Waiting for Inspiration

Open

The lobby of the rink is pretty standard. Complete with snack bar, vending machines, and televisions that display the designated dressing room assignments and times for the games being played. Stairs lead upstairs to the stands, and outside to the parking lot. There's also a viewing area for those who don't want to brave the cold of the arena.
OverlordMikey†

Post by OverlordMikey† »

As Rudy answered Quince's question Mikaela gave Rudy's question some surprisingly serious thought. She has always considered her own country to be filled with arrogant people. Well to be more honest it was that the arrogant people got the most attention. They where to loud to ignore. If Americans enjoy Survival of the Fittest though wasn't a matter of that, no it was a completely different facet of human nature. In this world even the most pious people where still animals to nature. Nature demands death, violence, and suffering. It is only humans nature that people love that show, even Mikaela secretly enjoyed a character or two. The show explored human nature at it's rawest, she was most impressed by the way people revealed their darkest feeling and in some case their kindest moments.

Survival of the Fittest's popularity also represent the degrading television programming in America. With reality TV on ever channel, the news being spun and good shows canceled for more cheap crap. Survival of the Fittest fit by compression was a ray of hope, it was really real. That was what really attracted people more then the bloodshed and sex. More then people degrading themselves, the idea that it wasn't just another lie. At least that's what Mikaela wanted to believe.
As Mikaela opened her mouth to express this thought, but instead she found herself saying something completely different.

"Hahahaha I bet it would be fun to be on Survival of the Fittest, however maybe I'll skip the school trip just incase."

She laughed for a short while. Why did she say that? She couldn't understand the point of cracking a joke when she had a point to make about her personal beliefs. She kept her trade mark grin on her face, but she felt sick. She remember a nightmare she had where she had been on the island. She still felt sick, how could she ever suggest such a thing would be fun.

"I...I think the games gonna start in a few minutes. Excuse me for a sec I need to go to the bathroom. Hey Quince, get me a soda, root beer, grape if they got it. I'll pay you back when we get to my house."

Mikaela dashed to the bathrooms, when she got into their she just stared into the mirror.

Stupid stupid stupid! Now you feel sick, snap out of it!
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OverlordMikey. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

Dammit, what were they going on about now? Ancient Rome and it's relation to Survival of the Fittest. Quince liked SotF. It had way more blood and tits than you normally got to see on TV, and those effects were good enough to be real. Of course it wasn't, no government would ever let something like that actually be broadcast if it was. But he had to admit, it was pretty cool.

Still, while he got how it linked with hockey, what did it have to do with History? Rome was so long ago, and in Italy. SotF was a here 'n' now thing. Well, maybe not here. They never did say where it was filmed. Not that he cared, as long as they kept on delivering the flesh, inside and out, he'd keep watching.

Hahahaha I bet it would be fun to be on Survival of the Fittest, however maybe I'll skip the school trip just in case. Now that seemed off. Fun to watch, yeah, but actually fun to take part in? Quincy thought about it for a second. Maybe it would be. Wasn't it just like boxing, but on a bigger scale? Go in, fight, and come out.

No, boxing was something else. Boxing had rules, had ways to make sure that it was safe as it could be. And boxing, for him at least, was never about violence. It was all about power, about showing others that he had power. Showing them his worth. More than that, boxing was never as personal as SotF would be, if it was real. Survival was all about settling scores in the most final way. And the pain on all those kids faces... No, not fun.

Rudy was asking him about the damn gun again, if he would look better with it if he had a long coat, or something. "Yeah, real classy, Rudy. Like that guy in Once Upon a Time in the West. I can see you pulling that off. Gotta have the hat for it though. But you got the height, you got the build. I reckon you'd look all cowboy."

Then Mikaela ran off to the bathroom, but not before she had time to leave her order with him. Hoping she was alright, Quince checked his wallet, and the prices. Fuck, the snacks were overpriced. Either he would do without the popcorn or...

"Rudy, I hate to ask. Can I borrow a couple a bucks? You know I'm good for it. Just to keep her happy. I'll owe you, big time, man!" He had done it before, and every time Rudy had been able to get a favour out of him. He just hoped this time it wouldn't be too distasteful.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Killer_Moth. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Candescence†

Post by Candescence† »

"Well... I was thinking more, 'Revolver Ocelot'."

Rudy twirled the gun again, smiling, as he quoted, "Six shots. More than enough to kill anything that moves." Revolver Ocelot was just damn cool, the sort of man that Rudy admired. One of the most accurate pairs of hands on the planet, while also being brilliantly manipulative. But he'd rather not have Liquid Snake's arm. Having Liquid take over your body to scream 'BRRRROOOOTTTTHHHHEEEERRR!!!' and whatever, whenever said brother came along, would suck. "Perhaps the MGS3 version, though. I'm way too young for the old Ocelot."

