What Do You Mean There Are No Dragons?

D&D II, all are welcome.

Wanna roleplay out those big events? House parties, football games, wrestling matches, and even prom can all be found right here! Feel free to post your own events, and make sure to jump into others as well!
Zabriel†

What Do You Mean There Are No Dragons?

Post by Zabriel† »

((Owen Rothschild))

It was game night at Owen's again, and he had about thirty minutes to get set up. He already had most of his ideas for the night's adventure figured out, and the rest would rely on clever ass pulls, but he had bigger things to deal with before his players arrived. Gamer fuel. A good game session was three parts roleplaying, two parts processed snack foods, and one part caffeine abuse. It took him a bit to get everybody's tastes down, but he managed pretty well. Cheetos were always good, Funyuns, that cheddar flavored Chex Mix, anything with that cheese powder that sticks to the fingers really, along with a mini-fridge full of carbonated goodness. This game session he managed to come across a little of that new energy drink marketed at D&D geeks, in both Mana and Health varieties. Same basic concept as the five-hour one, but infinitely cooler, especially in those little bottle. Quaffing a bottle of sour blue yummy was much more awesome than drinking that silly yuppie thing. The apple was nice too. It was great on those really groggy days. Owen planned on taking a case or two on the class trip so that he could ride on an endless caffeine buzz. It was going to be a good time.

He thoughtfully chewed a wad of Bazooka as he started setting up his DM zone, which consisted of a few reference books, his dice, and the notebook he'd been using to write down his plot ideas, all hidden behind a low divider. He didn't mind them seeing him looking up an HP Value or stats on an artifact, but he liked to keep his dice private. It wasn't unheard of for a DM to cheat on occasion to keep the party from being eaten by zombies, or whatever the villain of the week was. Interestingly enough, he had never actually used a dragon in his game, or played with anybody that used them. Dungeons were everywhere but not so much with the dragons.

Maybe in the next session, he said to himself as he spit out the flavourless piece of pink goo, opening a bag of Sour Patch Kids with a smile. Owen didn't actually care much for Bazooka, and he had better gum in his satchel at the moment. He really just liked the little comic they gave you with the gum. He looked at his watch and nibbled a green one. He was expecting somebody a little before game time so he could acquaint him with the game. He'd already helped him make a character suited to his tastes, basic, but still fun. Once he got there they'd go over some of the finer points of the game...or maybe just play Wii baseball. He could always learn as he went, since Owen's game sessions sometimes ran a little long and they would take at least on ten minute break where he could answer questions.

Owen heard the doorbell and knew that his players were arriving. This would be the first session in a new campaign, but he'd played with most of the people that would be there, so he wasn't too worried about it. He popped a piece of Bubble Yum in his mouth, padded across the forest green tile, and started up the stairs. The bell rang again when he was about halfway up. "I'm coming!"

He reached the top and dashed toward the door, twisting the knob and smiling at the person on the other side. "Hey there. You're right on time. I just finished setting up The Lair."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Zabriel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

((Katherine Goldman, Continued from Wallowing in Sin))

Okay, Apparently this is the place

Katherine sighed as she rang the bell on what she was sure was the door of Owen Rothschild's house.

Not exactly being a social butterfy, Katherine wasn't really into the whole "social" aspect of Role Playing, focusing more on the game and it's mechanics, Min-Maxing all her characters, until she'd been banned from doing that after a particularly nasty incident with the "Locate City" spell.

The Door opened, and Katherine looked down at the 5'2 smiling figure.

"Hey there. You're right on time. I just finished setting up The Lair."

"Hello Owen" Kathy said, fairly quietly, smiling. "Am I the first here?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Badb.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

He nodded and gestured for her to come in. "Yeah, I'm expecting two or three more guys, one of them a newbie. Hopefully we can get all three in, four is a great number for a game. We can wait down in the Lair, I think the others know the way." He waved her along and started towards the steps. The room was a dark and shimmering green, in stark contrast to the rest of the house. The basement was his area, and he'd styled it to look as much like the Slytherin common room as possible, complete with a long leather couch and a couple recliners, all matching the shade of green used for the floor and the walls. A large round table surrounded by tall emerald padded chairs sat near the middle of the room, and a television sat against a wall with a few gaming consoles connected to it.

He hopped off the last step and walked over to the mini-fridge. "Make yourself comfortable. Do you want a drink? I've got green apple Jones, blue bubble gum, A&W, Sprite..."

He knelt down to open the door, pulling out a bottle of blue soda and glancing up toward the clock. "The others should be on their way soon, though we can play with the Wii if it gets too boring to wait. You've got your own dice right?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Zabriel. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Badb†

Post by Badb† »

((Whoops, Totally forgot I was in this thread >_<, sorry.))

Kathy followed Owen down into "The Lair".

"Make yourself comfortable. Do you want a drink? I've got green apple Jones, blue bubble gum, A&W, Sprite..."

"Uh, I'll have a Sprite, thanks." Kathy said, looking around the green room.

"The others should be on their way soon, though we can play with the Wii if it gets too boring to wait."

"Yeah, I'd guess they'd be." Kathy said, sitting down on one of the emerald backed chairs. "The Wii sounds like fun."

"Well," Kathy said, trying to start up conversation, but sounding rather awkward "It must've taken you a while to decorate the room like this."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the former handler Badb.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

He pulled out a can of Sprite and handed it to his guest. He turned on the Wii and tapped his lip as he selected a game. It was an old standby, still a favorite, even when compared to some of the "real" games for the Wii.

"Can't go wrong with Wii sports. I know at least one guy will be a little late, he's not exactly nerd crowd, but it should be fun breaking him in."

He checked the clock again. The others still had a few minutes before he'd told them to be there, but patience wasn't his strong suit, especially when it came to a first session. He smiled and apologized.

"Sorry, I'm a little anxious. They'd text if something came up right?" He laughed quietly and opened his bottle to take a drink from it.

"Have a favorite game? We can play around until they make it or we hear from them. Bowling, baseball, tennis?"

He looked around as she commented on the room. "The hardest part was really getting all the furniture to match the walls. I modeled it after the Slytherin common room from the Harry Potter series. It's my favorite house. The colors are great, and they rarely run into anything half-cocked. It's all about cunning. Suits me well, don't you think?"

His phone started to vibrate at that moment. He slid it out of his pocket and flipped it open, reading quickly.

"Are you effing kidding me? The twins can't make it, something about an accident with with a gerbil and a pair of roller blades. That's two down..." and his phone gave another shake and a beep. "Oh come on!"

"Well, we'll be missing three players. So it's pretty much just the two of us. We can hang out and play Wii for a while if you'd like. Hopefully we can all make it next time..."
Dirge Fireborn†

Post by Dirge Fireborn† »

((Dirk Smith continued from Ambiguous Plans))

Dirk had heard about this game, Dungeons and Dragons, and it seemed like a good way to make friends, so he looked around for a group to participate in.

At current he was looking for the specific house where this one was. 'Ah, there it is' He walked up the path to the door and rang the doorbell, waiting to be let in.

(OOC: Which version of the rules will we be using?)
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dirge Fireborn. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Zabriel†

Post by Zabriel† »

((I actually meant to abort this thread as the plot kind of fell through. I never got around to it because I've been focusing on school, two other characters and an unrelated RPG. This thread has been dead for a few months, so yeah. Sorry about just leaving you hanging here. Owen Rothschild continued elsewhere.))

Return to “Events”