Intravenous Nightmare

G037 Start - TOPIC CLOSED

This small infirmary on the outskirts of town will present a useful shelter for any student not wanting to venture into the larger residential district. Although clearly not equipped for any serious medical treatment, it still carries a good supply of equipment designed to stabilize patients. Alternately, the beds could mean a night of comfort, and the quarantine room could provide excellent shelter to those desperate for a hiding place.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

"Hey! It's Adrian! I'm with two others, and We aren't playing either-Sarah!"

Adrian? The huge guy with those funky looking cards? There wasn't any time to ponder that, as there was a commotion inside. Running, yelling, and all sorts of noise.

Ben, as Jacob didn't notice, was in front of the door. About to whisper to get away from the door to him, Jacob watched in horror as Ben was knocked off his feet.

"Shit! Ben!"

Jacob realised that someone had actually barged into him as he saw the dark haired, glasses......ed, guy run past them, with a flashy piece of metal showing itself to him.

Crap! Did he do something to Ben? If he did, I'd-

Jacob ran over to Ben, who it turns out had oly been rammed by the guy with the gun. Quickly grabbing his paintball marker back, he ran into the infirmary.

"Ben! Goddamit stick to the-oh forget it, wait up!"

Jacob wasn't used to running head first into dangerous situations, usually just wanting to wait to see how things turned out. He would normally have to rescue Paige, or sometimes Ben, from situations that could easily turn violent or dangerous, cause he took that little extra time to try and attempt to think it over, though it didn't do much except allow for some time to think about stuff that was completely irr-

-whoops, doing it again. Jacob knew that he didn't have time to think this time, so, table leg in hand, he ran in after him.

Ben had dropped his gun on the floor, while Jacob was wondering what the heck was going through his mind.

That was when he noticed Sarah Atwell. She was looking like a crazed, wild animal in the light that was filling the room, and now Jacob and himself were stuck here, facing this crazed human being, while Ben was busy getting a medkit.

"...Ben....BEN!" Jacob tried to say as calmly as possible while Ben scrummaged. When he finally looked, he swore.

Jacob wasn't far behind him. Crap, there was no telling what she was going to do, looking all like that.

"...okay, you." Jacob said, pointing out of the corner of his eye with his table leg, edging closer to Ben, while keeping a constant eye on the girl. He was unarmed, he was facing two possible dangers, and all he had was one persons word and a wooden table leg.

"What...what's going on?"
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: G114 - Aston Bennett: A woman who desires revenge must dig three graves.
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Penny Huang: Good girls can make bad decisions.
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
v7 - Gaelan Meloy: And nothing matters.
v7 - Jordan Brankovich: Rethinking it all.
v7 - Kayden Brockman: Not done yet.
v7 - Ji-hyun Christensen: Just getting started.
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
Destiny Martinez will live fast and die faster.
Aidan Winston is going to let you know you're not solving anything.
Lara Rodriguez thinks you should keep your opinion on her to yourself.
Peyton Hoffman isn't fond of the PC Police ruining everything.
Lindsey Sewall wants to make sure you drank water today you stupid bitch.
Luke Travers needs to have a code.
I'm hosting a SOTF!
SOTF: International
Applications Open Now!
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

So close but so far, her fingers barely missing the handle of the pistol in Simon's hands. A look of despair crossed Sarah's face as Simon yanked the pistol away and stood up. She was dead now and there was nothing she could do about it. Shutting her eyes tight she hoped it would be painless.

To her surprise she head the footsteps of Simon running off at full speed and the 'oof' of a collision. Opening her eyes once more she glanced around furtively. Ben and Jacob had entered the room and were looking over her with a look of wary concern. Jacob clutched in his hand a splintered table leg and Ben was pulling out bandages and whatnot from his firstaid kit.

Sarah took a deep breath and let her mind slow down. She wanted to live. No, she *needed* to live. There was two ways she could play this: she could accuse Adrian and Simon of having guns and threatening to kill or rape her... or she could just keep quiet and let everyone just leave her alone. She had finally cottoned on to the meaning of the game and her brain was telling her that she needed to make sure that she was in the best position possible, but every moral ounce of her screamed out to just stay quiet and hope someone else had a plan.

Sucking in her breath preparing for the lie Sarah stared at Jacob putting on her never fail puppy dog eyes. Hell it worked whenever she wanted anything else from a boy, it shouldn't be a problem now.

"Simon pulled a gun on me; Adrian came to save me, right Adrian?"