He looked at Mikaela, as she remarked that she would skip the bus trip just in case, before making her exit. But that's the thing, isn't it? You wouldn't have a clue if you were unlucky enough to have your trip be hijacked by Danya's crew. That would suck. Really suck. And to play the game... Not even Rudy would want to kill someone else. But with the collars and what happened in previous rounds... That game, like war, can bring out the worst in anyone.

"Rudy, I hate to ask. Can I borrow a couple a bucks? You know I'm good for it. Just to keep her happy. I'll owe you, big time, man!" Rudy looked back at Quince, blinking, thinking over the question. A couple of bucks, in exchange for a favor? That would be lovely. Rudy chuckled, as he fetched out his wallet, passing a fiver to Quince. "No problem. Go for her, man!"

He laughed, as he checked his watch... Oh, dear. "Well, she wasn't wrong. The match is about to start!"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Candescence. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

Who the hell was Revolver Ocelot? Not that it mattered much. Rudy seemed to like the guy, so he was prepared to let it slide, especially when he saw the guy get his wallet out.

Quince grinned broadly, showing his teeth, as he took the banknote. "Thanks, man. Just let me know when, and I'm there for you." He worried that Rudy was reading more into the situation than was there. He was just doing this for a friend, not because he wanted to properly go out with Mikaela. That was all there was to it. So why did he want to help her all the time?

"Well, she wasn't wrong. The match is about to start!" Dammit. He had better go and get the snacks then. Queuing briefly, he spent the last of his cash on the root beer, and ended up getting a small salted popcorn for himself, as per Mikaela's instructions. He just hoped that it was worth it.

He arrived back, to see Rudy still waiting there. "Seriously man, just go on in. I'll wait here for her, you go and get us some good seats, as close to the rink as possible."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Killer_Moth. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Candescence†

Post by Candescence† »

Rudy nodded to Quince, as he accepted the note. "Thanks, man. Just let me know when, and I'm there for you." Rudy smiled inside, knowing he had Quince wrapped around his finger again. But he harbored no ill intent against him, Quince was a swell guy.

And when Quince got back, he urged Rudy to head on down to the stands. Rudy simply shrugged. "Alright, man. I'll try, at least."

And with that, Rudy simply walked away to the rink, hoping to find a good seat...

((Rudy Leyton continued in... Wait. You know what I just realised? There's no actual section for the bloody seats, unless the rink or the stands count. I can't tell.))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Candescence. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
OverlordMikey†

Post by OverlordMikey† »

Mikaela sighed, she shouldn't keep Quince waiting. She smiled and left the bathroom. She looked around and saw Quince standing with a root beer for her and a small popcorn.

That Quince is such a sweet guy. I hope he didn't borrow money from Rudy or he'll get dragged into something dubious.

Mikaela considered this for a second.

Well I suppose that some might say I'm not a very good influence either. Also I'm not entirely sure, but Rudy may have tricked me once or twice....no that's silly. Rudy's a great guy!

Mikaela grinned. For her it was funny, but part of her really did worry that her friends might get into trouble someday. She walked up to Quince "Hey Quince thanks a lot! Sorry I kept you waiting" She took her root beer then looked around. "Did Rudy go and abandon little ol' me, how cruel!" She was of course being sarcastic. She chuckled a little and smiled at Quince. "Well we're running out of time, we should hurry."

((Mikaela continued in Keeping Their Minds On The Game))
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler OverlordMikey. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Killer_Moth†

Post by Killer_Moth† »

As Rudy left, he realised that Rudy liked having the power over him, much more than actually using the power. That was both a good and a bad thing. It meant that Rudy would probably wait until he really had to, to cash in. But it also meant that he did have that power. And while it was usually harmless, sometimes Rudy's pranks were a little bit outside the rules. Quince wasn't worried by that, though, and had probably done worse himself. As long as everything kept his life going smoothly, he wasn't going to complain.

Quincy looked up, relieved, as Mikaela returned. She looked a lot happier than when she left. Maybe it was some kind of girl thing. He hoped not. He didn't like to have to think about girls in that way. The whole biology bit made him a bit nauseous. Still, she was back, and back to her usual cheery self.

"Yeah, he didn't abandon us. I sent him ahead to grab us all some seats, and I waited for you. Here's your root beer." He smiled broadly at her. Somehow, he didn't mind the delay. The fights never broke out at the start of the game anyway. Still, she wanted to hurry, so he walked after her.

((Quincy Jones continued in Keeping Their Minds On The Game))

Return to “Lobby”