up the pool cue and then put one end of it on the floor, before beginning to roll it back and forth between her hands. Listening to Fran's answer was... interesting, and even as she fiddled around with the cue, Rosa was paying close attention to what her friend was saying.

Something more... Rosa could relate. Oh she could definitely relate. Recently, every time Rosa had been with somebody it had just seemed so... superficial. Even when there had been a veneer of romance or affection, it had really just been down to physical satisfaction. Rosa couldn't exactly say she disliked that sort of fulfilment, but it left you out to dry in other ways. There was no intimacy and no genuine warmth in a quick fling, fun a way as it was to occupy the night.

"Go for it," Rosa told Fran when she asked about breaking. She never really cared about it either way in fairness. Pool was an alright distraction, but hardly something to put you on the edge of your seat. Nice way to spend some time at the bar, better when combined with drinking. Then again, that last one was probably applicable to most things...

A moment later, and Rosa was blushing again. With Ali bending right over to take her shot, Rosa's eyes dropped straight back down to waist level before she had time to think consciously about what she was doing. Although Rosa hurriedly looked away, the fact that Fran gave her a glance whilst she was still flushing didn't exactly help matters. You're such a pervert... that's twice now. Eyes off, jeez.

Then Fran spoke again, and Rosa drew the conclusion that you didn't make a statement like that without intent unless you were absolutely oblivious. Ali, Rosa knew, was not oblivious. The Fiametta stepped up to the table, still trying to process what had just been said, and lined up her shot. She took it fairly quickly but scuffed the white horribly, sending it spinning off to one side and only narrowly clipping another ball at all. If there was any doubt that Rosa was flustered, it had to be gone now.

"Yeah. Uh. Yeah, I know what you mean."
Sykan†

Post by Sykan† »

Fran grinned visibly as she saw Rosa blushing madly, not bothering much to conceal her grin. She walked a bit away to give Rosa space to take her shot, then walked up to her. "Hm... You're kinda out of it today... Somethin' on your mind, Rosalie?" She asked her, standing pretty close in front of her, a bit closer than she usually did. "Let's try this for a bit..."

"How about you, by the way?" She said, turning left and leaning over the table once more, right in front of Rosa, to take her shot as well. "Seein' someone lately? Or maybe got your eyes set on somebody?" She asked teasingly, as she took her time with her shot. "I think I've got her... If she ain't gonna make a move, I'll have to do it, but I think I'll have my fun for just a bit... Can't overdo it though, I don't think she likes being teased... But that's part of the fun!" She giggled quietly and took her shot, managing to pocket the 7 ball. "Your go."

"Come on, just that ain't enough... Show me a bit more interest... I like where this is going so far, but I don't feel like taking such a risky gamble..."
Namira

Post by Namira »

"You could say that."

Rosa opted for the easy answer both to try and sort things out in her head and because Ali was making it somewhat difficult for her to think straight. Her friend was standing awfully close. Not exactly touching distance, but most definitely enough for Rosa to be thinking about some personal space issues.

Fran was playing some sort of game here, that was a certainty. Rosa had been on the other side of this particular equation many times (and this side of it too, for that matter, though not usually in such an under-the-table fashion), and knew that everything Fran was doing had to be deliberate. As her friend leaned over again, the tightness of her jeans leaving little to the imagination, the question of the flirtation went from 'was she or wasn't she?' to 'why is she?'

Urgh, it doesn't make any sense. We've been friends for ages, why just start making a move all of a sudden? What Fran said before... does she think I fit the bill for, well... casual but not too casual?

Rosa hesitated for a moment as Ali continued lining up her shot, trying to decide what to do. If her friend had some kind of feelings for her... what was there to lose?

"I've not been with anyone for a little while," Rosa told Fran, paused for a split second, then took the plunge. "Somebody's been on my mind recently though..." Rosa walked over to the table again, bent over it, and clinically slotted in one of her pool balls. Straightening up, Rosa looked over her shoulder, back at Fran. "They're quite close to home."

Hint.
Sykan†

Post by Sykan† »

Bingo.

Fran left her cue on the pool table, walking back to the small table to get her drink, and downed what was left of it. "Discomfort seems to be gone, and I've kept on advancing. By now, she knows what's going on, she's not stupid. Not with these things, at least. So, if she knows what's going on, and she doesn't seem so awkward anymore... Then that means it's safe to go." She left the glass back on the table and approached her friend, a seductive look in her eyes.

"Huh. Fancy that, me too. C'mon, Rose, we've been friends for a long time, now, you can cut the crap and tell me who it is." She said, a sly grin on her face, inching closer and closer to Rosa, to the point where their bodies were almost touching each other. "That's closer than before...