Sarah glanced at Adrian meaningfully, she hoped he would play along and she was relying on the boys' natural stupidity to see her through here. Play the little lost lamb and they would protect her. If he didn't she could always change her story. Quivering her bottom lip slightly she turned her gaze to Ben.

"You're here..." she paused sniffing slightly. "You're here to help us right?"
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fanatic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Vanikoro†

Post by Vanikoro† »

Adrian was completely caught off guard by what had just happened. By the time his brain had caught up, Simon was gone. What had just happened? Had Sarah gone crazy? Was she trying to kill him and Simon? A lot of questions ran through Adrian's head. He snapped back into reality as two new people ran into the room. There were...Ben and Jacob? Those were the first names that came to his mind. They looked just about as confused as he was about this whole thing. Adrian was about to explain his view of the situation when Sarah spoke up.

"Simon pulled a gun on me; Adrian came to save me, right Adrian?"

What?!? He knew very well that wasn't what happened. It was Sarah who had gone all crazy on Simon! Now Simon was running off probably scared for his life and now was more likely to become and easy target because of Sarah! How could he stand for her blatant lies?

On the other hand, he had to consider his own situation. Was Sarah really a bad person? She was probably just as scared as the rest of the students were, and she was coping in her own way. She was also in the perfect position to make Adrian look like a bad guy here, too. After all, from what Ben and Jacob could see, it was tall, intimidating Adrian versus defenseless Sarah. At any time she could take away this opportunity Adrian had in front of him and make him out to be a killer. This was a serious conflict of morals for him. He took in a quick breath, and answered with the first thing to come out of his mouth.

"Y-yeah. I saw Sarah and Simon in this room, and when I came in I heard you two, so I responded, and Simon pulled out his gun on Sarah, I yelled and Simon took off. You guys ran in, and..." Adrian made a sweeping motion in front of him with his bandaged hand. "Here we are."

He hoped he had made the correct choice.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Vanikoro. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

Sarah blinked and changed, almost starting to sob, asking for help and breaking down. It was pitiful, looking at Jacob and Ben for answers through her auburn fringe.

Oh shit, puppy dog eyes? Excuse me while I try to turn off your melting heart so you can think.

With a small headjerk, he glanced at Jacob. What had gone in here? Did Adrian really want to shoot the two in here? He ran out with the gun and put it in his dufflebag. Maybe he didn't? Was it a mistake? Listening to Adrian, he gave a momentary groan. Whatever had happened, it had visibly made Sarah pale face scared for her life, and Adrian slightly unnerved to boot.

Ben sighed and slowly put the first aid kit away into his bag.

"Well. Good thing he ran, otherwise this would be a clusterfuck."

He sighed and slowly squatted. Breathed deeply. In. Out. In. Out.

If there was a player in here, you'd be dead by now.
I know. I know.
Some people... shouldn't be helped. Danger. Look out for it.

Opening his mouth, he muttered. "We're looking for someone. Paige Strand. If she's not here, our objective is to go into town and keep looking." Pausing, Ben looked into Sarah's deep brown eyes, full with tears. "In the early stages of any game, an alliance is always better than going out alone. You guys can come if you want. The more, the merrier, right Jacob?"

He had no idea how Jacob would treat this. Did he want to go with two tag-alongs? Hell, did he even trust these people?

Trust. Ahh, the one thing that I hate about the world. Who can you trust?
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

((Short post, sorry))

So it turns out, what Sarah had told them anyway, that Simon, who was the guy who ran and knocked over Ben, was trying to kill Sarah. Adrian came in, and scared him off. Jacob listened to everything, while Ben took lead again, and asked where Paige was. Then, he invited them with him and Ben. He even asked what Jacob thought.

For a while there, Jacob's world came to a skidding halt.

For once, he knew everything that was going on.

Paige wasn't a happy girl to say the least; most nights, she would go hysterical over the littlest things, like exams, or not recieveing a text. He had to bring her back down, and that always involved having to speak to her, face to face, person to person. He remembered the eyes of someone who was crying, scared, and never wanted to be let go.

Sarah Atwell's eyes were nothing like that.

For one, they seemed too...calm, as though begging for sympathy. Next, there were the tears; people don't cry like that, at least not in Jacob's experience, and not have the littlest bit of heart in them. Sarah's seemed forced, like the tears only started to come when they came, and she needed them to. They weren't tears of terror, or sadness, simply convenience.

