Tending the Flowers

Open to everyone

The school campus is very well maintained. The grass is always kept neat and short, and the hedges around the school are always kept trimmed. The sports fields are all in immaculate condition, and a nice quad area has been set up for the students outside, with tables, chairs, and a gazebo.
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

"Yeah, I do" Brook said in response to C.J., still looking over what more had to be done in the garden in disbelief. "She's the head of the gardening committee... it's be part of it, except that I couldn't devote all my time to that and work at the same time. Sheesh... well, at least this wasn't too hard to straigthen up... either she'll come back and fix it or one of the maintenance guys will." Brook stepped out of the garde, looking between the two of them.

He'd have to head to class soon, probably in five minutes or so, but there wasn't much harm done in speaking with anybody, right? "So, what brings you guys here, exactly? Most people aren't interested in gardens."
MK Kilmarnock

Post by MK Kilmarnock »

There was a chirp on his watch, and Brook took a quick look to his wrist. "Aw, shit..." He mumbled under his breath, taking a few more seconds in a last-ditch effort to tidy the place up. Afterwards, he collected his things and carefully stepped out of the garden.

"Sorry to run, but I gotta head to a meeting!" He blurted, running back to the school building.

((Liam "Brook" Brooks continued in A Few Administration Issues))
TheLeakyFaucet†

Post by TheLeakyFaucet† »

C.J was just about to wave goodbye to Brook when he felt his cell phone vibrate in the pocket of his jeans. Reaching in with a practiced flip of hand, he took note of the words flashing in blue light. It was a call from his father. A beefy Asian man with a sardonic sense of humor, he'd always been a person that C.J had blended well with. Smiling and turning away from Simon so he wouldn't be rude, C.J raised the cell phone to his ear and said:

"Hello?"

Then his father spoke. C.J listened for a bit and even nodded a little in the beggining, utterly bemused by what his father was saying. Then his emotions begin to flood in. Glaring when his father was done talking, his mouth gaped and he was at a loss for words. Then, grimacing as his fingers tightened on the cellular phone, he shouted:

"Wait? We're moving again?"

"I got a new job offer, C.J. Your mom called and pulled you out of school this morning. We would have told you last night but we got home too late, and then you left for the bus stop too early this morning. We're moving to Colorado. I'm coming to pick you up in about an hour. Make sure you say goodbye to all you frie-

"FUCK COLORADO!" C.J howled. "I'M TIRED OF THIS SHIT! THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME WITH YOU AND YOUR STUPID JOBS! WHY CAN'T WE JUST SETTLE DOWN SO I CAN ACTUALLY MAKE FRIENDS?"

"C.J, plea-

"THIS IS MY SENIOR YEAR! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY CHANCE TO SHINE! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?"

Then he hung up. Feeling mildly like a complete asshole, he looked over in a state of shock and was only vaguely aware of the fact that Simon Grey - a person who seconds ago he had considered befriending - was still standing there. Clearing his thoughts, C.J sighed and offered the boy a weak smile despite what had just happened. Simon seemed like a genuinely nice guy, and C.J couldn't let him get the wrong impression. Not at all. Life's all about impressions...

"Well Simon ", C.J sighed. "I guess you can tell what just happened. I got to go tell the school newspaper that I'm leaving. They'll need to replace me. Nice talking to you, hombre. Adios".

Then he turned and started to walk away from the flowers, his head bowed down toward the ground.. C.J hadn't bloomed at all. Instead, he'd been downright over-watered and now he was leaving the garden for good.

All in all, it was a blow. There were so many opportunities down the drain: friends, parties, good times like the senior trip. It all seemed like a waste of space - not much different from C.J himself. C.J Wong, who felt lost in crowds. C.J Wong, with his little advice column and why-won't-anybody-play-with-me kind of childhood mentality. At the moment, he was angry at his father. Maybe even furious.

Months later, he became aware that his father had saved his life, and if anything, it was for the simple fact that moving had stopped him from going on the senior trip.

((C.J Wong is off to Colorado and discluded from pre-game))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler TheLeakyFaucet. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Grim Wolf

Post by Grim Wolf »

Simon sighed.

He was feeling tired, low. Two of them, gone, and...

C.J. started screaming.

He listened, felt a flutter of sympathy for him. Not that he didn't understand--moving as frequently as he seemed to. After all, C.J. had just moved here, hadn't he?

Tough lives. Everyone had tough lives, even when it was easy.

He sighed again, turned back to the flowers, tidied them up as best he knew how, and then entered the building, shifting uncomfortably. What now?

Well, class, for one.

He allowed himself a small smile and set off through the halls.

(Simon Grey continued in Let the Dance Begin!).
Those Whose Time Has Come]

Terra Johnson (female student no. 73, DECEASED): Oh...duh...Abel's...dead...the one who...lives is...

Tom Swift (male student no. 60): It didn't matter what he wanted anymore.

Daria Bhatia (female student no. 56): "I pity you, and everyone who knows you. Because if you can live with this, I don't...I don't think you're human anymore.”

[+] Those Who Have Gone Before
[/url]

V6

Alex Tarquin (male student no. 32: "No more...masks..."

Tara Behzad (female student no. 12): "They don't get to decide how I die."

Lizzie Luz: "I don't want to go."

V5

Tyler Lucas: "I had fun. You?"

Karen Idel: Game over.

Xavier Contel: "G-gotta...trust people, Arthur. G-g-gotta try. C-can't be afraid."

v4

Naoko Raidon (male student no. 54): Dying like...this isn't...so...bad...

Mirabelle Nesa: "I'm a weak little girl who couldn't save anyone, even myself, but god damn it I beat you and god damn it you are going to remember that because I am Mirabelle Nesa and I am a hardened goddamn warrior and I am not going to fucking give up now!"

Simon Grey: "I never was a hero, but, God help me, I tried."

David Meramac: "Running towards nothing. Running from nothing."

Return to “Campus”