"Maybe tell me without words...?"

One subtle whisper, and she was closer than ever, their faces almost together. Her head was slightly tilted sideways, as it always was when she was about to kiss someone, and her lips were less than a centimeter away from Rosa's. "Heh. I shouldn't try doing lines like that when I've had anything to drink. I barely had one drink and I can't even tell how corny that was, or even if it was... But does it matter?" She thought, in the seemingly eternal wait between her approach and Rosa's reaction. "This is it... If she wants me, she'll move forward and kiss me. If not... She'll hesitate, or back off. It's all or nothing at this point..."
Namira

Post by Namira »

Oh shit, here she comes.

Although it was something that she'd been expecting, Rosa felt surprisingly... vulnerable to see Fran advancing purposefully closer to her. It was almost predatory. In fact, no, it was exactly predatory. There was a gleam in Ali's eyes and a smile on her face, the look of somebody who knew what they were after and were about certain that they were going to get it.

Tell her who it is... jesus, Fran's not screwing around with me. She's serious, she's honest to fucking god serious.

It wasn't just some sort of cruel game, there was genuine interest there. Before Rosa knew it, the two of them were eye to eye, about as close as could be without actually touching one another. She could feel Fran's warm breath on her face, see deep into her eyes.

Never thought this was the kinda route tonight was going to take.

There was the briefest second of indecision, but Rosa had already made up her mind before when she dropped the hint. Now or never. Tentatively, Rosa leaned that slightest bit forward, hovered at the point where her lips brushed Ali's, then went all the way and kissed her properly; chastely, but properly.

I... I just don't know where this is going.
Sykan†

Post by Sykan† »

"Girlfriend- GET!"

Fran would've smiled if she wasn't so busy enjoying the kiss. Sure, it was pretty chaste, especially considering what she was used to, but... In a sense, that made it even better. After every single kiss for the last few months involving a high degree of tongue-play, and usually preceding using her tongue for something else... A kiss that only involved a weird mush of feelings, touching lips and some degree of cuteness... It was a pretty welcome break, she thought, as she wrapped her arms around the other girl, one slightly above her waist, behind the arch of her back and pulling her closer towards herself, and the other softly grasping the back of her head, running through her hair.

"Well, it kinda depends on if she considers herself my girlfriend so soon. It's where this seems to be headed, though..."

She felt the impulse to just shove her tongue down Rosa's throat, then undress her and take her on the pool table, giving everyone around the show of their lives. Fran was used to living with temptation, the omnipresent need for her to do things... But she knew better. And this was a pretty fun place to start a night, so she didn't want to get banned or anything.

Almost reluctantly, she broke the kiss, her lips parting from Rosa's, and looked at her in the eyes, a soft smile on her face, coupled with her half-closed eyes, in a quiet sort of happiness. "So... You still wanna catch a movie, or...?" She asked, a grin on her face. She saw nothing wrong with either option presented to them... As it stands, the two most obvious courses of action were continuing with a casual night out, albeit with... Well, sexy undertones, and more kissing than anticipated... Or, they could go home and enjoy a wild night on a comfy matress. "I'll just leave this one up to her..."
Namira

Post by Namira »

((Sorry for the wait, was a little unsure how to get the ball rolling))

Another shiver ran through Rosa as Fran stroked the back of her head, surprisingly affectionately at that. Unexpectedly, her friend didn't make any move to attempt to deepen the kiss, for which Rosa felt a vague sense of appreciation. Much as kissing a friend in this kind of way was weird, leaping straight to making out would have made it... cheap.

Ali broke off, and then began to speak again. Looking into her (girl?)friend's face, Rosa was conflicted. On the one hand, the 'or' was sounding to her like an extremely attractive option. Who needed the romances in the movies when all the entertainment and intimacy you could ask for could be found in the arms of another person? That was Rosa's philosophy on most of her relationships, anyway...

On the other hand... if making out cheapened things, what would a quickfire fling do? This wasn't just some chump Rosa had ran into in the bar, this was one of her friends. She couldn't think that deciding to sleep together so casually could do much for their relationship.

And that made up her mind. Making things intimate was an awkward enough friendship upgrade as it was, Rosa didn't want to lose what they had by being impatient or preoccupied with the sex.

"Movie. Definitely a movie," she blushed, realising how blunt that sounded. "Not that I wouldn't ... you know. I just need to think this over a little, first."

((Rosa Fiametta continued in The Dance Must go on!))

Return to “The Varsity”