But Jacob knew that knowing something was right didn't mean that he knew everything; the whole process was new to him, so he tried to think: if those eyes aren't really crying, then what is she hiding?

There were many possibilities: one was that she was being held hostage by the big guy here, and she was forcing herself to cry so she wouldn't be alone with him and they would be there; another was that she was the mastermind behind this, influencing Adrian into doing what she wanted him to do, or that she was trying to kill Simon for his gun, and that it turned out wrong; they could both be in cahoots, Adrian and Sarah, or this could all be exactly what it seems.

But the question remained on Jacob's mind: Why?

He intended to find out, but not just yet.

"...Sure. We should probably get somewhere safer than this place, though. Who knows who could come here?"

Time to act now. He needed to speak to the big guy. But how to get his attention? To get him isolated from the other two?

He needed some time to think. On the way to the town, that could work.
[+] The Island
V4: G069 - Clio Gabriella: Hold me closer, tiny dancer; count the headlights on the highway to hell.
V4: G083 - Paige Strand: Feelings don't try to hurt you, even the painful ones. You're responsible for all of the damn consequences.
V4: B118 - Jacob Charles: Every grieving heart has screamed at one time or another 'why can't you just let me die?'
V4: B108 - Ma'afu Tuigamala: Most men would rather forget a hard truth than face it.
V5: G015 - Janie Sinneave: Every human being must find her own way to cope with the impossible, and the only job of a true friend is to facilitate whatever method she doesn't choose.
V6: B018 - Maxim Kehlenbrink: Too much self-centered attitude brings isolation. Result: loneliness, fear, anger, and a hammer to the skull.
V7: G044 - Mikki Swift: It takes 18 years to build a reputation and a minute to ruin it.
V7: G070 - Jessica Rennes: Despair is our chance to wrestle with water and fall through.
V7: G075 - Aditi Sharma: She can still scream that rebel yell, just as loud as it was in 2005.
[+] Home
V4: B042 - Brendan Wallace: History has a way of repeating itself for years to come.
Meanwhile...
v5 - Jasper Rourke: Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, "what could have been".
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

Sarah paused, Ben had eaten up the story and Adrian had somewhat surprisingly followed her lead. She wasn't really ready to venture out of the infirmary yet, the place having instilled in her at least a sense of being in the last few minutes. With so many people around she was feeling more and more calm. She couldn't really justify her actions or what she had said but she knew part of it would have to have been the fear. She was a good person.

Standing up shakily she looked at the two newcomers. "You guys should go ahead, I'm not sure I can handle whats out there at the moment. If there is no one else around perhaps we should look for medicine? I mean I could really use something to calm me down I guess."

Sarah looked back at Adrian. "Thanks for helping me out... I don't know what I would of done if you weren't here."

Sarah couldn't quite place it, but something felt a little off. Her brain wasn't quite placing things in the right way. It felt *wrong,* it felt surreal, it felt... like a movie. Sarah pulled her handy cam up and sniffled a little.

"You don't mind me filming you guys do you? I mean perhaps someone will be able to find something out if I document us, maybe I could record anything you want to say to people back home?"

The sureality of filming the event herself gave Sarah back some confidence and her hand stopped shaking. The danger was over for now, both from the panic attack and anyone else. At least that's how she felt anyway.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Fanatic. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Vanikoro†

Post by Vanikoro† »

(( Short Post, I apologize))

Well, it looked like they bought the story. Adrian internally sighed with relief. He didn't really want to lie, but that seemed to be his only course of action right now. Why was he even this situation? He could have taken the opportunity to leave many times, and yet he decided to stay.

"We're looking for someone. Paige Strand. If she's not here, our objective is to go into town and keep looking. In the early stages of any game, an alliance is always better than going out alone. You guys can come if you want. The more, the merrier, right Jacob?"

Adrian was all up for an alliance. He'd already proven to himself that he was not ready to go at this alone. "That sounds fine to me," He turned to Sarah, "You?"

"You guys should go ahead, I'm not sure I can handle whats out there at the moment. If there is no one else around perhaps we should look for medicine? I mean I could really use something to calm me down I guess."

Adrian decided to leave it up to the other two here on that one. After all, they seemed to be more natural leaders and in a calmer state than he was right now.

He took Sarah's thanks with a nod. He knew in his head that he really hadn't done anything up to this point. Was she still lying, or was she thanking him for going along with her story?

"You don't mind me filming you guys do you? I mean perhaps someone will be able to find something out if I document us, maybe I could record anything you want to say to people back home?"

