There is no Right or Wrong, Only a Song

Two Shot; Jaclyn Jackson mother of Ace Ortega

This forum contains scenes set off of the island, taking place concurrently with V7 and its broadcast. Please be sure to thoroughly read the rules prior to posting in this forum. If you have any questions, please consult staff.
Buko

There is no Right or Wrong, Only a Song

Post by Buko »

June 13th, 2018

Rasheed Johnson had been in love with Jaclyn Jackson since he was twelve years old. She was the girl next door, then she was the homecoming queen and after that she was his work wife. She had been single for a long time, always busy, always serious and while Rasheed had pinned for her longer than she had been single in time he had grown content with just supporting her at work and being her friend. He had gotten married five years ago, had just had a child of his own. His wife was a good woman, loyal and kind. He was happy and so it seemed that Jackie was as well.

At least for a bit.

“Thanks for driving me ‘Sheed, you didn’t have to.”

“Don’t be like that Jack, we’re friends for life and I can’t leave you sick like that, not considering what’s happened.”

Jackie sighed at that, she didn’t necessarily like being open and vulnerable around others. She was fiercely independent and fiercely fierce--a beacon of strength and a paragon of consistency. Even with the Senior class of George Hunter missing, her only son among them, she had insisted and kept on working her job at the Post Office. This morning she had been puking her guts out at home and still managed to make it to work where she puked again. Rasheed spoke to the Union Rep and got them both off and was taking her to the hospital. She was grateful, though more certain by the second she was going to repaint the interior of Rasheed's car with her dinner from last night. She didn't need complimentary sympathy along with whatever was tearing her stomach up.

“Thank you, you can just drop me off at the hospital, I’ll take an Uber home.”

“Are you crazy? C’mon, I’m gonna park and we’ll get you checked out.”

She sighed again and pursed her lips.

“ ‘Sheed?”

“Yeah?”

“My son is dead, so yeah, I'm a little fucking crazy at the moment,” she undid her seatbelt, “I appreciate the friendship and the kindness--but I am not feeling particularly kind or friendly right now. So please, please, leave me alone.”

“Jack, you know I can’t do that, I love you.”

“Jesus fuckin’ chris--”

She puked, right in his lap. She had eaten tuna fish last night, it looked like a mixture of refried beans and tuna casserole. They stared at each other for what seemed to be forever. Jackie wiped her mouth, apologized and quickly exited the car.

Rasheed to his credit did not peel out. But he also didn't stay--thank God.

When she made it to the nursing station of the ER room she found her stomach calmed and looking at her phone that it was around 8AM. The nurses were fresh, an hour into their shift and the hospital was running at a smooth pace. She plugged in her headphones and listened to her son’s crappy music. She missed him and missed his music. It had always been the link between them, songs allowed her to be soft when life and the burdens of raising a man as a woman forced her to be hard.
Jackie’s Jams: 2 Chainz ft. YG & Offset - PROUD

She was seen quickly, the doctors said it was stress, she demanded tests.

They took her urine and her blood.

Then she sat there and waited.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'
Buko

Post by Buko »

July 4th, 2018

She hadn't been back to work in weeks at this point and she had been avoiding his calls for longer.

Today she called him.

"Jackie?! Hey! Hey! Hey! Good to hear from ya! I was so worried about you!"

Of course he was.

"Happy Fourth Jackie."

He was a fucking idiot.

"Happy Fourth Mike."

There was quiet for a long time.

"You call for a reason Jack?"

Not long enough.

"..."

"I'm sorry Jack, I know I can't say that shit enough, but I really am," he sounded so sad, so desperate--she hated that about him, "I been thinkin' 'bout you and Ace a lot...especially...y'know..since..."

Of course he had been.

Of course he was.

Of course she knew.

He knew that.

"Mike."

He was quiet immediately, transfixed immediately, giving her one hundred percent--immediately. She loved that about him. She hated that he could only tap into it once in a blue moon.

"Yeah?"

"I'm pregnant, bout nine weeks," she said but still couldn't believe, "I just thought you should know."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

He was quiet for a very long time.

So much for the blue moon.

She hung up.

He called back.

She let him go to voice mail.

He called again. Then again. Then again.

She turned off the phone.
"My man got too familiar and I’d ended up having to whoop his ass, man, you know. Because he would step across the line. Habitually. He’s a habitual line stepper.” -Charlie Murphy
[+] Ace of Hearts
V8 Relationship Thread

Slidin'
Lookin' for the opps, they been hidin'
I grew up 'round drugs, sex, and violence
We turnt off they street, we heard sirens
Since a juvenile, I been wylin'

Return to “V7 Meanwhile”