He has completely forgotten about the camera. It actually surprised Adrian when he saw she was still calm enough to film. "Or maybe, this is how she stays calm.." he thought.

"I don't really have a problem, I have nothing to say right now, though." He said as he glanced at the other two. They were in charge now.
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Vanikoro. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

Slowly, Ben started to frown at the camera. The two had decided to join their group. Or had asked them to go on ahead. This was getting slightly confusing.

Shit, mate. Prioritize.
OK, get medicine for Paige, make sure everything is OK here, go into town, search for Paige and other friends.

Nodding absent-mindedly, he turned his attention back to Sarah and almost gave a laugh. "I don't know how to say this, but I think it might be slightly redundant." With a outstretched hand he pointed at the miniature CCTV cameras in the room, one in each corner. Mr. Danya wanted the world to see this, let the kids put on a show.

Standing up again, he nodded at Jacob, starting to take the leader role, the planner. "Raid the medicine cabinets, take anything good that we need, leave the rest. I want to be moving in fifteen minutes." Moving to his pack, he quickly opened up the side pocked and pulled something out wrapped in plastic. "And for you, Sarah, I'm going to give you some of my special medicine." He tossed over a chocolate bar. "Sugar, milk and cocoa. You need it." With a nod, he tossed another one at Adrian. "You too, Adrian."

Zipping it back up, he got out a water bottle and started to drink, sitting back down on the cold floor. He gave a smile at the two.

"Hey, cheer up. You're safe. Alive. That's what counts."
This is an archival account used by staff to port posts belonging to the handler Dropbear. While this handler hasn't been around in quite a while, should they return and wish to take custody of this account and/or its posts, they are welcome to do so by contacting staff.
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Despite Ben's offer, Sarah refused. She took out her camera, and...started to film them? Jacob's face showed utmost confusion over why someone would be filming at this moment, and sighed when he remembered who she was. Was it going to be like this for everyone they met?

He had nothing to say to the camera.

Ben started to take up the roll of leader, and Jacob nodded at his commands.

"Right, man."

Taking a look through the cabinets that graced the side of the room, he found all sorts of pills and medicines and medical equipment that would be of wonderous use. But...all he needed was something for Paige. If they really took her pills, it wouldn't be long until she started to dive again. She was supposed to take one before the trip, but...she said it could wait. He was regretting everything he never got to say to her at the moment. Biting his lip, he continued his search through the cabinets for the next few minutes, checking each little label's name.

Jacob knew Paige's magic pill's name: Cymbalta. It wasn't the most common of drugs where he was from, but it was what she took. If he could find it...

Bingo! Jacob looked in the third cabinet of pills and found the little bottle, it's warning label and all. Grinning, he turned around.

"Found it, Ben. Cymbalta, and a few other's as well. Should I get those?"

Jacob wasn't sure how much Paige would need of the stuff before...before it all ended.
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

If Jacob had been observant he might of noticed Sarah had been recording the whole event on the camcorder and the answers to his questions lay in the little black tape that was silently whirring away within the camera.

Sarah momentarily frowned when Ben made his comment about her filming being redundant. Extra angles were never redundant and clearly a director's behind the scenes cut would add so much more to any story. Plus she was pretty sure she conveyed that it might help provide information to loved ones rather than just seeing each other brutally murdered.

Truth was the girl was almost engrossed in the project. By being behind the camera it put some distance between herself and the reality of the situation, it was an island of peace in an otherwise crazy world. As long as she saw the program as just that, a program that was to be viewed, unrelated to real life in any way, shape or form she could refrain from breaking down in hysterics once more. For Sarah, it was not something she was involved in, she was simply part of the camera crew, following a group of actors around for now.

Glancing at her compatriots she gave a half hearted smile. Ben seemed to have a plan, this could be something akin to the Blair Witch Project or that Cloverfield project that had come out.

Doing a quick pan of the area she started narrating.

"Day one, We're stuck on an island somewhere in the middle of nowhere, with me are Ben, Jacob and Adrian, our previous companion has run off. We're looking for supplies in what seems to be an old run down hospital."

Moving over to the cabinets she looked at the small labelled bottles grabbing a few and holding them up to the camera.

Adrenaline, Amoxycillin, Benztropine, Sarah lost interest. Grabbing one of the bottles she stuffed it in to her bag for cinematic effect. She didn't even know what it was but the camera caught the label ever so briefly. Ketamine. Moving over to the others she took a brief shot of them also rummaging through the cabinets near by.

"You know," Sarah murmured to herself as she glanced towards the bench next to her and picked up a scalpel, looking at it fascinated for a brief moment, "what this scene could use is a little more tension."

She pocketed the surgical tool and moved over to her bag. She didn't know why she did it. It certainly wasn't to attack anyone, and as far as protection goes she didn't even know how she would defend with something like that. The cool feel of the metal briefly passing her hands gave a quick twinge of excitement though, and no good film was complete without excitement, so she said nothing.

"I think I'm ready to go guys!" She called out to the others as she emptied the contents she needed, map, compass, first aid kit and rations in to her backpack and looked around. "As long as there isn't anyone waiting for us out there." Pausing slightly she looked around, her bottom lip trembling ever so slightly. "Or maybe we should just stay here and wait for help?"

Sarah was not an actor, and despite Jacob's observations earlier (unbeknown to her) she was truly afraid and she hadn't put on a show at all. The raw emotions of her state had just simply coalesced in a way that made her just that

tiny

bit

crazy.
Vanikoro†

Post by Vanikoro† »

Okay, raid the medicine cabinets, then get moving. This seemed like the best plan of action given the situation and circumstances. Adrian's bag was already packed, so after catching the chocolate bar Ben tossed to him, he started searching the medicine cabinets.

There were so many different types of medication in this building; most of which Adrian had never even heard of before. His eyes did fall on one drug: Oxycontin. There were quite a few bottles of it, so Adrian put as many as he could into his bag. Given the kind of world they were all about to go out and face, he decided that anything to numb pain was needed.

As he was grabbing the bottles a few slipped from his right hand, dropping them to the floor with a thump. "Sorry about that." He said aloud as he bent down to retrieve them. He looked at the bandage on his hand once again. The bandage went right across his palm, making it a little difficult to hold on to things. I wonder how hard this will make it to hold a gun... He thought.

It hadn't taken him long to grab the medicine, so he took some time to open the chocolate bar that Ben had given him. After taking a few bites, another idea popped into his head; that idea would have wait though, as they all were on kind of a time budget. As the others voiced their affirmations of readiness, Adrian put the thought to the back of his mind and the candy bar in his bag. He was ready to get out of here.

"I'm ready whenever you guys are."
Dropbear†

Post by Dropbear† »

"Only what we desperately need. If someone comes here needing something..."

Benjamin trailed off, swallowing. "Painkillers might come in handy, but that's all I can think of. Leave the rest." Rolling his shoulders, he glanced at his new companions. Adrian was struggling to grab bottles with a stuffed up hand, and Sarah continued to film...

With a frown, he searched through the drawers nearest to him. Why was she filming, it wasn't a movie, it was all real-

It's a coping mechanism. You remember that movie that had that trauma patient who thought that his wife and kids were still alive even though he killed them in a car crash?
That was weird, but yes. What, you're saying that she's... oh. That's not good.
Yeah. Look...

Swallowing at the thoughts in his head, he causally walked over to Jacob, taking a bottle. Quietly he murmured under his breath. "She's in trauma. Keep her occupied with filming." Searching with him for a few more seconds, he wandered back, chucking the bottle into the top of his pack and hitching it back up onto his shoulders. Clipping it in, he picked up the paintball gun again.

"Good. Adrian, your hand isn't in too much pain? Jacob, we got everything?"

Quickly, he considered Sarah's question, before glancing at Jacob again. No way he was stopping until he found her. "I reckon we need to cover more ground now. If there's a fight, I'd prefer it in the open air as well, better chance of escaping. And there's a good chance that we'll find better shelter in the town."

He glanced back to Sarah, into the cold metallic lens of the camera.

"There's not a lot of help we're going to get. I don't know who's going to be playing, and unless Adrian's psychic powers start to work he won't know either. No offence." He gave a small chuckle at his poor joke before turning around. "Simon wanted to play. And if he's playing, anyone else could be."

Oh, very dramatic, let Sarah lap up the drama.
Well, it's correct. Anyone could be out to kill us.
You think Simon was really going to pull that trigger in there? You think you can't trust Paige or the other girls? Or anyone from fencing?
I...

He closed his eyes for a few seconds. The metal flashback of Simon's scared face, stuffing the gun into his bag as he ran out, panicking...

Panic. What if you were frightened by a crazy girl and a stammering boy?
...Look. Don't... Let's just focus on finding Paige. OK? OK. One thing at a time. Group together.
So, you've picked up a camerawoman and a guy with an injured hand. Calculating chances of them surviving...
Shut up, brain. We're dying together or dying alone.
Oh boy, here come the Lost quotes. Welcome to the fucking island, Jack. Or are you Locke?

Exhaling, he slowly walked out down the corridor into the light, tapping his brain with the tip of the marker. "Follow me."

[[Ben Powell continued in Conquistador]]
Brackie

Post by Brackie »

Looking through the cabinets, he found stuff he could use. Jacob wasn't as familiar with these things as he could be, but he always had little grasps of memory to hold onto, names that he knew meant something. Following Ben's instructions, he took a few more things, and noticed Ben come over to search with him. But it seemed he had an alterior motive.

So...they had a crazy girl to deal with now, huh? Sarah and her little camera, making her simply a crew member to all this, huh? Jacob had sympathy for her, being no stranger to dealing with those girls that were a little off centre. Is that why she was able to throw off his observations and make him that little bit more wary of her? Stress? Panic? And now she was coping like this, right?

Jacob realised how many questions he was asking himself. He couldn't keep going like that, now could he? He had to stay focused. Sarah asked if they could stay here. Ben, their defacto leader, was taking charge, and caught Jacob's eyes. They couldn't stop until he found the girl of his dreams, and he wasn't going to substitute one mentally unstable girl for another. Jacob supposed it was like Ben to do this sort of thing, take charge when everyone else wasn't in the right state of mind or stuff. He wasn't the most vocal person in around Reiko and their friends, but he had his moments; a joke, an expertly timed pun, a witty comment that would alieve tension.

And know they were leaving. Jacob considered mentally crossing out his previous plan to find out what really happened here. It wasn't like it would matter in the long run or anything. But he needed to know if Sarah was going to hinder them, help them die too soon. What was he going to do?

So we got ourselves a guy with a paintball gun, another guy with a bung hand, and a crazy girl who's probably just gonna ditch them for a better angle. Oh boy Jacob, you ain't got it easy, do you?

"Right then, let's go. We could probably find everyone else out there as well. Huge island, right, but 's'not like they're all hiding or anything, is it?"

Jacob needed to remain hopeful. It wasn't over until the fat girl sang, right?
...right?

Light greeted them as they exited the building, and headed off to wherever Ben was going to lead them, ready to find everyone. That kid with the gun - probably playing. But that was only one in, what, 300? It wasn't like they would all die to one person, so they just had to figure it out.

With Paige by his side, until his last breath.

((Jacob Charles continues in Conquistador...))
[+] The Island
[+] Home
Meanwhile...
[+] Remind Me Tomorrow
I'm hosting a SOTF!
Applications Open Now!
Fanatic†

Post by Fanatic† »

Sarah nodded, opening and then chewing on the chocolate bar Ben had handed her previously with her spare hand. As the boys left the infirmary Sarah gave one more look around with the camera before following. She paused at the door to wait for Adrian as the two boys set off towards the town and placed her hand gently on his shoulder as he neared, flicking off the record function of the camera in her hand.

"Thanks Adrian, I really appreciated that. I don't know what came over me. I guess I just panicked." Smiling sadly Sarah started walking again. "I'm okay now though, it's all okay."

((Sarah Atwell continued in Conquistador))
Vanikoro†

Post by Vanikoro† »

This was it. They were finally going to head off to the rest of the island. It was like the beginning of some epic journey you would see in a movie or something, and in a sense it was. The only difference was that this was a journey that would most likely end in the death of all of them.

"Good. Adrian, your hand isn't in too much pain?"

Adrian gave a small smile to Ben and he waved his bandaged hand a bit. "No, it should be fine, just a glass cut, really." As long as I can pull a trigger in an emergency, I should be good. he thought after responding to Ben.

"There's not a lot of help we're going to get. I don't know who's going to be playing, and unless Adrian's psychic powers start to work he won't know either. No offence."

After hearing the response to Sarah's questions. Adrian let out another small chuckle. Was he really making light of this situation with humor? Either way, he responded again.

"Hey now, maybe I'll get lucky."

As the other two started to leave, he felt a hand touch his shoulder; it was Sarah.

"Thanks Adrian, I really appreciated that. I don't know what came over me. I guess I just panicked. I'm okay now though, it's all okay."

Adrian made a small smile and nodded at the comment. It was good to see Sarah had calmed down. He let her pass through the door outside, and then began to follow the group; out into the unknown world.

(( Adrian Staib continued in Conquistador))

Return to “The Infirmary”